Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto17 View Post

Did I miss something? The girl was a witch? If he is a witch slayer, I assume Cordelia doesn't know.

I guess Emma Roberts is still on the show. smile.gif

Darth, I agree about the cast. It's early, but so far, it's the best ensemble yet.

I do not know if she's a witch. Just odd how he executed her like that. He also told her "I was a monster" as his Halloween costume last year. Maybe he's just a serial killer.
Did you know his secret lover was played by the infamous maid in season 1? Moira O'Hara played by Alexandra Breckenridge.

How about the male witch that's on the special comity? That guy was a hoot.

His eyes looked a little freaky when he was getting it on with her too. I think there is a lot more to his story.

I got the impression he was lying to Cordelia about why he was out of town. She's going to be pissed when that blows up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 261 Old 11-01-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

His eyes looked a little freaky when he was getting it on with her too. I think there is a lot more to his story.

I got the impression he was lying to Cordelia about why he was out of town. She's going to be pissed when that blows up.

His eyes, how about his orgasm? eek.gif

haha
post #93 of 261 Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:

Considering when they were on the phone and she asked when his meeting was with (insert male name here) and he said, "actually, he's here now", I think it's a safe bet that he was lying.
post #94 of 261 Old 11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

FX’s ‘American Horror Story’ Renewed For Fourth Cycle With Jessica Lange
By NELLIE ANDREEVA / Wednesday November 6, 2013 @ 10:41am PST / deadline.com

Four episodes into American Horror Story: Coven run, FX has picked up a fourth season of the horror franchise. Star Jessica Lange, who has been the center of the show since first cycle, is set to return as her current contract is through Season 4. She recently suggested publicly that she would likely depart after that. Because of the show’s format, featuring different stories and characters each season, it is unclear yet who else will come back but co-creator Ryan Murphy tends to find new characters for his core group of actors every year. “Put simply, Ryan Murphy is a master television producer,” FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said. “Every year, they create a riveting and brilliant new miniseries. AHS: Coven is the best yet, and I have no doubt that the next installment will be even better.” Four episodes in, Coven has far surpassed the ratings of both of its AHS predecessors, Murder House (2011) and Asylum (2012). Season-to date, AHS: Coven is averaging 7.74 million Total Viewers, 5.46 million Adults 18-49 and 3.14 million Adults 18-34. That is up +77% in Total Viewers, +67% in 18-49 and +60% in 18-34 over Murder House. Coven is outpacing Asylum by +83% in Total Viewers, +71% in 18-49, and +68% in 18-34. Remarkably, Coven, toplined by mature actress Lange, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett, is easily on pace to set a record as the highest-rated adults 18-34 program in FX history. Episode 5 airs tonight.

Since its inception, the American Horror Story franchise, created by Murphy and Brad Falchuk, has amassed a total of 34 Emmy Award nominations. AHS: Murder House tied for the most nominations of any program in 2011 with 17, and AHS: Asylum received the most nominations of any program in 2012, also with 17. Coven’s cast includes Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe, Frances Conroy, Lily Rabe, Denis O’Hare, Jamie Brewer, Alexander Dreymon, Josh Hamilton, Patti LuPone, and Danny Huston. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Dante Di Loreto, Tim Minear, James Wong, Jennifer Salt, and Brad Buecker executive produce for 20th Century Fox TV.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/fxs-american-horror-story-renewed-for-fourth-cycle/
post #95 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

wow! Where to begin on last night's episode eek.gif
post #96 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:

wow! Where to begin on last night's episode eek.gif

Indeed.
post #97 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I thought last nights episode was great again. Bringing back one of the council members whom is completely onto what Fiona is doing. We learned that Zoe is the next Supreme!
post #98 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

The whole dead baby at the hospital scene was bizarre. Like a short, short story.

Having trouble remembering the witches names rolleyes.gif
post #99 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The whole dead baby at the hospital scene was bizarre. Like a short, short story.

Having trouble remembering the witches names rolleyes.gif

I'll take more of those over greasy dude playing with dolls.
post #100 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I'll take more of those over greasy dude playing with dolls.

haha, yeah that's quite bizarre. His new "doll" is missing an arm now tongue.gif
post #101 of 261 Old 11-07-2013, 05:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Jessica Lange is spectacular in this role, I haven't seen the previous seasons but if she's as good as this in those I'll have to give them a viewing.

From Vulture,

We Made a Set of American Horror Story: Coven Tarot Cards

BTW, I'm going through some serious Emma Roberts withdrawal, and now she's missing an arm! tongue.gif
post #102 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
So, if the Supreme has all the powers of all witches as they clearly said, why did she just not heal her daughter? She brought a baby back from the dead and that other witch brought the lady back form being burned and the same lady healed Frankenstein, yet she can't heal her own daughter?

What kind of hospital has lights that constantly flicker, filthy floors and walls, stains everywhere, etc.?

How did the zombies suddenly have blood? When the big girl used her witch power, every cut, etc. bled out sand. But when the other witch used the chainsaw blood was spurting out of every one of them. How would they have any after being in the ground anyway, or anything still "juicy" enough to splat everywhere?

The one that used the chainsaw, didn't she catch something on fire one episode too? Why not catch them all on fire?

Some bad inconsistencies is ruining an otherwise fantastic season.

post #103 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

So, if the Supreme has all the powers of all witches as they clearly said, why did she just not heal her daughter? She brought a baby back from the dead and that other witch brought the lady back form being burned and the same lady healed Frankenstein, yet she can't heal her own daughter?

What kind of hospital has lights that constantly flicker, filthy floors and walls, stains everywhere, etc.?

How did the zombies suddenly have blood? When the big girl used her witch power, every cut, etc. bled out sand. But when the other witch used the chainsaw blood was spurting out of every one of them. How would they have any after being in the ground anyway, or anything still "juicy" enough to splat everywhere?

The one that used the chainsaw, didn't she catch something on fire one episode too? Why not catch them all on fire?

Um yeah. Flickering lights is probably just a style choice to impart to us that Lange was wasted on pills. You may have noticed the fish eye cam and soft focus in many scenes to invoke altered perception as is given to witches in many of the genres films. Same for blood, it's just scarier. Part of the magic they are playing with in this series is illusion.
THeCozen1 likes this.
post #104 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Jessica Lange is spectacular in this role, I haven't seen the previous seasons but if she's as good as this in those I'll have to give them a viewing. tongue.gif

Yes.
post #105 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 08:35 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:

Um yeah. Flickering lights is probably just a style choice to impart to us that Lange was wasted on pills. You may have noticed the fish eye cam and soft focus in many scenes to invoke altered perception as is given to witches in many of the genres films. Same for blood, it's just scarier. Part of the magic they are playing with in this series is illusion.

Quote:

Its "movie magic" . Sometimes just let the cinematographer and director captivate you. It was done purely for artistic reasons and setting the tone. I like how some things are out of focus on purpose. I noticed myself getting a bit annoyed with it and that basically proved that it did its job. It created an attention and unsettling from a member of its audience.
darthrsg and THeCozen1 like this.
post #106 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 115
This episode could also be called "an adventure it Dutch angles." But it was an excellent episode.
post #107 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:

I think the baby thing she asked if it died at birth or was it stillborn. I think the girl (same actress that was Nucky's girlfriend on Boardwalk Empire?) said that it was stillborn. That may have been why she could revive the baby....what we don't know if how the baby will grow up.

The girl that caught the curtains on fire is the one currently occupying the box upstairs sans one arm.
post #108 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM

Liked: 11
The chainsaw cutting the zombie in half was a legitimate KILL SCENE by any horror MOVIE standards. To see that on FX was glorious. Hey, they told us it was TV-MA (L,S,V) right? I know that The Walking Dead sets the tone for gore on TV, but that chainsaw scene...eek.gif.

Zoe dropping the super-witch spell on the voodoo witch was also a highlight. I love the line..."they got some real power in that witch house now." I really hope that by the end of this season, Zoe is a truly badass Supreme that takes her rightful throne.

@ keenan - definitely watch the first season of AHS. So good.

@ WilliamR - I'd generally recommend not trying to pick apart TV shows/movies. It's more fun that way.

Panasonic 55VT50
Yamaha RX-V473
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Sony BDP-S590
ROKU 2XS
TiVo Roamio Basic
Mohu Curve 30
post #109 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

I think the baby thing she asked if it died at birth or was it stillborn. I think the girl (same actress that was Nucky's girlfriend on Boardwalk Empire?) said that it was stillborn. That may have been why she could revive the baby....what we don't know if how the baby will grow up.

The girl that caught the curtains on fire is the one currently occupying the box upstairs sans one arm.

Yeah, I know she caught the curtains on fire, but I could of sworn the other girl also did something to show an additional power. I could be wrong but I thought something else happened with her too in another episode.

post #110 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeCozen1 View Post

@ keenan - definitely watch the first season of AHS. So good.
Thanks, maybe I'll try and watch them during the holiday rerun lull. smile.gif
post #111 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Yeah, I know she caught the curtains on fire, but I could of sworn the other girl also did something to show an additional power. I could be wrong but I thought something else happened with her too in another episode.

Well, thank goodness she has other powers other than Black Widow Sex.
post #112 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I like the idea of "black widow sex" being an accidental discovery of the Supreme's first "power."

Panasonic 55VT50
Yamaha RX-V473
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Sony BDP-S590
ROKU 2XS
TiVo Roamio Basic
Mohu Curve 30
post #113 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

That scene was pretty cool, "be in your nature" Thud! biggrin.gif
Young C likes this.
post #114 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Need more .gifs of this show wink.gif
post #115 of 261 Old 11-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Need more .gifs of this show wink.gif

I'm sure you can find whatever you want over on tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/american-horror-story-coven

I did read that Frances Conroy has played a protagonist to Jessica Lange's character in every season:
Frances Conroy (s1)... Moira O'Hara ("old" maid)
Frances Conroy (s2)... Angel of Death
Frances Conroy (s3)... Myrtle Snow
Young C likes this.
post #116 of 261 Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

I'm sure you can find whatever you want over on tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/american-horror-story-coven

Right on. I know about those gifs

post #117 of 261 Old 11-09-2013, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:

Tonally I thought this episode was all over the place. I first thought the hospital scene was part of Fiona's fugue state but nope, just another public building on television with extremely poor lighting for dramatic reasons. I can kind of forgive them for it since this week and last fell around Halloween and I guess they wanted to make something seasonal as they did with the Christmas episode last year, and also because I thought this week was hilarious.

The Evil Dead inspirations carried over from last week's "Army of Darkness" comment and the zombie massacre made me laugh as did Madison losing an arm. This season wasn't that camp to begin with but they finally addressed that this week. If the show wasn't so over-the-top to begin with all the chainsaw action and funky execution music would seem extremely out of place, but I kind of just went with it. Just piling more crazy on crazy. At least this season everything still seems connected. For now.

As for the daughter I guess Fiona doesn't love Cordelia that much since she didn't want to sacrifice some more of her lifeforce to give her back her eyes. I expect keeping Cordelia blind and having to rely on Fiona is part of the plan. Since Fiona pushes the (serial-killer?) husband out of the picture and gets a shot at self-serving redemption with her daughter. Something Delphine was regretting.

Quote:

No it was just the power of a succubus. Of all the powers to get in the witchy lottery, the least useful. Only helped her kill her old boyfriend and the jock in the hospital. All the other magic she has been around has been from someone else. The young Fiona used her powers of pyrokinesis shortly before killing the previous supreme I think. Maybe that's who you were thinking of.

post #118 of 261 Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Jessica Lange is spectacular in this role, I haven't seen the previous seasons but if she's as good as this in those I'll have to give them a viewing.

As great as she has been in this series, I think she's taken it to a whole new level this year. Just flat out outstanding work.
post #119 of 261 Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Compared to the last few weeks this episode seemed positively normal and straightforward television. It felt better for it.

I was wondering how and when Danny Huston would appear and his story reminded me of Ian McShane's bad Santa from last season. Axeman was a decent take on horror movie ghostly serial killers though. I do like it when the show uses history for story inspiration.

Whoever called out the witch hunter gets bonus points this thread. That ties him into the show in a relevant way now and at least he isn't magical or dead. Yet.

I wonder if the show will have Madison and Kyle hook up? in real life and the show they seem to be assembled for each other. biggrin.gif

post #120 of 261 Old 11-14-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Club Gold

I think the Cordelia character became far more interesting this episode than she has been all season. The loss of physical sight seems to have triggered an inner vision(along with a boost in self-confidence) that actually "sees" more than the physical eye ever could.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page