AVS Forum banner

The Blacklist on NBC

110K views 2K replies 170 participants last post by  tenthplanet 
#1 ·
I just wanted to start a thread about the new show The Blacklist, starting on NBC this fall (Premieres Monday, Sept. 23, on NBC.). It features James Spader as the #1 most wanted man in the world, who apparently turns himself in to start working with the gov't to find the most wanted criminals. Looks like it could be pretty sweet, based on the trailers. Anyone else looking forward to this show?

Here's a link to an article and some trailers/preview clips: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/blacklist-nbc-trailers-new-shows-2013-2014_n_3264578.html

I will say that it seemed a bit 'Silence of the Lambs'-y to me from the previews, but producers have tried to refute that as well:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcs-blacklist-producers-were-not-594421

#1,958 ·
NBC announced Thursday that the crime drama will wrap up with a two-hour series finale, airing Thursday, July 13 at 8/7c.

Wth?? It's normal air date is Sunday now. Why the heck is the finale on a Thursday?

EDIT: I see. For some reason they are moving it to Thursday, starting next week.

As you’ve likely already noted, the James Spader-led series currently airs on Sundays (at 10 pm), but the show will indeed move to Thursdays as of June 1.
I had been enjoying watching The Blacklist on Sunday nights. Since I have been typically watching it on the night it airs.

#1,959 ·
It looks like NBC will be running American Ninja Warrior and America's Got Talent on Sunday nights..Then in the fall it's back to football. That's actually makes sense as a programming decision, American Idol just finished it's season over on ABC.

#1,962 ·
Yeah Red did but it was implied that he was seriously or maybe even terminally ill. He had been dismantling/dissolving his network for a number of episodes. One thing that was clearly a major error was the Congressman being heavily involved in a DOJ /FBI field operation. Under Separation of Powers that could likely never happen. Of course that erroer was corrected in a brutal but satisfying way. I have a lot of respect for the show's writers. It almost seemed that, after Elizabeth's death, they shed their creative shackles and were free to write scripts that actually were very good. I didn't think that Blacklist would end up with this many additional seasons so kudos to them, James Spader, the cast and all those who were involved.

#1,964 ·
I enjoyed this final episode. I felt Red's demise was quite "poetic" and very "appropos". I do wish they had tied up what happened to the team, though. And, even though it was quite unrealistic, the brutal demise of the Senator was quite satisfying. On another note-I thought that the character of "Malik" (that was added this season) was a complete waste. It always appeared that just about all she did was talk and had showed very little action. It amazes me how the show has changed from the first few seasons to the last few seasons. Not complaining-just an observation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.