"Almost Human" on FOX HD - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
They're the human equivalent of tomatoes that were genetically enhanced to be big, red and juicy. wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I haven't been watching this show consistently. Can someone explain what "Chromes" are? Are they humans that have been genetically altered after birth or are they grown from test tubes?

"Chromes" may be just over the horizon.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #393 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

Can someone explain what "Chromes" are? Are they humans that have been genetically altered after birth or are they grown from test tubes?

Chromosome enhanced human beings, genetically engineered to be free from heredity diseases, to be stronger, smarter, longer-lived, and beautiful.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #394 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

They're the human equivalent of tomatoes that were genetically enhanced to be big, red and juicy. wink.gif

I don't know why but I'm trying to figure out if they were modified after they were born or they were engineered from conception.
post #395 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I don't know why but I'm trying to figure out if they were modified after they were born or they were engineered from conception.
From conception, the egg has had the DNA manipulated to get rid of bad traits and enhance good traits, what ever those may be. No doubt there's also the ability to "customize" your offspring as well. At least that's my take on what "chroms" are.

Actually, I just gave them a copy of my DNA, no changes or improvements were needed. biggrin.gif
hooked01 likes this.
post #396 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

From conception, the egg has had the DNA manipulated to get rid of bad traits and enhance good traits, what ever those may be. No doubt there's also the ability to "customize" your offspring as well. At least that's my take on what "chroms" are.

Actually, I just gave them a copy of my DNA, no changes or improvements were needed. biggrin.gif

Thanks. My curiosity has been quenched.
post #397 of 467 Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

Ironic. "Chromes" is what we call bald people today. The "Chromes" of the future will have full heads of hair.
Keenan likes this.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #398 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 147
When I think "Chromes" I think of Gattica...

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #399 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 632
When I think of chromes, this is what I think of....

Keenan likes this.
post #400 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Yeah I love Minka Kelly's beauty, she's cast perfectly as a Chrome, which she reminded us like every 10 seconds, we got it, you are waaaay beautiful, but you can't act..

The blind girl out-acted Minka easily

About that, I saw that coming, "I wonder if that girl he wants to date is blind and he killed so many people for nothing" and there you go..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #401 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah I love Minka Kelly's beauty, she's cast perfectly as a Chrome, which she reminded us like every 10 seconds, we got it, you are waaaay beautiful, but you can't act..

Really?? I'm not saying she bays at the moon or anything, she is attractive. I just don't see her as being as smoking hot as the comments here imply.
post #402 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post

Really?? I'm not saying she bays at the moon or anything, she is attractive. I just don't see her as being as smoking hot as the comments here imply.

You're kidding, right? smile.gif
post #403 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've enjoyed this show despite Fox 'fireflying" it by screening episodes out of order and interrupting it etc. Any ideas if this show will be renewed for another season?
post #404 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamawass View Post

I've enjoyed this show despite Fox 'fireflying" it by screening episodes out of order and interrupting it etc. Any ideas if this show will be renewed for another season?

Nope, it's all quiet on the PR front.

The show is a toss up for renewal by the TVbytheNumbers.com cancellation bear. The show's ratings are consistently mediocre. It probably doesn't help that the show has a lot of FX work so it probably isn't cheap.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/25/fox-predictions-almost-human-back-to-a-toss-up-to-be-canceled-or-renewed/239334/

post #405 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Nope, it's all quiet on the PR front.

The show is a toss up for renewal by the TVbytheNumbers.com cancellation bear. The show's ratings are consistently mediocre. It probably doesn't help that the show has a lot of FX work so it probably isn't cheap.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/25/fox-predictions-almost-human-back-to-a-toss-up-to-be-canceled-or-renewed/239334/
On the subject of special effects I read a very interesting article the other day that talks about the cost of the work and what has happened to the domestic workforce in the industry.

REVEALED: MPAA’s latest anti-piracy move accidentally, completely screws Hollywood studios
post #406 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Quote:

You're kidding, right? smile.gif

I agree w/ your assessment. She's got the "look". smile.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #407 of 467 Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:

Quote:

post #408 of 467 Old 02-28-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

OK... she's hot!
Case closed.
I have to go to my bunk now (a little Firefly humor)....

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #409 of 467 Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

OK... she's hot!
Case closed.
I have to go to my bunk now (a little Firefly humor)....

Whenever I think of Firefly in connection with an incredibly beautiful woman, I think of Christina Hendricks as the luscious Saffron in the Our Mrs. Reynolds episode. It's hard for me to get my mind around the notion that the episode first aired nearly 12 years ago. In the immortal word of Vizzini in The Princess Bride, "Inconceivable!" smile.gif
Vipfreak likes this.
post #410 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 179
For ‘Almost Human,’ a dramatic farewell
First-year Fox show wraps with little chance of return
By Louisa Ada Seltzer, Media Life Magazine - Mar. 3, 2014

There’s little chance “Almost Human,” the new Fox drama that airs its first-season finale tonight at 8 p.m., will return for a second season.

“Human” simply reflects the sorry state of drama right now on the network, where many have struggled this year.

The exceptions are “Sleepy Hollow,” the network’s No. 1 drama in a 16-episode run last fall, and “Bones,” the reliable 10th-year show that will replace “Human” on Mondays next week after posting decent ratings during a brief Friday night run.

“Human” didn’t post awful numbers, but it never really gained any momentum despite getting a special premiere behind Fox’s highly rated Sunday NFL games in November.

It posted a very solid 3.1 adults 18-49 rating in its debut, but its ratings quickly declined. Last week’s penultimate episode averaged a 1.6.

But “Human” is hardly the only struggling drama on Fox right now. Fellow first-year drama “Rake” mustered a mere 0.8 last week despite airing behind “American Idol.”

And even “The Following,” last year’s top-rated new show, has seen ratings slump, tying “Human” with a 1.6 last week in its 9 p.m. Monday timeslot.

Fox could decide to scrap all three shows. The network is already in production on a highly anticipated new drama, “Gotham,” a Batman origin tale.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/almost-human-dramatic-farewell/

post #411 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:

Whenever I think of Firefly in connection with an incredibly beautiful woman, I think of Christina Hendricks as the luscious Saffron in the Our Mrs. Reynolds episode. It's hard for me to get my mind around the notion that the episode first aired nearly 12 years ago. In the immortal word of Vizzini in The Princess Bride, "Inconceivable!" smile.gif

It's funny -- most Hollywood actresses keep their figures or get thinner as they age to keep themselves attractive enough to continue getting cast (not making a value judgement here, that's just the way the acting world works). Christina Hendricks went the other way - waaay the other way. In spite of that, she nailed down the "role of a lifetime" as Joan on 'Mad Men'. It may have been her pneumatic voluptuousness that got her the role, who knows?
post #412 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 95
So it could be the series finale tonight? oh well farewell, we'll have 24 very soon, but if they are moving Bones to Monday when will 24 air? or would it replace The Following?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #413 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So it could be the series finale tonight? oh well farewell, we'll have 24 very soon, but if they are moving Bones to Monday when will 24 air? or would it replace The Following?

As much as I enjoyed Karl Urban and Michael Ealy's performances, in retrospect, it seems to me that the show was doomed from the git go by its grotesquely miscast supporting players.
post #414 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Quote:

Woohoo - 24! I can't wait!
Quote:

As much as I enjoyed Karl Urban and Michael Ealy's performances, in retrospect, it seems to me that the show was doomed from the git go by its grotesquely miscast supporting players.

And Fox airing the story out of order. mad.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #415 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Apparently this show is third best at increasing its ratings when DVR viewing is factored in, sadly it will not be enough to save it from cancellation.
post #416 of 467 Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21

TVBytheNumbers upgraded it less than a week ago, from 'likely to be canceled' to 'on the bubble.'    Sorry to read they're moving Bones to this slot again, I was hoping Fox had something new for Spring.

post #417 of 467 Old 03-04-2014, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Honestly I can't say the show or the writers have done themselves any favors this season. It had one arc which Fox screwed up but the other stories never had any momentum. This final episode went out with no style at all. Just another generic serial killer. At the least they could have tied it back to the XRN or Insyndicate to give the season some kind of bookend. The story of Kennex father might have worked better if it had been a mystery sown through the season but it was a one and done kind of thing.

The testicular callback was good and the usual rapport was well done. They even made an attempt to add some personality to the bald cop beyond "arrogant ass", but I was wondering why bother this late? The show should have gone out with an android-powered kick to the testes but just kind of hopped to a finish with little fanfare.

post #418 of 467 Old 03-04-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Adios, Almost Human. It has been a mediocre ride, with the lows out weighing the highs.

When I initially saw the YouTube trailer for the show, I was very excited. It is too bad it didn't turn out like the trailers made it out to be.

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #419 of 467 Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I am disappointed since the show appeared to be getting better. FOX strikes again. They should give this show a chance. The numbers weren't horrible.
post #420 of 467 Old 03-04-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
No major cliffhangers at least. (Somewhat) fun while it lasted.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page