Orange is the New Black (13 Episode Season Netflix Original) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 108 Old 06-16-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Finished it last night and it was definitely better than the first season. I think the introspective looks done on many of the characters added a lot to the quality this season, and even though there were some darker moments I think overall there were even more funny scenes than last season.

I have to agree .. OITNB as a dark comedy does a great job working both the dark side as well as the humor ..
I wonder sometimes how close to reality the plot is ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 108 Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I myself am fairly impressed by the lack of any real spoilers on this thread, knowing that many, if not most, binge watch .. a fully available season seems to keep the per episode discussion at a minimum or even almost non existent ...
I agree. That's why I think there should be two threads. One where you can rip free and post (discuss) whatever you want. I also agree binge viewing naturally reduces the breaking points for discussing various episodes.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #93 of 108 Old 06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Quote:

I myself am fairly impressed by the lack of any real spoilers on this thread, knowing that many, if not most, binge watch .. a fully available season seems to keep the per episode discussion at a minimum or even almost non existent ...
I agree. That's why I think there should be two threads. One where you can rip free and post (discuss) whatever you want. I also agree binge viewing naturally reduces the breaking points for discussing various episodes.
They could make a thread and break it into sub-threads(don't know the name) but they could have maybe 3 or 4 subs, Full season, Eps 1-5, Eps 6-10, 11-12 or some type of breakup, actually doubt it would get that much discussion, but it might.
post #94 of 108 Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
a fully available season seems to keep the per episode discussion at a minimum or even almost non existent ...
To me, that's a downside. I've only seen the first 5 episodes of this season, but I wish there was a place to discuss what I've seen safely. There really isn't. There is definitely something to the communal aspect of watching a show at the same time as everyone else.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #95 of 108 Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post
To me, that's a downside. I've only seen the first 5 episodes of this season, but I wish there was a place to discuss what I've seen safely. There really isn't. There is definitely something to the communal aspect of watching a show at the same time as everyone else.
On the flip side, I like to stack shows up on the DVR and wait till series finale to binge .. myself, I feel like it becomes one very long movie and I am better able to follow the continuity and what not .. which then causes me to avoid any threads that deal with the show or Web blogs, etc ..
Sometimes, this has a downside though, since if a particularly news worthy episode takes place, it hits all over the place and it's tough to not run into a spoiler somewhere ..

When a show gets dumped fully on NF and is ready to fully watch end to end, I don't know what the proper manners would be to avoid discussion that might spoil someone elses viewing .. myself, I figure once it's been available for at least a month or so, discussion should be fairly safe ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #96 of 108 Old 06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Since I'm still only three episodes in, I do appreciate the spoiler free discussion thus far. But is it too difficult for people to use spoiler tags if they wish to discuss specific plot points? I'm a regular in other forums that always require it.
post #97 of 108 Old 06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Since I'm still only three episodes in, I do appreciate the spoiler free discussion thus far. But is it too difficult for people to use spoiler tags if they wish to discuss specific plot points? I'm a regular in other forums that always require it.
The spoiler tagging function is not working properly on the site right now, it's not hiding the tagged text. Well, not hiding it for everyone apparently as it works fine for me. I removed the two I posted in deference to the thread readers where the function may not be working.
post #98 of 108 Old 06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
But is it too difficult for people to use spoiler tags if they wish to discuss specific plot points?

Much easier to create a second thread and put Spoiler in the title... much like Game of Thrones...

| 
|
|
|
post #99 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
On the flip side, I like to stack shows up on the DVR and wait till series finale to binge .. myself, I feel like it becomes one very long movie and I am better able to follow the continuity and what not .. which then causes me to avoid any threads that deal with the show or Web blogs, etc ..
Sometimes, this has a downside though, since if a particularly news worthy episode takes place, it hits all over the place and it's tough to not run into a spoiler somewhere ..

When a show gets dumped fully on NF and is ready to fully watch end to end, I don't know what the proper manners would be to avoid discussion that might spoil someone elses viewing .. myself, I figure once it's been available for at least a month or so, discussion should be fairly safe ..
I just watch one episode per week so as to enjoy it over the full season, am I alone in that?
post #100 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post
I just watch one episode per week so as to enjoy it over the full season, am I alone in that?

Not alone but not in the majority I'm guessing. With shows like this what is a full season?

| 
|
|
|
post #101 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Much easier to create a second thread and put Spoiler in the title... much like Game of Thrones...
Bit more difficult, the regular thread with no spoilers, the spoilers of the TV series and the book spoilers.. it may get confusing.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #102 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Not alone but not in the majority I'm guessing. With shows like this what is a full season?
The term "series" would be probably be more appropiate for content such as this
post #103 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Surprised to see the reviews of S2 being better than S1. I couldn't make it past s2 e6 - I found it completely boring. Maybe it was my mood?

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server

post #104 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Surprised to see the reviews of S2 being better than S1. I couldn't make it past s2 e6 - I found it completely boring. Maybe it was my mood?
I think season two wasn't as dramatic as one per se. A lot more smaller story arcs versus a driving force. For me I simply enjoyed the additional depth of the characters. Partly from having lived through season one and partly because of the deeper back stories.

| 
|
|
|
post #105 of 108 Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Since I watched it pretty much straight through, I can't remember the details, but there was a stretch where I started thinking this is definitely by the Weeds creator, it started getting goofy and seemed to just have scenes that seemed like she was being Jenji, but all of a sudden it got back on track and finished strong, but it definitely got kinda silly and just seemed kinda stupid in a stretch.
post #106 of 108 Old 06-26-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

I generally do that with Blu-ray sets... and it was difficult to watch HBO during Game of Thrones and be a season behind, as there were spoilers aplenty in the previews (just seeing who is still around can be a spoiler in itself).

That being said, I binge watched both "seasons" of Orange. And I found the second season as good as the first. It remains a rather black comedy, though it seems more serious this time, with far fewer laughs.

CW Hinkle
post #107 of 108 Old 06-26-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Loved the Mustachioed episode and the Finale of course... can't wait for season 3...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #108 of 108 Old 07-19-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
not finished with the season... had to comment though...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! They bought back dat cray cray hilarious Arsehole!! Knew they would!!!! lololol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page