'True Detective' on HBO HD - Page 72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 307Likes
post #2131 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 02:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked: 1573
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
The only way I can finish this series if were told there bringing in Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell to take Vince on a wedding crash.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
(I hope he'd decided to not contest custody /before/ he snorted the lawyer money.)
He did the drugs to generate the courage to make the call.

Quote:
Is it going to turn out the grown up kids are taking revenge on people. Who knows, but it's kind of late to introduce a crucial element to the case.
I really doubt this; it's just too bone-headed of a plot development...even for NP.

Quote:
The orgy thing, I don't get what they thought they were going to accomplish putting Ani's literal ass on the line. Were they going to bust everybody for prostitution and solicitation? Were they hoping to uncover a vast criminal conspiracy by conveniently finding signed contracts in a drawer? They didn't even have any surveillance or recording gear. I guess Ani wanted to find a girl who was maybe not already dead because who knows you might just run into her in the bathroom while you try to vomit up the drug you didn't swallow.
I wondered this as well.
Cops breaking in with guns drawn to commit a burglary and assaulting the armed private guards for the sake of possibly finding evidence that would be inadmissible in a court of law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lils Roro View Post
Is this really the way California detectives operate?
Yeah, pretty much.

Space For Rent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Yeah, pretty much.
As a true blue east coaster, Mark Fuhrman comes to mind. No flames please.
post #2133 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
As a true blue east coaster, Mark Fuhrman comes to mind. No flames please.
It's much, much more than that...

Space For Rent
post #2134 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
It's much, much more than that...
So LA Confidential, Chinatown are reality based?
post #2135 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
LOL.

Cops breaking in with guns drawn to commit a burglary and assaulting the armed private guards for the sake of possibly finding evidence that would be inadmissible in a court of law?
Yes, I didn't understand at all why Paul was so excited to find signatures all over the contracts. Just one of many lines in S2 that seems non-sensical.
post #2136 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 03:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2330 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Yes, I didn't understand at all why Paul was so excited to find signatures all over the contracts. Just one of many lines in S2 that seems non-sensical.

It was the names of the signatures he wanted. Those docs could help connect more dots.

Sent from nowhere
Keenan likes this.
post #2137 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 03:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
It was the names of the signatures he wanted. Those docs could help connect more dots.
AND worth the risk?

Space For Rent
post #2138 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 86
So, in spite of the many "Hopeful" comments as the series passed, we have a DUD? Yet again in some respects?
Can 2 final epps save this convoluted series? But last year, bla bla. This is not last year. It's now.

Hangin on till the next season of? Not much left IMO.
post #2139 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere
I understand getting a list of investors would be helpful, maybe. Stealing the actual contracts would seem to be counter-productive as it puts the investors on notice that their identities have been revealed, and any evidence the detectives uncover as a result would not be allowable.

Presumably the contracts on their face are legal, else it would be pointless to have them signed, so even if the contracts are allowable evidence, to what end?
post #2140 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 04:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
I understand getting a list of investors would be helpful, maybe. Stealing the actual contracts would seem to be counter-productive as it puts the investors on notice that their identities have been revealed, and any evidence the detectives uncover as a result would not be allowable.

Presumably the contracts on their face are legal, else it would be pointless to have them signed, so even if the contracts are allowable evidence, to what end?
Remember, the team is just looking for clues to solve a murder, they really don't care about land deals or any other peripheral activity surrounding the murder. Those documents, and the faces Ani saw might help them to that end.
post #2141 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 141
She didn't vomit the drug she didn't swallow
as an aerosol, in the mouth, it gets absorbed in the mouth tissue and sublingually, given the time frame

I was expecting Fonzie, on his motorcycle, to show up and help with the getaway . .AYFKM!

The true detection necessary here is for NP to find for a way to engagingly and convincingly connect all this shotgunned/splooged all over the place faltering collection of not so very interesting so called "plot" points.

On a more positive note,
He has, otherwise, made me re-think "Snakes on a Plane' , not really so bad . . .

DIY FAN Denon X5200 , Emotiva UPA7, for 7.3.4 ATMOS/DSU/NEO:X SHARP 80" LED/LCD
FL/FR: DIYSG Fusion 15's , C: DIYSG 88 Special , SL/SR: RC3II , SRL/SRR: F-3Towers, TF & TR: SLX, FW: Volt 6
2 30" BF THTLP'S , SUBMAXIMUS, & 2 LOWARHORNs
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/401-di...rs-subwoofers/
www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1485120-submaximus-large-front-loaded-horn
post #2142 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I guess these series have to have a large criminal conspiracy to sustain the length of a season, even a season of just 8 episodes.

If there is a season 3, it might be nice change to not have such a large conspiracy involving "powerful men."

But NP seems to have a taste for gothic crimes, with victims killed in exotic ways. Of course he's not the only one, as many movies and shows try to have these larger-than-life criminals, like Hannibal Lecter or whoever the serial killer was in Seven, which I didn't see.

Would the TD formula of having flawed detectives working cases and waxing philosophically work if the cases were fairly mundane?

Probably not, they have to be able to draw out the resolution of the case through the whole season so that means complicated cases, which seem elusive until the end.
post #2143 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I feel a little let down with this last episode. So many chicks yet the nudity ratio was too low. If you are going to give us some Eyes Wide Shut type of sex party, give us some proper full nudity of really hot chicks.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #2144 of 2145 Unread Yesterday, 11:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
The true detection necessary here is for NP to find for a way to engagingly and convincingly connect all this shotgunned/splooged all over the place faltering collection of not so very interesting so called "plot" points.
At this point in time, it would take a miracle (of the Jesus kind) to pull that off.

Quote:
He has, otherwise, made me re-think "Snakes on a Plane' , not really so bad . . .
OK, that's funny...I don't care who you are.

Space For Rent
post #2145 of 2145 Unread Today, 04:22 AM
sa

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
I feel a little let down with this last episode. So many chicks yet the nudity ratio was too low. If you are going to give us some Eyes Wide Shut type of sex party, give us some proper full nudity of really hot chicks.
HBO has gone limp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming