Orange is the New Black - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #151 of 158 Old 06-27-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post
I finished this latest season. I knew going in that that the whole season covers only the 3 days after the end of last season.

It wasn't great. I found it just "ok" and not near as good as last season.
Glad it's not just me. I quit watching during Episode 3 of Season 4 and never went back. I thought about giving the show another shot when Season 5 became available but discovered there are no signs of the series ever ending. I'm out.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 158 Old 06-29-2017, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2484 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Glad it's not just me. I quit watching during Episode 3 of Season 4 and never went back. I thought about giving the show another shot when Season 5 became available but discovered there are no signs of the series ever ending. I'm out.
^^^Understood.

At the advice of a couple of folks here I decided to stay in a couple more eps (onto 5), but really, it's a bit of a rambling mess....I'll stay in one more or so, but I might be "out" just like you are.

Perhaps that's because I'm comparing it to how amazing the first two seasons were; and yeah, that is a little unfair to do perhaps, because they were really great.

But ONB totally seems to have developed the "House of Cards" disease now. (Where is it going, why is it still here, WTH is going on, etc....)

You're the wife. You're the dead wife. Give me my @#$%ing coin, dead wife.
-Mad Sweeney
post #153 of 158 Old 06-30-2017, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
close enough ::

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #154 of 158 Old 06-30-2017, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Doing the entire season inside of three days was an interesting choice, and having it all set during the riot with a completely flipped power dynamic did if nothing else offer a change of pace.

I liked that they spent some time exploring more of the supporting cast, but it feels like Piper's story was forced a bit to the back burner, and they've made sort of a mess of Alex in the past two seasons.

On the other hand they've managed to completely redeem Pennsatucky over the course of the last couple seasons.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #155 of 158 Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM

I, as well, took in the entire season over a few days .. while I can't say it's my favorite season, all in all it kept me engaged most of the time .. the Ladies continued to demonstrate some great acting chops .. it seemed, for me anyway, it was a darker look at things .. not much in the way of re-watch material, either ..

I'd agree that the show is likely nearing a needed end, and the Cliffhanger at the end you could see coming a mile away ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #156 of 158 Old 06-30-2017, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
close enough ::
Close enough? Not really the point. The point is that 1. it's not said as such, and 2. many people who have seen this movie multiple times have always heard it as "a failure" instead of "failure".

-Mad Sweeney
post #157 of 158 Old 06-30-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Close enough? Not really the point. The point is that 1. it's not said as such, and 2. many people who have seen this movie multiple times have always heard it as "a failure" instead of "failure".
When I saw your tag line, I could not resist .. I was 23 and close to being deployed to Vietnam when I saw CHL in a cinema in San Antonio, TX as it debuted .. it has remained my favorite film since and I watch it at least once a year .. no disrespect intended to you .. I could practically recite the film from memory ..

Uncle Willie

post #158 of 158 Old 07-20-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
(returning for a dual reply)----Well, I kept thinking about what folks said here about it getting better as it went along, so I decided to give it a try some more. Baaaaaad idea.

Spoiler!
gwsat likes this.

-Mad Sweeney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page