Sleepy Hollow on Fox - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 220 Old 01-29-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I read that earlier today. Good news on both counts. I became a fan of Noble on Fringe even though I had seen him elsewhere (like Lord of the Rings)... but I hadn't seen the girl playing the "crazy" sister before. She has something of a star-to-be quality about her in the scenes she is in on this show.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The actress playing the crazy sister played Sonja on nikita berkoffs girlfriend
post #213 of 220 Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 259
The two-week dearth of programming gave me a chance to catch up with this, and I love it. Among other things, I'm glad that they brought all the main players into the fold quickly; I can't stand it when half of the characters wastes time hiding what's really going on from the other half (Grimm?) in every episode, so bringing Frank into the know quickly was a good move. I also appreciate that the characters actually trust each other, which seems particularly rare in shows such as these. Whenever characters get threatened by the enemy, the typical response is for them to hide it to create a faux sense of danger, but instead Frank tells everyone about the demon so they can protect Washington's Bible, and Crane tells Mills about Moloch's prophecy. Well done on both counts. Also, it has a theme song. This makes me happy. smile.gif They even dropped the procedural police elements within the first dozen episodes, which puts filler-fests like Fringe to shame. Combined with John Noble and Lyndie Greenwood joining the main cast next season, I can't wait. It may be more silly than scary, but it's too much fun to miss it either way.

If anyone does decide to get the DVD/Blu-ray of season 1, check the first two episodes to see if they retconned the "Revelations" gaffe in the dialogue. I noticed from the third episode that they dubbed Abbie's line to correct her into saying "Revelation" (Contgratulations! You beat Zero Hour!) in the "previously" segments, but you can see that they didn't re-shoot the scene, as her teeth still move to make the "s". biggrin.gif
post #214 of 220 Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

They even dropped the procedural police elements within the first dozen episodes, which puts filler-fests like Fringe to shame.

To be fair to the first season of Fringe (on which I agree with you) if that first season has only been 13 episodes long they may have got to the good stuff much sooner too.

If short seasons means getting to the point sooner and it's a trend that picks up on network we get more shows with less filler. Almost Human take note. wink.gif

You might want to edit your post to "first few episodes" given that a dozen episodes of Sleepy Hollow was the entire season, but I got what you meant. wink.gif

post #215 of 220 Old 02-17-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Fringe was a crime drama for at least the first three seasons. Season finales and premieres visited more interesting premises, and then those elements got put on the back burner again to make room for more generic cop episodes. Sleepy Hollow has been worlds better in that regard, at least thus far. If the second season gets bumped to 20+ episodes, then I fear it will follow a similar path. frown.gif
post #216 of 220 Old 02-18-2014, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Fringe was a crime drama for at least the first three seasons. Season finales and premieres visited more interesting premises, and then those elements got put on the back burner again to make room for more generic cop episodes. Sleepy Hollow has been worlds better in that regard, at least thus far. If the second season gets bumped to 20+ episodes, then I fear it will follow a similar path. frown.gif
It's already been confirmed it will only be 13 episodes as they feel it's the right #
post #217 of 220 Old 05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

It's already been confirmed it will only be 13 episodes as they feel it's the right #

So much for this. The second season has already been extended to 15-18 episodes. Bring on the Moloch's Minions filler! rolleyes.gif
post #218 of 220 Old 05-07-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Yup, when I saw that I wondered about dilution as well.
post #219 of 220 Old 05-07-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So much for this. The second season has already been extended to 15-18 episodes. Bring on the Moloch's Minions filler! rolleyes.gif

I'm not worried yet because there is still a lot of untapped potential in the characters and setting. If the show makes use of those elements wisely then it could yield some good material. As I've mentioned before the historical time period is ripe for unique story ideas (AMC made it into an entire series and they don't even have monsters!) and the characters themselves are funny and charismatic enough to bounce a comedy episode around just based on them. Ichabod goes shopping could be the new "Napoleon goes to the mall" from Bill and Ted. biggrin.gif

post #220 of 220 Old 07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Season two news (and minor spoilers) from the TCA press tour.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/press-tou...abod-and-abbie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page