post #361 of 583 Old 02-19-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

Ready for the 24th to get here and resume the story.

Agreed. Too long of a break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 583 Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 101
If it weren't for The Following's silliness on Monday, well, back to it next Monday at last
Young C likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #363 of 583 Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Nice red dress agent Keene!

So Red gets the coordinates, trades them for the effigy, and let's the lady on the blacklist off the hook, and she goes to Florence? First time a 'blacklister' is not caught or killed.

Next week looks exciting.
Young C likes this.
post #364 of 583 Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM

.....and it appears she has the $$$$ painting.
Young C likes this.
post #365 of 583 Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
I love the awesomely talented Jennifer Ehle, who portrayed Madeline Pratt in this week's episode. I have admired her work since she starred in the great (and I use the word advisedly) BBC miniseries, Pride and Prejudice, in 1995. Ehle has won a couple of Tony Awards and also frequently works in London's West End. She also had an important role in Zero Dark Thirty.I really hope we see more of her in The Blacklist. She s the first cast member who I have seen in The Blacklist who I think has the chops to keep up with James Spader. By comparison with Ehle the rest of the cast, save Spader, are spear carriers.
Young C likes this.
post #366 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
This show is getting tedious.
Young C likes this.
post #367 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Spader way over doing it last night at times. Keene in the red dress...ok that was worth the hour. Will wait and see where it goes with the investigation of the murder of Fleming being shut down. Obviously Tom and that other girl are going to hook up
Young C likes this.
post #368 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

This show is getting tedious.

That's why I hope to see more of Jennifer Ealy in the show. Except for Spader, the regular cast is underwhelming. The addition of Ealy, a top of the line actress, could only help.
Young C likes this.
post #369 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I'm starting to think it's better not to read the threads for shows I like. Sheesh, way too many Debbie Downers around here.
Young C, ambesolman and JSUL like this.
post #370 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

I'm starting to think it's better not to read the threads for shows I like. Sheesh, way too many Debbie Downers around here.

Didn't mean to rain on your parade. I still enjoy The Blacklist. Spader by himself is enough to guarantee that I will keep coming back, despite the relative weakness of his supporting cast. Spader is such an overwhelmingly charismatic actor that he tends to make other actors, almost all of whom have considerably less magnetism, seem insignificant, even untalented. That's why I thought Spader's performances on Boston Legal with William Shatner were so wonderful. Shatner is the same kind of megawatt showboat that Spader is so when they performed together, fun broke out. In The Blacklist, alas, not so much.
Young C likes this.
post #371 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Sorry, I wasn’t pointing at anyone in particular, it was more of a general statement. It’s my own fault because I sometimes find myself being influenced by the negative comments on shows I like and it takes away my enjoyment of it.
Young C likes this.
post #372 of 583 Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
^^I know what you mean. I've started to read fewer threads on shows I like for that reason as well. I don't want to dissect every little part. I want to relax and enjoy the show - even more so if it's mindless entertainment that let's my brain rest after 10-11 hours of work.
Young C, tomhunter8 and JSUL like this.
post #373 of 583 Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 73
LOL Red.. always has something up his sleeve.

Good episode this past week.
post #374 of 583 Old 03-02-2014, 01:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
the flamboyant scene should earn Spader an Emmy.

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #375 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Well now we are getting somewhere. Finally time to move the story of Tom along rather then just a criminal of the week event, even though I have to admit the criminal of the week story was a good one this week. Show is off next week but back on the 17th.
post #376 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I didn't find this week's blacklister very intriguing but the ending of the episode was stunning! Red's protestations were confirmed in the most unexpected way.
post #377 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I guess "Lucy!Jolene" is Red's employee or something? he mentioned he sent her to finish some job... I guess if the job was to unmask Tom it worked

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #378 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Good episode on Monday and it's never a bad thing to have Dianne Wiest do a guest shot. If the teaser is any indication in two weeks it's going to hit the fan in regards to what Tom's real story is. Did anyone get a look at the woman that Tom was whomping on? I couldn't really tell if it was Lizzie or Jolene/Lucy. It's key because was Tom telling "Juicy" that Lizzie was merely his assignment because it's was so or was he telling her that to convince her that it was so. Looks like it's going to be a killer show (literally as well as figuratively) smile.gif
post #379 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

Good episode on Monday and it's never a bad thing to have Dianne Wiest do a guest shot. If the teaser is any indication in two weeks it's going to hit the fan in regards to what Tom's real story is. Did anyone get a look at the woman that Tom was whomping on? I couldn't really tell if it was Lizzie or Jolene/Lucy. It's key because was Tom telling "Juicy" that Lizzie was merely his assignment because it's was so or was he telling her that to convince her that it was so. Looks like it's going to be a killer show (literally as well as figuratively) smile.gif
That was very nice seeing seeing Diane Wiest, as you note, always a plus, and she still looks great too!
post #380 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That was very nice seeing seeing Diane Wiest, as you note, always a plus, and she still looks great too!

Haven't seen this week's episode yet, so am trying to avoid reading too much here before I do see it. Did want to comment, though, that learning of Diane Wiest's presence in the episode makes me look forward to it. It's not often that a two time Oscar winner like Wiest show up as guest stars in a TV series. Last week Jennifer Ehle, one of my favorite actresses, this week the toweringly talented Diane Wiest. Not too shabby! smile.gif
Keenan likes this.
post #381 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM

Have to admit, when it comes to guest stars, this show leads the pack by quite a distance.
post #382 of 583 Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

Have to admit, when it comes to guest stars, this show leads the pack by quite a distance.

Yeah, based on the show's track record of having Ehle one week and Wiest the next, we can only hope that this is a trend and not an aberration.

By the way, I watched my BD of Steven Spielberg's wonderful film, Lincoln, again last night. I was again blown away by James Spader's performance as the sleazy but charming real life political fixer, W.N. Bilbo. Spader by himself in The Blacklist is enough for me but when top of the line actors are added to his supporting cast I am a really happy camper.
JSUL likes this.
post #383 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Whose version of "Jolene" played near the end of the episode?
post #384 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Alison Krause is my guess.
post #385 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

After fearing that this week's episode would end in a trite and predictable way, the writers put a twist on it that I thought was well done. I was thinking that Jolene, or whatever her name really was, was a hit woman who was going to kill Lizzy's husband, Tom. Indeed, I think that might have been her plan for a while. But when Tom said he had expressed love for his wife because that was his job, Jolene changed her mind. It was also a relief to finally have confirmed that Tom isn't the hapless, doofus, schoolteacher he has been holding himself out to be.

As over the top as the Mystery of the Week part of the story was, I really enjoyed Diane Wiest as the Judge. It was also fun to see Lance Reddick as one of Red's helpers in this week's show.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season although, in this day and time 22 episodes seem excessive. I hope NBC calls for fewer episodes next season.
post #386 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I am looking forward to the rest of the season although, in this day and time 22 episodes seem excessive. I hope NBC calls for fewer episodes next season.

What? Blasphemy! You can never have too much Red! biggrin.gif

I, on the other hand, can't stand when shows are 8-12 weeks and then over. You wait 9-10 months for them to return, and then poof, they are over as soon as they started. As long as they don't have a bunch of filler episodes, I prefer the longer seasons. There has only been one episode that I didn't really care for. As big of a hit as this show has been, I don't see NBC wanting to have a short season for it.
post #387 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

Whose version of "Jolene" played near the end of the episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYHllLv_IE
post #388 of 583 Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

As big of a hit as this show has been, I don't see NBC wanting to have a short season for it.

Alas, I fear you are right in predicting that next season's The Blacklist will again have 22 episodes.
post #389 of 583 Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
No comments on Monday's episode yet? I thought it was so bad I must vent about it here so obviously spoilers will abound.

The 2 biggest problems:

1. So the Taneda guy is killing all the agents who put him away and who he thinks killed his brother. He says he will spare the first agent's family if he commits suicide, which he does and we have no reason to think he didn't actually do. Why then when he has the opportunity to shoot Ressler does he suddenly decide to shoot his girlfriend instead? And then when Ressler rushes to her, why doesn't he shoot Ressler then? Made no sense.

2. Why on earth did Tom kill the lady agent/pretend teacher whose name I forget? They both work for the same mysterious Berlin organization. Apparently she was sent to check up on him. I would think killing someone sent to check up on you would make the organization you both work for even more suspicious and angry with you. And yet you would have to be very dedicated to this organization to give up years of your life on a multi-year undercover assignment. The lady took herself out of the picture with the phone call to Liz, Tom gains absolutely nothing by killing her and risks the wrath of his employers by doing so. Just made no sense to me at all.

3. Why wasn't Ressler more angry at Taneda, the guy killed his girlfriend for crying out loud. But he seemed more angry at the FBI agent, which I could understand to a point but wouldn't you want to first take care of the guy who actually killed your girlfriend?

Watching Spader in this is fun and all, but they have got to make the plots start making sense. It's odd, I really liked the episode last month with the torturing guy and thought it was very good but I think the last few episodes have been poor with minor and now major plot holes coming up more and more.
post #390 of 583 Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post

No comments on Monday's episode yet? I thought it was so bad I must vent about it here so obviously spoilers will abound.

2. Why on earth did Tom kill the lady agent/pretend teacher whose name I forget? They both work for the same mysterious Berlin organization. Apparently she was sent to check up on him. I would think killing someone sent to check up on you would make the organization you both work for even more suspicious and angry with you. And yet you would have to be very dedicated to this organization to give up years of your life on a multi-year undercover assignment. The lady took herself out of the picture with the phone call to Liz, Tom gains absolutely nothing by killing her and risks the wrath of his employers by doing so. Just made no sense to me at all.

Tom's real story remains a mystery. We now know that he is an agent/possible assassin for whatever Berlin is (Private sector vs. government and which one?). Jolene appeared to be questioning Tom's dedication to Berlin and his mission and was clearly acting as its watchdog on him. Tom also told her that since Reddington was able to track her down, she was compromised and that put him in danger. Cowboy saw Tom's murderous actions coming and said so. The question is did Tom do it to protect himself or to keep Berlin from knowing what he's really up to (falling in love with Lizzie for real with that hair?). He also knows that Reddington is involved and when he was questioning Cowboy he mentioned two other names. Inez was one of them. At this point I have no idea as to what Tom's about or how many shadow organizations he's aware of or has been involved with. Maybe the writers need to reign this in a bit before it spins completely out of control and beyond any degree of comprehension.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page