The Blacklist on NBC - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 420Likes
post #1411 of 1426 Unread 09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Liked: 517
I guess Kap was wearing a vest or has a metal plate in her head.

Honestly, I am starting to turn on Red.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1426 Unread 09-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Well the commercials said to watch the last 5 minutes... Kaplan knew she was always walking a dangerous line. The fact that she had no regrets and would do it again had to infuriate Red. Always in control until this ruse.
post #1413 of 1426 Unread 09-29-2016, 09:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 2200
I liked the episode better than the last, but it looks like we'll be chasing the baby for several more episodes.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend CBM-170 SE, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: Sierra 1 | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
post #1414 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
I liked the episode better than the last, but it looks like we'll be chasing the baby for several more episodes.
Unfortunately. This whole Liz, baby, Tom timeline is horrible. As much as I like Red and the show in general, they really need to wrap that baby crap up.
post #1415 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3033 Post(s)
Liked: 2664
I can feel my enthusiasm for this show waning, and reading about the baby crap -- which probably wouldn't even have occurred had Megan Boone practiced a little strategic family planning -- sure isn't helping. Got the new season's eps on the DVR but haven't been able to muster the will to watch 'em.
post #1416 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked: 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I can feel my enthusiasm for this show waning, and reading about the baby crap -- which probably wouldn't even have occurred had Megan Boone practiced a little strategic family planning -- sure isn't helping. Got the new season's eps on the DVR but haven't been able to muster the will to watch 'em.
I suffered through Episodes 1 and 2, whereupon I deleted my season pass. The bottom line is that I am finally fed up with the show's silliness. For example, the seaplane crash left me thinking of sharks, if you get my meaning. Good luck to the rest of you.
archiguy and Ericglo like this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu Bookshelf speakers 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker 4 Focal in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo BDP-103 BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
post #1417 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

When an obnoxious and unnecessary baby storyline happens in a show and it looks like it's shoehorned in for no good narrative reason, the reason is usually that the producers found themselves dealing with an unexpected pregnancy with their lead actress. Faced with such a "blessing", there are two ways they can go: try to hide it with loose clothing and camera angles, or just accept it and try to work it into the plotline. The latter never works and is almost always a show-killer. I can just imagine what James Spader must have said (privately) when he found out.
gwsat likes this.
post #1418 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 169
They would've been better off writing around it somehow but that's hard to do when she's the lead in the show. I have the 2 episodes on my DVR staring at me but I fear I will delete the season pass if I dare watch them.
post #1419 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Wait, is she pregnant again???

Are the new episodes really bad?

This used be my wife and my favourite show, shame if its slipping away.....

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UB900 UHD Player | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Submersive Master/Slave |
Control : Control 4 |
post #1420 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Last season. Thus, the baby storyline.
post #1421 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4196 Post(s)
Liked: 9040
I balled on this show awhile ago. So Keen had a baby? I'm guessing Tom is the father? Is she still a fugitive? A baby is the death knell for a tv show. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

post #1422 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I balled on this show awhile ago. So Keen had a baby? I'm guessing Tom is the father? Is she still a fugitive? A baby is the death knell for a tv show. Sounds like I'm not missing much.
Yes, yes and no.

How many lives does Liz have? Sheeze... if a cat has 9 lives, she has to have at least 20. I was actually cheering when the plane went down in anticipation all would be lost in the Gulf. No such luck.
With ratings continuing to go down, it won't surprise me if this is the last season. I'm not sure how much more I'll watch of Liz & baby. Destroyed the show.
post #1423 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Darkest turn yet when Red murdered Mr. Kaplan (he thought) with no remorse whatsoever. This show will not end well. We knew he was irredeemable, but this was a whole new level of ruthlessness. I hope the show runners have a suitable end in mind for Mr. Reddington. I get the feeling they are intending for this to be the wrap-up season.

It used to be that character flaws this deep in a protagonist always meant justice would catch up in the end, but disturbingly to me, that is not always the case now as our social norms continue to degenerate into a sad reality of evil pictured as winning. We will see if Red gets his "just desserts" or the new norms are visited.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Distorted; Yesterday at 03:08 PM.
post #1424 of 1426 Unread Yesterday, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
Darkest turn yet when Red murdered Mr. Kaplan (he thought) with no remorse whatsoever. This show will not end well. We knew he was irredeemable, but this was a whole new level of ruthlessness. I hope the show runners have a suitable end in mind for Mr. Reddington. I get the feeling they are intending for this to be the wrap-up season.

It used to be that character flaws this deep in a protagonist always meant justice would catch up in the end, but disturbingly to me, that is not always the case now as our social norms continue to degenerate into a sad reality of evil pictured as winning. We will see if Red gets his "just desserts" or the new norms are visited.
Art (if you can call this that) reflects life. Evil wins most of the time, it seems. (insert political comment here, but I won't, so as not to get my hand slapped again).
post #1425 of 1426 Unread Today, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
When Red and Kaplan started walking by themselves into the woods, it was obvious what was about to happen. I was surprised, however, to see she survived. Watching the previews for future episodes and remembering what she said just prior to being shot, i.e., "I know everything about you, all your weaknesses, secrets, etc." it's apparent she's going to seek revenge and we'll have a Red vs. Kaplan storyline.

Agreed about the "my baby" storyline. That's got to go.
post #1426 of 1426 Unread Today, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Perhaps Red punishes (sometimes) by shooting you "just a little"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming