Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 260 Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Here's the thing that may or may not allow Queenie to survive.

She was shot in the gut by a magical silver anti-witch bullet as witch-hunter rampaged through the shop.

She shot herself in the head using the pistol dropped by one of Marie's bodyguards. So that was a regular old bullet.

So if the silver bullet doesn't kill her and unlike a zombie blowing her own brains out with a regular bullet, that has no effect, then she can survive.

I'm thinking the silver bullet will get her unless Marie whips up some voodoo to suck out the silver particles coursing through Queenie's bloodstream over Christmas. Highly probable.

post #183 of 260 Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Tonight! Finally a new episode biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see the "repercussions" from where we left off before the winter holidays.
post #184 of 260 Old 01-09-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Crazy episode, Fiona has no soul! That spirit with the red eyes was creepy.

Did Nan really die? Well, was she portrayed as being dead?
curtlots likes this.
post #185 of 260 Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Crazy episode, Fiona has no soul! That spirit with the red eyes was creepy.

Did Nan really die? Well, was she portrayed as being dead?

That spirit was Papa Legba: in Jamaican vodoo, he is the spirit you must go through to communicate w/ the other side.

Sure seemed to me that Nan died. She was the "innocent" soul that Papa Legba demanded; he led her away; she asked if she had to wear the same clothes for eternity; and his reply was something to the effect of "there are plenty of treats awaiting you on the other side."

I'm curious if Misty is dead. I doubt it (and hope not), but she's either dead or buried alive.

It was awesome to have Stevie Nicks on!
Young C likes this.
post #186 of 260 Old 01-10-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 552
This was the weirdest episode of this series yet, and that's saying a lot! tongue.gif

Nan looks gone for good; no word on Queenie's fate at all. Misty will probably be back. Maybe they'll find the guy who was supposed to be in the coffin wandering around and somebody may want to open it to find out what's inside and let her out. She'll be pissed.

Fiona and Marie working together is crazy, but having the real Stevie Nicks playing herself was almost too "meta" even for this show. I would have expected her to be a better actress by this stage of her career. She's a good sport, though. Wish they would have made her do something evil, just for fun.
post #187 of 260 Old 01-10-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The latest episode was somewhat scattered and all over the board (to me), which is how I think the overall story arc and season has become. But it sure had some great elements - Papa Legba, Fiona having no soul (I just laughed when he said "no deal", and the reason why), Stevie Nicks, etc.

My wife and I are still completely in - there have just been so many good aspects and performances and surprises that we'll see it to the end of the season, even if the storyline is not nearly as tight and focused and layered as it was at the beginning of the season.

I think the writers have killed off too many characters, too quickly, and brought too many of them "back to life". Yes, that's a central and powerful talent of some of the witches, but it's such a powerful force (to me) that it can easily be (and has been) overdone.

This season has introduced such a rich, unique, and interesting cast of characters that I'd like to see more of each one developed. And the acting talents of Jessica, Angela, Kathy B (and Frances Conroy, I've enjoyed her Myrtle character, too) make more sense when they are facing off against each other (and definitely chewing the scenery!) than cooperating.

Cliff
post #188 of 260 Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWinVA View Post

That spirit was Papa Legba: in Jamaican vodoo, he is the spirit you must go through to communicate w/ the other side.

Sure seemed to me that Nan died. She was the "innocent" soul that Papa Legba demanded; he led her away; she asked if she had to wear the same clothes for eternity; and his reply was something to the effect of "there are plenty of treats awaiting you on the other side."

I'm curious if Misty is dead. I doubt it (and hope not), but she's either dead or buried alive.

It was awesome to have Stevie Nicks on!

Good posting, thank for the information.

Yeah, I wonder if Misty died as well. I doubt it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffg View Post

I think the writers have killed off too many characters, too quickly, and brought too many of them "back to life". Yes, that's a central and powerful talent of some of the witches, but it's such a powerful force (to me) that it can easily be (and has been) overdone.

Agreed. Too much main character death with a lot of "raise from the dead" happening.

We did not see Delphine or Kyle this week? Wonder if they're out of the story or something
post #189 of 260 Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Did anyone recognize the actor playing Papa Legba? Think Fringe:)
post #190 of 260 Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

I had no idea until googling it. It's awesome to see him in that role.
post #191 of 260 Old 01-11-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

Or LOST or 'The Wire' or that new series with fellow LOST alumnus Josh Holloway, 'Intelligence'. Lance Reddick gets around.
post #192 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

She's a live! (Well, one of them LOL )

The murder scene at the business office was brutal. Oh my, how about Cornelia gouging her eyes out? eek.gif
Like always.. Cornelia's eye damage can be reversed. Not like it's permanent.

Delphine was happy, she got to mutilate another black guy. I thought she was only cutting off toes, the next minute his intestines were all out eek.gif
steve1971 likes this.
post #193 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 214
My wife and I have caught all 3 series of The American Horror Stories and we both agreed that Coven so far is the best of the 3 so far. To bad the season is going to start wrapping up with next weeks episode. frown.gif
post #194 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I thought Blonde Toy Boy was going to freak out at the end when he boarded the bus because his last bus ride didn't go very well.
post #195 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

My wife and I have caught all 3 series of The American Horror Stories and we both agreed that Coven so far is the best of the 3 so far. To bad the season is going to start wrapping up with next weeks episode. frown.gif

I've enjoyed all the seasons so far although "Coven" is shaping up to be my favorite ..

Kathy Bates really steals the show, IMO .. when she's not on screen, a little bit of air drains out .. tongue.gif
darthrsg and steve1971 like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #196 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I've enjoyed all the seasons so far although "Coven" is shaping up to be my favorite ..

Kathy Bates really steals the show, IMO .. when she's not on screen, a little bit of air drains out .. tongue.gif

Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Francis Conroy are excellent. Their characters are so unforgettable and they portray them with such abandon. It cracked me up when Fiona asks for a martini and Marie asked for a Diet Sprite.

Interestingly, it turns out that Marie Lavaeu is an actual historical figure who practiced voodoo and was a hairdresser.
post #197 of 260 Old 01-16-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 709
post #198 of 260 Old 01-17-2014, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 162
IMO this show has pretty well turned into the jumbled mess that plagued last season. Wife and I both think they're just making it up as they go along again. At least it's campier than it has been, but it's still a mess.
post #199 of 260 Old 01-17-2014, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

IMO this show has pretty well turned into the jumbled mess that plagued last season. Wife and I both think they're just making it up as they go along again. At least it's campier than it has been, but it's still a mess.

At least the witches don't have wands and doing all pew pew magic.
post #200 of 260 Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

At least the witches don't have wands and doing all pew pew magic.

haha. Thank god they don't have wands biggrin.gif
post #201 of 260 Old 01-17-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Francis Conroy are excellent. Their characters are so unforgettable and they portray them with such abandon. It cracked me up when Fiona asks for a martini and Marie asked for a Diet Sprite.

I've liked Conroy since Six Feet Under .. Lange and Bassett are great .. but to me, Bates is just stealing the show .. in fact, next season should be built around her, IMO ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #202 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Last night's episode was mad! Like OMG, did that really happen? LOL biggrin.gif

Can't wait to read the replies.
post #203 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

Last night's episode was mad! Like OMG, did that really happen? LOL biggrin.gif

Can't wait to read the replies.

Yes, that was quite a ride. I mentioned to my wife as we started watching the show, that I couldn't imagine how they were going to wrap the season up, in only two episodes. Wow!
post #204 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Good deal smile.gif

I was confused about Marie. So she was killed, body parts scattered across down and then ate by alligators? I guess like T-2 (terminator) all her body parts just came together over days. How did Delphine and her daughters get locked up? She killed her daughters a hundred years ago I thought. I also thought Queenie stabbed Delphine to death. That whole scene confused me. Everybody was eventually dead but they all came back to life?

Finale next week should be great. They're all going to die except the Supreme! Well, I would think that's going to happen. Everybody will die trying to do those 7 magic powers.
post #205 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

My take is that Queenie convinced Papa Legba to take both Delphine and Marie. Marie was not technically dead. She was cut up and fed to the gators but not dead, but because she could not re-form, she could not deliver on her deal with Papa Legba so she was in breach of contract with him. I think Queenie convinced him Delphne was just a wretched person and she did not deserve to exist in the mortal world. When Queenie stabbed Delphine, she used her powers to transport her to hell. And as Papa Legba explained to Queenie, hell is based on the person, so the version we saw at the end was probably Delphine's with Marie inserted there for the torment of both.
Young C likes this.
post #206 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Good explanation!
post #207 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Is Fiona dead dead or will we see her again? So far all but Nan came back to life, will we see her?
post #208 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I think Fiona has been killed off for the remaining of the Coven series. I mean, she died during the episode before the finale. Don't think they'll bring her back for the finale. Nan might come back but I doubt it.
post #209 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think Fiona has been killed off for the remaining of the Coven series. I mean, she died during the episode before the finale. Don't think they'll bring her back for the finale. Nan might come back but I doubt it.

It would be a sad send off for Fiona to be written off so haphazardly after the build up of the struggle for Supremacy. I would like Fiona to resurrect herself to confront the Supreme-elect for the final time. Remember that Swamp Witch said she already had a plan on how to resurrect herself if anyone tried to kill her. Perhaps Fiona, as the Supreme, has that ability as well. And then there's also Madison's comment that her heart murmur was gone after she was brought back to life. If Fiona comes back free of cancer then she would be one formidable, pissed off witch!
post #210 of 260 Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

It would be a sad send off for Fiona to be written off so haphazardly after the build up of the struggle for Supremacy. I would like Fiona to resurrect herself to confront the Supreme-elect for the final time. Remember that Swamp Witch said she already had a plan on how to resurrect herself if anyone tried to kill her. Perhaps Fiona, as the Supreme, has that ability as well. And then there's also Madison's comment that her heart murmur was gone after she was brought back to life. If Fiona comes back free of cancer then she would be one formidable, pissed off witch!

Which would make the ending day-dream about Fiona slaughtering everybody realistic! eek.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page