Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
No, but we did see him cough up lots of blood after getting shot point-blank in a vital area of the body. I doubt that Robles and his merry band of drug traffickers would be quick to take him to the hospital.
It's TV. Getting shot will just make him get soft for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I'll be damned. The gunshot will indeed only make him soft for a few days, maybe even just a couple in his case. He'll be up to run a half-marathon in a week. It was good to see some restraint in this otherwise kill happy series, though I wouldn't want to see Buckley come back next season as a zombie.

I thought it was a pretty good finale overall despite there being more coincidences and instances of great fortune to wrap it up than I usually care for in serious dramas.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 492
When the show got rid of the dead weight from last season's arcs this season became much better and the pieces nearly all worked.

I still think Nacht was a too-weird story too far. The show could have done wothout her quite easily and what would have been left would have been tighter and more believable. The show could have spent more time with the CIA and rogue DEA and Frye's investigation. Hastings was a really well played character and I'm sad to see him go. Nacht's arc kind of went nowhere except for an encounter at a tree that had no clear end game. Was she planning to kill him? Leave him there? Let him kill her? For an old guy chained up being fed acorns he sure had a lot of strength.

I'm not sure why Sonya thought they would fire her either considering the monumental cluster the case became and the old guy was killed during an attempted murder. No real clean up necessary for that particular instance, given how much clean up the DEA would be involved with due to their own negligence. The facts could have been easily dealt with.

And nice to see the professional hitman return. Not one of those procrastinating grave diggers.

Now the season one remnants have been dumped and as long as nobody unbelievably weird is introduced next year, I can see the elements of The Wire the show aims for.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 34
would have liked to see Nacht get more revenge time on "daddy"

also would have been nice to see Marco ktfo Robles

the scene with Fausto and his upset stomach was predictable but hilarious in execution.

Quit failing to flip the switch
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
When the show got rid of the dead weight from last season's arcs this season became much better and the pieces nearly all worked.

I still think Nacht was a too-weird story too far. The show could have done wothout her quite easily and what would have been left would have been tighter and more believable. The show could have spent more time with the CIA and rogue DEA and Frye's investigation. Hastings was a really well played character and I'm sad to see him go. Nacht's arc kind of went nowhere except for an encounter at a tree that had no clear end game. Was she planning to kill him? Leave him there? Let him kill her? For an old guy chained up being fed acorns he sure had a lot of strength.

I'm not sure why Sonya thought they would fire her either considering the monumental cluster the case became and the old guy was killed during an attempted murder. No real clean up necessary for that particular instance, given how much clean up the DEA would be involved with due to their own negligence. The facts could have been easily dealt with.

And nice to see the professional hitman return. Not one of those procrastinating grave diggers.

Now the season one remnants have been dumped and as long as nobody unbelievably weird is introduced next year, I can see the elements of The Wire the show aims for.

Nacht was supposedly going to torture and kill her father. She wanted to give him a slow death because he raped her. It was payback and has been a long time coming.

Sonya thought she would be fired since she was in Mexico and had no jurisdiction to kill anyone. I believe the "pan out" of the last shot was meant to show "the border" area they were in and close to.

I'm lost in the blue nowhere.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Excellent shot of Marco and Fausto both in jail, though framed by different sets of "bars", and with Fausto removing his cap and tossing it away as if to say 'the game is over". Great scene.
Ph8te likes this.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Nacht was supposedly going to torture and kill her father. She wanted to give him a slow death because he raped her. It was payback and has been a long time coming.
How slow? By tickling him to death?

After decades of planning the best she came up with was chaining him to an old pipe which he then broke free from and attacked her in under a minute. She had no other weapons on her apart from a tiny knife and she threw that away allowing him to overpower her easily.

No transport or water either, so she would have been dead from dehydration in about the same time. Best case, given how weak Nacht apparently was in a fight, is that after a few days without supplies she might have had slightly more strength and been able to get close enough to cut him with her small knife.

And after a few hours of torture die in the desert because she couldn't get back.

Fairly pointless resolution to her revenge quest and another "dig your own hole" moment for a pyscopath on the show.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How slow? By tickling him to death?

After decades of planning the best she came up with was chaining him to an old pipe which he then broke free from and attacked her in under a minute. She had no other weapons on her apart from a tiny knife and she threw that away allowing him to overpower her easily.

No transport or water either, so she would have been dead from dehydration in about the same time. Best case, given how weak Nacht apparently was in a fight, is that after a few days without supplies she might have had slightly more strength and been able to get close enough to cut him with her small knife.

And after a few hours of torture die in the desert because she couldn't get back.

Fairly pointless resolution to her revenge quest and another "dig your own hole" moment for a pyscopath on the show.

The location was symbolic and looks closer to places she could get transportation. Who knows how slow? That detail wasn't "important" as the symbolic nature of the tree she took him too. Her MO has always to have someone touch her then kill them, nothing had changed.

I'm lost in the blue nowhere.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
The location was symbolic and looks closer to places she could get transportation. Who knows how slow? That detail wasn't "important" as the symbolic nature of the tree she took him too. Her MO has always to have someone touch her then kill them, nothing had changed.
And based on what we saw the childhood location was all the showrunner had, because the fact Nacht was overpowered so easily by an old and weak man after decades of revenge planning was an equally weak and poorly thought out resolution. Based on what we saw I don't know how she was supposedly going to take down Monte in an earlier episode. In a one-on-one fight retrospectively she was clearly outmatched by almost everyone apart from a kid and her character reputation was diluted as the season went on. Remember the first episode in which she was was seen holding a bloody machete in a house of severed limbs? That was retconned to not be her work and the finale made her just someone who was good at giving orders and making notes.

According to the interviews the ending was meant to be consist of vague conclusions to the season and FX asked the showrunner to create some kind of finality in case the show doesn't come back, so it's hard to tell exactly how many of these arc conclusions were put together at the last minute. Finding a reason for Sonya and Marco meeting at the tree was apparently one of them.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I mostly agree with VisionOn's comments. Although I liked the finale, it was somewhat empty.

However, I would rather they had followed through on their original presentation of Nacht (even her name suggests the ending of something) being a crazed psycho. This was suggested early on not only by the bloody murder scene (where iirc she was shown holding a bloody machete), but also the scene with the running car driven by a dead guy with a pen in his neck, and the murder of the boy. Even the fling with her sisters murderer's brother didn't really go anywhere. Neither did the mom.

The CIA bit worked, but it looks like they've ended their use of that. I wish they had followed through with their idea of the missing women of Juarez. I know what was later said, but with all those women there could be many multiple stories to tell.

I'll be back for S3, but this season left me hungry.

Sent from a mobile device.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 60
As was mentioned earlier, the location of the tree was the exact place where she was raped. She wanted to take him back to the same spot to kill him.

I, too, was a bit puzzled by Sonja's comments about getting fired until they zoomed out and you could see she was just inside the Mexican border.

Hank was great in the final few episodes.

The story arcs were kind of kooky with starting out with some nut job killing people and then it turning into a CIA/DEA confrontation over drug running. They made it work, but I would have liked it better had they done one or the other.

I also agree with the earlier comment saying it would have been nice had the show stayed with last year's premise of the missing women of Juarez. It would have fit in nicely with today's headlines with the border and all.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Maybe next year can focus on one border related issue like Ebola or something
Old 10-03-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Maybe next year can focus on one border related issue like Ebola or something
Maybe Tuberculosis instead (in an El Paso hospital), also we could have some ISIS action in the border.

It was the classic TV trope "shot in the gut equals the character will live" wasn't Hank also shot in the gut? then we also had Romina
philw1776 likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 10-03-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I have a problem with the killing of the teen aged boy. I cannot recall now but didn't she seduce him and the other kid when they were staring at her. I would think that even though she was supposedly "psychotic" from the event of being raped by her father. They portrayed her as a "man hater" when a man touched her. I guess the writers never interviewed actual women who have experienced similar events in life. They went down the Eileen Wuornos path for more effect.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Hate to be the one to break the bad news, but I just saw the series has been cancelled. Ratings were too low.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bridge-can...190200091.html
Old 10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well, that's a bummer... the second season was a little lacking, compared to the first, but I would have liked to seen it get one more season before being cancelled.

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Old 10-21-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Hate to be the one to break the bad news, but I just saw the series has been cancelled. Ratings were too low.

Damn it!

Oh well, at least I have another season of Fargo and The Americans to look forward to.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:

Yet "Under the Dome" got a renewal .. what a Country ..
mike1812, gwsat and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 10-21-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Bad news. I liked season 1 a whole lot
Old 10-21-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I liked Season 2 of The Bridge even more than Season 1, so the news of the show's cancellation is doubly disappointing to me.
Keenan and Ph8te like this.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Haven't seen season 2 yet. Did it end on a cliffhanger?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Haven't seen season 2 yet. Did it end on a cliffhanger?
Not really. They rushed through some conclusions to various character arcs. So it wasn't very well done, but it was a good enough place to end it.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yet "Under the Dome" got a renewal .. what a Country ..
The producers are trying to find another network so maybe Amazon can throw some Dome dollars at The Bridge.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The producers are trying to find another network so maybe Amazon can throw some Dome dollars at The Bridge.

Even NetFlix might pick it up. Heck they picked up The Killing for the final episode b

Sent from an system/360
Old 10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 131
All I can say is I hope another network or streamer raises The Bridge.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 AM
DDD

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
All I can say is I hope another network or streamer raises The Bridge.
And Longmire also!!! Why people do not appreciate quality shows?????
Old 10-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
This show will be missed, one of the few shows that my wife and I looked forward to each week.

With the news of the cancellation, I even looked at Netflix & Amazon Prime to see if either have the Scandinavian version Bron, but no such luck.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
This show will be missed, one of the few shows that my wife and I looked forward to each week.

With the news of the cancellation, I even looked at Netflix & Amazon Prime to see if either have the Scandinavian version Bron, but no such luck.
Hulu(+) has Bron/Broen Season #1 , or they did the last time I looked.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Hulu(+) has Bron/Broen Season #1 , or they did the last time I looked.
Yea, and there is a Season 2 and, at least as of now, will be a Season 3 so, if you like that version at least you have something to look forward to.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010 View Post
Yea, and there is a Season 2 and, at least as of now, will be a Season 3 so, if you like that version at least you have something to look forward to.
Anyone who hasn't seen the Danish/Swedish version, you should at least try an episode or two to see how you like it, personally I think it is a lot better than the US version/remake. The female lead is really excellent, IMO.
Keenan likes this.