Continuum on SYFY - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 730 Old 07-11-2014, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
He did die, but he got better - Lorien brought him back.
Did I miss something major? Who or what is Lorien? If you're talking about the technology that the Freelancers use to bring people back from the dead, why would they go out of their way to bring Dillon back to life? He's not involved in time travel and thus not important to their cause, and most of them are dead, anyway, so I'm not sure when they found the time to collect his charred remains and magic him back to life...
Aleron Ives is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 730 Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Did I miss something major? Who or what is Lorien? If you're talking about the technology that the Freelancers use to bring people back from the dead, why would they go out of their way to bring Dillon back to life? He's not involved in time travel and thus not important to their cause, and most of them are dead, anyway, so I'm not sure when they found the time to collect his charred remains and magic him back to life...
lokar made a Babylon 5 reference, and nottenst responded to his comment. They were NOT talking about Continuum, but a major plot point involving Sheridan and Lorien in Babylon 5.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #723 of 730 Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Thanks. It sounded like he had an explanation for Dillon's ridiculous survival. I guess I'll have to keep wondering about that.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #724 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
nottenst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Thanks. It sounded like he had an explanation for Dillon's ridiculous survival. I guess I'll have to keep wondering about that.
Yes, Dillon surviving seems quite hard to believe, but we'll have to wait and see about that.
nottenst is offline  
post #725 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rebkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
Yes, Dillon surviving seems quite hard to believe, but we'll have to wait and see about that.
Maybe the writers will just decide to let him die with all the negative feedback on the net about that particular incident, if he survived I want Sonya back too. LOL
rebkell is online now  
post #726 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Once again, given the ability to go back in time, Sonya is easy brought back by the same method that Alex got his dead GF back. Nobody is really ever killed given this open ended time travel paradigm that the writers postulated. Expect...anything!
philw1776 is offline  
post #727 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rebkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Once again, given the ability to go back in time, Sonya is easy brought back by the same method that Alex got his dead GF back. Nobody is really ever killed given this open ended time travel paradigm that the writers postulated. Expect...anything!
I guess our biggest concern is making sure the series is renewed.
rebkell is online now  
post #728 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 4,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
I guess our biggest concern is making sure the series is renewed.
If Syfy doesn't renew then Netflix maybe pick it up. In fact I think the reason why it's on Netflix so soon is because they helped finance it as they did season 2 in return for rights. I think folks have mentioned it is highly rated in Canada so Showcase may have already renewed.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #729 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,746
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Siffy can't renew it without Showcase's approval. They can only decide to carry it if Showcase requests another season. The fact that there still hasn't been any announcement is a bad sign, I would think.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #730 of 730 Old 07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomhunter8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
I guess our biggest concern is making sure the series is renewed.
If they don't renew it someone can go back in time and get it renewed in an alternate timeline.
Garrett Adams and gprace like this.
tomhunter8 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off