Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #571 of 760 Old 07-31-2014, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
What if this "thing" on the cage is the "beast" they are talking about before, perhaps the one that disappeared so many women in Juarez... are they going there and let it be an actual beast?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 760 Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
That is my thinking as well. He knows that Sonya is extremely fixated on the killing, and him being a part of her life will have her explore every possibility of him being involved. She likely requested the choking to get a better idea of what kind of person he is.
Perhaps he is the real killer and the brother just took the rap?
post #573 of 760 Old 07-31-2014, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
What if this "thing" on the cage is the "beast" they are talking about before, perhaps the one that disappeared so many women in Juarez... are they going there and let it be an actual beast?
I already deleted it ... were there 4 fingers and an opposing thumb?
post #574 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
All of the religious items probably made him feel like that he had committed a tremendous sin by executing that particular person, or something like that. It fits with the heavy religious tone of this season.

He freaked out when he saw the reflection of Jesus in the pool of blood. It was a "bad omen"
Really liking this season so far. Don't have any issue understanding Linder or anyone else. As for the "beast" we only saw 2 fingers I believe.
post #575 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Closed Captions make Linder's marble mouth mutterings manageable
post #576 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
For English not being my born language I understood Linder perfectly... perhaps because I live in El Paso?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #577 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

You have an advantage being a dog all humans sound the same to you?
Ph8te likes this.
post #578 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
For English not being my born language I understood Linder perfectly... perhaps because I live in El Paso?

Not from El Paso, but not sure why people have a hard time understanding him. Of course I listen with AVR on and quiet maybe that helps?
post #579 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
That is my thinking as well. He knows that Sonya is extremely fixated on the killing, and him being a part of her life will have her explore every possibility of him being involved. She likely requested the choking to get a better idea of what kind of person he is.
Also, when the brother had just died he was looking through some drawings when Sonya arrived at the infirmary and quickly put them away. When Sonya asked if the dead brother had left anything Jack downplayed it as if he had left nothing, "just some junk" I think he said. It seems pretty clear there's something in those drawings Jack wants to keep away from Sonya, and it's probably why he was even at his brother's deathbed in the first place. You do have to wonder who is really playing who in this relationship.
post #580 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Also, when the brother had just died he was looking through some drawings when Sonya arrived at the infirmary and quickly put them away. When Sonya asked if the dead brother had left anything Jack downplayed it as if he had left nothing, "just some junk" I think he said. It seems pretty clear there's something in those drawings Jack wants to keep away from Sonya, and it's probably why he was even at his brother's deathbed in the first place. You do have to wonder who is really playing who in this relationship.
That is my feeling as well. Although, if he really was the one who killed her sister, he's stupid to be spending so much intimate time with her.

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!
post #581 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
That is my feeling as well. Although, if he really was the one who killed her sister, he's stupid to be spending so much intimate time with her.

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!
Yes, what ever is happening it certainly seems like a complicated situation.
post #582 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, what ever is happening it certainly seems like a complicated situation.
What did he do when he snuck out of bed for just a few moments, it looked like he hid something??
post #583 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
What did he do when he snuck out of bed for just a few moments, it looked like he hid something??

Looked like? They clearly showed him looking at the pictures and taking one of them.

I think I may tend to agree with others regarding the brother. The picture he took may be a "trophy" of his killing as well as to hide his involvement.
post #584 of 760 Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
I thought it was a rather slow episode. I think one problem is there are too many characters in the show. I know they all tie together, but it strings things out a bit.
I was thinking that myself. The original season 2 had two main story lines. Must be to stretch things to the archaic 13 episode model.
post #585 of 760 Old 08-03-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
The Bridge is so complex, I realized about 10 minutes into this week's episode that I had missed some things along the line. I then retrieved this season's three previous episodes from my TiVo's Recently Deleted directory and rewatched them today. I'm glad I did.

Eleanor, the brilliant but psychopathic "shunned Mennonite," becomes more interesting all the time. Franka Potente is perfectly cast as Eleanor.

I agree that Jack, the brother of the guy who killed Sonya's sister, is at least dirty in some way and possibly may be the real killer of Sonya's sister. A couple of things convinced me. First, the strong foreshadowing provided by Hank when he told Jack he had to have something wrong with him because he was raised in the same environment as his killer brother. The capper to me, though, came when Jack stole one of his brother's drawings that were in Sonya's apartment while Sonya was asleep.

I think the Mexican who killed the tranny who was stabbed to death was a cutout. The American who the actual killer had contracted with was probably the cartel's middleman.

Linder and the preacher man who is sheltering Eva aren't gifted torturers, to say the least, as their captured Mexican cop called to their attention. They have been so ineffective at extracting useful information from their captive, I suspect they will have to kill him. Given what they have apparently learned from Eva about the rapist rat, though, he probably needs killing.
post #586 of 760 Old 08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
The Bridge is so complex, I realized about 10 minutes into this week's episode that I had missed some things along the line. I then retrieved this season's three previous episodes from my TiVo's Recently Deleted directory and rewatched them today. I'm glad I did.

Eleanor, the brilliant but psychopathic "shunned Mennonite," becomes more interesting all the time. Franka Potente is perfectly cast as Eleanor.

I agree that Jack, the brother of the guy who killed Sonya's sister, is at least dirty in some way and possibly may be the real killer of Sonya's sister. A couple of things convinced me. First, the strong foreshadowing provided by Hank when he told Jack he had to have something wrong with him because he was raised in the same environment as his killer brother. The capper to me, though, came when Jack stole one of his brother's drawings that were in Sonya's apartment while Sonya was asleep.

I think the Mexican who killed the tranny who was stabbed to death was a cutout. The American who the actual killer had contracted with was probably the cartel's middleman.

Linder and the preacher man who is sheltering Eva aren't gifted torturers, to say the least, as their captured Mexican cop called to their attention. They have been so ineffective at extracting useful information from their captive, I suspect they will have to kill him. Given what they have apparently learned from Eva about the rapist rat, though, he probably needs killing.
Clearly, he's a very bright guy, yet he takes the picture off Sonia's refrigerator? She is a detective and sure to notice. I deduce from this that he WANTS to be caught. It also explains why he keeps hanging around her. What I am not sure of is if he wants to be caught because he has remorse, or he's a really bad guy and wants to shove "it" in Sonia's face.

The Linder story is getting better all the time. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord ... somehow, I don't think he's gonna adhere to that tenet ....

Should be an interesting rest of the season.
post #587 of 760 Old 08-04-2014, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Perhaps the brother will eventuality attempt to kill Sonya.

This season is much more complex than last. The first season was straightforward, with a known threat to catch. Right now I don't know what ANYBODY is up to! All I can be sure of is that a lot of death is coming.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
post #588 of 760 Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Perhaps the brother will eventuality attempt to kill Sonya.

This season is much more complex than last. The first season was straightforward, with a known threat to catch. Right now I don't know what ANYBODY is up to! All I can be sure of is that a lot of death is coming.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
I deleted my season series recording after the last episode. The first season seemed to have a cohesive storyline and purpose., but this second season just seems to be going in all kinds of different directions. I could accept the disturbing violence in the first season because it was part of the storyline. However, I feel it's for nothing more than shock value in season two.
post #589 of 760 Old 08-04-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
I deleted my season series recording after the last episode. The first season seemed to have a cohesive storyline and purpose., but this second season just seems to be going in all kinds of different directions. I could accept the disturbing violence in the first season because it was part of the storyline. However, I feel it's for nothing more than shock value in season two.
This season is indeed scattershot, but I actually like it this way since it shows that all of these characters have their own compelling issues to deal with. There is enough development in each thread to maintain my full interest.

I took the liberty of watching this week's episode tonight via Comcast On Demand, and I'll just say that you will probably not be too fond of this one either.
post #590 of 760 Old 08-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm having trouble with this season, too. It's not like I favor cliche super-villain plots like season 1, but this season has very little in the way of linear story-telling that moves the characters from point A to point B.
post #591 of 760 Old 08-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Enjoyed it last year, but have fallen asleep this year trying to view it. With limited time it may be gone for me. Franka has hit the wall big time and after what she did to the young kid, yikes....
BTW: Diane Kruger is on with Craig Ferguson tonight, looks like a New Show...
post #592 of 760 Old 08-12-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Did anyone watch last week's episode? No comments in a week.

I finally did last night. All I can say is what a mess. There are way too many characters and way too many plots and subplots. I liked the first few episodes of this season. But they have gone from some sinister story lines to stories that are going nowhere and too many stories taking place at one time. Linder, the best character on the show last season, is hardly seen this season.
post #593 of 760 Old 08-12-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I finally did last night. All I can say is what a mess. There are way too many characters and way too many plots and subplots. I liked the first few episodes of this season. But they have gone from some sinister story lines to stories that are going nowhere and too many stories taking place at one time. Linder, the best character on the show last season, is hardly seen this season.

There are some major turning points in tomorrow's episode (which I saw last night), so I expect the rest of the season to be quite interesting. There is also more of the Linder brand of justice.
post #594 of 760 Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't see the too many story lines part. This is much easier to follow than Game of Thrones, but again I don't find that too hard to follow either. I think we may see a convergence of lines at some point. It all seems to be a "mess" but lots of things we are seeing are interconnected, it's just a matter of merging them.
post #595 of 760 Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't doubt most of the story lines will tie together. The Fausto guy is in the middle of at least 3 of them that we know of right now.
Ph8te likes this.
post #596 of 760 Old 08-13-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

For me, the most fascinating part about this show is the relationship between Marco and Fausto. What is particularly intriguing is the question of how heavily Marco can walk on eggshells before Fausto cuts off protection of him.

By the way, did anyone notice that the female guard who helped Marco gain access to Tate is played by Brenda Bakke? The actress played the hot vixen Michelle in the movie Hot Shots! Part Deux and Lana Turner in L.A. Confidential. I would not have known if it weren't for an article that I read.
post #597 of 760 Old 08-13-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Marco's predictable wimping out on the revenge killing was the writers missing out on a really edgy opportunity
post #598 of 760 Old 08-13-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Marco did make the right decision and it makes me view the character more as a sensible person in an insane environment. I as well would want my son's killer to suffer in a dark and dreary prison, sans an eyeball of course. Death is an easy way out for that kind of trash.
post #599 of 760 Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Marco did make the right decision and it makes me view the character more as a sensible person in an insane environment. I as well would want my son's killer to suffer in a dark and dreary prison, sans an eyeball of course. Death is an easy way out for that kind of trash.
I agree, and he also made two sensible decisions tonight in the motel room. For me, Marco's story is easily the most intriguing part of the show this season.
post #600 of 760 Old 08-14-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought last night's episode was a big improvement over the week before. I guess because we see some of the stories finally going somewhere.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page