post #511 of 584 Old 05-31-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I thought The Following was complete garbage, a waste of two very good talents in Bacon and Purefoy.

Was? As sad as it sounds, 'The Following' will return for a new season of mindless mayhem next year. Bacon and Purefoy are no doubt regretting this surprising straitjacket on their careers. But they're probably still cashing the checks. wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 584 Old 05-31-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Was? As sad as it sounds, 'The Following' will return for a new season of mindless mayhem next year. Bacon and Purefoy are no doubt regretting this surprising straitjacket on their careers. But they're probably still cashing the checks. wink.gif
Well, "was" as far as I'm concerned, I'll never view another episode of the show. smile.gif
post #513 of 584 Old 06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

That was the jarring thing about the first season. The show was so grimly realistic in setting up the area, and then having a nearly comic book villain? It didn't fit. Might as well had Godzilla show up and wreck the bridge. smile.gif

More like having Godzilla relieve himself on the bridge.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #514 of 584 Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I thought The Following was complete garbage, a waste of two very good talents in Bacon and Purefoy.

Every character with an IQ of 73 ... except, of course, the mastermind who clearly is somewhere around 273.

Hated it!
post #515 of 584 Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Season premier this Wednesday!
Keenan, Ph8te and UGAd13 like this.
post #516 of 584 Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
The season has a new big bad in the form of Franka Potente too. Who isn't a serial killer thankfully! It appears she just kills people in the usual horrible ways.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_brid...erview-2014-07

is ditching the serial killer story arc of Season 1 in its second season, which means the FX series will have new types of villains. The main one who is introduced in Season 2, episode 1 is Eleanor Nacht, a terrifying woman played to perfection by Franka Potente.

At an event promoting the Season 2 premiere of "The Bridge," Potente called the series "one of my top 3 experience I've worked on." (The other two are "Run Lola Run" and "The Princess and the Warrior," for the record.) She admits to Zap2it and a small group of reporters that her biggest concern with her story arc is that she won't be the main villain.

"I'm kind of nervous because we've never seen her do anything. So I'm like, 'God, don't flip a [U-turn] on me and have it be someone else,' because in my mind I'm the one doing all [the killing]," she says.

Little is known about Eleanor when she is introduced, and like all things on "The Bridge," learning her full history will take some time. But Potente teases of her character, a shunned Mennonite who is working for the cartel, that "Fausto promised her revenge for something in some sort of shape and form."

"She has a very self-confident way of going about things, and I think because she's not scared to die and she doesn't give a s*** about money, which is two very important things that manage living, that makes her pretty dangerous actually," Potente says.

Even with Season 2 going in a different direction from Season 1, Potente feels there's plenty for "The Bridge" fans to love about the upcoming season. "It's really getting more into the underbelly of every person. If you remember, we left off with Marco's son being killed," she says. "Everybody's pain and past, people are trying to close chapters and end things. It's really driven by that. It's much more personal."

Eleanor is a scary lady, but Potente says she isn't concerned about bringing the terrifying nature of her character home with her. "I come home after bloody machete stuff and I come home and there's a 3-year-old who says, 'Mommy, I want you to draw an octopus,'" she says. "That always prevails."

Potente adds of playing Eleanor, "You can't act like a bad person, but you can act someone who just listens and who just stares and someone who doesn't give a s*** about dying or money, but all that she wants is revenge. Who's crazy dark inside but very vulnerable, surprising herself. Those are the things that are fun."

Just because Eleanor is the villain of "The Bridge" Season 2 doesn't mean she needs to die at the end of it -- at least, she doesn't according to Potente. "I hope I don't die," Potente says. "I can keep doing this for years."

Last edited by VisionOn; 07-09-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #517 of 584 Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

"Run Lola Run"

Excellent addition to the cast.
JohnDG and tomhunter8 like this.
post #518 of 584 Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Found a piece today about The Bridge on the Grantland site. It was written by the always, to me at least, excellent Andy Greenwald. Greenwald likes the way the show has embraced its weirdness and now evinces signs of becoming something special. I hope so because I have admired the talent of its large ensemble cast.
post #519 of 584 Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Anybody that might happen to read this and recorded 'The Bridge' tonight it ran over 15 minutes, the Directv guide was wrong, the one on Comcast was correct. It looks like the only repeat is the immediate one following the show and one next Tuesday night at midnight. so if you have a chance you need to pad 30 minutes to the repeat showing on Directv. The combined showings will end up 30 minutes later than they are listed in the guide.

That's pitiful that Directv can't keep the guide data correct.
post #520 of 584 Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Eleanor(Franka Potente) is one cool customer, and spilling tea on her isn't a great idea. LOL
post #521 of 584 Old 07-09-2014, 11:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Anybody that might happen to read this and recorded 'The Bridge' tonight it ran over 15 minutes, the Directv guide was wrong, the one on Comcast was correct. It looks like the only repeat is the immediate one following the show and one next Tuesday night at midnight. so if you have a chance you need to pad 30 minutes to the repeat showing on Directv. The combined showings will end up 30 minutes later than they are listed in the guide.

That's odd, my HR24 recorded it correctly and I only padded it by 1 min when setting up the series recording.
post #522 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I know there's some animal sensitive people around, but I'm curious how Eleanor ended up all bloodied and had to shower naked in some open place and that guy ended up in the hybrid car with a dead dog..

Nice Kruger acting chops on this one... maybe is the Asperger's but sleeping with your sister killer's brother? that was certainly weird

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #523 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
That's odd, my HR24 recorded it correctly and I only padded it by 1 min when setting up the series recording.
That is odd, mine sure didn't, I was watching so it didn't bother me, I started about 20 minutes or so in, but my guide definitely listed it as 1 hour and the repeat that followed it as 1 hour. I don't know what the deal is.
post #524 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When I saw your post, I jumped a foot and took a look at whether my TiVo got it right. Fortunately, Tribune Media Services, which does the TiVo guide, did get it right so my recording runs 1 hour 15 minutes.
post #525 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
When I saw your post, I jumped a foot and took a look at whether my TiVo got it right. Fortunately, Tribune Media Services, which does the TiVo guide, did get it right so my recording runs 1 hour 15 minutes.
I don't know what the deal is, Keenan said his Directv guide was right, maybe the storms we had here earlier in the afternoon messed with my receiver while it was updating the guide or something, who knows.
post #526 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
I know there's some animal sensitive people around, but I'm curious how Eleanor ended up all bloodied and had to shower naked in some open place and that guy ended up in the hybrid car with a dead dog..

Nice Kruger acting chops on this one... maybe is the Asperger's but sleeping with your sister killer's brother? that was certainly weird
My memory is not the greatest, but I didn't think the dog was dead. The guy in the car was her henchman (I think). Also I think it was Eleanor at the top of the stairs when the lawyer came in. I assume she killed everyone in the house. Perhaps she feels some kind of remorse when she is the one doing the killing? Also, didn't the guy who answered the door at the house mention something about a dog?

And Sonya? Well, we already know she has issues about her sister, and wanting to get into her killers head any way she can.

I'll be watching it again tonight anyway, so I'll double check.
post #527 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 76
The dog didn't seem to be moving, much less barking (as it should), will have to re-watch and maybe slow mo that scene (wouldn't mind re-watching Sonya's sex scene either)...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #528 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
My memory is not the greatest, but I didn't think the dog was dead. The guy in the car was her henchman (I think). Also I think it was Eleanor at the top of the stairs when the lawyer came in. I assume she killed everyone in the house. Perhaps she feels some kind of remorse when she is the one doing the killing? Also, didn't the guy who answered the door at the house mention something about a dog?

And Sonya? Well, we already know she has issues about her sister, and wanting to get into her killers head any way she can.

I'll be watching it again tonight anyway, so I'll double check.
Hard to tell, but from the odd angle of the dog's head my guess is that it was dead.

The guy in the car does appear to be her henchmen.

And it is Eleanor on the balcony although it appears she is wearing the henchman's shirt.

The guy who answered the door didn't mention anything about a dog(he mentioned something to drink), I'm not sure how the dog fits in to the scenario.
post #529 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 52
It's great to have this show back. It seems that we may very well be in for a more refined season this time around.

One side note is that I found the ear cutting scene to be hilarious. I kind of feel bad for thinking that way, but it was such an over the top and absurd response to something so small.
post #530 of 584 Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 77
TV can be very educational. Now I know why I get looks from guys when I drive my Ford hybrid.
post #531 of 584 Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Looks like they are doing a different storyline from the original season 2 except for possibly Marco's story thread. I had trouble reimagining the original season 2 storyline in the US setting.
post #532 of 584 Old 07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Eleanor(Franka Potente) is one cool customer, and spilling tea on her isn't a great idea. LOL
Run Lola Run!
Brian Conrad likes this.
post #533 of 584 Old 07-11-2014, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
If I lived in El Paso I'd carry a device that would beep anytime I was within one mile of Franka Potents's character.
post #534 of 584 Old 07-12-2014, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Looks like they are doing a different storyline from the original season 2 except for possibly Marco's story thread. I had trouble reimagining the original season 2 storyline in the US setting.
Yea, it was apparent within the first 15 minutes Wednesday night that that ship (boat?) had sailed ().

Which was a good idea, really, IMO the European Season 2 main plotline wasn't all that special. Besides, the two versions had other differences, not the least among which was the fact that the original made much more of the Asperger's thingie than did the version on FX.
post #535 of 584 Old 07-12-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
It's great to have this show back. It seems that we may very well be in for a more refined season this time around.

One side note is that I found the ear cutting scene to be hilarious. I kind of feel bad for thinking that way, but it was such an over the top and absurd response to something so small.
I think that was done more for the bank managers benefit.

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!
post #536 of 584 Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I think that was done more for the bank managers benefit.
Yeah, I recall her saying as much to her (now dead) associate. It was still a laughably insane act as the manager seemed like he would have easily gotten the point without the ear cutting.

I saw the second episode courtesy Comcast On Demand, and her murderous thought process in general is more clearly illustrated.
post #537 of 584 Old 07-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 53
The best line in the show was don't call us we'll call you.

I just watched episode 1 for the third time and now understand the killing of the "henchman" he did not like the GREEN car, did not want to be gay, and failed to follow instructions.
post #538 of 584 Old 07-13-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
The best line in the show was don't call us we'll call you.

I just watched episode 1 for the third time and now understand the killing of the "henchman" he did not like the GREEN car, did not want to be gay, and failed to follow instructions.
Exactly, he sealed his fate when he chose to follow her over the border in the same line when he was instructed not to.
post #539 of 584 Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 53
As I think about the guy in the model home was the one that missed on the pick up date.

Sonya is the most understated hot chick on TV.
post #540 of 584 Old 07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I really liked this week's show, although I occassionally struggled to put some of what went on in context because of how much I have forgotten about last season. I liked the over the top, almost casual, violence. It reminded me of Banshee at its craziest. I think this season of The Bridge is going to be a lot of fun.

I knew that Franka Potente had more than her share of tattoos but when I saw the huge one on her back when she was washing herself in the car wash, I thought it was surely a fake. A little research, though, confirmed that the ink we saw on Potente in this week's show is real.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page