post #361 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Those types of posts were reported here . . .

Crap .. I read your thread .. is there a risk with those IMG links .. ?? I think I may have clicked on one or two thinking it was a link to somewhere but it never went anywhere .. system checked out clean yesterday after a weekly scan ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Cheers to Monica again this week .. she looked like she could hold onto that rope forever ..

The woman keeps this up, she's a lock for final 4 ..

Hayden must be one of those guys that looks strong, but must not really be that strong ... or his will power is weak ..

Besides being overly paranoid, Monica's brain is in the game and she's strong physically and mentally. The rope suspension challenge generally favors women since the center of gravity is lower so it takes less upper body/grip strength to hold on to the rope. Hayden, at this point, is just going along for the ride. There are bigger targets than him, so he does not feel threatened and therefore has no incentive to suffer through a challenge.
post #363 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 67
So the clue for the idol has an arrow on it. You would think, they might pick up on the fact someone already has it and mention it to the tribe.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #364 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

So the clue for the idol has an arrow on it. You would think, they might pick up on the fact someone already has it and mention it to the tribe.

I kept thinking Tyson would do the old "fabricate a fake Idol" and bury it in the spot .. tongue.gif

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #365 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
^^^
Or better yet, the Producer's hide another REAL idol in the same spot. Then watch Tyson's jaw drop when someone play's it at tribal, or watch the fireworks in camp if the finder of the "replacement" idol isn't so quiet about finding it... and Tyson thinks that "it can't be real, can it?"

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #366 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Besides being overly paranoid, Monica's brain is in the game and she's strong physically and mentally. The rope suspension challenge generally favors women since the center of gravity is lower so it takes less upper body/grip strength to hold on to the rope. Hayden, at this point, is just going along for the ride. There are bigger targets than him, so he does not feel threatened and therefore has no incentive to suffer through a challenge.

Yep, similar to how James (black muscular guy) struggled in challenges like that. The body mass is a liability in many challenges like this!
post #367 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Yep, similar to how James (black muscular guy) struggled in challenges like that. The body mass is a liability in many challenges like this!
Plus, arm strength and grip strength are not the same thing. Watching a few episodes of American Ninja Warrior made that clear. When I saw the guys leaning back I knew they were toast. I am surprised that nobody held the knot close to their body. That would have allowed them to stand more upright, reducing the effort, and distributing the load to the arms and shoulders.
post #368 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'd bet the rules stated they couldn't do that. Just like they can't wrap the rope around their wrist. We just didn't see the challenge explanation.
post #369 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I'd bet the rules stated they couldn't do that. Just like they can't wrap the rope around their wrist. We just didn't see the challenge explanation.

Maybe the rules said that. But not wrapping the rope around your wrist is a bit different. That's really a safety issue more than a technique issue.

They consider THIS
post #370 of 561 Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

As far as building the case for Tyson winning, well they edit this way all the time for the most part.

I counted 5 more people "gathering clues" for the idol together with Tyson. Nobody ever looked for it. Tyson just picked it from the ground although the clue Katie had said "dig".

If Ciera didn't want to be a minority, or betray her mom, all she had to do is stay with her mom, Tina, Katie, Aras and Vytas, the only alliance that makes any sense. And she would have looked for the idol. I guess she doesn't want to win 1.000.000.

Laura jumped before she let go of the rope. I guess she wanted to hit the water feet first.
She should win. Didn't she hear Aras targeting her at the arena?

Monica is probably next. No good deed stays unpunished in survivor.
We are led to believe Tyson is in trouble. I think he is just going to solidify his position as a "worthy" winner.
post #371 of 561 Old 11-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

Monica is probably next. No good deed stays unpunished in survivor.

Totally agree....if it was me I would have picked Tyson and had a feast....screw the rest of them, because even though you fed them all, it's been shown before the tribe will tun around and vote you out the same night if they have a mind to.
post #372 of 561 Old 11-22-2013, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Totally agree....if it was me I would have picked Tyson and had a feast....screw the rest of them, because even though you fed them all, it's been shown before the tribe will tun around and vote you out the same night if they have a mind to.

True .. but I'm guessing the next play may be to try and flush out the Idol .. we're at that point in the game where Idol flush out and "Who Can I Beat at Final ..??" are going to become much more important .. we're down to 7 and eventually one more from Redemption ..

We know only one Redemption player will come back in .. which, at this point, still makes it possible for a Loved One Pair to be in the game ..

Logically, I would try to vote out Ciera or Katie .. thus reducing the chance of a Loved One pair being reunited in the game ..

No matter what you think of Tyson, he's playing a master game .. keeping the Idol secret, trying to make everyone feel included, manipulating anything that smells like an uprising .. he's playing these people like a violin ..

The wildcard now is Ciera .. she's willing to throw her own Mom under the bus .. Tyson can use that to get rid of her .. Ciera has proven, maybe better than any Player in Survivor History, that an alliance means nothing, even when it's your own Blood ..

post #373 of 561 Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Quote:

In an island without outside interference, yes, maybe.
In TV, no way. The most innocent thought you can have about it is that they have a 3 or more person TV crew, following them 24/7. That fact alone changes everything.

That fact alone changes nothing.  The TV crew are no different than the other contestants around.  You don't seem to understand what he was saying.  His whole point is that people can try to hide or mask their normal, everyday selves, but over a period of time, especially when put under physical and emotional stress, the vast majority will start to crack and show it.  He's 100% right.

Quote:

I counted 5 more people "gathering clues" for the idol together with Tyson. Nobody ever looked for it. Tyson just picked it from the ground although the clue Katie had said "dig".

It's hard to understand what you're talking about with the "gathering clues" comment, but just because they didn't show something during the show doesn't mean it didn't happen.  You can't infer that nobody looked for an idol just because you didn't see it.  And you seem to be implying that Tyson just found the idol laying on the ground, but after he found it he said something to the effect of, "I probably stepped on it 20 times" while looking, so it had to be covered. They've only got so many minutes to air so they can't show everything...

ron

post #374 of 561 Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

That fact alone changes nothing.  The TV crew are no different than the other contestants around.  You don't seem to understand what he was saying.  His whole point is that people can try to hide or mask their normal, everyday selves, but over a period of time, especially when put under physical and emotional stress, the vast majority will start to crack and show it.  He's 100% right.

Quote:

It's hard to understand what you're talking about with the "gathering clues" comment, but just because they didn't show something during the show doesn't mean it didn't happen.  You can't infer that nobody looked for an idol just because you didn't see it.  And you seem to be implying that Tyson just found the idol laying on the ground, but after he found it he said something to the effect of, "I probably stepped on it 20 times" while looking, so it had to be covered. They've only got so many minutes to air so they can't show everything...

ron

Who is the real you? Your animal instincts, or the one that calmly decides after considering all aspects of a situation. Why the "real you" is the one under so much stress that doesn't have the ability to think?

Don't be so quick to judge people. Who is the real Misty? The stupid, useless hot girl of survivor Panama, or the actual rocket scientist she is in real life? Who is the real Cochran? The awkward, stupid, frightened boy of the first time, or the superman mastermind that won everything the second time?

We have so very little information. You don't know everything they do (you said it yourself, not enough air time), you don't know where they come from and you don't know what it is like in survivor for them (even people that have been in survivor don't know because it is different for everybody).

About "gathering clues": Jeff said it. What we have seen is that 5 other smart people had the same information, at the same time with Tyson and that the idol was super easy to find.

"That fact alone changes nothing."
Yes it does. Read the example, and think about it a little bit.
post #375 of 561 Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

So did I see the Guide correctly, no recap episode this Wednesday? I know in years past, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving often had this and honestly, in the last few seasons, they've been well done with plenty of new footage and often a little more info on how some of the votes went down.
post #376 of 561 Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So did I see the Guide correctly, no recap episode this Wednesday? I know in years past, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving often had this and honestly, in the last few seasons, they've been well done with plenty of new footage and often a little more info on how some of the votes went down.

While I would not mind a recap on Wednesday, my DVR menu indicates a regular episode .. "Gloves Come Off" ...

post #377 of 561 Old 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

While I would not mind a recap on Wednesday, my DVR menu indicates a regular episode .. "Gloves Come Off" ...

Thanks I better check. Maybe I just assumed, but I thought I took a quick peek at what was slated to be recorded this week and didn't see Survivor. Probably wasn't paying attention....
post #378 of 561 Old 11-26-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:

I think they did recaps when it use to air on Thursdays and it feel on Thanksgiving itself, since it is wednesday, it is a new episode (according to the DVR).

post #379 of 561 Old 11-27-2013, 03:18 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

True .. but I'm guessing the next play may be to try and flush out the Idol .. we're at that point in the game where Idol flush out and "Who Can I Beat at Final ..??" are going to become much more important .. we're down to 7 and eventually one more from Redemption ..

We know only one Redemption player will come back in .. which, at this point, still makes it possible for a Loved One Pair to be in the game ..

Logically, I would try to vote out Ciera or Katie .. thus reducing the chance of a Loved One pair being reunited in the game ..

No matter what you think of Tyson, he's playing a master game .. keeping the Idol secret, trying to make everyone feel included, manipulating anything that smells like an uprising .. he's playing these people like a violin ..

The wildcard now is Ciera .. she's willing to throw her own Mom under the bus .. Tyson can use that to get rid of her .. Ciera has proven, maybe better than any Player in Survivor History, that an alliance means nothing, even when it's your own Blood ..
Agree with your analysis on Ciera. The two original meatheads shouldn't give in to the temptation to get rid of Tyson, but rather get rid if Ciera as soon as possible. Laura is obviously capable of coming back into the game and making a strong pair. The real question is who isa true goat. I would imagine Monica might fit that role because of her paranoia but she has been a tough competitor otherwise. Everyone else seems fairly likeable at least as far as the editing has shown.
post #380 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Monica could be the floater/goat that gets far especially with the way she is winning challenges. I think the two women will gang up on Caleb too and send him packing from Redemption.
post #381 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

After the 3 decided to eat at the challenge, I was really hoping to see them make a deal out loud right in front of them to make an alliance.

post #382 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 10:23 AM

Liked: 15
Namaste Bi@#&es. Quote of the season. Thanks Vytas.
post #383 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

Namaste Bi@#&es. Quote of the season. Thanks Vytas.

Missed the quote due to being at our family's house with three screaming kids. Could you PM me?
post #384 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Wow, Monica, three in a row, she is showing that she can go all the way in these challenges. I just hope she doesn't win because they already have enough money.

post #385 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Wow, Monica, three in a row, she is showing that she can go all the way in these challenges. I just hope she doesn't win because they already have enough money.

Wow.. Now I've heard it all.

They consider THIS
post #386 of 561 Old 11-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Wow.. Now I've heard it all.

No no no. I've thought the same thing. I think the best person should win but if that person already has a boatload of money then maybe the next deserving person should be allowed.
post #387 of 561 Old 11-29-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
So "rich" people shouldn't be allowed to be contestants? That's ridiculous!! GO MONICA!
post #388 of 561 Old 11-29-2013, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
^+1
post #389 of 561 Old 11-29-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

As soon I saw that the immunity challenge was yet another weight proportionate grip strength contest I instantly declared Monica the winner.
post #390 of 561 Old 11-29-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

This challenge IMHO was not fair to men. Basing the weight on a % of your body, means its harder on the skin for heavier people. Its different to me than being harder on your muscles.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page