Continuum on SYFY - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #871 of 882 Old 10-19-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 403
I really think we are being set up for the series being picked up by Netflix or Hulu, or for a mini-series or a made-for-TV movie.

Kellogg could still affect the timeline from the past Alec sent him to. He could have something in his pocket like a cell phone, lighter, or laser pointer and convince the indigenous people of Vancouver he is some kind of god. He could then rally all the tribes in North America and tilt the balance of power against the incoming European colonists.

Future 2077 Alec or the Time Traveler/time cops would then be compelled to send Keira, Garza, and/or Carlos to restore the time line ... However, as much as they hate Kellog and his changing history by creating a North American empire of indigenous tribes, they also don't care for the original history of their genocide at the hands of Europeans. We will then see a lot of tension, infighting, double-crosses around that issue among the group of would-be timeline restorers.

Of course the primary purpose of such a storyline is to serve as a pretext to get Keira into a 17th-century corset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 882 Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Of course the primary purpose of such a storyline is to serve as a pretext to get Keira into a 17th-century corset.
Good plan, except I'd rather get her out of it...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #873 of 882 Old 10-19-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Good plan, except I'd rather get her out of it...
That's why Carlos would be sent back as well.
post #874 of 882 Old 10-19-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 772
It was a much better ending than I expected. Shame about Kira's loss of her family but she'll finish her life knowing that she had a key role in creating and enjoying this new beautiful world. Plus she would be the life of the party with her invisibility cloak.
post #875 of 882 Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3018 Post(s)
Liked: 2639
I enjoyed the finale. As usual, some kick-ass fight scenes. And they got to burn up the rest of their CGI budget with some cool time machine vfx. How 'bout the cop who got decapitated by the super-soldier-suit-gun in a spray of blood?

As to wrapping up the story, I agree with others that the whole Traveller storyline was so thin they might as well left it out. Didn't make a lot of sense anyways. Would have liked to have seen Julian & Emily one more time. Interesting that they brought Kagame back in the "good" future scene, and that he and Old Alec and Old Julian are all besties now (then?). I guess he was just sitting there waiting for Kiera to pop up. Very patient, very zen, very Kagame.

I guess "old" Kiera has to stay away from "new" Kiera because if they ever come in contact with each other, boom! There goes that universe! Maybe. Alec should have mentioned something about that during that final scene, I thought.

As to Kellog's "future", that was a pretty slick deus-ex-machina ending. Although it would have been cooler, as someone said, to have a big ol' dino pop up ready to munch him, and him wide-eyed as he realizes his fate. Maybe they ran out of vfx dollars and all they had left by then was some body paint and a couple of willing interns.

All-in-all, I enjoyed the series. Like 'Fringe', it was "the little sci-fi show that could". Nice they got to write a finale, even if it did seem a little rushed. My only complaint: too bad the costume designers couldn't have stuffed Rachel into some more revealing clothing. They missed a real opportunity for some gratuitous ratings points there. Might have bought them a few more episodes to write a better wrap-up.
post #876 of 882 Old 10-21-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Didn't like the last scene that Kiera went back and could not be with her son, was a let down for all she has done.

They never explained how Kellog could of killed his grandmother but still be alive, and they even reference it again, not much closure there.

Kellog should have been killed in the end, or went back even farther in time so no possible way he screws up or makes these new people worship him, etc. etc.

Absolutely no wrap up on the traveler and it was thrown in as a last thought like they realized, oh yeah he has to go back to - queue pop in and he is gone.

To many things were just thrown in, Julian commenting they were together now out of the blue but eluding to something may have happened to her.

With so many staying back how did they change things and not mess up anything else? What did they do to correct things, they just said, "they saw to that", how, what did they do?

It was like they just didn't have enough time. The season ending should have been in two parts instead of so rushed and so much time spent on the solder shooting people.

Last edited by WilliamR; 10-22-2015 at 04:09 AM.
post #877 of 882 Old 10-21-2015, 10:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Didn't like the last scene that Kiera went back and could not be with her daughter, was a let down for all she has done.
The kid had a sex change operation?

"You're Sherlock Holmes, wear the damn hat!" - Watson to Sherlock
Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - 1/01/16
Mr. Video
My Geek Images
post #878 of 882 Old 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Liked: 1211
Nope. Kiera just broke the timeline.
post #879 of 882 Old 10-22-2015, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Sorry, son.

post #880 of 882 Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3018 Post(s)
Liked: 2639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Sure. In that wonderful, peaceful, non-corporate-ruled utopia Vancouver that was created because Young Good Alec decided he wasn't going to become Old Bad Alec, all you need to change sexes is a little blue pill. Yeah, that changed too.
post #881 of 882 Old 10-22-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1501 Post(s)
Liked: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
all you need to change sexes is a little blue pill. Yeah, that changed too.
Suddenly, we've exposed an entirely new angle to The Matrix. "Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill," has a whole new meaning, now.
post #882 of 882 Old 12-05-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Sure did like the final episode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page