64Likes

post #361 of 408 Old 02-05-2015, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'd think that the writers are setting us up for a story arc for Katrina going to the dark side an maybe/maybe not coming back.
I can already see that based on the spoilers, but I just wish it was handled a lot better than it did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 408 Old 02-05-2015, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
I can already see that based on the spoilers, but I just wish it was handled a lot better than it did.
I'm being less than creative this morning. How could they have handled it?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #363 of 408 Old 02-05-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'm being less than creative this morning. How could they have handled it?
Well how about not spending most of the season with her constantly making the same redemption speeches for Henry/Abraham. There were plenty of ways to have her turn to the dark side especially since her character is shady enough without dropping in some magic book and some warlock that got her ancestor killed, that and it would've helped a lot if her character was written a lot better, she's supposed to be a powerful witch and yet the writing doesn't support that.
post #364 of 408 Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Katrina could be open and honest about her temptations, and still succumb to them temporarily or permanently. She is not a teenager, she is a 200+ year old witch (not sure how purgatory time runs), so she should not be [hiding things, running off to see a boy, aiding his escape, then defending this boy her parents disapprove of, and now sneaking around to drink and smoke cigarettes].

I think the show would be better off if the writers had not fell back on the "s/he's got a secret" crutch (given that I am criticizing a skill I couldn't do as well as they have done). One of my favorite things was Crane's immediate admission that he was prophesied to betray Mills. But now the writing has introduced "tension" in their relationship as well. Regardless of whether Katrina goes over to the dark side (they have cookies), I would like to see Mills and Crane get back to openly communicating important issues and concerns.

v/r,
C-F
Machuran likes this.
post #365 of 408 Old 02-05-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Katrina could be open and honest about her temptations, and still succumb to them temporarily or permanently. She is not a teenager, she is a 200+ year old witch (not sure how purgatory time runs), so she should not be [hiding things, running off to see a boy, aiding his escape, then defending this boy her parents disapprove of, and now sneaking around to drink and smoke cigarettes].

v/r,
C-F
Exactly and it's disappointing that this is what her character ended up being after getting out of purgatory.
post #366 of 408 Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 542
I have a question about the previous episode: when Irving looked in the mirror, I'm pretty sure he had no reflection. I assume that everyone else can see him in mirrors, or else he didn't get a very thorough medical exam, so are we just supposed to assume this is one of those "mirrors reflecting your true self" tropes, except only for the audience's benefit? Obviously he's evil, now that he's given Henry the book.
post #367 of 408 Old 02-07-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad he is back, but I saw that as well. When he approached Mills at the car, I expected to see it again and for him to start down the introspective route (am I evil or not? If "evil" folks also believe in what they are doing, could I actually tell if my alignment has shifted?). But we have confirmation of straight up "evil", so I have no idea why they spent the effort to create that effect. I guess he could have an amulet that causes everyone else to perceive his reflections (it could glow blue, the complement to the orange one)?

v/r,
C-F
post #368 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 40
They have taken this show from most of the things that made it popular in season 1. Added characters that took away from the main characters like that holly dude. He sucked. Katrina was better as a character on the fringes. Headless with a head and talking took away from his aura. Not too many flashbacks of civil war times. So much more. The Irving storyline has been awful. They are attempting to fix things in the last few episodes. Hopefully it's not too late. BTW, John Noble should never have been a main character. They realized that obviously.
Machuran likes this.
post #369 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
They have taken this show from most of the things that made it popular in season 1. Added characters that took away from the main characters like that holly dude. He sucked. Katrina was better as a character on the fringes. Headless with a head and talking took away from his aura. Not too many flashbacks of civil war times. So much more. The Irving storyline has been awful. They are attempting to fix things in the last few episodes. Hopefully it's not too late. BTW, John Noble should never have been a main character. They realized that obviously.
Exactly, they turned Moloch into a chump and got rid of him, got rid of the apocalypse and then turned it into an atypical creature of the week that feels like Supernatural leftovers, turned Headless into a whiny lovesick fool, turned Henry into a temper tantrum throwing kid with parental issues, etc. It's been a complete and utter mess, they've been trying to fix it, it's just that too much damage has already been done.
post #370 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 828
Hmmm, glad I bailed when I did, back at the beginning of the season. Saved a few hours for better shows.

Maybe one of the big problems with a show like this is too many episodes because of the 22 ep broadcast network workload. They're forced to create so much filler they can't sustain a vibrant and compelling plotline.
post #371 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 02:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
I hope they didn't have many flashbacks to the Civil War Times.

I hope it gets renewed for another season. I'm still enjoying it. It's still show I watch the night it airs.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #372 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I hope they didn't have many flashbacks to the Civil War Times.

I hope it gets renewed for another season. I'm still enjoying it. It's still show I watch the night it airs.
If you watched last night's ep you wont have to worry about flashbacks anymore
post #373 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Henry is dead and Katrina is the new antagonist. Hmm, I dunno. Could be interesting to see Abbie back in colonial times. Will be good to see ol' headless, albeit with his head, again

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #374 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Henry is dead and Katrina is the new antagonist. Hmm, I dunno. Could be interesting to see Abbie back in colonial times. Will be good to see ol' headless, albeit with his head, again
I think so too as Katrina will know who she is while Crane will not. Definitely a changeup from the same old Sleepy Hollow of today. Hopefully it will last more than an episode or two, of course it's probably more expensive to produce given the period set pieces and costumes, here's hoping though as this show really needs a shot in the arm to get me back next season.
post #375 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I think so too as Katrina will know who she is while Crane will not. Definitely a changeup from the same old Sleepy Hollow of today. Hopefully it will last more than an episode or two, of course it's probably more expensive to produce given the period set pieces and costumes, here's hoping though as this show really needs a shot in the arm to get me back next season.
Based on the time travel for finale, I'm guessing this is some sort of reset for the series, I don't expect Abbie being in the past to last too long.
post #376 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 04:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Based on the time travel for finale, I'm guessing this is some sort of reset for the series, I don't expect Abbie being in the past to last too long.
You're probably right, she'll be stuck there by the end of the finale and return in the first episode next season - boring.
Machuran likes this.
post #377 of 408 Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
If you watched last night's ep you wont have to worry about flashbacks anymore
I think his point is that it is not the Civil War but the Revolutionary War. I liked this episode and the one before it. It does seem that they are trying to get the show back on track and I agree with Machuran this last ep is basically a reboot. I still enjoy the show for the most part and just hope that this reboot isn't too little too late.
Machuran likes this.
post #378 of 408 Old 02-18-2015, 08:47 AM

whoops rev war. i think it my be too late. On foxnow you have to look for sleepy hollow. it's not on top row with gotham, empire, etc. last time I checked.
post #379 of 408 Old 02-18-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
whoops rev war. i think it my be too late. On foxnow you have to look for sleepy hollow. it's not on top row with gotham, empire, etc. last time I checked.
Sleepy Hollow has lost a lot of ground this season so it makes sense. Empire is a huge hit and Gotham is doing better so it's no surprise there.
post #380 of 408 Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You're probably right, she'll be stuck there by the end of the finale and return in the first episode next season - boring.
read an interview this morning w Tom Mison that says there is a "level of finality in the season finale".
post #381 of 408 Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
read an interview this morning w Tom Mison that says there is a "level of finality in the season finale".
So the time travel is only temporary for this episode.
post #382 of 408 Old 02-20-2015, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think so too as Katrina will know who she is while Crane will not.
Has modern Katrina taken over the body of past Katrina, or are there two Katrinas running around now?
post #383 of 408 Old 02-20-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Has modern Katrina taken over the body of past Katrina, or are there two Katrinas running around now?
The former, the scene had Katrina looking at herself in a mirror saying that she's back and that she'll protect her son.
post #384 of 408 Old 02-20-2015, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm I guess you're right. If there were two Katrinas, I guess she would have appeared in her modern clothes the way Abbie did.
post #385 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Hmm I guess you're right. If there were two Katrinas, I guess she would have appeared in her modern clothes the way Abbie did.
True, I guess it's because she didn't exist in the past so there was nothing to go back to. I wonder what might change in the present day with this time travel plot though.
post #386 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe Mills becomes her own grandma!

Not that it makes much difference since Katrina is determined to muck around with time, but if Mills is worried about the timeline, the one person she should *not* speak with is Crane. However, a word to one of the Founding Fathers about some off-site backup copies of the books in the fenestella might be helpful, as they could remain hidden safely away without changing anything.

v/r,
C-F

Last edited by CANNON-FODDER; 02-21-2015 at 07:49 AM.
post #387 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Or it could all just be an illusion generated by some powerful daemonic force that they haven't mentioned before.

Selden

Marantz SR7009+MM9000/Atmos 7.1.4 (FH+TM:DefTech PM1000)/LCR+TM amped
post #388 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think so. Katrina specifically said she used the time travel spell mentioned in an earlier episode.
post #389 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I don't think so. Katrina specifically said she used the time travel spell mentioned in an earlier episode.
Yeah, that's what happened in her last scene.
post #390 of 408 Old 02-21-2015, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been expecting some kind of time travel or alternate reality story line simply because Sleepy Hollow is from the creators of Fringe. This show is beyond hokey at this point, and hopefully next season is the last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page