post #271 of 304 Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I'm still watching this show but the fumes seem to be getting stronger. I'm one who is hoping it gets back on track soon.
I blame Katrina.

In season one she was trapped in purgatory. Since she got out it means more chemistry-free scenes with Ichabod when it should be more scenes with Abbie. Plus with Katrina in ghost prison and the angry horseman riding around it meant Crane had a motivation. Now the show is just kind of casually wandering to whatever apocalyptic plan Henry cooks up each week and the horseman doesn't really have any riding to do.

I still enjoy watching whatever Ichabod gets up to though, so all his scenes are fun for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 304 Old 11-11-2014, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 777
It's been awhile since we've seen ol' Headless riding around wreaking havoc and creating carnage. Lately when we see him, it's Abraham, moping around the cottage. Really wish they'd figure out a way to have Clancy Brown return. Perhaps as a ghost helping Abbie. I dunno. Something. All in all I'm still in and enjoy the show.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #273 of 304 Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
So am I the only one frustrated by the apparent lack of progress Crane and Miss Mills are having in the larger plot arc against Henry?
No. I said I wasn't coming back to the bashfest, but I'm growing so impatient with season 2 that now I want to bash the lack of progress. Also, why does Blondie get included in every episode when characters in the main cast only appear every 2 or 3 episodes? The succubus should have killed him to prove the show still has enough spine to whack a glorified extra, but nope! He survived, while Jenny and Frank were, as usual, nowhere to be found.

I'd be all for Katrina becoming a Horse(wo)man if it meant that the season 1 character dynamic might return. I was worried that getting more episodes in season 2 would be a bad thing, and I was right. The sense of urgency for averting the impending apocalypse over the course of a season is totally gone now that Crane and Mills are thwarting Moloch's plans left and right. We're almost down to an apocalypse-of-the-week formula to fill time now, and it's a shame.
post #274 of 304 Old 11-12-2014, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
No. I said I wasn't coming back to the bashfest, but I'm growing so impatient with season 2 that now I want to bash the lack of progress. Also, why does Blondie get included in every episode when characters in the main cast only appear every 2 or 3 episodes? The succubus should have killed him to prove the show still has enough spine to whack a glorified extra, but nope! He survived, while Jenny and Frank were, as usual, nowhere to be found.

I'd be all for Katrina becoming a Horse(wo)man if it meant that the season 1 character dynamic might return. I was worried that getting more episodes in season 2 would be a bad thing, and I was right. The sense of urgency for averting the impending apocalypse over the course of a season is totally gone now that Crane and Mills are thwarting Moloch's plans left and right. We're almost down to an apocalypse-of-the-week formula to fill time now, and it's a shame.
Katrina might be more interesting that way, I thought we were making progress with her but then she went right back to them again.

As for Blondie or whatever his name is, I really see no point in him other than forcing romance when it's not needed at all.
post #275 of 304 Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I agree with everyone: the show is still fun, but it's missing the "je ne sais quoi" that it had in season 1. Let's hope they have something awesome planned for the 2nd half of S2.
Stereodude and Machuran like this.
post #276 of 304 Old 11-18-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well that's typical. The one thing I pointed out last week that I always enjoy was sidelined this week.

Instead we got Blondie being a pointless stand in whose job it was to hold a flashlight and be a token male presence in a scene. Really, what was his contribution after the soup was delivered?

The story was okay and we got some closure on the twins and their mom (and Orlando got something to do), but I thought the actress who played the mother was really overacting and the ending was only an "I'll always be with you as long as you remember me." away from a complete mawkish sentimentality apocalypse.

And hey look, we have a magic star Hell child. You just don't see rapidly growing magic children on television.

post #277 of 304 Old 11-18-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Abbie was particularly perky last night. Good thing this isn't in 3D. Those things'll poke your eye out, man.

post #278 of 304 Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Well that's typical. The one thing I pointed out last week that I always enjoy was sidelined this week.

Instead we got Blondie being a pointless stand in whose job it was to hold a flashlight and be a token male presence in a scene. Really, what was his contribution after the soup was delivered?

The story was okay and we got some closure on the twins and their mom (and Orlando got something to do), but I thought the actress who played the mother was really overacting and the ending was only an "I'll always be with you as long as you remember me." away from a complete mawkish sentimentality apocalypse.

And hey look, we have a magic star Hell child. You just don't see rapidly growing magic children on television.
Yeah, I still don't get what the point of the blonde guy except just being a LI.
post #279 of 304 Old 11-19-2014, 04:09 AM
DDD

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post
I agree with everyone: the show is still fun, but it's missing the "je ne sais quoi" that it had in season 1. Let's hope they have something awesome planned for the 2nd half of S2.
Jenny said what? :-)
post #280 of 304 Old 11-19-2014, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
An episode of Sleepy Hollow without Ichabob is not worth watching, top it all off it was a ghost story. Ugh.

post #281 of 304 Old 11-19-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
An episode of Sleepy Hollow without Ichabob is not worth watching, top it all off it was a ghost story. Ugh.
There was no reason why he had to be sick so he could be replaced by the new guy at all, he didn't even add anything, this was a conflict between the sisters and their mother. .
post #282 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Fox News - Fergerson Coverage

OK Fox News .......breaking into Sleepy to announce the decision was understandable but REALLY the whole reading of the reason for the decision??????? REALLY??????????

And then not to air the show from the point you interrupted? What's up with that? No respect for your viewers? Part one of a two part winter ending was cut in half!!!!!!!!!!

Come on! I'm all for news but this was unreasonable and you should have picked up the show from where you stopped it to it's end.

NOT REASONABLE FOX - COME ON

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #283 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My local channel had a crawl saying coverage was coming up. They threw in weather forecast graphics underneath and a station bug.
Watched the rest of the show on Comcast On Demand.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #284 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Did they do that on the west coast feed(SF market)? I haven't watched it yet as I was going to watch both parts back-to-back next week.
post #285 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I Lol'd at using the phone camera to spy on Medusa

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #286 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

After the news interrupted I just said screw it and hit delete. Will rewatch OnDemand tonight.

post #287 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post
And then not to air the show from the point you interrupted? What's up with that? No respect for your viewers? Part one of a two part winter ending was cut in half!!!!!!!!!!
I watched it using the Fox Now app. They did air it from the break - at least our local did. The only thing that got clipped was Crane saying the word "torches" at the end of "You can never have too many ..."

The ending was severely cut however. The broadcast lost about three or four minutes in the overrun.

Didn't care much for this episode anyway. Apart from the moment when the ending had the immense buildup and they dipped the torch in the oil to a big fizzle which made me laugh, the rest seemed kind of randomly thrown together. Gorgons was a new level of crazy and I don't think it worked. All together it was just another of those episodes in which imminent peril is averted thanks to a new artifact that only came up in conversation that week.

post #288 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked: 830
I purchased it from Amazon since the DC broadcast between 9PM and 10PM had 40 minute sof news coverage. They may have shown the show in it's entirety. I don't know though since my recording ends at 10PM on my TiVos. I had to purchase State of Affairs too for the same reason. No idea why they need to cut in to the shows. WHen I want to see a news broadcast I will watch the news channel.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #289 of 304 Old 11-25-2014, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Did they do that on the west coast feed(SF market)? I haven't watched it yet as I was going to watch both parts back-to-back next week.
Not out here on the west coast - I watched both episodes of Gotham and Sleepy Hollow last night complete and uninterrupted.
Keenan likes this.
post #290 of 304 Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I purchased it from Amazon ...
Hulu also has it if you have a computer hooked up to the TV (or Hulu+).

v/r,
C-F
post #291 of 304 Old 11-26-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Hulu also has it if you have a computer hooked up to the TV (or Hulu+).

v/r,
C-F
My time was limited last night so I didn't want to go the Hulu+ route and have the five to seven minutes worth of commercials. Besides it gave me a good reason to use the new Amazon Prime streaming app on the TiVos.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #292 of 304 Old 11-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Had to resort to Hulu + for the last few minutes. Surprised by one thing, thought for sure Ichabod would use the Gorgon's head to turn Abraham to stone ala Perseus and Medusa. Other than that so-so episode setting up what? They can't defeat Moloch this season can they?? I really liked this show last season and it still has elements left. Crane and Mills are a great pair that I'm glad hasn't been shown to have any romantic chemistry, just equals working together becoming friends. Leave blondie out like they did this ep. Let the sisters work their problems out without adding romantic tensions in to the mix. Unfortunate though that there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between Crane and his erstwhile wife Katrina.
post #293 of 304 Old 12-01-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 125
That answers my question... I wondered if FOX carried the news last week too... I had to watch CBS and ABC shows online due to being cutoff for the overrun by the news coverage. I don't mind it when I know what happened and have a chance to catch up otherwise.

I'll need to check on Gotham as well, depending on when they broke in I don't know if that recording was affected or just Sleepy Hollow.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #294 of 304 Old 12-02-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 40

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #295 of 304 Old 12-02-2014, 11:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well it's good to see that the problems we recognized this season here got noticed in this review too. http://io9.com/sleepy-hollows-fall-f...sho-1665717788

Un-shocking twist which was obviously coming as soon as Henry started getting mean comments from Moloch. It does make you wonder what they can do for the rest of the season. Are we going to have another round of Moloch trying to come up with yet another plan or is Irving going to get something to do and come back as a demonic warrior. Maybe Henry will just rip up the soul contract because he's nice now. If Irving doesn't come back at least Orlando Jones won't have to waste time learning his two lines every episode just to remind the audience he used to be in season one.

I was hoping The Kindred would make an appearance given that it was supposed to be the big battle, but I guess the show forgot about him. Pity they didn't forget about Hawley. They gave him another room to stand in, quietly doing nothing.

Everything about the sword I thought was stupid. The sword prop was terrible - it looked like a big plastic toy in every scene with it's chunky crossguard and apparently no weight - and I know it was supposed to be magical but how come it gave Irving super sword fighting skills? How come the Horseman of War (armor) was so lame in battle? Isn't that supposed to be his forte? Old Henry was superpowering all over the place in his knit cardigan sweater. He should have just gone into battle himself.
Machuran likes this.

post #296 of 304 Old 12-03-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Morlock's demon army sure wasn't very big.
Machuran likes this.
post #297 of 304 Old 12-03-2014, 12:36 PM

That was underwhelming, especially from the villain side: You have Abraham who's been sidelined as a love sick fool pining after Katrina, then you have Henry who just a petulant child with daddy issues, and then you have Moloch who got taken out faster than the monsters of the week episodes. that and you have the main characters do nothing but fail and get tied up.
post #298 of 304 Old 12-03-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Morlock's demon army sure wasn't very big.
...and it looked more like an army of zombies than an army of demons.

I'm kind of hoping that Henry decided to kill Moloch to become the Big Bad himself, rather than deciding to join the good guys. I also thought it was hilarious that Moloch apparently was able to learn English by being born on Earth... or something. I guess the subtitle guy didn't feel like timing all of those lines in Demontongue.
acebreathe likes this.
post #299 of 304 Old 12-03-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Maybe Henry will *pretend* to become a good and faithful son and then try to take over the world. After all, he still has issues with his real parents. Those kinds of feelings don't simply vanish.

Also, maybe we shouldn't assume that killing Moloch's Earthly avatar has any affect on his purgatorial self. Demons can be tricky that way.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #300 of 304 Old 12-04-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
..... Whatever happens next, it will each week seem like an unavoidable end to the world or one of our heroes,, until, of course, someone, about 3/4ths thru the episode, inexplicably mentions a passage in "a book" , which will then be found, read, & allow them to entirely eliminate the threat of the week ...
aaronwt, gprace and Machuran like this.
Reply HDTV Programming