Forum Jump: 
 69Likes
post #391 of 418 Old 02-21-2015, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 568
I'd be fine with this season being the last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 418 Old 02-22-2015, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post
I've been expecting some kind of time travel or alternate reality story line simply because Sleepy Hollow is from the creators of Fringe. This show is beyond hokey at this point, and hopefully next season is the last.
I've enjoyed that in that show, hopefully this is good enough.
post #393 of 418 Old 02-22-2015, 09:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Yippee! The show's writers are Doctor Who fans and that the show was listed first among the fictional time travelers.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #394 of 418 Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Great show in season 1. Season 2 lost it's way. End of season 2 finale looks like they are getting back to the two sisters, crane, and irving. which is what season 1 was all about. Finale also seemed like a series finale if FOX decides not to renew. I'd like to see a season 3 back on the right track.
aaronwt likes this.
post #395 of 418 Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Great show in season 1. Season 2 lost it's way. End of season 2 finale looks like they are getting back to the two sisters, crane, and irving. which is what season 1 was all about. Finale also seemed like a series finale if FOX decides not to renew. I'd like to see a season 3 back on the right track.
Definitely a major reset back to S1, hopefully with a better try next time.
post #396 of 418 Old 02-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 61
+1. Yep, clearly they just didn't have any ideas for S2 and really floundered. A shame after how tight S1 was. Let's hope they put some creative energy into S3, or just cancel it - I don't need another season wasted like S2.
Machuran likes this.
post #397 of 418 Old 02-24-2015, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 55
+2. Hope they get a season 3. What I would do if I were Fox is cut it back to 13 episodes, 6 or 7 in the fall, then take a break see where the show is at. If it looks like it has recovered fine greenlight the rest with an eye toward season 4, if not tell them to wrap it up in the remaining 6 or just cancel it outright.I think they deserve to see if they can get back on track. This last episode was a step in the right direction. Sorry to see Katia go but Katrina was a character the writers never seemed to get a grip on, and she probably should have stayed in purgatory. John Noble deserved better too.
post #398 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
And with Katrina gone, the Horseman can revert to being a near unstoppable force of un-nature again, instead of a moody mooning teenager. At least at night...

v/r,
C-F
Machuran likes this.
post #399 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 48
.. It bother me that Crane's wife could turn on him so quickly ...
They set them up originally, as "the couple who's love lasts forever" ..
She endured centuries of not wanting the dark side in Purgatory, when it was right in front of her, wanting her husband , ect , and within a couple/few of episodes she is suddenly their arch evil nemesis who is willing to kill them ...
If they wanted her out of the show it would have been better if she died saving Crane, was killed by her son or fell into another dimension of no return .....
acebreathe likes this.
post #400 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
She endured centuries of not wanting the dark side in Purgatory, when it was right in front of her, wanting her husband , ect , and within a couple/few of episodes she is suddenly their arch evil nemesis who is willing to kill them ...
If they wanted her out of the show it would have been better if she died saving Crane, was killed by her son or fell into another dimension of no return .....
It was definitely a messy reset that the writers did, which is why it lacked the proper build up/set up that it actually needed.
acebreathe likes this.
post #401 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 04:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 624
This was easily the best and most fun episode of the season. I was hoping they would go back in time early in season one and frankly the premise would have worked better then. It's a pity they didn't just establish a portal so they could go back and forth. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the history is the most unique component of this show. How it affects the future and how they twist it in the past. Otherwise it's just typical monster-hunting. Monster-hunting in period costume and with muskets is far more interesting.

The writers really screwed the potential of last season this year with charisma-free Katrina, whiny headless and pointless Henry. Henry's death last week was just very lame. With all his power he just got shot and died. At least this week the death of Katrina had some emotional resonance, but that was all on Tom Mison who never fails to deliver. With both of them dead, Irving being magically cured and Hawley going "out of town" for an undisclosed time the past few episodes felt like a major course correction. A welcome change for sure, but another example of how rudderless and clumsy the plotting has been this season.

With the production hassles, slipping ratings and generally mixed reception to this season I'm not expecting it back. If it does return I hope they try to use their premise more effectively and not just become another quirky spook detective show.

post #402 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the history is the most unique component of this show. How it affects the future and how they twist it in the past. Otherwise it's just typical monster-hunting. Monster-hunting in period costume and with muskets is far more interesting.

If it does return I hope they try to use their premise more effectively and not just become another quirky spook detective show.
Agreed, it's what makes this show unique.
post #403 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
+2. Hope they get a season 3. What I would do if I were Fox is cut it back to 13 episodes, 6 or 7 in the fall, then take a break see where the show is at. If it looks like it has recovered fine greenlight the rest with an eye toward season 4, if not tell them to wrap it up in the remaining 6 or just cancel it outright.I think they deserve to see if they can get back on track. This last episode was a step in the right direction. Sorry to see Katia go but Katrina was a character the writers never seemed to get a grip on, and she probably should have stayed in purgatory. John Noble deserved better too.
The second season was supposed to be something like 13 episodes. But Fox kept expanding the number of shows for the season. That may have been part of the problem they had issues. SInce they had to come up with more story lines and had to extend it.
I do hope it comes back for one or more seasons. I did really enjoy the last episode.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #404 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The second season was supposed to be something like 13 episodes. But Fox kept expanding the number of shows for the season. That may have been part of the problem they had issues. SInce they had to come up with more story lines and had to extend it.
I do hope it comes back for one or more seasons. I did really enjoy the last episode.
I guess that's part of it, that and the writers clearly had no plans whatsoever, especially once Moloch was defeated.
CANNON-FODDER and acebreathe like this.
post #405 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, it was pretty unbelievable. Some random warlock shows up and says, "You know, you should really try being evil. It's the bee's knees," and Katrina just stands there for a moment, blinks, then says, "Okey dokey!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
SInce they had to come up with more story lines and had to extend it.
We can't blame season 2's floundering entirely on the extra length, but it certainly didn't help. The writers clearly had no idea what to do after Moloch was dead, as that was pretty clearly the intended stopping point for the season. The show lacked purpose after that, but the execution of the season's first half was pretty poor, too. Moloch became more of a demonic clown than a real threat as Mills and Crane thwarted plot after plot. The season didn't build properly the way season 1 did, even in the first half.
post #406 of 418 Old 02-25-2015, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I generally agree with your assessment except that I think her anger/grief that was directed at Crane blaming him for Henry's death was believable as was her plan to go back in time to make sure Crane dies and Henry lives. What i didn't buy was her switching over to the dark side after a suggestion by a warlock that did damage to her family and their coven, and her wanting to kill pretty much everyone.If the switch had played out over a few episodes it would have been a little more believable. I do like the idea of her falling into another dimension.
post #407 of 418 Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
On a lighter note, I thought it was the Horseman aspect when Henry/Jeremy disintegrated as soon as he died. But since Katrina also disintegrated, and Henry/Jeremy appeared at a climactic moment -- does this mean Witchbreed = Force? Is that what happened to Obi Wan's body under the robes?

v/r,
C-F
post #408 of 418 Old 02-26-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Yeah, it was pretty unbelievable. Some random warlock shows up and says, "You know, you should really try being evil. It's the bee's knees," and Katrina just stands there for a moment, blinks, then says, "Okey dokey!"
Exactly, my main problem is that they had to have other villain characters to have her turn evil and she does with no hesitation whatsoever.

Quote:
We can't blame season 2's floundering entirely on the extra length, but it certainly didn't help. The writers clearly had no idea what to do after Moloch was dead, as that was pretty clearly the intended stopping point for the season. The show lacked purpose after that, but the execution of the season's first half was pretty poor, too. Moloch became more of a demonic clown than a real threat as Mills and Crane thwarted plot after plot. The season didn't build properly the way season 1 did, even in the first half.
Without the threat of Moloch/the apocalypse/Horsemen, this may as well be a Supernatural/Buffy/Angel wannabe, it lacks any threat of urgency when we see them fighting off fodders.

They pretty much ruined all the major villains: turned Headless into a whiny love sick fool obsessed with Katrina, turned Henry into a whiny petulant brat with parental issues which is what Moloch's defeat essentially was, and then they turned Moloch into a chump after bringing him back. The witnesses don't even get to do anything important at all with this storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
What i didn't buy was her switching over to the dark side after a suggestion by a warlock that did damage to her family and their coven, and her wanting to kill pretty much everyone.If the switch had played out over a few episodes it would have been a little more believable. I do like the idea of her falling into another dimension.
Agreed, her coven wasn't a priority until when it needed to be for her sudden evil turn. Instead of what they did with her character earlier in the series: constantly getting damsel-ed, make the same repetitive redemption speeches over and over again, etc. This would've been the time to actually build this up properly.
CANNON-FODDER likes this.

Last edited by Machuran; 03-18-2015 at 06:16 PM.
post #409 of 418 Old 03-18-2015, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

From HOTP -- Sleepy Hullo! has been renewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
TV/Nielsen Notes
‘Sleepy Hollow’ Renewed by Fox for Season 3
By Tony Maglio, TheWrap.com - Mar. 18, 2015

“Sleepy Hollow” will ride again — Fox has renewed the series for a third season.

The supernatural show’s third run will see “The Glades” creator Clifton Campbell replacing now-former showrunner Mark Goffman at the helm. Campbell also co-executive produced “White Collar.”

Goffman bailed last week for an overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Under the new pact, Goffman will supervise and develop new projects for the studio.

“’Sleepy Hollow’ is truly inventive television. The talented producers – led by Alex, Bob, Len and Heather – along with the brilliant cast, anchored by Nicole and Tom, have created a fantastic world that brings ‘history’ to life with compelling and vibrant storytelling,” said Fox Entertainment President David Madden. “I had the pleasure of working with Clifton on both ‘The Glades’ and ‘White Collar.’ He is an excellent producer, and we can’t wait to see what this team has in store for Season Three.”

Season 2 of “Sleepy” ended with Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) and Lieutenant Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) achieving a decisive victory over evil. Crane was driven to kill his wife, Katrina Crane (Katia Winter) — but with good reason and intentions. That opened the door for a potential Season 3 Crane/Mills love story, which many fans have been waiting for.

From K/O Paper Products in association with 20th Century Fox Television, “Sleepy Hollow” is co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and Len Wiseman. The series is executive-produced by Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman, Heather Kadin and Campbell.

“Sleepy” was a hit show in its freshman season, but not so much in the follow-up one. Despite having “Gotham” as a lead-in for Fall 2014’s sophomore run, the time-travel show hit a rough patch in the ratings.
The Season 2 finale on Feb. 23, 2015 posted a 1.4/4 and 4.4 million viewers, according to Nielsen’s Live + Same Day fast national numbers. For comparison, Season 1’s two-hour finale on Jan. 20, 2014 posted a 2.3 and 6.9 million viewers.

It’s also significantly down in overall delayed viewing. Over the 2013-14 season, “Sleepy Hollow” averaged a 3.3 rating and 9 million total viewers, per most current (Live + 7 Day) ratings. For the 2014-15 season, the Fox drama brought in a 2.2 and 6.1 million viewers per episode.

http://www.thewrap.com/sleepy-hollow...-for-season-3/
aaronwt likes this.
post #410 of 418 Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
From HOTP -- Sleepy Hullo! has been renewed.
Thanks good news.
post #411 of 418 Old 03-19-2015, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
"......That opened the door for a potential Season 3 Crane/Mills love story, which many fans have been waiting for."

I really hope they don't go there, please!!

A much better twist with good potential comedic moments is to bring a new female regular that Crane falls for...
BroadwayBlues likes this.
post #412 of 418 Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 38
"Oh, Crane!"
"Oh, Leftenant!"
aaronwt, Stereodude and acebreathe like this.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #413 of 418 Old 03-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Crane/Mills love story? Isn't that what killed Moonlighting? And Castle? And a bunch of other shows?

How about a real good villain story? That would be great for season 3.
post #414 of 418 Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnetop View Post
"......That opened the door for a potential Season 3 Crane/Mills love story, which many fans have been waiting for."

I really hope they don't go there, please!!

A much better twist with good potential comedic moments is to bring a new female regular that Crane falls for...
I agree, please don't go there. It makes me wonder if the writers have run out of ideas, a Crane/Mills love story sounds like a desperation move to me.
post #415 of 418 Old 03-21-2015, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Exactly, my main problem is that they had to have other villain characters to have her turn evil and she does with no hesitation whatsoever.
Look at the bright side. They killed her off so she can't ruin next season.
post #416 of 418 Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Look at the bright side. They killed her off so she can't ruin next season.
I guess, I'm hoping they'll actually take advantage of the reset from the finale and make next season better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post
How about a real good villain story? That would be great for season 3.
Exactly, the villains have all been a big disappointment, each one worse than the other.
post #417 of 418 Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post
Crane/Mills love story? Isn't that what killed Moonlighting? And Castle? And a bunch of other shows?
Castle is a long why from dead. The series is just as great as ever.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #418 of 418 Unread Today, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Castle is a long why from dead. The series is just as great as ever.
I got tired of the show's predictability and personally I thought it changed for the worse when the Castle & Beckett started dating. But to each his own, and I do think that the general thought on Moonlighting remains true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page