post #721 of 724 Old 09-27-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
No, but we did see him cough up lots of blood after getting shot point-blank in a vital area of the body. I doubt that Robles and his merry band of drug traffickers would be quick to take him to the hospital.
It's TV. Getting shot will just make him get soft for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 724 Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'll be damned. The gunshot will indeed only make him soft for a few days, maybe even just a couple in his case. He'll be up to run a half-marathon in a week. It was good to see some restraint in this otherwise kill happy series, though I wouldn't want to see Buckley come back next season as a zombie.

I thought it was a pretty good finale overall despite there being more coincidences and instances of great fortune to wrap it up than I usually care for in serious dramas.
post #723 of 724 Old Today, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 390
When the show got rid of the dead weight from last season's arcs this season became much better and the pieces nearly all worked.

I still think Nacht was a too-weird story too far. The show could have done wothout her quite easily and what would have been left would have been tighter and more believable. The show could have spent more time with the CIA and rogue DEA and Frye's investigation. Hastings was a really well played character and I'm sad to see him go. Nacht's arc kind of went nowhere except for an encounter at a tree that had no clear end game. Was she planning to kill him? Leave him there? Let him kill her? For an old guy chained up being fed acorns he sure had a lot of strength.

I'm not sure why Sonya thought they would fire her either considering the monumental cluster the case became and the old guy was killed during an attempted murder. No real clean up necessary for that particular instance, given how much clean up the DEA would be involved with due to their own negligence. The facts could have been easily dealt with.

And nice to see the professional hitman return. Not one of those procrastinating grave diggers.

Now the season one remnants have been dumped and as long as nobody unbelievably weird is introduced next year, I can see the elements of The Wire the show aims for.

post #724 of 724 Old Today, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 29
would have liked to see Nacht get more revenge time on "daddy"

also would have been nice to see Marco ktfo Robles

the scene with Fausto and his upset stomach was predictable but hilarious in execution.

Quit failing to flip the switch
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page