ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 116Likes

post #1861 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Now that Hydra is beaten, or so they implied, why wouldn't Fury come back and then there would be no need for a silly Shield vs Shield storyline?
Probably because Samuel Jackson would want too much money to do an episode here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMA View Post
IIRC, I believe Fury told Coulson to take over. It's not that Coulson just thinks so. I would expect that his Shield is the sanctioned one but can agree that others in their leadership would not know that and want to build their own version of the organization.
And there's a story timeline issue that wasn't entirely cleared up...Fury ''died'' in the movie, only Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Maria Hill (who now works for Stark), Coulson, May, Skye(?), and Simmons, plus a handful of agents who were with Fury on the plane he used to rescue Fitz/Simmons, know otherwise. So on what authority can Coulson claim to be in charge?
It's not like you get to inherit the top position when your boss dies...Somebody has to clear it.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1863 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
And there's a story timeline issue that wasn't entirely cleared up...Fury ''died'' in the movie, only Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Maria Hill (who now works for Stark), Coulson, May, Skye(?), and Simmons, plus a handful of agents who were with Fury on the plane he used to rescue Fitz/Simmons, know otherwise. So on what authority can Coulson claim to be in charge?
It's not like you get to inherit the top position when your boss dies...Somebody has to clear it.
Well, when the rest of the organization is in shambles, somebody has to step up and take charge. There was no one else left to do it. Whoever these founders are, they chose to remain in the shadows - which is awfully hypocritical considering how much they blather on about the importance of transparency.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #1864 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 176
I love how Ward and Kara used Breathe-Right strips to tape Bakshi's eyes open for whatever that "treatement" was. Intentional to show that they're improvising or did the show think no one would notice?
post #1865 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
I love how Ward and Kara used Breathe-Right strips to tape Bakshi's eyes open for whatever that "treatment" was. Intentional to show that they're improvising or did the show think no one would notice?
Noticed the flashing screen in that shot? Something like that was used by Hydra to cause the subject to lose one's willpower and be controlled by the one administering the treatment. Such treatment requires that the subject continually looks at that screen.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, Roku N1000 (original model), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (120Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Preferred Plus), DVD/VHS player.
post #1866 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I think the sports team analogy used in a previous post was not quite correct.

From what I saw last night, and what I have read today, I believe Olmos and his team are fellow agents (albeit high ranking ones). They are Coulson's peers who have formed their own SHIELD group. They are not the "owners" in the analogy. They are the guys in training camp vying for a starting position, with the goal to put Coulson on the bench.

FYI, the female in the group is Agent Anne Weaver, who was in season 1 when Simmons & Fitz went to the SHIELD Science & Tech Academy (she was head of the Academy).
post #1867 of 1870 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
I love how Ward and Kara used Breathe-Right strips to tape Bakshi's eyes open for whatever that "treatement" was. Intentional to show that they're improvising or did the show think no one would notice?

Looked more like those used for cuts or stitches to me, but you use what's laying around. Better than toothpicks

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
post #1868 of 1870 Old Today, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 64
There's a better explanation than SLJ is too expensive. The Council was killed in Capt. America 2. I think there's also enough explanation at the end for why Fury isn't coming out of hiding. And I'm sure we'll see why in Avengers 2. (They've already hinted at why we haven't seen Hawkeye during everything that's happened with SHIELD's collapse.) I'm even okay that we haven't seen these higher ups anywhere yet since SHIELD was so big. The plausibility of these high ranking agents, led by EJO, to gather together and reboot makes sense. SHIELD fell on Fury's watch so I can see why a faction wouldn't want to set shop back up under that regime. But the point about conflicting secrecy vs. transparency is a good one. And I think it would help to know if EJO's faction always knew about Coulson's faction, and if so, why they didn't just come out and say "Nuh uh, we're doing this. Join us." Then Coulson would say "no". And some conflict results. The point is, I'm not sure why the subterfuge, unless EJO's team thinks Coulson's is Hydra? I don't know... I'm just confused right now....

P.S. They looked more like butterfly bandages to me too.
post #1869 of 1870 Old Today, 12:38 PM
PMA

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What EJO said about Coulson pursuing an alien city and being some type of loose cannon as one of the reasons he needs to be "benched" doesn't make sense. Keep in mind that Coulson was trying to keep alien tech out of Hydra's hands as they too were trying to locate the same city. Unless EJO and his version of Shield isn't aware of that (again, doesn't make sense), why would they think Coulson is doing anything in particular wrong?

Separately, where do these organizations get their funding if no longer sanctioned by the government? Need to pay their agents, buy jet fuel etc. The writers should try to explain how Shield is able to reconstitute itself, even if in separate teams.
post #1870 of 1870 Old Today, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 229
This second SHIELD business is a bit gooey. Why didn't second SHIELD do anything about Whitehall or the other dangers. They are just watching Coulson to see if he does a good job? Seems very passive aggressive.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page