post #241 of 245 Old 09-26-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I chuckled when Ichabod tried recording a last message for Abbie and his phone's memory was full.
That and the "no signal" clearly demonstrated the writers were thinking about some semblance of realism with Crane's position even if it was for comedy effect. Which made the fact they just let Crane walk away relatively easy and unscathed from his dirt bomb kind of lazy.

Even if they didn't bother to give him some external injuries from an exploding lid, they really missed comedy potential by not giving him temporary deafness for half of the episode. That would have made made his interactions with Jenny a bit more colorful instead of just basic plot progression.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 245 Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Even if they didn't bother to give him some external injuries from an exploding lid, they really missed comedy potential by not giving him temporary deafness for half of the episode. That would have made made his interactions with Jenny a bit more colorful instead of just basic plot progression.
That would have been clever. Also funny would have been if they had stayed a little bit more on the realistic side, let some kids wandering by find him, dig him up, and then play up the interaction with them as he tries to explain his predicament and his clothes to a couple of modern kids. He's really had no interaction with them during the run of this show, as I recall.

Honestly, how do they miss these opportunities? Why am I not a Hollywood dramaturge?
post #243 of 245 Old 09-26-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
That would have been clever. Also funny would have been if they had stayed a little bit more on the realistic side, let some kids wandering by find him, dig him up, and then play up the interaction with them as he tries to explain his predicament and his clothes to a couple of modern kids. He's really had no interaction with them during the run of this show, as I recall.
That would have been good too and if the show hadn't tried to squeeze the whole thing into one episode they might have had time. Unless the kids dug too slowly and Crane suffocated before he could be rescued, like the woman who was accidentally buried alive in Greece this week.

For some reason all the cliffhangers had to be resolved this week with no rest to stop and dig up the Ichabods. Maybe the grand season plan will be more evident next week and we can better judge if it was worth rushing through the story this week.

post #244 of 245 Old 09-26-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great Fall Show

Great show especially around Halloween. I guess the show is somewhat based on their version of the Book of Revelations. Interested to see more and where they are going with this plot.
post #245 of 245 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

An animated suit of armor with a flaming sword and a headless soldier fighting a reanimated corpse with the headless soldier's head.

You just don't see that on television much these days.

The sheer crazy of having that scene on Fox in prime time just had me grinning at the screen. I really wish they had made The Kindred part of the Scooby Gang permanently as a zombie crime fighter and had him around every week trying to blend in at crime scenes. At least he's still around. I can see the flesh growing back and The Kindred returning with Abraham's head to be a more vocal member of the gang. It wouldn't be as crazy but it would give Neil Jackson the chance to play two different characters for some fun scenes.

Also happy to see Orlando Jones is still in the show and seems to be involved in a new story arc. Katrina on the other hand I feel is a complete waste of time. She spent most of the season as a damsel in distress and now after all the long and tedious chemistry-free attempts of Ichabod to rescue her she volunteers to stay behind.

Also, H.P. Lovecraft. Nice.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page