Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-31-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi all,

We are trying to rebuild our commitments with Dish Network. Been a member since years, and in recent years we are paying almost 250 dollars per month for various add on channels + Everything pack.

The wife wants to bring it down to 100 or 120 max (incl taxes).

Hence need your advice on choosing whats the best value for money vs content. We are not much into sports action.
Mainly Movies, documentary based channels i.e. history, h2, discovery, animal planet. etc. New channels, Christian worship channels, prefer HD Content.
In addittion, i would like to add a 25 dollar International package.

Please guide. Whats the most preferred choosen package by you members. We are based in Illinois.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

any responses will help.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 430
I'm sorry, but I think you've set an impossible goal. To save that kind of money you have to give up something. You still want everything.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I'm sorry, but I think you've set an impossible goal. To save that kind of money you have to give up something. You still want everything.

I understand, and i dont really want everything that was included in the america everything pack. All i wanted to know what out of the four major packages that dish offers which one is the most sought out package by the members in here, or can suffice a little bit of my requirements.
Currently dish offers...
America's top 120, America's top 120 plus, America's top 200 and America's top 250
post #5 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm still confused as to whether Dish will give me better HD channels than what I get on cable. Decisions, decisions...
post #6 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

I understand, and i dont really want everything that was included in the america everything pack. All i wanted to know what out of the four major packages that dish offers which one is the most sought out package by the members in here, or can suffice a little bit of my requirements.
Currently dish offers...
America's top 120, America's top 120 plus, America's top 200 and America's top 250
When I had Dish, I found the AT120 was pretty paltry, AT250 had a bunch of stuff I never watched, but AT200 was just right. The way I decide was to download the lineup PDFs from Dish, make a spreadsheet with all 3 packages in different columns. Highlight all my must haves, then pick the package that has all my must haves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVWatcher2 View Post

I'm still confused as to whether Dish will give me better HD channels than what I get on cable. Decisions, decisions...
In my market, cable beats both Dish and DirecTV on price and HD channels (both quality and quantity), so that's what I have now. DirecTV used to be the HD king, then Dish, now cable (not counting sports). I follow the HD. Plus since I bring my own DVR and boxes to the party, my monthly equipment charges for 6 rooms is a grand total of $2, versus about $55 for either satellite service. So if you want to save money, cable is definitely the way to go, in my area at least.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

When I had Dish, I found the AT120 was pretty paltry, AT250 had a bunch of stuff I never watched, but AT200 was just right. The way I decide was to download the lineup PDFs from Dish, make a spreadsheet with all 3 packages in different columns. Highlight all my must haves, then pick the package that has all my must haves.
In my market, cable beats both Dish and DirecTV on price and HD channels (both quality and quantity), so that's what I have now.

That was of help... i settled with America's top 250 for 75 dollars, plus 30 dollars for addtl packages.. all totalled to 115 incl taxes.
Top 250 has everything that you could ever want. Most of the premium movie channels are a waste.. as they keep telecasting the same movie over a dozen times a week.
Netfilx suffices my need for premium movie channels.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Hi all,

We are trying to rebuild our commitments with Dish Network. Been a member since years, and in recent years we are paying almost 250 dollars per month for various add on channels + Everything pack.

The wife wants to bring it down to 100 or 120 max (incl taxes).

Hence need your advice on choosing whats the best value for money vs content. We are not much into sports action.
Mainly Movies, documentary based channels i.e. history, h2, discovery, animal planet. etc. New channels, Christian worship channels, prefer HD Content.
In addittion, i would like to add a 25 dollar International package.

Please guide. Whats the most preferred choosen package by you members. We are based in Illinois.

I first want to start off by saying Thank You for your years with DISH! I understand you want to lower your bill and I am happy to help you today! Would you please PM me for further assistance?
Thanks
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page