post #661 of 690 Old 09-06-2014, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Who woulda thunk an actor (Ted Levine) as creepy as he was in The Silence of the Lambs would be such a affable character in The Bridge. That's character acting at its finest.
He was on Monk for years playing the same. Ted Levine was so creeped out playing Buffalo Bill that he said he would never play evil characters again. He didn't want his kids seeing him like that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 690 Old 09-06-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
He was on Monk for years playing the same. Ted Levine was so creeped out playing Buffalo Bill that he said he would never play evil characters again. He didn't want his kids seeing him like that.
the quintessentially creepy Jame Gumb was a monster for the ages. Thomas Harris is in a class by himself when it comes to creating disturbed and dangerous characters. I'm glad I don't have to live in his mind. I'm about convinced the characters Harris created disturbed him as much as Jame Gumb bothered Levine. Harris hasn't published anything new since 2006.
post #663 of 690 Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
-snip-

First off why was he digging the hole? He should have made Sonya do it. Second, why help her take a leak? She was going to die, he should have made her go in her pants. For a "demon" hitman he sure didn't have a grasp on evil, efficiency or cold-bloodedness.
For the same reason he shlepped her out to the desert in his van in the first place. He had to temporize until Marco could come and rescue her. I mean, it's like every other script: The actors just passing through get killed immediately but the ones with long-term contracts get the special "For no apparent reason, I'm going to do everything but kill you" treatment.
BoilerJim likes this.
post #664 of 690 Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post
For the same reason he shlepped her out to the desert in his van in the first place. He had to temporize until Marco could come and rescue her. I mean, it's like every other script: The actors just passing through get killed immediately but the ones with long-term contracts get the special "For no apparent reason, I'm going to do everything but kill you" treatment.
You are a bit more cynical about the murderous Chopper than I was. I thought he was a psychopath and sadist whose killing contracts allowed him to use killing to turn a profit. I can see, therefore, why he deferred killing the beautiful Sonya. I think he was looking forward to tracking her to where she had run in the desert, forcing her to walk back to the hole he had dug, and then making her do God only knows else before finally killing her and burying her body. But Marco put a hole in Chopper's plans by putting a hole in Chopper. I thought all of that worked in the context of the show. As wild and often over the top the violence has been on The Bridge. I have been enjoying it.
Ph8te likes this.
post #665 of 690 Old 09-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
You are a bit more cynical about the murderous Chopper than I was. I thought he was a psychopath and sadist whose killing contracts allowed him to use killing to turn a profit. I can see, therefore, why he deferred killing the beautiful Sonya. I think he was looking forward to tracking her to where she had run in the desert, forcing her to walk back to the hole he had dug, and then making her do God only knows else before finally killing her and burying her body. But Marco put a hole in Chopper's plans by putting a hole in Chopper. I thought all of that worked in the context of the show. As wild and often over the top the violence has been on The Bridge. I have been enjoying it.
OK, you're entitled to your opinion. We'll just agree to disagree, I've seen this kind of thing way too many times in other contexts; believing that it just so happened Chopper took enough time to enable Marco to save Sonya is hard for me. But, again, I see your point; I will say that, at the time, Chopper told Sonya he would make sure the animals didn't get her, so the deep grave fits from that perspective.
post #666 of 690 Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
You are a bit more cynical about the murderous Chopper than I was. I thought he was a psychopath and sadist whose killing contracts allowed him to use killing to turn a profit.
Hope he charged a lot, because based on the fact it would have taken an entire day to kill Sonya after digging the hole and then finding her again he's not going to get much killin done.

He needed to take a class from the dude who had the epiphany. That guy was getting things done.

post #667 of 690 Old 09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 77
We need to rate the killaz on the Bridge to see who gits 'er done the best.
Let's see we've got...

Hank who kills criminals making it look like self defense. He's also pretty good shooting Mexicans with automatic weapons too.

Marco, the cop killer and indirect murderer of a prisoner.

Steven Linder has killed a hit man after him and is seemingly just starting killin' Mexican cops.

Fausto...too many to count. Wins the numbers game.

The repentant hit man. Good with a knife and gun.

The ditch digging Choppah whose career has ended.

Just the top of the pile. So many to choose from. A target rich environment.

Last edited by philw1776; 09-10-2014 at 05:11 PM.
post #668 of 690 Old 09-10-2014, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
We need to rate the killaz on the Bridge to see who gits 'er done the best.
Let's see we've got...

Steven Linder has killed a hit man after him and is seemingly just starting killin' Mexican cops.
Linder is definitely a rising star. Killed a dude in his underwear with an iron. Kidnapped and tortured a crooked cop. And now Linder and Eva are becoming a sneaky vigilante duo.

post #669 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 02:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
wow this intro........

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #670 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Interesting episode. Anybody need a good deal on a new house? The carpet was just replaced.
post #671 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Yeah I live in El Paso and would love that house... although it seem all floors are ceramic tile, easy to clean up all the blood.

Thinks looking very grim for Hank and Eleanor, although the car crash was more damage to the front but Hank wasn't strapped and was very weak.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #672 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I'm confused as to the context of time between Elenore killing her companion with a pen, and the massacre at the house.

Then Elenore has a bit of blood on her at the mini mart, but later takes a shower in public at the car wash?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #673 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Eleanor's killing of her companion earlier in the season was apparently the reason for her showering at the car wash. The latest episode showed it as a flashback in the beginning in the same manner that the house massacre was shown as a flashforward in the first episode. In other words, the killing of her companion was well before the house massacre.

The flashforward in the first episode gets the audience interested in what was to come, and the flashback in the latest episode gives the audience further insight into the Eleanor character.

It was interesting to see David Wallace take a job as the go-to underground doctor for a criminal organization.
post #674 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 399
post #675 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
The flashforward in the first episode gets the audience interested in what was to come, and the flashback in the latest episode gives the audience further insight into the Eleanor character.
According to the interview with Alan Sepinwall, the showrunner did not know the circumstances of the massacre when it was shown in the first episode. That would explain the continuity errors between the first episode and this one. No severed hand and no shot of Nacht holding a machete at the top of the stairs.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...e-not-watching

Lots of other questions about this season answered in that interview too. Such as why Charlotte died, what happened to the original idea of investigating the missing girls and why Linder is still in the show.

Last edited by VisionOn; 09-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.
post #676 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I continue to really enjoy The Bridge this season. Between the deranged Eleanor and ruthless Fausto, it's impossible to predict where the next killing will come from.

I particularly enjoyed the scene between the CIA guy who had been advising Sebastian and his female boss. The harder she worked to establish dominance, the cooler he got. Finally, she gave the guy permission to proceed and left the cafe in a huff, trailed by her lackey. I got a kick out of that.

Eleanor's ledger is a MacGuffin for the ages. There are clearly things in it that mean far more to Eleanor that the record of her work for Fausto. I hope we find out more about that.
post #677 of 690 Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Eleanor's ledger is a MacGuffin for the ages. There are clearly things in it that mean far more to Eleanor that the record of her work for Fausto. I hope we find out more about that.
I'm thinking that the ledger is far too critical to the plot to let it fall into the hands of the cops. If it does then Fausto as a character is basically done and I don't see him leaving the show for a while yet.

I can imagine the ledger being found by Frye. Having all that information, but no official way to use it, makes him a target for future plots and a reason for him to stay on the show. Does he leak the information gradually or do he and Rios start trying to investigate all the angles in the book?

post #678 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I'm confused as to the context of time between Elenore killing her companion with a pen, and the massacre at the house.

Then Elenore has a bit of blood on her at the mini mart, but later takes a shower in public at the car wash?
The killing of her companion with the pen was a flashback. I presume it was to show how important her ledger is to her. That guy was looking at it, so she killed him. Fastfoward to the massacre, Hank had it, hid it, and she's keeping him alive long enough to find out where it is. I've been thinking this before, and now believe it after seeing the preview for next week's episode, that her ledger can put a lot of people away if it falls into the hands of the police.
post #679 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...e-not-watching

Lots of other questions about this season answered in that interview too. Such as why Charlotte died, what happened to the original idea of investigating the missing girls and why Linder is still in the show.
The reasoning for killing off Charlotte is sound and realistic, but I still would have loved to have her around and perhaps becoming a major player in a new cartel with the CIA partly pulling her strings for a main third season plot. Not so realistic, but it could have been interesting to me at least.
post #680 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I'm thinking that the ledger is far too critical to the plot to let it fall into the hands of the cops. If it does then Fausto as a character is basically done and I don't see him leaving the show for a while yet.

I can imagine the ledger being found by Frye. Having all that information, but no official way to use it, makes him a target for future plots and a reason for him to stay on the show. Does he leak the information gradually or do he and Rios start trying to investigate all the angles in the book?
I suspect that Eleanor will be finished off by the end of the season, too bad but there it is. I would love for the intriguing Franka Potente to stick around as Eleanor for another season, but I seriously doubt it.

I agree that we need more of Fausto and Frye. What interesting characters. Fausto seems like the Mexican version of Jax Teller. Although Fausto is cornered and on the run, I can't help but think that Sebastian and his CIA advisor are out of their depth. Despite all their resources, they lack Fausto's animal cunning and willingness to do anything to survive. Fausto also has his lifelong relationship with Marco going for him. I suspect that by the end of the day that is going to come into play again.

Frye is an around the bend substance abuser but his problem doesn't prevent him from being as smart and energetic as they come. I think it likely that his skills, too, will come into play as the search for Eleanor's ledger and for Fausto plays out.
post #681 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I agree that we need more of Fausto and Frye. What interesting characters. Fausto seems like the Mexican version of Jax Teller. Although Fausto is cornered and on the run, I can't help but think that Sebastian and his CIA advisor are out of their depth. Despite all their resources, they lack Fausto's animal cunning and willingness to do anything to survive. Fausto also has his lifelong relationship with Marco going for him. I suspect that by the end of the day that is going to come into play again.
The kid from the gang that stole drugs from Fausto and survived the party house killings early in the season seems more adept at taking on Fausto than Sebastian and the CIA.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think that the Marco and Fausto relationship is the most fascinating part of the show. I agree that by the end of the season Marco will probably have to make a big decision that is most critical to Fausto's fate.
post #682 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
OK, so I recall the hot anglo looking hispanic blonde a few episodes back that was a druggie having that great sex scene. And now she is a prisoner in Fausto's car, but whose daughter is she? The corporate dude's who turned on Fausto?

In the preview it looked like Sonya had the ledger and there were pencil drawings. One looked like Sonya, but not sure. Anyone get a better look or have a screen shot?
post #683 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, it's Sebastian Cerisola's daughter...

post #684 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post
OK, so I recall the hot anglo looking hispanic blonde a few episodes back that was a druggie having that great sex scene. And now she is a prisoner in Fausto's car, but whose daughter is she? The corporate dude's who turned on Fausto?
She got arrested and Marco let her go as a favor. In return Sebastian passed along the information to Marco that Sonya was about to be killed by Fausto's man.

Fausto is pissed that Sebastian double crossed him with the marines and Nacht and is using the daughter for payback.

post #685 of 690 Old 09-12-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
The reasoning for killing off Charlotte is sound and realistic, but I still would have loved to have her around and perhaps becoming a major player in a new cartel with the CIA partly pulling her strings for a main third season plot. Not so realistic, but it could have been interesting to me at least.

Looks like FX is pulling an HBO and you'll be able to see Annabeth on an upcoming episode if Sons of Anarchy

Sent from my Flip Phone using DOS
post #686 of 690 Old 09-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Just goes to show that you shouldn't hire a psychopath for a hit man.
post #687 of 690 Old Today, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

This was almost the exact opposite of last week. All talk, no action.

But I thought it was excellent. A lot of great scenes from the opening black comedy of Fausto recording his threat to Linder removing his beard. All the characters had a good moment.

post #688 of 690 Old Today, 01:48 AM
AVS Special Member

A first-rate episode for sure. Everything about it was flawless in my mind.
post #689 of 690 Old Today, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

The "film production" scenes with Fausto and Cesar were hilarious! nice steamy scene with Linder and Eva, more fun with Sonya and her Mom, lots of action at the end with the shootings.

post #690 of 690 Old Today, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Linder without his beard was disconcerting. He's actually a good-looking dude under there, but that voice now seems really out of place.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Curator,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page