Forum Jump: 
 38Likes
post #361 of 760 Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Lillard was excellent in this episode. His scenes were effective and heavy and the stuff of meaningful drama.

Then he got kidnapped by Dr. Nefarious (who used his psychic powers once again to figure out were Frye was) and Frye was dragged to the railroad lines. I will be pissed if Lillard is killed off. It will be the second time one of the more interesting and promising characters has bit the dust this season, but his credit as "guest star" doesn't bode well for his longevity.

Solid performance from Diane Kruger this week too and Marco digging in the dirt was another good scene, but that performance felt like the actors trapped inside a Road Runner cartoon trying to make the most of it.

I was amusing myself trying to figure out how Tate got away from the crash in the middle of nowhere. He must have had the car stashed nearby for Sonya to see the plate, so did that mean he drove the car out there first and walked back for the Acme delivery truck or did he drive the truck out there first, walk back for his car, drive to the truck and then switch vehicles when Sonya was around the corner? Did Tate drive around just looking for a truck that was randomly left at the side of the road on a route that his psychic powers told him Sonya would take? It's like a riddle inside an enigma shrouded in mystery!

"Bye whore."
biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 760 Old 09-14-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I thought the license plate belonged to the truck, which was still drivable after the crash.

After Tate grabbed Frye, he switched to Frye's car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
post #363 of 760 Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post

Can't remember which way the ambulance that was blocked was going. Will re-watch the first episode when I get a chance.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The bodies were sawn up in Denmark, but transported in a car stolen from a Swedish journalist I think
Just looked at it and the ambulance was headed to Denmark from Sweden so it was on the southbound side of the bridge. The body was positioned with the upper torso in Sweden.
post #364 of 760 Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Just looked at it and the ambulance was headed to Denmark from Sweden so it was on the southbound side of the bridge. The body was positioned with the upper torso in Sweden.

OK, that data I have easy access to. Just that I have no clue where the border is. mad.gif

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #365 of 760 Old 09-14-2013, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
*** not reading ***

Still gotta catch up. Been enjoying the forums too much to watch the episode rolleyes.gif

Gotta watch this week's episode!
/drunk
post #366 of 760 Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I'm amazed that Charlotte shot Tim. She's becoming ruthless eek.gif
post #367 of 760 Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Wasn't that gut under ATF surveillance?

Looks like she'll have to use the tunnel now, since she didn't get any inheritance money.
post #368 of 760 Old 09-16-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
For those who like the original, just found subtitled teasers for Bron / Broen Series 2 which starts next Saturday (22nd).

http://eurodrama.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/tv-news-the-bridge-ii/

Think they capture Saga and Martin brilliantly - though also I don't think they give away too much from the Series 1 plot. (Be interesting to see if the US remake of Series 1 comes to the same conclusion)
post #369 of 760 Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post

For those who like the original, just found subtitled teasers for Bron / Broen Series 2 which starts next Saturday (22nd).

http://eurodrama.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/tv-news-the-bridge-ii/

Think they capture Saga and Martin brilliantly - though also I don't think they give away too much from the Series 1 plot. (Be interesting to see if the US remake of Series 1 comes to the same conclusion)
Thanks for this!

Teaser 3 captures Saga's personality perfectly! biggrin.gif
post #370 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Anyone remember the movie Seven? Don't worry if you forgot, you just saw the ending. Dragged out for thirty minutes. Gus was the head in a box, Sonya was Morgan Freeman and Marco was WRATH!! Almost.

The tunnel opening was great and Bichir gave a good perfomance (Kruger looked suitably haggard too) but as soon as Tate appeared he just sucked the air out of the show. As Marco said, "It was an accident!" which made the motive stretched to breaking point and beyond even more ridiculous. Even more so because the original socio-political motive could have been quite powerful, but in the end it was totally irrelevant. Everything Tate wanted to do could have been accomplished without the bisected bodies, convoluted bombs, fake manifesto and immigrant agenda. All the people Tate wanted revenge upon he could have just found personally and without such stupid theatrics or by building fake rooms with their own plumbing between kidnappings.

The show kind of forgot Marco had a wife and Gus had a mother this episode too.

post #371 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
That episode just did me in for this series. All the drawn out drama, the slow motion shots, were just too over the top.

I call it the Breaking Bad effect. I finding myself judging all these other shows against Breaking Bad and they just have no chance.
post #372 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I thought it was a lame episode. I understand them trying to be all dramatic. But some of it was pure nonsense. Tate runs all kinds of plumbing throughout the house and into the garage into the tank Gus was in? I could go on about other things, but you get the idea. I'll watch the last two episodes just to finish it out, but I won't be watching it next season.
post #373 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Yeah, I didn't expect Gustavo's demise at all, I thought the genius Sonya would rescue him on time, well, now what? Will the reporter recover? Will Marco ever see Sonya again, if so, how? maybe another case?

Strange that they didn't show or even mentioned Marco's wife, after all, her son died, shouldn't she be there? perhaps next week.

Also a big break for the ranch/tunnel thing, but wouldn't the authorities find the tunnel when they find all those dead bodies in there?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #374 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Strange that they didn't show or even mentioned Marco's wife, after all, her son died, shouldn't she be there? perhaps next week.

Marco's (estranged) wife is not Gus's mother. We have never seen his mother as far as I can remember. I don't know if she is even alive, or if they are just divorced. Gus seemed to indicate that Marco cheated on his first wife so that is why they are not together. Gus was very concerned that he would also be thrown out of the house when Marco got thrown out since he was not her son.
post #375 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh that explains why Marco said to his current wife he didn't cheat on her with Tate's wife, but Gus was over 21 and those events happened 15 years ago...

Well at least he was his step mother that raised him for 10+ years and maybe we'll see her and Gus' 2 half sisters in the funeral

post #376 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

Also a big break for the ranch/tunnel thing, but wouldn't the authorities find the tunnel when they find all those dead bodies in there?

Looks as if the show is going from "The Bridge" to "The Tunnel".
post #377 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Looks as if the show is going from "The Bridge" to "The Tunnel".
I thought the tunnel had more interesting storylines than the bridge this season. And what ever Linder is doing, also more interesting than the main story. If next season is yet another chase the nutcase killer down then I won't be back, but if it explores the far more interesting stories they've already initiated, then I'm in.
post #378 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder what the final 2 eps of the season will be about? they got the main guy, perhaps he gets the lethal injection and Marco watches him die?

Yeah I want to see the Linder storyline continue and what's going to happen to the Ranch/Tunnel

post #379 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I hate to agree with the last few posts, but I guess I do. Although, after forcing myself through the entire season of "The Following", and the unintentional comedy stylings of "Revolution, my expectations are at an all time low.

I still like this show, I just don't have the expectations I formed after watching the pre-season commercials, and the first few episodes.

I was glad they killed off Gus, at least they didn't go for the typical "saved just in the nick of time" ending.

As far as Tate, any expectations of an interesting and/or creative end story died in that bathroom in Juarez. Although he did show a genuine frustration of the U.S. drug appetite enabling the misery of victims of violence south of the border.

The other end of the tunnel is likely controlled by a cartel or other bad guy, so I don't expect the police to find those bodies. There was likely a shoot out with some rival.

Also, Tate isn't finished I bet. And there's still the Linder/Eva storyline to resolve.

post #380 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The tunnel entrance was a hidden door, plus there is no indication the police will discover the murder scene first. Even if they did they might not care if they are paid off.

post #381 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

I wonder what the final 2 eps of the season will be about? they got the main guy, perhaps he gets the lethal injection and Marco watches him die?

Yeah I want to see the Linder storyline continue and what's going to happen to the Ranch/Tunnel
Correct if I'm missing something but the "main guy" they got I don't think had anything to do with the prostitutes killed. There are more crimes to be solved.
post #382 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Correct if I'm missing something but the "main guy" they got I don't think had anything to do with the prostitutes killed. There are more crimes to be solved.

Outside of those killings we saw him commit, Tate was only responsible for the women on the bridge, poisoning the immigrants in the desert and murdering the original Hastings that he buried under the cabin.

The girls buried under pink crosses will be next season's mystery.

post #383 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Outside of those killings we saw him commit, Tate was only responsible for the women on the bridge, poisoning the immigrants in the desert and murdering the original Hastings that he buried under the cabin.

The Beast?
post #384 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Well Tate was responsible for half of the women of the bridge, the other one he stole her half from Juarez' morgue

Yeah "The Beast" could be the next season storyline

post #385 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

So to speak, the pink crosses are a symbol to create awareness of the problem and are usually placed in areas where they'll be seen by the public. While many of the crosses have been placed where some of their bodies have been found, they are typically not buried under the crosses themselves.

I do hope they tackle the subject, though being that these murders have yet to be solved, or even appear to be linked to one individual - it's seen more as a social issue where women are being killed by many people - I don't see how they could actually solve it, it would be rather pretentious on the showrunners part I think. I do see it being a running theme throughout the show though, there's a lot of ways they could go with that subject, the mention of "the Beast" being one of those.

That and the tunnel, and I wish they hadn't killed off Graciela(?) the female gang boss. Frankly, I found her and the rest of the secondary storyline cast to be more interesting than Tate and his machinations, he was just boringly familiar as a bad guy.
post #386 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Well the show doesn't have to solve all the murders, but they could solve the murder of one girl or a handful as part of a cold case. That way the subject is still brought to the fore and a crime story can be written around it.

There's still two episodes left this season so the events can be set in motion.

post #387 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Well the show doesn't have to solve all the murders, but they could solve the murder of one girl or a handful as part of a cold case. That way the subject is still brought to the fore and a crime story can be written around it.

There's still two episodes left this season so the events can be set in motion.
Yes, I agree, they can pick away at the subject by having their own "female killing" cases. There's so much material that can be drawn from in that area it would be a shame if they went with yet another nutcase revenge killer.
post #388 of 760 Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 175
At the beginning of the series Marco was the nice, good guy. Now he is the guy that, because he can't control his libido, caused everything to happen, including the murder of his own son. He went from being the most likable character to being the most flawed. An interesting twist that I think they did very well.
post #389 of 760 Old 09-20-2013, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

At the beginning of the series Marco was the nice, good guy. Now he is the guy that, because he can't control his libido, caused everything to happen, including the murder of his own son. He went from being the most likable character to being the most flawed. An interesting twist that I think they did very well.

Well I don't agree with that assessment! Marco cheated on his ex-wife. Technically, he cheated on his current wife, though it was only a one night stand (his wife actually retaliated with a full blown affair).

Tate is a psychopath and a mass murderer who blames everyone but himself for the events in his life. I've never understood the idea of blaming the other person rather than the spouse for an affair. It was Tate's' wife who married Tate, not Marco.

Tate's wife and kid were killed by the equivalent of a drunk driver. He killed at least 15 people in retaliation.

Even Frye is more flawed than Marco. He's an alcoholic/drug addict who cares only for himself. He even stated that in the second episode.

I would have liked to have seen more surprise connections to the case like the FBI guy and the hooker. I would have liked the killer to have actually had political motives. Maybe Marcos boss could have been dragged into it somehow. The killer could somehow be behind the tunnel.

Idk.

post #390 of 760 Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Interesting resolution.
In the original : Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The original series had the same resolution. The way that they handled Martin/Marco's son's death - where you saw him being found after seeing him trapped alive (walled in behind a partition behind a freezer in a garage ISTR) but didn't know whether he was alive or dead - was one of the truly shocking moments of the series. Very pleased the US version didn't "Hollywood-ise" the story and allow the son to survive
Reply HDTV Programming