The Blacklist on NBC - Page 26 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 60Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #751 of 770 Old 03-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
old_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sparta, WI
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So.... I was right :-) The judge was "just doing his job" and trying to be a "check and balance" against government power.

BUT

The US has dissolved in to 18th Century England.... "When we say "National Security" DO NOT QUESTION US!!!!"
old_man is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 770 Old 03-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_man View Post
So.... I was right :-) The judge was "just doing his job" and trying to be a "check and balance" against government power.

BUT

The US has dissolved in to 18th Century England.... "When we say "National Security" DO NOT QUESTION US!!!!"
I don't agree he is just doing his job - although I understand that you're trying to make a political point. If he was just doing his job (now back to the TV show) - which I agree he should, he'd have asked only enough questions of the type needed to prove or disprove the government's contention of the need for National Security secrecy . The specific questions he's asking are much more detailed than needed and in many cases, way off track for answering just that question. He's definitely digging into details that don't matter to that question - but are very important if you're digging for details on Red, Lizzy, the FBI task force and Fulcrum.


In the end, I think that because he's part of the conspiracy, it will help Lizzy and the FBI out of this particular jam because he won't want the conspiracy group exposed. In fact, I believe that Lizzy recognizes all of this and, as a profiler, is playing the judge. However, it will also mean more danger and more story lines coming up.

Links: System Diagram / System Pix
Klipsch: (2) RF-83, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54, (2) RSX-5, SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
Yamaha: Aventage RX-A2010, CDC-685, Samsung: UN55B8000, Oppo: BDP-93
Apple: AppleTV, Roku: Roku3, Amazon: FireTV Stick, Roomie: Roomie Remote
ACP: J15BLK 1.5 kVA Power Conditioner/UPS, CinemaQuest: Ideal-Lume Std
See links for system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 03-20-2015 at 07:11 AM.
lflorack is online now  
post #753 of 770 Old 03-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
old_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sparta, WI
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was just hoping that the judge wasn't part of any conspiracy, like the cop investigating Lizzy.

A regular human being caught up in the drama that is Reddington :-)
old_man is online now  
post #754 of 770 Old 03-21-2015, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
lflorack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hilton, NY
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
I don't agree he is just doing his job - although I understand that you're trying to make a political point. If he was just doing his job (now back to the TV show) - which I agree he should, he'd have asked only enough questions of the type needed to prove or disprove the government's contention of the need for National Security secrecy . The specific questions he's asking are much more detailed than needed and in many cases, way off track for answering just that question. He's definitely digging into details that don't matter to that question - but are very important if you're digging for details on Red, Lizzy, the FBI task force and Fulcrum.


In the end, I think that because he's part of the conspiracy, it will help Lizzy and the FBI out of this particular jam because he won't want the conspiracy group exposed. In fact, I believe that Lizzy recognizes all of this and, as a profiler, is playing the judge. However, it will also mean more danger and more story lines coming up.
Now that I have watched this week's Blacklist, it's obvious I was mistaken in my prediction that the judge was involved with the conspiracy. He was just nosier than he should have been and more importantly, he hates what he perceives as government overstepping their authority. At the same time, his digging into classified areas without the proper clearance is not allowed either. Nor was it OK for Lizzy to divulge that classified information to an individual who is not cleared either. But, I guess all of that is somewhat expected in this show. In spite of all that, it was a good show (disbelieve suspended).
gwsat and cyfman like this.

Links: System Diagram / System Pix
Klipsch: (2) RF-83, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54, (2) RSX-5, SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
Yamaha: Aventage RX-A2010, CDC-685, Samsung: UN55B8000, Oppo: BDP-93
Apple: AppleTV, Roku: Roku3, Amazon: FireTV Stick, Roomie: Roomie Remote
ACP: J15BLK 1.5 kVA Power Conditioner/UPS, CinemaQuest: Ideal-Lume Std
See links for system details.
lflorack is online now  
post #755 of 770 Old 03-21-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 15,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
Now that I have watched this week's Blacklist, it's obvious I was mistaken in my prediction that the judge was involved with the conspiracy. He was just nosier than he should have been and more importantly, he hates what he perceives as government overstepping their authority. At the same time, his digging into classified areas without the proper clearance is not allowed either. Nor was it OK for Lizzy to divulge that classified information to an individual who is not cleared either. But, I guess all of that is somewhat expected in this show. In spite of all that, it was a good show (disbelieve suspended).
I thought from the beginning that the judge was a good man just trying to do his best. His hostility to government secrecy, especially when it uses the catchall phrase, "national security," caused him to overreach. I think he did so in good faith, however.
gwsat is online now  
post #756 of 770 Old 03-21-2015, 09:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,873
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 809
I liked Red's little speech to Lizzy at the end when she was watching the harbormaster's daughter.
lflorack and jamieva like this.
Stereodude is online now  
post #757 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
JSUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I liked Red's little speech to Lizzy at the end when she was watching the harbormaster's daughter.
Agree....it is in parrallel to his watching over Lizzie.
Stereodude likes this.
JSUL is offline  
post #758 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,873
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post
Agree....it is in parrallel to his watching over Lizzie.
Indeed, hence her tear.
Stereodude is online now  
post #759 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Athens,TX
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a gut feeling she knows deep down he's her real Dad. I realize it's a TV show but if she's as smart as they portray her there's been too many things happen for her to figure it out. And the last show should have been a dead give away.

Jerry
cyfman is online now  
post #760 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfman View Post
I have a gut feeling she knows deep down he's her real Dad. I realize it's a TV show but if she's as smart as they portray her there's been too many things happen for her to figure it out. And the last show should have been a dead give away.
Although... given Red's speech there... it opens the door for it to be possible that he really isn't her father... but rather a good friend of her father, and he tried to save her father but was only able to save her... thus felt responsible for his death and her life... and then he went super-undercover as a rogue to ferret out all the bad guys responsible for what had happened there.

They can realistically go either way now, as they have it set up.
ambesolman likes this.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #761 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Athens,TX
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Good point,I just hope the writers don't really drag it out which ever way it does go.

Jerry
cyfman is online now  
post #762 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Oh they are going to drag it out as long as they please. Why give us the payoff now?

Remember that Red also hand picked the man that would raise her after her "father" was killed in the fire.
jamieva is offline  
post #763 of 770 Old 03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
BarnacleBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Francicso
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It seemed to me that he was implying that he killed her father, or was responsible for his death. That's why he is looking out for her, just like Liz is helping the harbormaster's daughter. That could be what he didn't want her stepfather to reveal when Red killed him.
BarnacleBill is offline  
post #764 of 770 Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I learned something new in this report:

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ry/195205.html

Fred has a home in Dubai. Surely he has more than one home, but this was somewhat surprising to me.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #765 of 770 Old 03-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
Turrican4D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Is "Herr" Skandalonso on the Blacklist?

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Turrican4D is offline  
post #766 of 770 Old 03-23-2015, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Looks like from the preview that next week is back to the procedurals. To me at this point the show is much much more interesting when Tom is on it because of the dynamics between him and Liz and Reddington.
gwsat likes this.
jamieva is offline  
post #767 of 770 Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
I learned something new in this report:

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ry/195205.html

Fred has a home in Dubai. Surely he has more than one home, but this was somewhat surprising to me.

Wrong thread BG, you're not in the F1 thread.
Turrican4D likes this.
zeus33 is offline  
post #768 of 770 Old 03-23-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Wrong thread BG, you're not in the F1 thread.
Sorry about that…..

Not sure HOW is mis-posted but apologies none the less.

BGL
BGLeduc is online now  
post #769 of 770 Old Today, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
JSUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
Looks like from the preview that next week is back to the procedurals. To me at this point the show is much much more interesting when Tom is on it because of the dynamics between him and Liz and Reddington.
Looking forward to this week's episode.
It does seem weird that Red, knowing he has been a target for so long, would not have worn some type of body armour or bullet proof vest under his suits....where only a head shot could take him out.
JSUL is offline  
post #770 of 770 Unread Today, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I was wondering when we would get new episodes again. Seems like every network is taking different breaks this year with their shows.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
HDMe2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off