ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 58 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

post #1711 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I'll probably watch Agent Carter for the simple fact that it's tied to SHIELD, but I'm not really looking forward to it.
aaronwt likes this.

thread closed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 733
I wonder how many members who are so ambivalent about 'Agent Carter' saw the Marvel Short at the end of one of the movies (forget which one)...? 'Cause that was pretty cool. It got me stoked for this miniseries. Also, ummmm, Hayley Atwell!
osu1991, Zookster and dnoonie like this.
post #1713 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Just catching up here, but I thought it was a great winter finale too (I guess winter finales are things now?). I know next to nothing about Marvel comics so the "Daisy" reveal was over my head completely until I read a review on IGN. Apparently this does indeed make her Quake and her dad some Marvel version of Mr. Hyde. Raina's spines in her face made me think of that one mutant in X-Men 3. Not saying that's what she is at all... just reminded me of that.

Sad to see Tripp go. Way more interesting than Mack, who was relegated to being Fitz' buddy and had nothing really important to do otherwise.

As soon as the Marvel Phase 3 movies were revealed, I called Skye being an Inhuman. One of the few predictions I've made correctly on all these superhero shows... #smallvictories I don't think this means she will be in the movie. There are plenty of Inhumans to go around.

Oh and it may be worth noting to Marvel superfans, the second half of the season is supposed to tie directly into Avengers 2. Looking forward to it!
post #1714 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 158
You're not supposed to say the "m word" in this thread since Sony holds those rights.

I'm a bit surprised about the banter regarding Agent Carter. Do we watch it (because of boobs??) or is it boring (because of the previews??)??
Both povs seem superficial.
I'll watch it because I think Agents of Shield has done a really good job with the subject matter and made the Marvel Universe pretty interesting. After the slow start (pre-Captain America, Winter Soldier), I think this has turned into a very reliable show and has hit its stride. Agent Carter won't have the constaints that MAoS had because the history has already played out and they can basically do what they want. The actress has done a good job with her role and I think that the powers that be have done a good job constructing this universe. I don't care if it is less about super heroes (who are almost by nature boring and repetitive) and more about the people coping with this.
mike1812, osu1991 and dnoonie like this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1715 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I wonder how many members who are so ambivalent about 'Agent Carter' saw the Marvel Short at the end of one of the movies (forget which one)...? 'Cause that was pretty cool. It got me stoked for this miniseries. Also, ummmm, Hayley Atwell!
Which one was that? I don't think I've seen it?

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1716 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I saw it on a blu-ray as an extra (not part of the movie)

Agent Carter was first shown in full at the 2013 San Diego Comic Con International.[2] It was then released along with the Iron Man 3 home media, first on September 3, 2013 in digital download form, and then on Blu-ray disc, 3D Blu-ray, DVD, digital copy and on demand on September 24, 2013.[13][1] D'Esposito said that it was decided to release the short along with Iron Man 3 because "the time was right", with the Iron Man 3 home media being released before the opening of Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theaters.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Carter_%28film%29
aaronwt likes this.
post #1717 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
^This.
I definitely remember seeing that Agent Carter featurette on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray and thinking at the time, "I hope this means they'll be expanding on this character in another a movie or TV series."

I agree though, some of the recent trailers for the series make it seem a bit meh-ish. If it wasn't for the featurette and the tie-in to SHIELD and the rest of the Marvel universe, I doubt I'd be watching based solely on those trailers.
post #1718 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
I'm watching because yes, she's a beautiful woman, but I like the period setting and the fact that Hayley Atwell is actually a very good actress, at least as good as any of the actors on SHIELD.
Zookster likes this.
post #1719 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
This is the Marvel One Shot - Agent Carter short film that fans fell in love with and what pushed Agent Carter to series.

Marvel One Shot - Agent Carter

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1v...013_shortfilms
post #1720 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 441
I guess my concern is that they've made it very clear that Agent Carter is only filler between the halves of SHIELD's season, so we don't know how seriously they're going to take it. If it does well, will it get a full season? Will it be back as January filler next year, even if it doesn't do well? Eight episodes isn't a whole lot, and while I'd trust UK producers to make it into an epic miniseries, I have no such confidence in the abilities of whomever is in charge of making Agent Carter eight episodes worth watching. I'm not sure which would be worse... having the episodes suck and wishing that SHIELD had come back sooner, or having the episodes be awesome and then being disappointed when we still don't get a full season out of it.

Last edited by Aleron Ives; 12-16-2014 at 06:19 PM.
post #1721 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
.... but I like the period setting ......
The writing had better be pretty darn good because that's a "period" that I have no interest in at all.

I need my Nazi's (and Zombies) with a big grain of salt and a lot of humor.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #1722 of 1730 Old 12-16-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
This is the Marvel One Shot - Agent Carter short film that fans fell in love with and what pushed Agent Carter to series.

Marvel One Shot - Agent Carter

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1v...013_shortfilms
Thanks for linking that. I like it.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1723 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post
The writing had better be pretty darn good because that's a "period" that I have no interest in at all.

I need my Nazi's (and Zombies) with a big grain of salt and a lot of humor.
And I am the exact opposite. I soak up everything related to WWII and that time period. I'm really looking forward to this show.
slowbiscuit, osu1991 and Mark12547 like this.
post #1724 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I guess my concern is that they've made it very clear that Agent Carter is only filler between the halves of SHIELD's season, so we don't know how seriously they're going to take it. If it does well, will it get a full season? Will it be back as January filler next year, even if it doesn't do well? Eight episodes isn't a whole lot, and while I'd trust UK producers to make it into an epic miniseries, I have no such confidence in the abilities of whomever is in charge of making Agent Carter eight episodes worth watching. I'm not sure which would be worse... having the episodes suck and wishing that SHIELD had come back sooner, or having the episodes be awesome and then being disappointed when we still don't get a full season out of it.
Well, here's the thing. We've seen many network shows that have full season orders just flounder because the writers have no clue where to go. With a short 8 episode season, I'm *hopeful* that the writers have a clear path to follow and that the episodes will be tight and interesting.
osu1991 and Zookster like this.
post #1725 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
Well, here's the thing. We've seen many network shows that have full season orders just flounder because the writers have no clue where to go. With a short 8 episode season, I'm *hopeful* that the writers have a clear path to follow and that the episodes will be tight and interesting.
They'll probably leave it somewhat open-ended so that they can take it to series if the interest is there. I don't know if they'll set it up kind of like a procedural in that Agent Carter takes on a different villain every week (if it goes to series) or if it will be a continuing, serialized battle against Hydra. Personally, I'd prefer the latter, and that's likely how the miniseries will be structured.
post #1726 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I would think they will have 1 major baddie for her to go after over the 8 episode arc, and based on ratings it may get a full season commitment for 2015 fall .
post #1727 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'll take Agent Carter over reality TV mid-season filler any time. We'll get the same number of episodes of SHIELD regardless of when they air. AC is bonus time. Assuming it proves to be worth watching, I'll be happy to have AC as filler whenever it airs.
post #1728 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I'm hoping for a self-contained story that will tie back into and inform AoS and Avengers 2. If it's good enough, it can go on to tell more stories in later seasons. There has to be a reason they had undercover SHIELD move into their old headquarters besides saving on the cost of building sets.
mike1812 likes this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1729 of 1730 Old Today, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Agent Carter still shots

Hi folks,

I ran across these, http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112643, http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/39...s-agent-carter, they're the same thing really but the first link loaded better for me. No new news really but they do have a series of 29 still shots from the show. They look very cool!

Cheers,
post #1730 of 1730 Old Today, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 80
My prediction is Whitehall shows up, and Agent Carter kills him, only to discover that he comes back, thus setting up the Big Bad for the second half of the current day series.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page