ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 721Likes

post #2941 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 198
The strangest aspect of this show seems to be that it is supposed to serve as an "average day in the life" of the MCU's SHIELD agents (regular humans), but without getting into too many world-ending, cataclysmic events, as those are reserved for the movies.

But then just when you think AoS is just going to be about rooting out Hydra cells, they end up traveling to other worlds/dimensions and fighting what seem to be galactic-level baddies in addition to the MotW baddies and trying to resolve the entire Inhumans storyline that the movies aren't really even touching. People are dying and/or leaving with some regularity.

Meanwhile, Ant-Man just fights another dude that can shrink, Civil War is basically a pitcher's mound skirmish. The stakes were pretty high in Captain 1 (Hydra nuking the world), Ultron (Sokovia meteor), and Guardians (Power Stone), but all three Iron Man films were just sub-boss fights. And c'mon, no one expected Loki to actually succeed in Avengers, right? The biggest disappointment to me is that there isn't enough crossover between the show and the movies. I'm not just talking about characters, but just talking points beyond "Remember what happened in New York? *wink*".

Are we to assume that the whole point of this show is to make Daisy the main protagonist of the Inhumans movie? That would be funny.

P.S. I love the movies and really like the show (sometimes not so much).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 55
LMD. Life Model Decoy (unless it's undergone a name change please correct me). Kinda like a manufactured duplicate of yourself. Nick Fury of the SHIELD comics featured them.
post #2943 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This show COULD be so much more, it seems to waste talented actors.
This show seems to start out a season OK,(plot wise) then hits a long stride of stale shows.
Perhaps because we see the same villain over and over (Ward) all season.
Then they try to entice you into next season with a big finish.
I would like to see characters from the MCU show up occasionally, if not from the Movie realm, how about Luke Cage, JJ, Punisher, or Daredevil, . ?
Although and Ant man and Hulk made a commercial, so what would it take to do an episode?
Just pushing ideas, I know everyone will reply saying different owners of characters, can't cross over, legal rights etc.
I'd like to see this show succeed, I don't think it will much longer at this pace.
post #2944 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
Sorry, but what's a LMD?
''Life Model Decoy'', androids that are designed to replace a real person, typically to avoid hazardous situations such as assassination attempts, etc.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #2945 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
....... as the enemies who magically know what the plan is as soon as they transform......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post
I hadn't really thought of that, but that was pretty silly.

As soon as someone is "turned", they have a mind link with Hive. He can control them through it. He could tell them the plan without speaking it.

Alveus, also known as Hive, was a parasitic Inhuman capable of infesting and possessing the bodies of dead humans and controlling other Inhumans through a hive mind.
post #2946 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Many_options View Post
Perhaps because we see the same villain over and over (Ward) all season.
Very true. If the "big bad" doesn't have the charisma of the lead characters it can get to be a drag on the season. Supernatural is going through the same issue, although the character (Amara) is very easy on the eyes. AoS also seems to fall into the trap of endless character exposition. Usually I feel like "we get it - please move on".

And if Hive wasn't killed in the explosion we are in for more brutal shows, although it looks like Daisy may be the focus next year.
post #2947 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 12:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
As soon as someone is "turned", they have a mind link with Hive. He can control them through it. He could tell them the plan without speaking it.

Alveus, also known as Hive, was a parasitic Inhuman capable of infesting and possessing the bodies of dead humans and controlling other Inhumans through a hive mind.
And apparently that works even in a stasis gel matrix cube when his memories and knowledge of where he actually is are screwed up and he is staring up at the ceiling.

post #2948 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1385
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post
Are we to assume that the whole point of this show is to make Daisy the main protagonist of the Inhumans movie? That would be funny.
Based on Chloe Bennet's recent comments I think she does.

Bennet was complaining that the movies don't use anything from the show and that it shouldn't be ignored. Following up with that she would love to crossover to a movie. What a surprise.

Somehow I don't think she would be happy if Coulson made a return guest appearance though, or Mack made a cameo.

Better find a movie producer who is easily "swayed" Chloe.

Last edited by VisionOn; 05-20-2016 at 12:27 PM.
post #2949 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 253
I still hope that Coulson shows up in Infinity War and explains his resurrection as, "It's kind of a long story."

---
Striving to live life in high dynamic range and ultra high definition.
Samsung UN65JS8500 / Denon AVR-X4000 / 5.1 w/ Mixed Speakers / Sony BDP-BX59 / TiVo Premiere XL / Apple TV (3rd gen) / Fire TV (1st gen) / Xbox 360 R2-D2 Edition
KC area / Father of 4 / Husband / Video Producer / Skeptic
post #2950 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 167
They really can't put stuff from the show in the movies because the audience is much smaller that watches the show vs goes to the movies and people would have no idea what they are talking about.
post #2951 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post
I still hope that Coulson shows up in Infinity War and explains his resurrection as, "It's kind of a long story."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
They really can't put stuff from the show in the movies because the audience is much smaller that watches the show vs goes to the movies and people would have no idea what they are talking about.
A reference like CosmoNut gave would be fine; and if the viewer doesn't know what that is in reference to, as long as Coulson's second life isn't critical to the story, the viewer could just go on enjoying the rest of the movie.

It's like a reverse of what we saw in the Season 3 Finale, with Coulson saying, "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." Those who have seen Star Wars: Episode IV (the original Star Wars movie) or certain excerpts from it know what that is about; others will be puzzled briefly, not knowing that this is a dead giveaway of the hologram, but even that clue isn't needed before Coulson finishes the quote.

It's not like we are saying you have to know the pop songs of the 60s to get the movie, or have to be somewhat familiar with the routines of The Three Stooges, like would have helped in the Short Circuit movies.
ambesolman likes this.

My very humble setup:
Spoiler!
post #2952 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Man, you went WAY back for that reference! I loved some Three Stooges, Short Circuit no so much...

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
post #2953 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
The show and Captain America 2 were tied together when the original Shield fell. Crossover can be done.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #2954 of 2960 Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
"Ward" never dies...

If they can come up with a way no matter how unrealistic and stupid it may be to bring back Ward in some form they will.

I would take Chloe in every other scene any day over Brett..........and so would the wife and daughter LOL.
Of course Ward never dies, he's AOS's version of Tom from The Blacklist
John dhein likes this.

"If you build it they will come.." Ok, what is this "It" you speak of and who, are they???! Do I want to know?...
post #2955 of 2960 Old 05-22-2016, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 802
When they were being chased by the halflings, why were they so afraid when they have a speedster and Lincoln could burn a hole right through them? Mack killed a few point blank but then they are suddenly terrified and the super mutants do nothing?

post #2956 of 2960 Old 05-23-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Of course Ward never dies, he's AOS's version of Tom from The Blacklist
Oh please dear lord, let this be the last we see of Ward. I'm so tired of that actor's mugging to camera. It's time for a new villain. Move on already.
post #2957 of 2960 Old 05-23-2016, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 2415
So Lincoln was the team member that bit it. I called that sucker!
post #2958 of 2960 Old 05-23-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Is there a way time watch season 3? I just binged watch 1 & 2 in a week but season 3 doesn't come out for 3 weeks and i kinda wanna know what happens. I have Fios but only one episode is on there for on demand

tv: Samsung 55HU8550
avr: Pioneer VSX 824
subs: Polk PSW108, Definitive Technology Pro-sub 800
l/r: Klipsch R28Fs, c: Infinity Beta C360 rear: cheapo Sharps
post #2959 of 2960 Old 05-23-2016, 09:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3863 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5l View Post
Is there a way time watch season 3? I just binged watch 1 & 2 in a week but season 3 doesn't come out for 3 weeks and i kinda wanna know what happens. I have Fios but only one episode is on there for on demand
You could always purchase Season 3 from Amazon, Vudu, Xbox, Playstation etc. and watch it right away.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #2960 of 2960 Old 05-24-2016, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17

If you have Netflix you could wait for June16

http://www.cnet.com/news/netpicks-ev...for-june-2016/
aaronwt likes this.
post #2961 of 2960 Old 05-24-2016, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
Isn't it obvious there's going to be a Ward LMD next season?
My thoughts exactly when I saw that final scene. I just can't take that guy any longer. If this is true, I think I will finally give up on the show.

For those talking about Daisy. I feel that the show really revolves around her (and Coulson). I do wish it would branch off in other directions, but I don't think that is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page