Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 05-21-2013, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 71

About the show:
Emmy nominee Anne Heche ("Hung") stars as Beth Harper in NBC's new comedy about a not-so-ordinary Midwestern family. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth - an absentee wife and mother - is revived and claims she can now talk to God. Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport, "Shameless"), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes, "Final Destination 2"), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom's ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge, "American Horror Story"), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper's front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people she has alienated over the years, including friends and neighbors Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns, "Bored to Death") and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"). Despite everyone's initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism and unbridled love.

"Save Me" is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Original Film. Novelist John Scott Shepherd ("Henry's List of Wrongs," "The Days") created the show and serves as executive producer, along with director Scott Winant ("Breaking Bad," "True Blood"). Additional executive producers include Neal H. Moritz ("The Big C," "Prison Break"), Vivian Cannon ("The Big C"), Alexa Junge ("United States of Tara") and Darlene Hunt ("The Big C"), who also serves as showrunner.

For more information about the show you can visit the official website below:
http://www.nbc.com/save-me/

Or the IMDB.com link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245117/

You can watch 'Save Me' on NBC Thursdays starting on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM CST.

I love me some Ann Heche, nice to see her back in a TV roll again. The last roll I remember her in was on HBO's Hung when she played Jessica Haxon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 75
It starts tonight, stay tunned (since there's nothing else on TV but Hannibal I'll take a look)

She still looks nice at 44 IMO.. I haven't seen her since way back in Nip Tuck (I didn't watch Hung or Men in Trees)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #3 of 12 Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Thanks for the tip, I'll set it up to record. For whatever reason my Tivo's pilot wishlist didn't pick it up(probably because it didn't say pilot in the description and it has no episode numbers listed).
post #4 of 12 Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not my type of programming. Although, Anne is smoking biggrin.gif

Starts too early for my liking as well. Can't complain as I have a DVR though.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169

I'm not a 30 minute (21? via DVR) sitcom fan but I thought this had some potential. It could go either way... hopefully not the Cougar Town way. They tried to make it somewhat edgy which helped. Such as when they pixelated the image a couple of times and threw in a censor for good measure. Based on the show's pedigree I'll keep watching... for now.

post #6 of 12 Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Same here, I wasn't blown away but I didn't dislike it either, I've setup a season pass and will watch em' right away to see how it's progressing.
Personally I liked Cougar Town but lost it when it went to TBS, I also like 1/2 hr comedy s as they work nicely when I don't have enough time to watch a 1hr program that the majority of my programming is.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-31-2013, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Well after this weeks 2 episodes I'm out.
While I like the lead actress(Anne Heche) I just don't see it going anywhere and don't particularly care for many of the supporting cast.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-31-2013, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I think both her husband and daughter were settled in a little better this week. Story wise they headed straight to the typical sitcom avenue and lost whatever edge they had last week. So much so I could see it playing on the Disney channel... For me the highlight was the pinball machine. I go way back with them.

Last week's ratings were so low it will probably be cancelled before I cancel my series recording.

post #9 of 12 Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Has this been cancelled or something? I've read NBC ordered 13 episodes but the final episode (that aired) was episode number 7 dated June 13, 2013 and titled "Holier Than Thou."
Maybe it's taking a hiatus break or something?
post #10 of 12 Old 07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Has this been cancelled or something? I've read NBC ordered 13 episodes but the final episode (that aired) was episode number 7 dated June 13, 2013 and titled "Holier Than Thou."
Maybe it's taking a hiatus break or something?

It's been canceled.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ending-cancelled-tv-shows-2012-2013-24110/
post #11 of 12 Old 07-13-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

If I remember correctly it was green lighted a long time ago and they produced x number of episodes. Of which NBC shelved at the time only to burn through them when they had nothing else to air and no one was watching TV.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

It's been canceled.

Figured. Show did not have anything going for it except the lead which is a pretty female. People are attracted to a female, but if the show overall is bad it gets canned.
Wasn't interested in it anyway. Thanks for the reply, domino92024.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page