Forum Jump: 
 38Likes
post #691 of 716 Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 54
And don't forget the magical he's not breathing and dead to alive in the next scene. Happens all the time in real life.

I see that Joe Carnahan directed this episode. that man loves him some lens flare. Even JJ Abrams thinks he over uses it. Not a fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 716 Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Ok if they destroyed the servers and the access to the Government's secrets why not stop the missile strike?
Because they real reason they launched the strike was to kill Reddington.
Turrican4D likes this.

Friday... the 13th!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #693 of 716 Old 02-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
It will be interesting to see the ratings for Thursday ,tough completion.
post #694 of 716 Old 02-05-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Blacklist got picked up for a third season, so I would expect more of the same villain of the week, and less advancing of the story behind Red and Lizzie for the rest of this season.
post #695 of 716 Old 02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I did enjoy his fish story/analogy, which described his own transformation to adaptive ruthlessness.

post #696 of 716 Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 1419
Thought Perlman would be around longer. He seemed like a formidable foe for Red. Looks like Strathairn will be the main antagonist this time.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #697 of 716 Old 02-06-2015, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Thought Perlman would be around longer. He seemed like a formidable foe for Red. Looks like Strathairn will be the main antagonist this time.
Both Ron Perlman and David Strathairn have been welcome additions to the show's remarkably weak supporting cast. Megan Boone has been adequate as Lizzie, albeit barely, but most of the rest of the supporting cast, especially the wooden Diego Klattenhoff as the energetic but always wrong FBI agent, have been just plain bad. Despite these weaknesses, the performances of the charismatic James Spader as Reddington have convinced me to stick around.

I forgot to add time to my scheduled recording of last week's episode. I should have known better because scheduling the show to follow the Super Bowl post game show all but guaranteed that it would start late and end late. I was glad to see that the episode I missed was the first episode of a two-parter so I felt like I hadn't missed that much after seeing Part 2 last night.
post #698 of 716 Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

The only thing keeping the show going for me is Spader. His dalogue when he nabbed Perlman this week was just hilarious and delivered so well. Losing the dynamics of the story line including Tom from season 1 to me has taken a lot of steam out of the show.
post #699 of 716 Old 02-06-2015, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 60
There was a post bringing up time and distance discrepancies in the past, but this last show took the cake. Red & crew were on a platform off Alaska and after the attack, which apparently killed ~75 people who were never mentioned again, they and the bad guys helicoptered to Juno, then the next we know everybody is in Washington D.C. some 8-10 hour flight away and still in daylight. These discontinuities drive me nuts. I have difficulty getting in the moment while they are swimming around in my head screaming at me. My wife has zero geographical sense, so these kind of things sail right past her.

I can take magic treatments to recover memory, but impossible trips lose me every time.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Distorted; 02-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.
post #700 of 716 Old 02-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I was glad to see that the episode I missed was the first episode of a two-parter so I felt like I hadn't missed that much after seeing Part 2 last night.
You missed much IMO. Wasn't the first part broadcasted again just before Part 2?

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #701 of 716 Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
Not to mention that the CIA black site was shown in the beginning of the show to be on a platform in the Bering Sea. Somehow the FBI chopper made the flight to it from Washington in a few hours. Then the F22s sent to destroy it came from Wright-Patterson in Ohio, with a flight time of 22 minutes. That calculates to about 18,000 miles per hour.

It's about time they hired a consultant who knows that those F22s would have been launched from Sarah Palin's back yard.

Or maybe the writers don't know the difference between the Bering Sea and Lake Erie.
All good points, but what I laughed at was the tracking of F-22s on radar. The computer wizardry of TV IT folks has got to have limits. I could forgive some time discrepancies, but how Ron Perlman's character managed to get Keen to Washington was ignored. This sloppiness is destroying this show.
post #702 of 716 Old 02-07-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
There was a post bringing up time and distance discrepancies in the past, but this last show took the cake. Red & crew were on a platform off Alaska and after the attack, which apparently killed ~75 people who were never mentioned again, they and the bad guys helicoptered to Juno, then the next we know everybody is in Washington D.C. some 8-10 hour flight away and still in daylight. These discontinuities drive me nuts. I have difficulty getting in the moment while they are swimming around in my head screaming at me. My wife has zero geographical sense, so these kind of things sail right past her.

I can take magic treatments to recover memory, but impossible trips lose me every time.
I agree with you except there's one thing I hate even more. Characters transporting themselves a minimal amount of miles and the light goes from bright sunlight to dead of night black.
post #703 of 716 Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Both Ron Perlman and David Strathairn have been welcome additions to the show's remarkably weak supporting cast. Megan Boone has been adequate as Lizzie, albeit barely, but most of the rest of the supporting cast, especially the wooden Diego Klattenhoff as the energetic but always wrong FBI agent, have been just plain bad. Despite these weaknesses, the performances of the charismatic James Spader as Reddington have convinced me to stick around.

I forgot to add time to my scheduled recording of last week's episode. I should have known better because scheduling the show to follow the Super Bowl post game show all but guaranteed that it would start late and end late. I was glad to see that the episode I missed was the first episode of a two-parter so I felt like I hadn't missed that much after seeing Part 2 last night.
Mine cut off early too after the Superbowl but I was able to rewatch on NBC's website.

Afro GT
post #704 of 716 Old 02-09-2015, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

That totally lost me as well. I thought I had fallen asleep as I could not remember how is that the bad guys got into a Med Evac helicopter to get to the Juno Hospital and then all of a sudden they were going after the Dr and her son in D.C. That was even worse than 24!
post #705 of 716 Old 02-13-2015, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Started watching last night and just said here we go again. Too much of the same thing and Spader just isn't doing it for me any more. I think I'll just let them pile up on the TiVo with Allegiance and watch them when I have nothing else going on. With Justified and The Americans on now these two just have no chance to keep my interest.
post #706 of 716 Old 02-13-2015, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Lowest rating since the show started last night.
post #707 of 716 Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
Still enjoy the show.
The move to Thursday may be troublesome, rating wise...time will tell.

Blacklist, Person of Interest, and Elementary are my faves.
post #708 of 716 Old 02-20-2015, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Another installment of "America's dumbest FBI agents" this week.
Keenan likes this.
post #709 of 716 Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 157
This one wasn't actually too bad. Only had a few unbelievable moments which is better than the norm with this show
post #710 of 716 Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm late to the party(just finished watching season 1) and really like the show and looking forward to getting started on season 2

Jerry
post #711 of 716 Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I love this show. I think same day ratings are so 2000. I have yet to watch any tv show live since the advent of dvr. Many people do the same. The Live +30 day ratings are more accurate.

I will say putting Blacklist up against a powerhouse like Scandal was not smart. They had a wonderful Monday slot.
post #712 of 716 Old Today, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I will say putting Blacklist up against a powerhouse like Scandal was not smart. They had a wonderful Monday slot.
NBC seems to have this weird thing where they think "We used to own Thursday night, we need to own it again", and so not surprising they'd move a hit show there with hopes of getting it back. It's stupid, but not surprising. They need to get over that, and leave their hits where they were hits. They're not going to bump Shonda Rhimes or Chuck Lorre any time soon.
post #713 of 716 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Well good news is the rating was up .1 from last week. last week was series low 1.7 rating for the show.
post #714 of 716 Unread Today, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Well good news is the rating was up .1 from last week. last week was series low 1.7 rating for the show.
Bad boring show this week. I fast forwarded past the annoying serial killer.
post #715 of 716 Unread Today, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Perfect episode! Loves the gaga woman, great casting.Loves it, how Red did put is own interests behind those of Keen.
gwsat likes this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #716 of 716 Unread Today, 06:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Perfect episode! Loves the gaga woman, great casting.Loves it, how Red did put is own interests behind those of Keen.
Couldn't agree more. Having Amanda Plummer as the crazy lady killer was inspired casting. She is a talented actress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page