"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" on Fox HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #91 of 99 Old 09-29-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Thought it was pretty much a "meh" show. Hopefully it gets better. The captain was really the only good part of the show.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
The show still feels more like a series of sketches and one liners than a cohesive sitcom to me though.
The Big Bang Theory felt that way to me the first few seasons. Episodes would just suddenly end in what felt like the "middle" of a plot. Surprisingly, those early seasons were what I thought of as the funnier episodes.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #93 of 99 Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The show isn't hilarious, but it's consistently funny enough to hold my attention. First episode wasn't great, but it had Jenny Slate in it, so that was a plus.
post #94 of 99 Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Tonight's episode was really good. The scene at the atm had me laughing for a good couple of minutes
acebreathe likes this.
post #95 of 99 Old 01-17-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 165
‘Gotham,’ ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ renewed by FOX
By Tony Maglio |Saturday, January 17, 2015 | thewrap.com

Fox has renewed “Gotham” and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” for a second and third season, respectively.

The orders were announced Saturday at the Television Critics Association press tour by Dana Walden and Gary Newman,Fox Television Group’s chairmen and CEOs.

“Gotham” is averaging a 4.2 rating in the advertiser-sought 18-49 demographic and 10.6 million total viewers thus far in its first season. The Batman prequel comes from executive producer Bruno Heller. Danny Cannon executive produced and directed the pilot; John Stephens also executive produces. “Gotham” is based upon the characters from DC Comics and produced by Warner Bros. Television.

Season-to-date, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is up 17 percent versus last season in the key demo, averaging a 2.7/7.

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is produced by Universal Television, 3 Arts Entertainment and Fremulon. The series is created and written by Dan Goor and Michael Schur. The series is executive-produced by Goor, Schur and David Miner.

http://www.thewrap.com/gotham-brookl...enewed-by-fox/
acebreathe likes this.
post #96 of 99 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Wow, was this thread was buried. From HOTP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
TV Notes (Broadcast)
Bill Hader to Replace Andre Braugher as ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Captain
By Tony Maglio, TheWrap.com - Aug. 6, 2015

“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” has found its new boss in the form of Bill Hader, who will replace Andre Braugher as Andy Samberg’s precinct captain.

Captain Holt (Braugher) took an NYPD Public Relations job on Fox comedy’s Season 2 finale. The character will still be on the show, just in a new gig.

Hader’s captain — described only as “efficient” — will guest-star on “Brooklyn’s” Season 3 premiere, which airs Sep. 27. It is currently unclear if Hader’s character will recur, but a person with knowledge told TheWrap that he will not be a permanent replacement.

The season premiere of “Brooklyn” will also feature a guest appearance from Archie Panjabi, who appeared on CBS’ “The Good Wife” for six years, as Lieutenant Knox, a police officer with a crush on Joe Lo Truglio’s Detective Boyle.
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” returns to Fox Sundays this fall.

Hader, an alum of “Saturday Night Live,” was most recently seen opposite Amy Schumer in Judd Apatow’s “Trainwreck” and he’s also a prolific voice actor, with roles in Pixar’s “Inside Out,” “The Good Dinosaur” and Sony’s “Sausage Party.”

He is represented by UTA.

http://www.thewrap.com/bill-hader-to...-nine-captain/
They had better live up to that promise of it not being permanent. Holt and Jake were the perfect pair.
post #97 of 99 Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Wow, was this thread was buried. From HOTP:

They had better live up to that promise of it not being permanent. Holt and Jake were the perfect pair.
I agree, this really changes the dynamic of the show. Braugher was really the only reason I watched this otherwise silly show, if he's no longer there, I'm gone.
VisionOn likes this.
post #98 of 99 Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 821
If we can believe the article, I think the idea is just to provide some extra gags at the start of the season, probably as Jake et al. try to undermine the new chief in order to get Holt restored to his rightful position. If it works that way, I'm all for it (as long as it doesn't take too many episodes to finish the plotline). If this is a prelude to Andre leaving the show, I'll have none of it.
Keenan likes this.
post #99 of 99 Old Today, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I agree. This is not a cause for concern. It even states that it's just a guest-starring role, not in any way permanent. Braugher is also still a full cast member, which means he'll be in every episode.

My only disappointment with this announcement is it is a massive spoiler for the "Who replaces Holt?" cliffhanger... but hey, that's new media for you.

Bill Hader is hilarious in everything he does, and I look forward to him on this show!

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page