ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 587Likes

post #2611 of 2616 Old 12-22-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Well, the hope is that, since AC is part of the MCU, it will retain the AoS viewers so the drop off will be minimized. Plus there will be ads for AoS in AC to remind viewers that it's coming back.

So they show a fresh show that has a tie-in to the show on hiatus with reminders for that show. This seems like a good strategy compared to showing reruns or another totally unrelated show.
Agreed, it has to help. Other shows (e.g. The Walking Dead) just take a long break and put their tie-in show in the summer. Odd but whatever. When you have an already established fan base, they usually come back, its the new shows that suffer the most from these breaks. I still hate them, I just want to watch them all and move on to something else when done, don't make me wait and wait, who knows what will happen in that time (nothing but usually me sitting around waiting).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2616 Old 12-22-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
The reason SHIELD is on break, is that networks are trying to offer fresh programming thoughout the season, because in season repeats will damage the net's overall ratings performance. If shows are run straight through without repeats, then May sweeps would be left with replacement shows that could tank.
There's also the fact that it takes two weeks, typically, to film a show like Shield. Then editing time. At some point, even if they start shooting early in the summer, air dates catch up with production, and there's no new episode to air. You need a break to finish more new shows.

It's not a problem with Netflix or Amazon, doing 8-13 episode series, on any old schedule they want. But when you are talking about a show on a normal network schedule that starts new episodes in September and makes 22, you gotta have breaks in between. That's always been true. It's just that they don't like to show rereuns as much now.
post #2613 of 2616 Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
Unfortunately she doesn't dress like that on the show!

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
I think that would be counter mission statement for her to dress like that on the show.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2614 of 2616 Old 01-26-2016, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Ladies and gentlemen, the official Honest Trailer for Agents of S.T.A.R.E.S. -- er, S.H.I.E.L.D:

Striving to live life in high dynamic range ultra high definition with an expanded color gamut.
post #2615 of 2616 Old 01-27-2016, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Oh man, that was to funny.

post #2616 of 2616 Old Today, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, the official Honest Trailer for Agents of S.T.A.R.E.S. -- er, S.H.I.E.L.D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6uagFjJsU

Part of that reminded me of "Tea, Earl Gray, Hot", e.g.,

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, PC (Windows 7), Xfinity Internet (160Mbps/12Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola DCX3501, Xfinity faceplate: RNG200N), Xfinity cable (Digital Preferred Plus), Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player.
post #2617 of 2616 Old Today, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post

Part of that reminded me of "Tea, Earl Gray, Hot", e.g.,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM
Or "Make it so." :-D

Striving to live life in high dynamic range ultra high definition with an expanded color gamut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming