Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #691 of 700 Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 403
The scenes with Eva and Linder were quite good. Seeing those reminded that several episodes back Eva talked about her history which was strikingly very similar to the role she played in Miss Bala. For anyone interested in seeing more of Stephanie Sigman "Miss Bala" is an excellent film. The film-making style is not for everyone though, it's a very "in your face" and "muscular" type of film. And for those familiar with the long tracking shot in "True Detective" there are many of those types of scenes in this film, and very little verbal exposition, it's almost like a docu-drama style of film.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 700 Old 09-18-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
It was about two years ago I watched it. Great movie that is indeed "in your face". Nothing is sugar coated in this movie. I really got into the story and had to see the outcome of it all those involved.
post #693 of 700 Old 09-19-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I find Ramon Franco's characterization of Fausto Galvan to be outstanding. He plays him as comic/tragic character and with a lot nuance. He is easily the most "seasoned" actor in the cast.
post #694 of 700 Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
The "film production" scenes with Fausto and Cesar were hilarious! nice steamy scene with Linder and Eva, more fun with Sonya and her Mom, lots of action at the end with the shootings.

truth.

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #695 of 700 Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For anyone who's seen the original version of "The Bridge" do you wish Sonya was more like Saga? That interrogation scene with with Eleanor would have been alot more interesting if Saga was there.
post #696 of 700 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I'm thinking that the Aspergers thing didn't test well with US audiences because Sonya doesn't have it anymore and even show empathy in some situations.
post #697 of 700 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I'm thinking that the Aspergers thing didn't test well with US audiences because Sonya doesn't have it anymore and even show empathy in some situations.
They watered that down to the point of irrelevance early in season one. When the show brought in the behavioural expert her character became almost too "normal".

post #698 of 700 Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 128
But she's Hornier now, so there's that.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
post #699 of 700 Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
They watered that down to the point of irrelevance early in season one. When the show brought in the behavioural expert her character became almost too "normal".
I replied to this earlier, but the site went down for a bit.
I never really liked the Sonya character, it just seemed forced for something. Saga from the foreign version was great and I never had any doubt of her condition, she always did something that seemed totally unsocial, I love the character of Saga, she's a riot. Sonya never seemed right, of course I only had the Saga character to compare her too, but the Sonya character seemed okay in one scene and then seemed totally different in another portion, whereas Saga seemed consistent(it's hard to explain, but Saga always seemed consisten even though there was no telling what she would do from one moment to the next).

As far as sex, Saga had no problem with sex, but when she was finished that was it, no pillow talk or relaxing a bit. LOL

That being said, I'm a bit more okay with Sonya in season #2 than #1 , she seems to be in a more normal rhythm.
post #700 of 700 Old Today, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
-snip-
I love the character of Saga, she's a riot.
-snip-
Sums up my feelings as well.

Look, Sonya's Sonya, I like the US "Bridge", but Saga's unique. I miss her. A lot. And we apparently won't get to see her again until 2016.

The thing about the original is the Asperger's makes Saga's personal relationship with Martin special. It's like she's a robot who, as the series progresses, starts to acquire human emotions and feelings. Shedding a tear (when her "boyfriend" moved out) was a milestone.

I know this thread is about the U.S. version but the differences between it and "Broen/Bridge" are interesting.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page