ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 68 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 198Likes

post #2011 of 2040 Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Really good episode tonight I thought. Nice little tie in to the Avengers at the end without giving away too much. This show usually picks up lots of momentum before and after one of the movies comes out. Hoping they can keep this up.

Sent from nowhere
Agree. This show really worked well. The Skye fighting scenes were some of the best action yet and a bit of a reminder of DareDevil. SHIELD is all over the place and everyone has their own agenda. Coulson still feels like he is ahead of everyone else. He got a couple of nice digs into Gonzales (Spoiler alert. Got to take this call.). Looks like at least a part of SHIELD is going to go to war with the Inhumans. That isn't going to end well.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ah, "The twins."

Wonder if Fury will show up in the finale again. And if the two S.H.I.E.L.D.S will unite for good. (There Can Be Only One?)

I would go to the movie Thursday night, but thanks to some unruly *******s, there's a curfew here...

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #2013 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I did enjoy the look on Gonzalez face when Coulson looked at him and said "spoiler alert"!
mike1812, psgcdn and bpeacock22 like this.
post #2014 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Watching the end of the episode, I thought I'm definitely going to need to see the Age of Ultron movie before watch the rest of this season. But then when they showed the scenes for next week's episode, I got the sense watching Age of Ultron won't be necessary to understand what's going on SHIELD, though I'm sure it would be better if I did see the new Avengers movie -- just not enough time in the coming weeks even if I did still enjoy watching movies in movie theaters.
post #2015 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
The little fight scene with Skye was the best fight scene this show has had on it. It looked like it was done in one shot but it was probably done with some trickery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2016 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
The little fight scene with Skye was the best fight scene this show has had on it. It looked like it was done in one shot but it was probably done with some trickery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looked like a hand held unit that was following the action. I did pick up on the lateral move around Skye when she kicked which gave it a video game feel.
post #2017 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Great tie in to the Avengers movie this weekend. This show has done a good job of incorporating the movies as they get released. I remember not seeing Thor: The Dark World before the SHIELD episode that tied in. I don't feel like is spoiled too much, but I cannot imagine not seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier opening weekend too keep up with the show. It will be the same this year, with the season ending soon, I feel the tie in will require me to see the movie this weekend. I already have my tickets for Friday night, can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely avoid this forum then after this week. You can buy movie tickets at Costco? --shows you how long it's been since I've seen a movie in the theaters. I just prefer my big (and clean) comfy recliner, a frig full of craft beers and snacks, and my own private restroom -- and the ability to pause the film should the need arise.
This is my preferred method for watching movies as well, but I still like the movie experience from time to time. About 2-3 times a year, my wife and I go to the AMC and sit in the Cinema Suites. Sure, it is expensive, and the food is ok for the money, but the overall experience is pretty good. The theater is smaller, tickets are more expensive, and is 21 and up in the Cinema Suite, so usually a better crowd. Age of Ultron warrants such a trip this year. Have not been since the Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies. I imagine our routine may change when the Alamo Draft House gets built near our house. We may go there instead, I have not been to an Alamo Draft House in way too long. The first one they built in the area is still kind of far, I don't like to spend more than 30min one way getting to the theater when I have to get a baby sitter and my daughter is way too young to see most of the movies we go see.
mike1812 likes this.

Last edited by wallfly; 04-29-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Inclomplete, did not want to create new post.
post #2018 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
It looked like a hand held unit that was following the action. I did pick up on the lateral move around Skye when she kicked which gave it a video game feel.
"Video game" immediately popped into my mind as well during this fight sequence. My fingers even started to get a little twitchy as I wanted to jump in and take control of the action. Good stuff!
post #2019 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Was that Skye or Legolas?
JohnDG likes this.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #2020 of 2040 Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 654
My main thought during Skye's sequence was, "I wonder how many rehearsals this took." I have a feeling they were probably pretty tired of shooting it by the time they got the final take.
post #2021 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Excellent fight scene with Skye and one of the best fan/geek moments at the end when they mention the movie tie in and such.

post #2022 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 85
+1 to Skye's action scene. Fire, drop gun, flip, pick up new gun, fire, roll, fire, kick... That was pretty BAMF. And now that the S is hitting the F, looks like Coulson is going to get backing as the real Director via Maria Hill and eventually the return of Fury. (Nice "spoiler alert" moment.) I mean, no wonder Coulson hasn't cared what "real SHIELD" does or thinks; he's just operating as is needed, knowing that the theta protocol reckoning is coming. No time for other distractions. He is like the ultimate play-it-cool guy.

I do like the tie-in to Ultron but I did think it would have been a little more integrated rather than just an epilogue on an episode and not really having anything to do with what is going on in the primary plot line. Of course, I understand that Coulson has been hunting Loki's scepter. I got the reference to "the twins". And now that he's found them, it's Avengers time. And of course, Raina's vision of men of iron destroying the earth and nothing ever being the same again.

I stopped short of watching the sneak peak. I haven't watched a thing since the teaser. I prefer going into these movies totally surprised and delighted; and we all know how much trailers give away the best parts these days.

For those who care, even though the preview didn't seem to give away any post tie-in to Ultron, I'd caution watching next week's episode before seeing the movie. The episode preview would intentionally NOT show anything that may tie-in so as not to spoil anything from the movie.
dnoonie likes this.
post #2023 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I watched the first AOS tie in to Winter Soldier before seeing the movie and it really didn't ruin my enjoyment of both. I will probably do the same, not a life ending decision.
post #2024 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I watched the first AOS tie in to Winter Soldier before seeing the movie and it really didn't ruin my enjoyment of both. I will probably do the same, not a life ending decision.
Agreed. I'll get much more out of the last episodes of SHIELD if I watch them now than if I wait 4-6 months for the Age of Ultron blu-ray release -- by which time the new season of SHIELD will likely have started.
post #2025 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
+1 to Skye's action scene. Fire, drop gun, flip, pick up new gun, fire, roll, fire, kick... That was pretty BAMF. And now that the S is hitting the F, looks like Coulson is going to get backing as the real Director via Maria Hill and eventually the return of Fury. (Nice "spoiler alert" moment.) I mean, no wonder Coulson hasn't cared what "real SHIELD" does or thinks; he's just operating as is needed, knowing that the theta protocol reckoning is coming. No time for other distractions. He is like the ultimate play-it-cool guy.

I do like the tie-in to Ultron but I did think it would have been a little more integrated rather than just an epilogue on an episode and not really having anything to do with what is going on in the primary plot line. Of course, I understand that Coulson has been hunting Loki's scepter. I got the reference to "the twins". And now that he's found them, it's Avengers time. And of course, Raina's vision of men of iron destroying the earth and nothing ever being the same again.

I stopped short of watching the sneak peak. I haven't watched a thing since the teaser. I prefer going into these movies totally surprised and delighted; and we all know how much trailers give away the best parts these days.

For those who care, even though the preview didn't seem to give away any post tie-in to Ultron, I'd caution watching next week's episode before seeing the movie. The episode preview would intentionally NOT show anything that may tie-in so as not to spoil anything from the movie.

They gave a tie in to future movie(s). For those that have seen the release schedule for the next two years what was said during the preview for next week is a direct tie into that as well as Ultron (most likely).

Sent from nowhere
post #2026 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Wow, had I seen the SHIELD episode before seeing Capt. America 2, I would have been really upset at knowing the huge plot twist. It was a pretty well kept secret that that was going to happen.
post #2027 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
Wow, had I seen the SHIELD episode before seeing Capt. America 2, I would have been really upset at knowing the huge plot twist. It was a pretty well kept secret that that was going to happen.
I saw AoS well before I got to see Cap. 2 and it did decrease my enjoyment of the movie a bit. It was still great, but I like not know what is going to happen.
post #2028 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

This is an excellent compilation of the marvel cinematic universe timeline, going into Ultron. Worth your 15 min if you want see how it's coming together.

http://digg.com/video/the-entire-mar...-in-13-minutes
post #2029 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Yeah... I didn't watch Cap 2 until months after I had watched the SHIELD episodes. I still enjoyed the Cap movie when I did get around to watching it.

I'm wondering how this one is going to work, though... because it sure seems like next week they'll still be in the middle of the current Inhumans stuff... which will seem weird IF all the Ultron stuff has supposedly happened in the meantime.

Last year, with Cap... it was an easier transition from where they were to revealing rogue Hydra agents and stuff after the movie... if the promos are accurate, seems like Ultron is going to make a mess of things before presumably the heroes win the day... so how will SHIELD be right back to where they left off this week? I'm curious to see how that works.

It would actually be cleaner, to me, if they had SHIELD lead-up to Ultron and air the final episode of SHIELD this season just before the movie release... then pick up next season with several months after the Ultron mess and move forward.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #2030 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

It would actually be cleaner, to me, if they had SHIELD lead-up to Ultron and air the final episode of SHIELD this season just before the movie release... then pick up next season with several months after the Ultron mess and move forward.
True but clean makes for less interesting story telling. This could take AOS to a whole new level. It could be very cool!

Cheers,
post #2031 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I don't see Age of Ultron having the major impact that Winter Soldier had on the AOS storyline. The final scene this week with Coulson saying its time to bring in the Avengers, leads directly to the first scene in Age of Ultron, other than that I don't think AOS will see much fallout from the movie other than some news stories about the carnage from the battles during the movie.
post #2032 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 08:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
I don't see Age of Ultron having the major impact that Winter Soldier had on the AOS storyline. The final scene this week with Coulson saying its time to bring in the Avengers, leads directly to the first scene in Age of Ultron, other than that I don't think AOS will see much fallout from the movie other than some news stories about the carnage from the battles during the movie.

It's not so much about Ultron but setting up the future of the franchise

Sent from nowhere
post #2033 of 2040 Old 04-30-2015, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'm more interested in how things play out next season, as I think Cap 3 Civil War will have a big impact on AOS storylines
post #2034 of 2040 Old 05-01-2015, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 79
That Skye fight scene was unbelievable. Unlike anything you normally see on network tv. The camera work is what made it stand out.
post #2035 of 2040 Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
That Skye fight scene was unbelievable. Unlike anything you normally see on network tv. The camera work is what made it stand out.
I knew there would be a lot comments on that scene, shifting from first-person to third person and back seamlessly. Well done! Reminds me of that incredible 5 minute, one-take Matthew McConaughey chase scene through a subdivision on last season's 'True Detective' (which I believe won an Emmy for director Cary Fukunaga).

Takes a lot of time, effort, and umteen rehearsals to do such an ambitious scene like that, possibly a first for a network TV show. Must have been fun for cast & crew, especially my girlfriend Chloe Bennet (and, um, her stunt double).
post #2036 of 2040 Old 05-01-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It's not so much about Ultron but setting up the future of the franchise

Sent from nowhere
Absolutely. To have introduced and tie into a movie that is not coming out until 2019, they definitely have long range plans.
post #2037 of 2040 Old 05-01-2015, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 88
What does Real SHIELD want with powered people? Gonzales seemed excited about having two of them. I'm thinking...I don't know what to think, it seems Real SHIELD wants things to go back to the way they were before, so use them to find out where the Inhumans are then exterminate?

Cheers,
post #2038 of 2040 Old 05-01-2015, 01:45 PM
PMA

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I enjoyed the episode and the final references that lead to the Avengers movie but it still seems odd that Whedon decided to NOT bring Coulson back in the movie (not a spoiler here as this was recently published in an interview). I wonder if or how they may deal with that in the movie. Fury is there and you'd think he'd make some type of reference to Shield reconstituting itself under a "new" Director.
post #2039 of 2040 Old Today, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
One of the best I've ever seen on any show!

post #2040 of 2040 Old Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 200
There are few things I enjoy more than watching a kickarse woman in action.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming