MasterChef on FOX - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

Old 08-13-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 400
I'm thinking he will. Cutter has just gotten lucky the last couple of challenges and I don't see him going all the way to the end. I was sorry to see Ahran go, as I thought she might be at the end also but those prawns got her.

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Leslie, Elizabeth and Courtney should be in the final 3. But it all depends on who the judges would like to represent the show.

Elizabeth is the safe choice but she lacks characters.

Courtney and Leslie both rub people the wrong way. But let's say if they winner will be on the next Masterchef cruise, which one Courtney or Leslie, will draw more people to the cruise? That'll be the winner.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:24 PM

Leslie was one sly fox to pair up with Elizabeth tonight. But that's what it takes to win a competition.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I really wish I could have seen Cutter try to make that souffle.

LOL.

The previews seemed to indicate the take-turns 'teams' next week.
Aren't there 7 people left?

Quit failing to flip the switch
Old 08-19-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep, down to seven and next week it looks like musical chairs for cooking. Should be fun to watch .

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
Old 08-20-2014, 07:26 AM

I think next week the first part will be the mystery box challenge and one winner goes upstairs leaving 6 for the tag team.

I think I saw, Leslie, Jamie, Elizabeth, Christian, Cutter and Big Willie in the tag team challenge from the preview. Does it mean Courtney is going to win the mystery box and name the teams?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe. I am still surprised that Cutter is still in the game though. That boy has been on a lucky streak.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Yeah Cutter even with his frown upon "fork technique" for the raviolis.. Screamed "YES" when I saw Cutter screw up the poached egg, but sad when he won the next one..

They almost send Jaimee home, I think Daniel forgot he put parmesan and added more salt to it.

IDK Jaimee looked delicious I wanted a bite..

I couldn't stop looking at those Courtney legs up there in the balcony, the judges had a better view though.. mmm
Nayan likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
I couldn't stop looking at those Courtney legs up there in the balcony, the judges had a better view though.. mmm
I don't know why Courtney keeps reminding people that she danced at a strip club before. I admire her honesty but find it little strange.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

IDK Jaimee looked delicious I wanted a bite..

To each his own.

But, seriously, does Jaimee have a speech impediment or hearing issue? Was it mentioned before? I didn't watch the first episodes.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
To each his own.

But, seriously, does Jaimee have a speech impediment or hearing issue? Was it mentioned before? I didn't watch the first episodes.
From her FB page:

Hi friends! Before tonight's episode I want to clear the air. I've had a lot of people ask about my voice issue and awkward movements. It just so happens that I am a healthy young lady who was recently diagnosed with dystonia, a neurological disorder. It breaks in to two types. I have spasmodic dysphonia which causes my voice to break, sound weak, and even be painful to speak. The other one is still to be determined, but is the culprit to my constant muscle contractions, achy joints, and clumsiness! GOOD NEWS though! Treatment is underway, and it looks promising

Old 08-20-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
To each his own.

Once again my big clumsy fingers failed me I forgot the 's I meant Jaimee's LOL

But on that matter I like Elizabeth

Old 08-20-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
From her FB page:

Hi friends! Before tonight's episode I want to clear the air. I've had a lot of people ask about my voice issue and awkward movements. It just so happens that I am a healthy young lady who was recently diagnosed with dystonia, a neurological disorder. It breaks in to two types. I have spasmodic dysphonia which causes my voice to break, sound weak, and even be painful to speak. The other one is still to be determined, but is the culprit to my constant muscle contractions, achy joints, and clumsiness! GOOD NEWS though! Treatment is underway, and it looks promising
I hope the treatments help. She's an extremely talented cook and one of my favorites this season.
Nayan likes this.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah "clumsieness" could sent her home, what if she drops a plate while running to place it to the judges? BTW this has never happened right? someone losing the dish on the floor? specially people wearing high heels and flip-flops
Nayan likes this.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 AM

Cutter survived another week to create more drama with Leslie next week. Someone please tell me this show is not scripted.

And from the preview of the verbal spat and disfunctionality between Cutter and Leslie next week, this team is likely the winning team. It means Cutter will likely survive another week and either Christian, Courtney or Jamie will go next week. Hell will freeze over if the judges let Courtney go so it'll be either be Jamie or Christian that'll go next week.

Last edited by darklord700; 08-26-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

My son and I were saying last night "Finally! Cutter is going to go!". Sadly no such luck . At this rate I will be surprised if he's NOT in the final .

Old 08-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
From her FB page:

Same affliction Public Radio host Diane Rehm suffers from.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

When they announced the 2 worst teams, I was pretty sure they will take Cutter out... no such luck, but Willie was as bad, maybe not as bad as Cutter.

Really disappointed on Elizabeth's performance, Christian's also..

Man "Legs" keeps winning and winning, those loose dresses are on purpose up there in the balcony, but the camera didn't show much.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 26
This show has nothing to do about cooking. Also looks like some of the poster's are on to it, and all anyone talks about is personalities.

These are just my opinions.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
I still like watching it.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post
Same affliction Public Radio host Diane Rehm suffers from.
Thanks for posting that. I always wondered what caused her voice to sound that way. I'm truly impressed that she hasn't let it stand in the way of her career.
Nayan likes this.

Last edited by tomhunter8; 08-27-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
Thanks for posting that. I always wondered what caused her voice to sound that way. I'm truly impressed that she hasn't let it stand in the way of her career.
Yeah, although I must admit, and I only say this in the warmest way and with nothing but respect and admiration, the strangest hour of radio I've listened to in my life was when Fred Rogers a.k.a. Mr. Rogers appeared as a guest on her show. Hard to fully describe the effect of their combined vocalization styles and pacing. Kind of hallucinogenic after awhile.
tomhunter8 likes this.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 PM

Since Big Willy's gone now, I hope he'll lose the "Big" part of his moniker. Carrying his weight at only 25 will cause health issues down the road.
Nayan likes this.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Since Big Willy's gone now, I hope he'll lose the "Big" part of his moniker. Carrying his weight at only 25 will cause health issues down the road.
I hope so too. Having BTDT myself I know the weight struggle well and all of the ill-effects that go with it.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Will any of the lingering few (none of which really impress me this year) get the offer of
an internship/whatnot from Gordon or Graham this year?

Quit failing to flip the switch
Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 PM

The preview gave away the result of tonight's restaurant takeover. The team that's appearing in limbo almost always wins in the end. That means, yes, Cutter survived another week.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OggideM View Post
Will any of the lingering few (none of which really impress me this year) get the offer of
an internship/whatnot from Gordon or Graham this year?
Yup, Jaimee was offered a job in any of Gordon's NY restaurants...

Man they just can't get rid of Cutter!, next week it seems nobody is immune from elimination (it's about time), I think the mystery box winner will have an advantage, perhaps choosing which organ he/she cooks

Old 09-02-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I hated to see Jaimee go. Unfortunately, the way this show is setup using team challenges, lesser cooks (Cutter) are allowed to hang around longer than better ones. I bet Cutter wouldn't be top 5 on Hell's Kitchen, yet here he is in the top 5 of Masterchef. SMH
Nayan likes this.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Cutter has been very lucky lately and I am surprised he's still there. Please let next week be his downfall!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
I hated to see Jaimee go. Unfortunately, the way this show is setup using team challenges, lesser cooks (Cutter) are allowed to hang around longer than better ones. I bet Cutter wouldn't be top 5 on Hell's Kitchen, yet here he is in the top 5 of Masterchef. SMH
Isn't Hell's Kicthen professionals? With the contestants being in the food industry. While Master Chef has amateur cooks? So you can't really compare Cutter to being in Hell's Kitchen. Which I see starts up again next week with a two hour premiere.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement