post #181 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Speaking of the idol, it was pretty interesting when Monica burned the clue at the challenge. eek.gif

Interesting, yes .. if she were Russell, she'd not need a clue .. wink.gif

I don't think anyone in her tribe is actually looking for the Idol .. ??

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

So if Monica switched with Brad at the next Redemption, she would play out and if losing, she would go home .. no questions .. and Brad would then join the returning players .. who would then promptly throw a challenge to send him home .. wink.gif

If Monica switches, Brad immediately takes her place on the veteran team (even before the Redemption Challenge begins). She is stranded on Redemption Island and forced to compete for her life in the game each week, and hope that eventually she will make it back into the regular player population. That was the plan that Rupert had, but...

Candice has done a good job of alerting the other tribe of just what kind of player that Brad is. He is "dead man walking" at this point. Monica should just stay where she is.
post #183 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Kat seems to be playing pretty low key this season .. for some reason, I keep thinking she was a big talker last time she was in .. ??

Probably because they haven't lost a challenge yet - we haven't seen any real scheming from that tribe.

I have to say, not only was that an excellent episode - it's amazing how many more layers of strategy there are this season with the family and Redemption Island format. its a bit mind boggling at times.
post #184 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

So if Monica switched with Brad at the next Redemption, she would play out and if losing, she would go home .. no questions .. and Brad would then join the returning players .. who would then promptly throw a challenge to send him home .. wink.gif

Although the teaser showed her asking Brad, I doubt it will happen .. he'll probably say something like "I'm going to show these folks how it's done" or some such ..

was thinking the same thing. strategy wise, it's better for the culpeppers if she stays.

i've been wondering how alliances would form after the merge. the pairs are obvious. the question is can the singles form effective alliances (looks like gervase and tyson are talking).
post #185 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Now that I think about it, did Colton suddenly develop his mysterious illness last time when things were going south for him? I don't remember. He will always wonder why people hate him and not realize it's because he treats everyone like crap. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. This guy needs to grow up and take responsibility for his actions.

Yes, Colon was fine the first time on the show until he reliazed his control of his tribe had slipped away.

Ok, I mistyped Colton but I am leaving it -- Freudian slip!
post #186 of 561 Old 10-10-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Yes, Colon was fine the first time on the show until he reliazed his control of his tribe had slipped away.

Ok, I mistyped Colton but I am leaving it -- Freudian slip!

good slip and better than "I missed Colton, but Im leaving it" smile.gif
post #187 of 561 Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

I don't mind RI combined with the loved ones twist. It seems to be making things somewhat unpredictable and forces the newbies to overthink the game early on. Colon is certainly obnoxious but he has been neutralized by the more savvy players and unless he gets saved by a tribal swap fairly soon he could be playing carnival games on RI. After two episodes there is much less drama this time around compared to last seasons first 5 episodes.

1st appearance of Colon ..
Hughmc likes this.

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #188 of 561 Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Brad is a good strategist, and he was thinking a couple of steps ahead which is good. The bad part is he could not keep his mouth closed. His strategy of hooking back up with the love ones after the merge is smart. The problem is he should never had said that in front of the one guy who does not fit the description. The girls are just trying to hang on to the next day. They will be willing to jump as soon as possible at a tribal, and after the merge.
post #189 of 561 Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

1st appearance of Colon ..

Haha
post #190 of 561 Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Liked: 19
Great tribal.

Survivor 101 on display, anyone on the bottom of an alliance better not ever think they are at the bottom or else they will rebel and try to get a better position in the tribe.Caleb knew he was on the bottom of the alliance and got Brad out before Brad could get him.

The twists have made this season very interesting from a strategic standpoint. In previous season you'd keep Brad in the game at least until the merge for challenges and as a punching bag for the rest of the tribe. While getting rid of worthless players like Ciera and Katie ahead of the merge.
post #191 of 561 Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy7 View Post

Great tribal.

Survivor 101 on display, anyone on the bottom of an alliance better not ever think they are at the bottom or else they will rebel and try to get a better position in the tribe.Caleb knew he was on the bottom of the alliance and got Brad out before Brad could

Caleb made a gutsy move and I think he did it with some class .. it was a Hail Mary that worked .. kudos

Uncle Willie

post #192 of 561 Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44

Since last week's ep I've been thinking about this "loved ones" format and another wrinkle it throws in for viewers.  How does this impact rooting preferences, particularly regarding the couples?  Do I really want to root for a player I would otherwise be happy to see win a million dollars if their SO is someone I really don't want to receive any financial benefit?  Hmmm..... the twist might be making it harder on viewers too!  :p

ron

post #193 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Survivor remains interesting. Its frustrating elements are unlikely to change: worthlessness is rewarded, while merit is often punished.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #194 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sorry to see Laura M go, I enjoyed her gameplay and she is easy on the eyes. Not sure her husband will like her interactions with Aras though! She could pose a threat at RI, but all of these votes are so screwy. Funny thing is she is on the only returnee I don't remember. What season was she on and how far did she make it?

Brad voting out John made zero sense since Candice was already at RI and very small chance for her to ever return to the game. Even Ozzy, who was able to string out RI win after RI win, didn't make it back. It's like they can't get out of their own way when voting and are "over-thinking" and giving too much weight to unrealistic developments and not considering the more immediate focus of avoiding tribal council.
MikeKlim likes this.
post #195 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

Survivor remains interesting. Its frustrating elements are unlikely to change: worthlessness is rewarded, while merit is often punished.

True, it's always been like that but maybe even more so this time around. Watch Tina's and Laura M's daughters advance far, through no real gameplay of their own, just good fortune or basically being so bad that they are not threats.
post #196 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

At the rate things are going, apparently no one feels the need to find an Idol .. any other season, people are scrambling around looking for it and now the only time it even comes up is when a clue is dispensed and immediately fried .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

post #197 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

That's why The Amazing Race has an overall better competition format than Survivor or Big Brother. That being said, I still enjoy Survivor after all of these years.
post #198 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

That's why The Amazing Race has an overall better competition format than Survivor or Big Brother. That being said, I still enjoy Survivor after all of these years.

Yeah .. really, Race is pretty much all competition .. even the small amount of interaction between teams does not give up any really major advantage ..

Survivor, on the other hand, relies on the strategy .. sure, if you keep winning challenges once the merge happens, you can advance great .. and paint a huge target on your back at the same time ..

"Who can I beat at Final Tribal" .. ?? becomes the norm ..

Uncle Willie

post #199 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29

For some reason, I continue to watch.  But, I find none of these people very interesting and don't really care much who wins from this group.  It's pretty obvious a few who have no chance at all and for the rest, meh.  Added to that, no eye candy at all either. 

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #200 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 11:07 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:

At the rate things are going, apparently no one feels the need to find an Idol .. any other season, people are scrambling around looking for it and now the only time it even comes up is when a clue is dispensed and immediately fried .. eek.gif

It's hard to say how much searching has been done, since the limited time edit is less likely to show it unless someone actually finds one. Just another byproduct of redemption island taking so much air time away from them showing other things... But IIRC, I believe they said before the season that they wanted to make them harder to find without clues anyway.  Unfortunately it seems their idea of having the winner of the duels chose who gets the clues has not worked out quite how they probably thought it might though.  Based on the preview it looks like a tribe switch up is coming next week to stir things a bit.

ron

post #201 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I think they should go back to making the clues a "secret" by hiding them again. I agree with the contestants running away from having the clue or idol when everyone knows you have it. It just puts too big of a target on your back. I liked it better when it was a secret that you found the clue and the survivor decided if and who to share this information.

Barry
post #202 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Get rid of clues and idols, get rid of redemption island, go back to real people coming on the show.
mgkdragn and Fyrebird like this.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #203 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Sorry to see Laura M go, I enjoyed her gameplay and she is easy on the eyes. Not sure her husband will like her interactions with Aras though! She could pose a threat at RI, but all of these votes are so screwy. Funny thing is she is on the only returnee I don't remember. What season was she on and how far did she make it?

Laura M was in Samoa with Russell during his first season. She was one of the power players in her tribe and hated Russell when they were both in the merge trible. Laura was very good at puzzles as she is this season made it to the merge and won two individual immunities. She was voted out when Russell got one of her allies to flip on the revote after a tie vote with Natalie.
post #204 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Based on this week's press pics it looks like they ended up with two very different kind of tribes from the shuffle:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s27_press_images_ep6.html

ron

post #205 of 561 Old 10-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy7 View Post

Laura M was in Samoa with Russell during his first season. She was one of the power players in her tribe and hated Russell when they were both in the merge trible. Laura was very good at puzzles as she is this season made it to the merge and won two individual immunities. She was voted out when Russell got one of her allies to flip on the revote after a tie vote with Natalie.

Ah yes, thanks for sharing - that was a memorable season too with Russell pulling a rabbit out of his hat on so many votes.
post #206 of 561 Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Get rid of clues and idols, get rid of redemption island, go back to real people coming on the show.
WaTaGuMp likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #207 of 561 Old 10-19-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Who are these "real people" you refer to? I have to sit through some really frustrating seasons where people do not know how to play the game. If those are "real people" I want no part of that.
post #208 of 561 Old 10-19-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

The one unexpected bonus of this new format is we do not have the automatic "lets get rid of the vets" talk we normally see when they bring back former players. It just hit me last night while I was watching the show that reoccurring narrative is gone this season. As far as gimmicks go this family dynamic have added a lot more layers of strategy than I was thinking going into the season.
post #209 of 561 Old 10-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael252 View Post

Best line of the series so far:

"We got beat by a one armed dude and three moms."

Also:

"F**k you Brad Culpepper."

-- David
post #210 of 561 Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 42
kat, kat, kat. you should have fallen on your sword to have had any chance at tribal. and you will be our of your league with john and laura in the redemption arena. your only hope is if hayden offers to take your place... and he just may be stupid enough to do that.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page