post #181 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The thing I learned from this episode was if you're going to Juarez, bring an iron.
To fend off would be attackers? That Iron Man scene took place in Linder's apartment which is in El Paso.

That comment of Linder's when the body dropping on the car made all that noise, "Oh dear", was hilarious. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

To fend off would be attackers? That Iron Man scene took place in Linder's apartment which is in El Paso.

That comment of Linder's when the body dropping on the car made all that noise, "Oh dear", was hilarious. smile.gif

That was great. As it was happening I kept thinking this isn't going to work how he wanted it to.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #183 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I was surprised Galvan found Linder so soon, I guess they saw him when he was driving away with the body.

Maybe Galvan will say next: "thanks for killing this piece of scum"

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #184 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

+1

I’m usually not one to pick nits… but wouldn't you back your car up? It’d make putting the body in the trunk a whole lot easier… plus, landing the body on the car – really?!? I’ll give this show a few more episodes but with Breaking and SOA coming back soon I’m not sure if it’ll stay in the rotation. I don't have the time (or energy) to invest into another show.

post #185 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Well this is the only show on Wednesdays I watch at all.. SOA not my cup of tea, BB is on Sundays

post #186 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 405
I like The Bridge more all the time. Sonya's having returned Marco's wallet in front of Marco's wife was both funny and sad. Funny because of how much it made Marco squirm but sad because poor damaged Sonya lacked the empathy and the social skills to have understood she was putting her partner on the spot.

Like others, I howled when, after Linder dropped the Mexican thug's body on the hood of his car, he exclaimed "Oh dear!" Funny stuff! As much of an incompetent doofus as Linder appears to be he seems to be able to protect himself at crunch time. His spotting the hot iron and bashing the thug's head in with it was inspired. Dropping the guy's body on the hood of his car was somewhat less so, though.smile.gif
post #187 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah Sonya owes Marco big time, she had to say he left his wallet at Charlotte's house, instead of the EPPD office, she's way too honest.

Will Marco and Sonya have sex? the only thing stopping that is that Marco's married, was the only requisite in her book, a single guy....

post #188 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 129
She did offer...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #189 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Did she? I only heard her offering her couch not her bed..

Some mysteries I want to know: Sonya's sister killer, Linder's sister, if Marco is ever going to return to his home among others

post #190 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

When he agreed to sleep on her couch she said something like "Do you want to have sex"? In much the same way she asked the guy in the bar...what happened to him anyways?

post #191 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah Sonya owes Marco big time, she had to say he left his wallet at Charlotte's house, instead of the EPPD office, she's way too honest.

Will Marco and Sonya have sex? the only thing stopping that is that Marco's married, was the only requisite in her book, a single guy....

Quote:

She did offer...

I interpreted what went on between Sonya and Marco the same way DrLar did. When Sonya told Marco he could sleep at her place she made clear that she had a couch and he could sleep on it. As frankly as she had solicited sex from the guy she picked up in the bar, I was convinced that the literal minded Sonya didn't invite Marco to stay with her in order to have sex with him. Indeed, in the scene at Sonya's place in which Marco asked Sonya about the crayon drawings and Sonya told Marco about her sister being murdered, Sonya and Marco were lying down in their own resting places and there was no indication that hanky-panky might be in the offing.
post #192 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

I was surprised Galvan found Linder so soon, I guess they saw him when he was driving away with the body.

Maybe Galvan will say next: "thanks for killing this piece of scum"
I doubt it. Galvan saw him as property. Now he probably feels Linder owes him.
I don't know how Galvan found him there, but I doubt he followed him from the apartment. The hole was finished, and that would have taken a couple of hours to dig.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #193 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

When he agreed to sleep on her couch she said something like "Do you want to have sex"? In much the same way she asked the guy in the bar...what happened to him anyways?

I think maybe you're remembering the "Last week on The Bridge" clips from the shows begining. She never said that to Marco.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #194 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I interpreted what went on between Sonya and Marco the same way DrLar did. When Sonya told Marco he could sleep at her place she made clear that she had a couch and he could sleep on it. As frankly as she had solicited sex from the guy she picked up in the bar, I was convinced that the literal minded Sonya didn't invite Marco to stay with her in order to have sex with him. Indeed, in the scene at Sonya's place in which Marco asked Sonya about the crayon drawings and Sonya told Marco about her sister being murdered, Sonya and Marco were lying down in their own resting places and there was no indication that hanky-panky might be in the offing.
That's how I read that exchange as well, not a hint of sex and I hope it stays that way.
post #195 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe they are going the "Bones" way, they don't have sex until season 7.. Very very similar characters.

post #196 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Maybe they are going the "Bones" way, they don't have sex until season 7.. Very very similar characters.

Absolutely! As we have seen Marco, to say the least, loves women and they tend to love him. If Marco's estrangement from his wife goes on, who is to say that he won't eventually hook up with the remarkably beautiful Sonya?
post #197 of 562 Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just finished this delightful Grantland piece about this week's episode of The Bridge. It was written by Andy Greenwald. For those of you who loved this week's episode as much as i did, you will love Greenwald's piece, I guarantee.
post #198 of 562 Old 08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

post #199 of 562 Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I thought the latest Bridge was good, not great
I also thought the article on Grantland was good, and like most things on Grantland written with an air of being "above it all". Ever watch Bill talk on TV??? Didn't think it was delightful, despite the guarantee.
Did agree on the Walter White reference, though. He neglected to say that he beat him down with a hot iron, then ironed his face...
As to Diane Kruger, I go back to the Chloe O'Brien character on 24. Same type of social skills, she did a great job with the part, and most liked her. Anyway, it's just my opinion...
post #200 of 562 Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

From Slate,

The Slate piece was terrific, thanks. The final paragraph states exactly how I feel about Diane Kruger and her performance as the flawed Sonya Cross.
Quote:
Unfortunately, just as Showtime’s Ray Donovan was dinged because its anti-hero storylines are now so overused that they’ve become tired clichés, Diane Kruger has taken more than her fair share of knocks because TV viewers are suffering from quirky-detective fatigue. But that isn’t the actor’s fault. Hate the game, not the player. Kruger is good.
post #201 of 562 Old 08-13-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
So is a master criminal outwitting police depts. and the FBI on both sides of the border typical or just typical in TV and movies?
post #202 of 562 Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Considering there are people on the top 10 most wanted for many many years it can happen. It's not typical, but its not total fantasy either.
post #203 of 562 Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
People who evade arrest for many years are probably not engaging with the police, taunting them, breaking into the security systems at the bridge and so on.

They're probably keeping a low profile.

This guy is more like something out of James Bond, though not some rich guy turned evil.
post #204 of 562 Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

People who evade arrest for many years are probably not engaging with the police, taunting them,

Well, there is the Zodiac...

post #205 of 562 Old 08-14-2013, 12:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

So is a master criminal outwitting police depts. and the FBI on both sides of the border typical or just typical in TV and movies?
Don't confuse the person who left the bodies on the bridge, killed the FBI agent and has so far eluded capture with who ever has been killing the women of Juarez(the pink crosses). The person, or persons doing the killing south of the border is a different entity and is something that will not be solved on this show. Those killings are actually taking place in Juarez and the surrounding area and have been for many years. This show is not going to solve those crimes. They have provided the bridge killer with his/her motivation for what he is doing, "why do mountains get moved if a white person is killed but when brown people are killed nobody cares". The exposition of the women of Juarez in this show is to help drive the plot of the show but is not the actual plot itself.
WinterKnight likes this.
post #206 of 562 Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 68
What an episode.

What do you think the black face on the drawings meant?

So there's both a mole in the El Paso PD and now an informant with the ATF.
post #207 of 562 Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

What an episode.

What do you think the black face on the drawings meant?

So there's both a mole in the El Paso PD and now an informant with the ATF.

I agree. A number of scenes that had me just saying Wow!

Given Lieutenant Hank's reluctance to voice what the guy did to Sonya's sister, I almost hope we don't find out what the black face on the drawings mean.

The show is getting better and better. Another reminder not to be too quick to judge.
post #208 of 562 Old 08-15-2013, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Wonder why Sonya was crying when she was face to face with her sister's killer. She felt pity or sorrow for him being mentally disabled? Maybe she felt like he was showing off remorse, coloring drawings of the dead girl or maybe Sonya herself.
post #209 of 562 Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
That was definitely a pivotal episode, despite some more way overdone clichés (i.e., escape out the bathroom window and into danger).

The Marco/Fausto relationship is growing into something very interesting, as is the long-lasting ethical dilemma caused by Hank's improper shooting of Sonya's sister's killer. Every main character has some significant flaw, and that is good.

I do hope that Charlotte's boy toy gets killed-off in the most painful way possible. He is quite the douche bag.
post #210 of 562 Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Count me in as a Kruger fanboy-she was amazing in this episode. Even in something as standard as running down the street after the girl went through the bathroom window was well done. I really believed her desperation and panic as she searched. And then her struggle to remain in contol of herself when she discovered the dying body, topped off by her visit to her sister's killer...emmy worthy performance.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page