Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

Old 09-14-2015, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Kiera coming "clean" to those future soldiers wouldn't be of value... Brad was sent back to kill her as they believe she was part of the problem that led to their bad timeline. She's the enemy from their perspective, and technically they are kind of right since Kiera being in the past is a part of why that future exists at all.

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Kiera coming "clean" to those future soldiers wouldn't be of value... Brad was sent back to kill her as they believe she was part of the problem that led to their bad timeline. She's the enemy from their perspective, and technically they are kind of right since Kiera being in the past is a part of why that future exists at all.
It was Alec going back that set the whole thing in motion.
I believe that Brad's future is caused by Kellog taking over for Alec.
Kiera got sent back because of the Freelancers who told her to pick the correct Alec.
Kiera is only part of the problem because she can't see the consequences of what she does (time blindness?).
She doesn't want Brad's future to happen and the whole swapping Alecs was intended to stop that. Brad thought it would work.
If she can work as a team with Brad, why can't she work with Brad's team?

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
She has a trust issue right now.
All things considered, can't say I blame her.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
She has a trust issue right now.
All things considered, can't say I blame her.
I don't know if she has a trust issue. She trusts (and loves) a guy who killed her.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
She trusts (and loves) a guy who killed her.
A common female trait...
Old 09-15-2015, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
It was Alec going back that set the whole thing in motion.
I believe that Brad's future is caused by Kellog taking over for Alec.
Kiera got sent back because of the Freelancers who told her to pick the correct Alec.
Kiera is only part of the problem because she can't see the consequences of what she does (time blindness?).
She doesn't want Brad's future to happen and the whole swapping Alecs was intended to stop that. Brad thought it would work.
Except of course that Kiera and Liber8 being there in the first place is what set off all that other stuff you recapped. The dudes from Brad's timeline don't know all that backstory, so Kiera is not high on their list. Plus, keep in mind that Brad isn't even "in" with his old team right now... they aren't telling him the whole mission, in part because he didn't fulfill his task to kill Kiera... so they aren't likely to trust anything either of them says right now.

There's just not a reason to assume Kiera (from her point of view) could make them understand. She herself only came to the understanding after 3 seasons... and her and Liber8 jointly came to the conclusion after all they had been through. Brad went through some of that too, first-hand, which is why he gets it... but his team isn't going to be around long enough to come to that realization... not with 5 episodes left.

They have a lot to wind up, and introducing a bunch of people from another timeline this late in the game means they probably won't be brought into the fold until the last minute IF at all.

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:

They have a lot to wind up, and introducing a bunch of people from another timeline this late in the game means they probably won't be brought into the fold until the last minute IF at all.
5 episodes (well written) should do the trick, but your point is well taken...a lot is going on.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Except of course that Kiera and Liber8 being there in the first place is what set off all that other stuff you recapped. The dudes from Brad's timeline don't know all that backstory, so Kiera is not high on their list. Plus, keep in mind that Brad isn't even "in" with his old team right now... they aren't telling him the whole mission, in part because he didn't fulfill his task to kill Kiera... so they aren't likely to trust anything either of them says right now.

There's just not a reason to assume Kiera (from her point of view) could make them understand. She herself only came to the understanding after 3 seasons... and her and Liber8 jointly came to the conclusion after all they had been through. Brad went through some of that too, first-hand, which is why he gets it... but his team isn't going to be around long enough to come to that realization... not with 5 episodes left.

And Kiera and Liber8 were there because of Alec (future old man Alec). I do have a feeling that they all have to work together and that would start with old guy Kellog. Interested to see what message he has for current Kellog.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 847
I'll admit I'm just going with the flow, and not worrying about timeline anomalies.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I'll admit I'm just going with the flow, and not worrying about timeline anomalies.
Me too.
It's a pretty elaborate plot right now.
ltownsend likes this.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Are those glasses that Jason is wearing still the spy glasses that Kellog gave him last season? The ones that feed information to Kellog all the time? Or did they forget about that?
Old 09-20-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
Are those glasses that Jason is wearing still the spy glasses that Kellog gave him last season? The ones that feed information to Kellog all the time? Or did they forget about that?
NICE catch.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Well VUDU, Syfy or Showcase is being a little slow at getting episodes up again! Sunday and Friday's is still not available on VUDU. This has happened before and don't know what the problem is.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3218 Post(s)
Liked: 2899
This show continues to excel at action scenes. The twin battles going on simultaneously between Emily and her captors and between Carlos and Travis were exceptionally well choreographed and edited.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 661
The squeaky wheel gets the oil and I emailed VUDU that episode 2 still wasn't available yesterday. They emailed back the studio hadn't released it to them yet. Hmm, in about an hour it was available. More likely someone forgot to post it.

However I'm beginning to think that I should have saved the money and waited until December when the season will probably be on Netflix. I was unimpressed with the second episode too.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
This show continues to excel at action scenes. The twin battles going on simultaneously between Emily and her captors and between Carlos and Travis were exceptionally well choreographed and edited.
Agreed. And those fights are brutal. Definitely not stylish.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Someone should a write campaign, now, to keep this show going. Infinite timelines-Infinite possibilities.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post
Someone should a write campaign, now, to keep this show going. Infinite timelines-Infinite possibilities.
Ehh, I think it is time to end it. It kind of became a confusing mess. The scene last year when Liber8 and Kiera are fighting and then realize that their fight is pointless because everything has changed. Looks like they are trying to get back to the orignal idea of just getting Kiera home, even though as they say everything now should be changed because of all the time travel stuff. The best I can tell is now they have to end Kellog's terrible future and try to put back as much of the Sadler and Thesus one back on track as they can.

DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. I AM NEVER WONG.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post
Someone already did - it just hasn't happened yet in our timeline...
JimP and ltownsend like this.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
Old 09-25-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've enjoyed it, but it probably is time to call it a day. Time travel plots tend to get more convoluted as they go along, and this show is no exception. Can't tell who's on whose side anymore or which reality is "real" without a scorecard.
oink likes this.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Three more to go, no telling how they are gonna end this thing. New bad a$$ Kellogg protector tonight.

Spoiler!
Old 09-26-2015, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Three more to go, no telling how they are gonna end this thing. New bad a$$ Kellogg protector tonight.

Spoiler!
It was bound to happen....with so many characters in play it is inevitable.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Hey, was there a new ep this past Friday (10/2)? If so, my DVR didn't pick it up and there's been no chatter here in the thread.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey, was there a new ep this past Friday (10/2)? If so, my DVR didn't pick it up and there's been no chatter here in the thread.
Yes, "Zero Hour" , only two shows remaining and I don't see any repeats of 'Zero Hour' in the guide.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Oh crap. My DVR is dropping scheduled shows now. It's an Arris Moxi whole-house system through a small, local cable company here in upstate SC. Accepts expansion drives. I've got a 750 GB drive hooked up to the internal, which I'm assuming is 500 GB. So, 1.25 TB total. The software is programmed to give you alert messages when you reach 2/3 full, around 67%, I'm guessing. Says "x" show might not record if you record new show "y". It's as if it doesn't know there's an expansion drive and there's plenty of space to record new shows even though it sees both drives in terms of giving you an accurate percentage of the total space used. Evidently a bug in the Arris software.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Get a TiVO.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My dvr wasn't showing it because for some reason it didn't show up as a new show. But I looked at the show and saw it was the 4th of the season so manually added it. I probably should have mentioned it but thought it was just an anomaly on my end.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Yes, "Zero Hour" , only two shows remaining and I don't see any repeats of 'Zero Hour' in the guide.
You can usually catch the show online at Syfy.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
My dvr wasn't showing it because for some reason it didn't show up as a new show. But I looked at the show and saw it was the 4th of the season so manually added it. I probably should have mentioned it but thought it was just an anomaly on my end.
Huh. Maybe that's it. Hope so. Anybody else? Still, I'm getting those pesky warning messages saying I'm close to out of space when I actually have oodles. Have to pay more attention to see if anything else that's scheduled is getting dropped.

Quote:
You can usually catch the show online at Syfy.
Oh man, I hate to watch TV online. Buffering & stuttering issues, unskippable ads, etc. It sucks. But I guess I'll have to. Kiera is counting on me, dammit.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looking at my recording, it says first aired on 9/25/15 and recorded on 10/2 ... I think I have my series set to record both repeats/first run. I think the Canada showing is ahead of us and it's screwing up things, the real screw up is Syfy, I have had more recording hiccups on Syfy, than probably all the other stations combined.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 357
My recording of Continuum worked just fine on my Hopper from Dish... I record new only..

Bobby 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement