'True Detective' on HBO HD - Page 51 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 39Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1501 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,360
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Skanky? That seems a bit harsh, do you know either of them personally to substantiate that description?

Are you being serious? Not being snarky, just asking.
Tack is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1502 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 29,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Are you being serious? Not being snarky, just asking.
I just think it's a dated and derogatory term used to stereotype a group of people based on what they do for a living. It denotes that there's something dirty or undesirable about them, it's just not a term I would use.
Keenan is online now  
post #1503 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 29,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
They can probably shoot in more than one location at a time, depending upon the budget.
Yes, no doubt, but what I was getting at is if there're too many locations it will reduce the time spent in those locations and reduce the value and or possible interaction of the location in the overall story itself. Would the first series of TD have been anywhere near as good if it was located in say, New York City, Long Island and parts of New Jersey? I loved the fact the environment played a substantial part in the story and I'm hoping that dynamic is not reduced to just boucing around a bunch of different locations in California diluting the effect and atmosphere of the locations they do use. In other words, use too many locations and the locations themselves end up adding nothing to the story, they could be Anywhere, USA and it would have zero influence or importance to the story.

I'm still going to watch every episode though!
jazzycat likes this.
Keenan is online now  
post #1504 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
Member
 
jazzycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, no doubt, but what I was getting at is if there're too many locations it will reduce the time spent in those locations and reduce the value and or possible interaction of the location in the overall story itself. Would the first series of TD have been anywhere near as good if it was located in say, New York City, Long Island and parts of New Jersey? I loved the fact the environment played a substantial part in the story and I'm hoping that dynamic is not reduced to just boucing around a bunch of different locations in California diluting the effect and atmosphere of the locations they do use. In other words, use too many locations and the locations themselves end up adding nothing to the story, they could be Anywhere, USA and it would have zero influence or importance to the story.

I'm still going to watch every episode though!
Gotcha. I misunderstood what you were saying. Personally, I love California and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the locations, particularly Big Sur. I love that place. I hope they do a lot of the filming there.

I watched the show for the first time a few weeks ago over a few days. I thought it was very well done and atmospheric.
Keenan likes this.
jazzycat is online now  
post #1505 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,360
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I just think it's a dated and derogatory term used to stereotype a group of people based on what they do for a living. It denotes that there's something dirty or undesirable about them, it's just not a term I would use.

Jeez, I cant argue with you if you are going to be that nice. I had a modified American Psycho line ready to go too.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Tack is online now  
post #1506 of 1508 Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 29,292
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Jeez, I cant argue with you if you are going to be that nice. I had a modified American Psycho line ready to go too.
Keenan is online now  
post #1507 of 1508 Old Today, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
saeyedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Hmmm....
I totally agree Daddario>>>porn starts

http://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jiha...-moments-video
some NSFW scenes at the end
saeyedoc is online now  
post #1508 of 1508 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 29,209
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
I totally agree Daddario>>>porn starts

http://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jiha...-moments-video
some NSFW scenes at the end
OK, now I am TOTALLY convinced.

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off