post #541 of 559 Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 166
buh-bye then.
JSUL likes this.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 559 Old 05-15-2014, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Adios amigo.
post #543 of 559 Old 05-15-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Don't let the door hit you.... well, you know the rest. wink.gif

I'm a little confused about the ending and how the two villains + Tom tied together, but I'm okay with that. Plenty to like in this show, and I'll read a re-cap somewhere that hopefully will clear things up for me. I prefer to think "it's me, not the show" that's led to my confusion.

Tom got gut-shot, what?, 3 times by Lizzie? You don't survive that do you? Hated to see one of the task force get killed off in such a quick, relatively inconsequential fashion. Meera didn't even have a chance for the typical heroic death - just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But she was the most expendable in terms of her role in the show, so I guess it's not that big a surprise. Wonder how Harold survived being garotted? He must have gotten the upper hand on his assailant, somehow, in order to stop the assault before he was killed. They needed to show it; probably will in next season's first ep.
post #544 of 559 Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Liked: 37
For Red to be her father after dancing around it in multiple scenes as the obvious question to ask would be pretty lame writing.
tomhunter8 likes this.
post #545 of 559 Old 05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

So based on Reds burns can we say he is Lizzys father?
Has to be. The burns are consistent with Red's relating to Lizzie what happened the night of the fire and how Sam came to be her adopted father. I just wonder how long they're going to be able to let Red keep Lizzie from knowing the truth.
post #546 of 559 Old 05-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

I was underwhelmed by the season finale. Not sure if I will be back for season two.

I was surprised at how underwhelming it was, I don't think I've ever seen a show go downhill so quickly.

1. The whole "is Red Liz's father" was a great storyline for a while but it's reached a point of ridiculousness, how long can they seriously drag that out? And we're supposed to believe that Liz who works for the FBI nor any of the other people who want to know why Red is obsessed with her can't run a DNA test? When Liz already suspects and has asked him?

2. He can't tell her he is her father because it would endanger her, yet everyone on the planet knows he cares about her and will work only with her? Hasn't that already endangered her a thousand times over?

3. We're supposed to believe the diabolical criminal Berlin was running his empire from a prison? Or even if not, that he controls criminal enterprises around the entire world but had to cut his own hand off to escape?

All shows like this require a suspension of disbelief but this is just getting silly. Spader makes the show and is brilliant but the season did not end well.
post #547 of 559 Old 05-16-2014, 03:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I'm a little confused about the ending and how the two villains + Tom tied together, but I'm okay with that. Plenty to like in this show, and I'll read a re-cap somewhere that hopefully will clear things up for me. I prefer to think "it's me, not the show" that's led to my confusion.

Tom got gut-shot, what?, 3 times by Lizzie? You don't survive that do you? Hated to see one of the task force get killed off in such a quick, relatively inconsequential fashion. Meera didn't even have a chance for the typical heroic death - just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But she was the most expendable in terms of her role in the show, so I guess it's not that big a surprise. Wonder how Harold survived being garotted? He must have gotten the upper hand on his assailant, somehow, in order to stop the assault before he was killed. They needed to show it; probably will in next season's first ep.

I think the show is a fun ride and I'll be back to watch more.

As to figuring out how everyone's connected.....what's the point? It'll just change within a few episodes. It's more like interesting twist in the plot line.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #548 of 559 Old 05-16-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Haddad View Post

I was surprised at how underwhelming it was, I don't think I've ever seen a show go down so quickly.

1. The whole "is Red Liz's father" was a great storyline for a while but it's reached a point of ridiculousness, how long can they seriously drag that out? And we're supposed to believe that Liz who works for the FBI nor any of the other people who want to know why Red is obsessed with her can run a DNA test?

And it's not like he hasn't left a lot of his blood laying around after various attacks, especially after the invasion of the task-force headquarters. Lizzie would surely have done the DNA test by now.
post #549 of 559 Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

And it's not like he hasn't left a lot of his blood laying around after various attacks, especially after the invasion of the task-force headquarters. Lizzie would surely have done the DNA test by now.

Yep. We are supposed to believe that they can catch a mastermind criminal in a day or days but can't figure out basic stuff. That's the problem when you have a 10 episode story line but have to stretch it out over multiple seasons. They have pushed the Red back story too fast. The good cable shows like Justified run their bad guy story line for a whole 13 episode season, and can let the back story progress, this is just the opposite.
post #550 of 559 Old 05-16-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

Has to be. The burns are consistent with Red's relating to Lizzie what happened the night of the fire and how Sam came to be her adopted father. I just wonder how long they're going to be able to let Red keep Lizzie from knowing the truth.

While *I* believe him to be her father, it isn't that simple.

She "remembers" her "father" saving her from the fire... but doesn't know what happened to him. Red says her father "died in the fire" and that he brought her to Sam to raise.

He could be stretching and using "died" to mean his old family life... thus he is her father but just doesn't want to tell her yet.

OR

He could be telling the truth... Red might be the one who saved her from the fire where her father died, and she was so young she just thinks she remembers her father saving her, but really is remembering Red save her.

Basically... the door is cracked open so that they can write the story either way at this point.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #551 of 559 Old 05-16-2014, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

Hated to see one of the task force get killed off in such a quick, relatively inconsequential fashion. Meera didn't even have a chance for the typical heroic death - just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But she was the most expendable in terms of her role in the show, so I guess it's not that big a surprise. .

If it was Star Trek, she would have been wearing a red shirt!
post #552 of 559 Old 05-17-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

So based on Reds burns can we say he is Lizzys father?
I'd like to think the FBI was smart enough to run a DNA test on him and Lizzie when he showed up demanding to only work with her. Then again, I watched about 2.5 episodes of The Following, so maybe they're not. tongue.gif
post #553 of 559 Old 05-17-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I don't think Red is her father.

Red killed her father in that fire. Red went back into the fire to save Lizzie and suffered the burns getting her. He took her to the man that raised her and when he told Red he was going to spill the beans Red killed him.

I know Tom told her that her father is alive but I think that is a red herring.

I don't get Tom's angle based on where he was at the end with the guy who wasn't even Berlin. That makes zero sense.
post #554 of 559 Old 05-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Here is my guess: Red is not the father. Red thought he killed her father in the fire and saved Lizzie. This is why Red won't tell her who her father is. Actually, her father is alive; he is Berlin and is after Red for almost killing him. Berlin may have only found out Red's identity a few years ago.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #555 of 559 Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM

How did Tom's body disappear?
Surely he could not survive 3 bullets to the gut ...lay there bleeding profusely, and tell Liz her dad still lives as he passes out?

Could Liz not tell if he was dead or not before leaving the scene?
post #556 of 559 Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 82
It's my guess that Liz purposely let Tom live, like Tom let her live in the previous show. She didn't want to let Red know this, which is why she told him rather firmly "that she'll take care of Tom".
Not exactly sure how Tom managed to get away..........sometimes one has to suspend belief on these type of shows
post #557 of 559 Old 06-23-2014, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post
How did Tom's body disappear?
Surely he could not survive 3 bullets to the gut ...lay there bleeding profusely, and tell Liz her dad still lives as he passes out?

Could Liz not tell if he was dead or not before leaving the scene?
He got up and walked away, duh...
post #558 of 559 Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
He got up and walked away, duh...
That is suspension of belief to the 100th power.....but we shall see in the fall, when the new season begins.
post #559 of 559 Old 06-23-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Do we know that Tom wasn't wearing a vest? He could have been bleeding but not from a severe wound. Some bullets can get through some vests... and some injuries can be sustained even if the bullets are stopped... so theoretically he could have been injured and bleeding but not mortally wounded as it might have appeared.

Also, it's a spy show... so it could be a designed "fake death" scenario so that he can disappear.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page