ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 284Likes

post #1531 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Not that it took a genius, but I definitely called the anticipated plotline of SHIELD needing Ward to help with a situation. Maybe he'll go AWOL during the assignment and end up on Hydra's side. One can hope...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 355
It would be nice if there was some sort of motivation for Hydra. In the Winter Soldier it was basically about control. But Hydra got blown up as much as SHIELD did and you have SHIELD put back together with bandaids and Scotch tape. Yet Hydra is still a fully functioning, organized Fortune 500 company. Why? What is their endgame now? How have things changed? Instead, we just get these bad people who seem to be bad for no particular reason other than they are sadists.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #1533 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 847
That usually seems to be the level of depth comic book villains get, at least when they're adapted for the small screen.

Simmons: "This could kill millions of people!"
Hydra Guy: "Isn't it cool?"

Yep, here's another typical bad-guy organisation.
post #1534 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 306
I'm hoping someone will get the honor of becoming Agent 99.
post #1535 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I didn't immediately recognize her as FNL's Adrianne Palicki until I read it here (but know I had seen her somewhere...). Man, she's really tall!
Her long dark hair didn't fool me. I recognized her immediately (I know, you're happy for me).

Yes, she's tall, but I don't think she is extremely tall. This is based upon seeing her in FNL (Friday Night Lights). While she was taller than some of her male actors in that series, she wasn't towering over anyone, AFAIR. At least not as much as she seemed to tower over the actress who plays Simmons.

Looking up online:

Palicki: reportedly 5ft 11"
Simmons actress (Elizabeth Henstridge): reportedly 5ft 4"

Hmm, seemed like there was an even greater visual disparity between them than that.

Last edited by CruelInventions; 10-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.
post #1536 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Here is a nice article which discusses the Avengers teaser trailer. It has spoilers of the type that describe the characters in relation to the trailer so if you want to go in tabula rasa, don't click on it.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10...ler-explained/

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #1537 of 2211 Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Didn't Skye kill Donnie Gill? While keeping her pulse rate down...

v/r,
C-F
I think so...I'll re watch eps during winter break but I'd think that her keep her pulse down would be a good thing, don't want her to have a berserker episode like her dad and start killing/threatening everyone...or perhaps that's his expression of that particular talent mixed with his personality and it'll be a bit different with Skye.

Cheers
post #1538 of 2211 Old 10-26-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Hey folks...I'm sorry if this has been identified before but my son has been catching up on last season via the dvd set. He's now watching the 4th episode, Eye Spy, where the girl was receiving her orders via an eye implant and Ward had to go into the Russian facility with a pair of glasses mocked up to receive her orders. When Ward entered the "math room", on the board was the gobbly gook that Coulson has been "doodling" this season.

Again, I apologize if it's been mentioned before but I don't recall anyone saying anything. Anyway, the next episode is The Girl in the Flower Dress, which the timing of it all may or may not be relevant. Anyway, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention (if it hasn't already) as we all try to figure out what that doddling means.
post #1539 of 2211 Old 10-26-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post
Hey folks...I'm sorry if this has been identified before but my son has been catching up on last season via the dvd set. He's now watching the 4th episode, Eye Spy, where the girl was receiving her orders via an eye implant and Ward had to go into the Russian facility with a pair of glasses mocked up to receive her orders. When Ward entered the "math room", on the board was the gobbly gook that Coulson has been "doodling" this season.

Again, I apologize if it's been mentioned before but I don't recall anyone saying anything. Anyway, the next episode is The Girl in the Flower Dress, which the timing of it all may or may not be relevant. Anyway, I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention (if it hasn't already) as we all try to figure out what that doddling means.
Skye thinks its a map....as of end of latest ep.
post #1540 of 2211 Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Yeah, I know she thinks it's a map, but what's the connection going back to the Clairvoyant timeframe, Garrett and now Coulson? And I bring up that next episode with Raina because she's now connected to Skye's father. And with the introduction of him being an alien (possibly) along with the alien (Kree) blood, I'm just trying to piece it all together and make sense of where it's going and what clues we may have missed along the way.
post #1541 of 2211 Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post
Yeah, I know she thinks it's a map, but what's the connection going back to the Clairvoyant timeframe, Garrett and now Coulson? And I bring up that next episode with Raina because she's now connected to Skye's father. And with the introduction of him being an alien (possibly) along with the alien (Kree) blood, I'm just trying to piece it all together and make sense of where it's going and what clues we may have missed along the way.
Yes...I'm with you now. Okay.

There was also Hydras interest in the painting that had a "map?" or part of one on the back of it and as you already mentioned the Wards break in...what ever it is I also wonder why the people affected/infected are so compelled to make the drawings? Why the urgency? Garrett was babbling stuff I don't remember what but there could be clues there, I'll have to rewatch now with that in mind. Perhaps the urgency is just a form of sensory overload. Perhaps it's a means of space navigation using wormholes/weak connections between different parts of the galaxy.
post #1542 of 2211 Old 10-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Marvel has announced its movie lineup for the next few years, and among them is Captain Marvel, which is supposed to be the Carol Danvers version (though I really wish they'd named it Ms. Marvel). They have also announced an Inhumans movie after that, both in 2018.

I know there's been some speculation on here about Skye's true identity and some suggestions of Captain Marvel or an Inhuman. We also know that Reina(?) confirmed that Skye wasn't even her real name. However, given Marvel's announcement, I doubt they'd take an existing (non-big-name) actress from AoS to build a franchise movie around. That leads me to believe the more recent hints that she may be She-Hulk instead.

As for the movie lineup. . .wowza. Comic geeks the world over just had massive fangasms.
post #1543 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 406
I liked the special trailer they showed with the Avenger's team trying to pick the hammer up.
nathanddrews likes this.

post #1544 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 05:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I liked the special trailer they showed with the Avenger's team trying to pick the hammer up.
Stark to Rhodes: "Are you even on my team?"
post #1545 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Another trailer/peek at AAoU? These next six months are going to be long.
post #1546 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 317
It was what they showed during comic con in July. Yesterday during their movie announcement event they showed another one too, but no footage of that made it onto youtube.

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1547 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, did Marvel blow DC's announcement out of the water. Off the planet, more to the point. This is exciting stuff and I am shamelessly one of the nerds having a fangasm!

So we have:

Avengers Age of Ultron (2015)
-based on the teaser--which is all I will see, I refuse to watch any more promos--it looks like Hulk is in a really bad way. Stark, ever the planner for all contingencies, has his Hulkbuster armor. I wonder if they are gonna send him off-planet. Then there is Cap. America's broken shield. Could we be losing an Avenger and seeing the title pass off to Bucky or Falcon? There seems to be more team in-fighting, which I'm wary of, but man... James Spader's Ultron is epic creepy.

Ant-Man (2015)

Captain America: Civil War (2016)
-synopsis reads that the gov't is deciding how heroes need to be regulated in the wake of SHIELD's collapse and no "Council" to be overwatchers. With that comes superhero registration. Stark comes down on the side of "what do we have to hide" and Cap. on the other.

Doctor Strange (2016)
-expect another infinity stone here

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
-I read that this comic story is regarded as one of the best.

Black Panther (2017)
-A clear reach out by Marvel to provide some diversity in their heroes.

Avengers Infinity War Part 1 (2018)

Captain Marvel (2018)
-Along with Panther, it is good to see some diversity. I think we can safely strike Cap. Marvel from the list of possible identities for Skye.

Inhumans (2018)
-To me, Marvel showed their hand by naming this movie. I didn't even know about these, but what I read yesterday, I think it is clear that this is who Skye is. I don't buy She-Hulk. All evidence points to this. Inhumans are a group of people who were captured and experimented on by the Kree, given superhuman powers. We've got the blue aliens, whose most likely identity are the Kree. The Kree were also given a nod in GotG. There are hints from GoTG that Skylord isn't human which means there is precedence for aliens who look like humans. I'm placing my firm bet on Skye being an Inhuman.

Avengers Infinity War Part 2 (2019)
-As much as I loathe the money grabs at making two-parters (looking at you Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Hobbit), this really makes sense here. I don't expect we'll have the same set of Avengers for this arc as we have right now. And you can see the signs in the expansion of the universe into GotG, Dr. Strange, Inhumans, etc.

Last edited by bpeacock22; 10-29-2014 at 07:23 AM.
post #1548 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 119
^^^
Thanks for the information. I read a bunch of spoiler related stuff from the comic guys regarding the trailers but although they give information, it cleared up my confusion and see where this is all headed. It will be pretty amazing. I have to watch the hammer scene again, does it move at all?
post #1549 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
^^^
Thanks for the information. I read a bunch of spoiler related stuff from the comic guys regarding the trailers but although they give information, it cleared up my confusion and see where this is all headed. It will be pretty amazing. I have to watch the hammer scene again, does it move at all?

Captain America managed to lift it a quarter of an inch maybe.
post #1550 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Did you see Thor's face when he did? Thor had this WTF look on his face and then quickly jumped to "oh ho he didn't move it either!" to mask that it did indeed move. I will bet money that at some point in the movie Thor loses or drops the hammer and Captain picks it up and hits something with it.

As for Shield last night...another really strong episode. I knew Ward was going to escape but I thought his brother would be the one to free him as I was betting they were both Hydra and working angles. Who or what was Coulson looking at in those Classified files? Ward? And when the Shield agent was Walters I thought she would have been She-Hulk. But alas, no.

I do really like Coulson making it clear that Ward will never ever be a part of the team. Should set some minds at ease on those who thought he was going to rejoin in future.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #1551 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Which could be a significant thing down the road? It made a little noise like it was about to "cheat on Thor" and give it up! Maybe the reason for the face? You naughty little slut hammer!

It makes sense, Captain America seems the most likely.The whole squeaky clean image of him. It certainly wouldn't do it for Tony Stark.
post #1552 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
Did you see Thor's face when he did? Thor had this WTF look on his face and then quickly jumped to "oh ho he didn't move it either!" to mask that it did indeed move. I will bet money that at some point in the movie Thor loses or drops the hammer and Captain picks it up and hits something with it.

As for Shield last night...another really strong episode. I knew Ward was going to escape but I thought his brother would be the one to free him as I was betting they were both Hydra and working angles. Who or what was Coulson looking at in those Classified files? Ward? And when the Shield agent was Walters I thought she would have been She-Hulk. But alas, no.

I do really like Coulson making it clear that Ward will never ever be a part of the team. Should set some minds at ease on those who thought he was going to rejoin in future.

They certainly are advancing the story and characters. Is this the same show a few people were bagging hard on in the first season?
post #1553 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
It was what they showed during comic con in July. Yesterday during their movie announcement event they showed another one too, but no footage of that made it onto youtube.

Yeah it did. Avengers:Infinity War

http://io9.com/watch-the-avengers-in...ash-1652189067

Cool Beans.
post #1554 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 317
^^Thats not it. There was a clip from Age of Ultron with Tony and Steve chopping wood and mouthing off to each other that was shown yesterday.

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1555 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Try this:

Interesting that it appears the scepter IS an infinity stone.
post #1556 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Strong Agents of Shield episode last night. really like it. Let's see how things progress, too bad we have an extra week off before we get more episodes.
dnoonie likes this.
post #1557 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Who or what was Coulson looking at in those Classified files? Ward?
Yes, I went back & looked after he closed the file & it was Ward's file he was looking at.
post #1558 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Great episode indeed. And I am so relieved to see Ward is still bad.
post #1559 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Is this the same show a few people were bagging hard on in the first season?
No. It's much better than that show. I have to wonder if there was a shakeup in the management, or something. Most shows don't improve this much over the course of half a season.

Quote:
I knew Ward was going to escape but I thought his brother would be the one to free him as I was betting they were both Hydra and working angles.
A similar thought crossed my mind. I wondered if they were both working towards the exchange so that they could reunite. Perhaps they will meet up later to reveal their dastardly Hydra plans? With both of them trying so hard to portray the other as untrustworthy, I think it just might be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
Wow, did Marvel blow DC's announcement out of the water.
Is it just me, or does Marvel seem really insecure these days by plastering its name all over everything, just in case people don't know that SHIELD and The Avengers are Marvel properties, rather than DC properties? You don't see "DC presents DC's Arrow" or "DC's The Flash", or "DC's Gotham", but Marvel seems really desperate to let people know that Marvel makes TV shows and movies, too.
post #1560 of 2211 Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 102
^They had to place ''Marvel's'' in front for The Avengers, in order to avoid issues with the BBC's old The Avengers, Steed & Emma Peel show.
And there was a recent cop drama named The Shield, so, there they go again.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page