The Originals - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries and set in New Orleans, The Originals centers on the Mikaelson siblings, otherwise known as the world's original vampires: Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), and Rebekah (Claire Holt). Now Klaus must take down his protégé, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), who is now in charge of New Orleans, in order to re-take his city, as he originally built New Orleans. Klaus departed from the city after being chased down by his father Mikael, while it was being constructed and Marcel took charge. As Klaus has returned after many years, his ego has provoked him to become the king of the city. "Every King needs an heir" says Klaus, accepting the unborn child. The child is a first to be born to a hybrid (part vampire, part werewolf) and a werewolf (Hayley). Written by Anaya Miller


I can't be the only one watching this show? Spin off of the Vampire Diaries . Premiered on Thusday, 10/3/13 Show's on Tuesday.
Wytchone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 81 Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm watching it for now but it's kind of boring.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is online now  
post #3 of 81 Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I trying to see where they are going with this show. It's only been 2 episodes but unless they can find a way to Harm an Original I cant see the show going anywhere.
Wytchone is offline  
post #4 of 81 Old 10-09-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
I watched the first episode last week and enjoyed it, but I won't get to see the second episode until the repeat on Thursday. It has the potential to be superior to The Vampire Diaries IMO, as it lacks much of the high school angst, but it's too early to tell.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #5 of 81 Old 10-16-2013, 12:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
I have watched all episodes so far.

Right now, I prefer it to Vampire Diaries.
The Originals dispenses with the teen-bopper stuff and delivers adult fare.

IMO, the best new show this season.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #6 of 81 Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
The more mature characters are nice, but it's still missing something, IMO. I have a feeling Daniel Gillies bowed out of the first few episodes to make splitting his time with Saving Hope easier, but the show suffers without him.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #7 of 81 Old 10-17-2013, 12:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

but the show suffers without him.
True.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #8 of 81 Old 10-17-2013, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
After further consideration, I guess the thing that bugs me most about this show is that Klaus is such a one-dimensional character. He worked well as a villain, but as a protagonist, he's kind of dull. He's too predictable, and I can't see his plans for world domination making for a compelling show in the long term. He needs to significantly grow as a character over the first season, or we're going to be stuck watching him try and fail to be dastardly week after week.

I'd also like to know why the most powerful teenage witch of all time has the hots for a vampire, since they're supposed to be mortal enemies.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #9 of 81 Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

After further consideration, I guess the thing that bugs me most about this show is that Klaus is such a one-dimensional character. He worked well as a villain, but as a protagonist, he's kind of dull. He's too predictable, and I can't see his plans for world domination making for a compelling show in the long term. He needs to significantly grow as a character over the first season, or we're going to be stuck watching him try and fail to be dastardly week after week.
He IS conflicted and vulnerable (as are the other 2 "originals" to various degrees).
We have seen his "soft" side on VD and how it gets him into trouble in one way or another.
This part of the Klaus, Rebecca, and Elijah characters needs to be front and center if the show is to last.

Quote:
I'd also like to know why the most powerful teenage witch of all time has the hots for a vampire, since they're supposed to be mortal enemies.
Like they say: sex is a weird thing...wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #10 of 81 Old 10-25-2013, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Starting to look forward to this show each week now.
Wytchone is offline  
post #11 of 81 Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Starting to look forward to this show each week now.
Glad you're aboard.
I think the showrunners have done a fine job so far.cool.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #12 of 81 Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
I wasn't entirely happy with the teenage angst in the last episode, though. We have the parent show for that. tongue.gif
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #13 of 81 Old 10-29-2013, 12:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I wasn't entirely happy with the teenage angst in the last episode, though. We have the parent show for that. tongue.gif
True.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #14 of 81 Old 10-31-2013, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
This week's episode bumped the show from good to great. Not only is Daniel Gillies back, but we finally have a better idea of what's going on. Maybe Davina isn't so crazy for shacking up with Marcel after all.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #15 of 81 Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

This week's episode bumped the show from good to great. Not only is Daniel Gillies back, but we finally have a better idea of what's going on. Maybe Davina isn't so crazy for shacking up with Marcel after all.
I missed the DVR recording and had to go on-line catch to this episode and it really explains a lot of what is going on under the surface in the Big Easy.

Great to see Elijah back in the mix.cool.gif
Wytchone likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #16 of 81 Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Another fine episode.

Klaus expressed his true self tonite and Elijah reminded everyone what he really is.

Enjoyed the humor opening the show too.

Marcel is coming dangerously close to losing his head.

At this point, I don't know why The Originals don't kill every witch within a thousand miles of Bourbon Street.
THEIR world would certainly be a better place.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #17 of 81 Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Well if they did that, what story would it be. IT seems people forget (Vamps and the show makers) how dangerous the Originals really are.
I seem to remember the dread just the mention of the names inspired in the Vampire Dairies.

So good to see Elijah back in action.
Wytchone is offline  
post #18 of 81 Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Well if they did that, what story would it be.
LOL, that's exactly what the wife said.

Quote:
IT seems people forget (Vamps and the show makers) how dangerous the Originals really are.
I agree, sometimes the show overlooks that fact and Klaus, Elijah, and Rebecca act < menacing.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #19 of 81 Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 AM
 
Shaun B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

I'm actually enjoying this show MORE than the Vampire Diaries. And although Klaus has been, until now, the most dangerous Original for his ruthlessness, I think Elijah is more dangerous and possibly more powerful than Klaus.

 

He is more noble, but man, that display in the church was more frightening than anything I've seen from Klaus. That was just crazy.

Shaun B is offline  
post #20 of 81 Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun B View Post

I'm actually enjoying this show MORE than the Vampire Diaries.
+1000000

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #21 of 81 Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
I've been pretty disappointed with this season of The Vampire Diaries, but The Originals is improving week-to-week. Elijah is older than Klaus, so it would make sense if he was stronger, but I think he just likes being flashy when he kills, since he's usually so restrained. I wonder how the witches will solve their dilemma now that there are no elders left to complete their ritual. I also wonder how Davina will react when she finds out that Elijah is using her "training" as a way to further his own goals on the side. I doubt she'll be too happy to be used like that. wink.gif

The only thing that's bothering me is Cammy, as her side story seems superfluous at this point, so I'm not sure why she's still around. I hope something happens to make her more important, as right now she's just this show's Matt equivalent as the obligatory human who's gotten caught up in all of the supernatural drama.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #22 of 81 Old 11-07-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I've been pretty disappointed with this season of The Vampire Diaries, but The Originals is improving week-to-week. Elijah is older than Klaus, so it would make sense if he was stronger, but I think he just likes being flashy when he kills, since he's usually so restrained.
I thought Klaus was the oldest...different father and all IIRC.confused.gif

Quote:
I wonder how the witches will solve their dilemma now that there are no elders left to complete their ritual. I also wonder how Davina will react when she finds out that Elijah is using her "training" as a way to further his own goals on the side. I doubt she'll be too happy to be used like that. wink.gif
The witches have to remain a threat somehow, otherwise we just have vamp on vamp slapdowns.
Quote:
The only thing that's bothering me is Cammy, as her side story seems superfluous at this point, so I'm not sure why she's still around. I hope something happens to make her more important, as right now she's just this show's Matt equivalent as the obligatory human who's gotten caught up in all of the supernatural drama.
Yeah, that.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #23 of 81 Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
By age, they are Elijah > Finn > Niklaus > Kol > Rebekah.

Regarding the witches, I find it amusing that neither this nor the parent show have any warlocks. Do the witches reproduce through fission? biggrin.gif
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #24 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

By age, they are Elijah > Finn > Niklaus > Kol > Rebekah.
Does Niklaus have the same father as everyone else?

Quote:
Regarding the witches, I find it amusing that neither this nor the parent show have any warlocks. Do the witches reproduce through fission? biggrin.gif
Good question.
IIRC, in the Vampire Diaries it was stated witches have human fathers and magic descends thru the female line.confused.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #25 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Does Niklaus have the same father as everyone else?
Good question.
IIRC, in the Vampire Diaries it was stated witches have human fathers and magic descends thru the female line.confused.gif

Niklaus father was a Werewolf. His mother cheated and he's was the family only Hybrid when mom made vamps. Elijah is his older brother and as he said that's why he so protective towards Niklaus, When dad beat Nik, Elijah did nothing to stop him.

They just had a male Witches (yep Warlock is a Hollywood term) on VD last night. Had at least 3 with the oldest being Silas. They even had a few the week before when wolf baby mamma was attacked in the swamp.
Wytchone is offline  
post #26 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 150
This show is also tons better than Dracula.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #27 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Niklaus father was a Werewolf. His mother cheated and he's was the family only Hybrid when mom made vamps. Elijah is his older brother and as he said that's why he so protective towards Niklaus, When dad beat Nik, Elijah did nothing to stop him.
Ahhh, now I remember.redface.gif

Quote:
They just had a male Witches (yep Warlock is a Hollywood term) on VD last night. Had at least 3 with the oldest being Silas. They even had a few the week before when wolf baby mamma was attacked in the swamp.
Yeah, I watch VD religiously.
BTW, good episode last night....probably best of the year.smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

This show is also tons better than Dracula.
+10000000
Still on-board with Dracula, but I have put it on a thin leash.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #28 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Not sure how Tyler is going to take on Klaus. He never seemed to be a match for him.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is online now  
post #29 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Wytchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LaPlace, La.
Posts: 4,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Not sure how Tyler is going to take on Klaus. He never seemed to be a match for him.
That's the whole Idea behind the Originals. No one really can. Silas could not kill one just make them insane. Unless we see a power drop or some yet unnamed power, the Originals are un-killable.

That being said there are ways to deal with that. Chop em up , bury parts all over the world come to mind smile.gif
Wytchone is offline  
post #30 of 81 Old 11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,961
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

That being said there are ways to deal with that. Chop em up , bury parts all over the world come to mind smile.gif

That's the thing that's bothered me most about the originals since their introduction. They're supposed to be impossible to kill, but nobody has even though of beheading them. Their skin isn't made of steel or anything, so surely they couldn't survive that, unless they're like Homunculi, and their dismembered parts turn to dust and return to their bodies. tongue.gif

Is Tyler going to become a main character of The Originals, now that he's left TVD? I haven't seen any official announcements of him joining the cast, but that would seem to be the direction they're going.
Aleron Ives is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off