Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Does it text too?
Yes, but not while driving.

Don't remember if I have posted this before:

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3602 of 6092 Old 05-04-2014, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Yes, but not while driving.

Don't remember if I have posted this before:

Love the look of the Aston, clean and muscular.
post #3603 of 6092 Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Love the look of the Aston, clean and muscular.
The modern Astons are the most beautiful of exotics IMO....classic, timeless.wink.gif

post #3604 of 6092 Old 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
I know it's not F1 but did anyone watch the TUDOR racing at Laguna Seca today? It's one of my favorite tracks of all time and it's only a 2.5-3hr drive from here. Almost went but then... didn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- direct pod link

- main website

post #3605 of 6092 Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

I know it's not F1 but did anyone watch the TUDOR racing at Laguna Seca today? It's one of my favorite tracks of all time and it's only a 2.5-3hr drive from here. Almost went but then... didn't.

Watched a bit... man those open 2 seaters look goofy. It'd be better if it was all GT cars IMO.
post #3606 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post

Watched a bit... man those open 2 seaters look goofy. It'd be better if it was all GT cars IMO.

I watched too, great track, and I am the opposite of you, I love those open 2-seaters. Yeah they do look goofy, but I love when a car is different looking if its neat, and I really like these!!!!

Hey, what a shame when a leader runs out of fuel so close to the finish, wow that was heartbreaking.

never take life seriously
post #3607 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I know it's not F1 but did anyone watch the TUDOR racing at Laguna Seca today?
Yes sir, I certainly did.
In fact, "both" races.

Quote:
Almost went but then... didn't.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post

Watched a bit... man those open 2 seaters look goofy.
Car designs left over from the American LeMans Series.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I watched too, great track, and I am the opposite of you, I love those open 2-seaters. Yeah they do look goofy, but I love when a car is different looking if its neat, and I really like these!!!!
Me too....much more than the cookie-cutter Daytona DP cars.

Quote:
Hey, what a shame when a leader runs out of fuel so close to the finish, wow that was heartbreaking.
Although it looked like he ran out at the top of the corkscrew, he did manage to get about 50-100 yards from the finish line.
With it being so early in the season, All Or Nothing seems like bad strategy to me.
Just one more cup of fuel and....wink.gif
Scott Simonian and yankeeman like this.

post #3608 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I guess they're not allowed to pull a "Jack Brabham" these days.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/16187.html
yankeeman likes this.
post #3609 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
The telephoto shot of him sitting on the straight stopped with the finish flag waving ahead of him explained it all. So close to winning, the car was definitely running well as it was leading.
post #3610 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Great....now they will sound like the Civics running around on the street with the fart cans.......rolleyes.gif

Noise boosting solutions to be tried in Spain

Formula 1 looks set for a noiser future from the Canadian Grand Prix onwards as multiple solutions to turn up the volume will be trialled during the post-Spanish GP test.

During a meeting in China a fortnight ago and then a follow-up meeting this week, the three engine manufacturers presented several ideas which could increase the noise from the power unit.

It comes as some fans, circuit bosses and Bernie Ecclestone lashed out against the new quieter V6 units which, because of the turbocharger, sound much quieter than before.

In an effort to change that, the FIA agreed to find a solution and put it to the suppliers: Mercedes; Renault and Ferrari, to come up with ideas to be tested in Spain before their likely introduction ahead of the Canadian GP in June.

According to Mercedes' Toto Wolff, the ideas centre around the exhaust, and whilst they've yet to agree on the best approach, he isn't happy with the idea of widening the exit like a 'megaphone'.

"We discussed what solutions there might be, and us at Mercedes also have our approaches and proposals," he is quoted as saying by Speed Week.

"We have some highly complex solutions within the exhaust system and also one like a 'megaphone' that simply opens up at the end.

"I do not know if the latter is what we should be doing in F1, but nevertheless we will come with our suggestions and approaches. We will try them out on the car in Barcelona and see if they have the effect that we are looking for," he added.
post #3611 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Vettel: Under braking and in the corners I have an absolute lack of confidence

Quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel has renewed his attack on the new era Formula 1. Ffter he was rebuked by the FIA for earlier calling the mild sound of the V6 engines “sh*t”, he is now admitting that he has ‘no confidence’ in the car.

Now with more refined comments, the reigning quadruple world champion does not hide his obvious disdain for the sport’s new configuration.

“We are a sport that is famous for being loud and dangerous,” Red Bull driver Vettel told the German newsmagazine Focus.

“We run the risk of losing the essence of motor sports,” he charged.

When asked about the new, quiet and V6-powered engines, Vettel responded: “I would prefer a V10 or V12 with 1000 horse power – lots of power.

“I would like to drive cars that are as fast as they can be – I need to feel as though I am taming a dragon or a beast,” he explained.

“Compared to last season, this impression has diminished an awful lot,” said Vettel, who has struggled in 2014 alongside his new teammate Daniel Ricciardo.

“The car does not know what I want,” explained the 26-year-old, referring to the Adrian Newey-penned new RB10 and his troubles at the wheel.

“Under braking and in the corners I have an absolute lack of confidence,” added Vettel.
post #3612 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Apparently they are dead set on destroying F1! mad.gif

Formula 1 could axe Friday morning practice to cut costs

Formula 1 could axe Friday morning free practice sessions next year, as teams study how to cut costs in the absence of a mandatory budget cap.

Although keenly supported by the small teams, and championed by FIA president Jean Todt, the 2015 budget cap was vetoed by the powerful ‘Strategy Group’ teams including grandees Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes.

The smaller teams are furious, but in a crisis meeting in London last week, they were asked to come back in a fortnight with some cost-cutting rule proposals of their own.

Sport Bild claims that one of the measures under consideration is reducing the Grand Prix weekend by one 90-minute practice session from 2015.

Another proposed rule change is the extension of the current ‘parc ferme’ regulations.

Currently, the specification of the cars is effectively ‘frozen’ only after qualifying, meaning that until then new parts are almost constantly flown in from the teams’ European factories at huge expense.

It is now proposed that, for 2015, ‘parc ferme’ is to come into effect immediately after a sole practice session on Friday afternoon.

Sport Bild reports that, at Biggin Hill last week, the teams also discussed limiting aerodynamic updates – for example a maximum of four front wing specification changes per season – but could not unanimously agree.

“There was a meeting last week,” confirmed Mercedes’ Toto Wolff, “and costs were discussed. It is the unanimous opinion of the teams that costs must be drastically reduced.”

However, he defended the big teams’ decision to veto the budget cap.

“We have to be honest,” he is quoted by Speed Week. “There are big differences in the agendas of the teams.

“If you think about Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari – and also McLaren who are with Honda from next year – the main objective is to represent a multinational, global brand.

“And that is of course very different from the small teams who are simply there to race in Formula 1.

“But Formula 1 is all of these teams together, the big and the small, and you have to respect that and find solutions that will help everyone in the long term.

“The budget cap is a difficult one, because there are some teams who do not want it. And also by their very design it would be very difficult to control, such as for Ferrari who have the Formula 1 team all under the same roof as the major global company,” Wolff explained.
post #3613 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Spain broadcast info.

TeflonSoul likes this.
post #3614 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 852
The IndyCar Grand Prix of Indianapolis is Saturday at 3:30p EST on ABC. It is a 2.44 mile 14 turn track. Part of it is on the old F1 track that has been repaved and some of it is new track. Not sure yet but I hope it will be one of the races that they are having a standing start for this year. Should be great!
yankeeman likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #3615 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

The IndyCar Grand Prix of Indianapolis is Saturday at 3:30p EST on ABC. It is a 2.44 mile 14 turn track. Part of it is on the old F1 track that has been repaved and some of it is new track. Not sure yet but I hope it will be one of the races that they are having a standing start for this year. Should be great!

Wow…I hd no idea they were doing this two weeks before the 500.

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/grandprixofindianapolis/eventinfo/52373-Event-Information/

I can't say I follow IndyCar much anymore. They fell off my radar after the IRL/CART split. but this certainly looks interesting.
post #3616 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

As far as I know IndyCars have never raced on a road course at Indy so it will be history in the making. And from everything I've heard it should be a great race.

post #3617 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Great....now they will sound like the Civics running around on the street with the fart cans.......rolleyes.gif
Unless there is a completely new turbo engine technology coming next year, I doubt these band-aids will be effective.
The problem is the fundamentals of a turbo-based motor.

F1 is coming close to losing a lot of traditional fans and driving them to Sports Cars series (like TUDOR, DTM, and WEC) where the cars still howl like banshees.

Quote:

“We are a sport that is famous for being loud and dangerous,” Red Bull driver Vettel told the German newsmagazine Focus.

“We run the risk of losing the essence of motor sports,” he charged.

When asked about the new, quiet and V6-powered engines, Vettel responded: “I would prefer a V10 or V12 with 1000 horse power – lots of power.

“I would like to drive cars that are as fast as they can be – I need to feel as though I am taming a dragon or a beast,” he explained.
Spoken like a TRUE Grand Prix racer....wink.gif

Quote:

“We have to be honest,” he is quoted by Speed Week. “There are big differences in the agendas of the teams.

“If you think about Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari – and also McLaren who are with Honda from next year – the main objective is to represent a multinational, global brand.

“And that is of course very different from the small teams who are simply there to race in Formula 1.

“But Formula 1 is all of these teams together, the big and the small, and you have to respect that and find solutions that will help everyone in the long term.
He has a point here.
I don't know where the solution lies.

post #3618 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Bass Enabler

Quote:

F1 is coming close to losing a lot of traditional fans and driving them to Sports Cars series (like TUDOR, DTM, and WEC) where the cars still howl like banshees.

I think this is the real reason I never fully got into modern F1, televised or in general. Too much politics and bureaucracy.

TUDOR at Seca was the best time I've had watching racing on tv.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3619 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think this is the real reason I never fully got into modern F1, televised or in general. Too much politics and bureaucracy.

TUDOR at Seca was the best time I've had watching racing on tv.
Scott, you should have went to the race.
The weather looked great and there was 2 races for the price of one.
After watching the telecast, I'm kicking myself in ass for not being there.rolleyes.gif

post #3620 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

If there's any team that's all about racing in F1 its Ferrari. Or at least that has always been the case. They sell road cars and merchandise to raise money for their F1 efforts. Not the other way around like most.
Scott Simonian likes this.

post #3621 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I am late to the party, but I finally watched my DVR recording of "Hunt vs. Lauda". What a great program! That all happened well before I became aware of F1 so it was great to see not just the film of the cars on track but the actual interviews with the participants.

What I found even more interesting was that forty years on, there is still no love lost between the McLaren and Ferrari team managers of the day.

I second the recommendation to check it out if you have not seen it before.
post #3622 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I am late to the party, but I finally watched my DVR recording of "Hunt vs. Lauda". What a great program! That all happened well before I became aware of F1 so it was great to see not just the film of the cars on track but the actual interviews with the participants.

What I found even more interesting was that forty years on, there is still no love lost between the McLaren and Ferrari team managers of the day.

I second the recommendation to check it out if you have not seen it before.
I haven't watched my DVR recording yet, but will soon.smile.gif

post #3623 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:

I haven't watched my DVR recording yet, but will soon.smile.gif

When you get up from your nap?

The tucked in sidearm is hilarious. smile.gif

post #3624 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Bass Enabler

Finally got around to watching 'Hunt vs Lauda' too. It was so good I watched it twice and then felt the need to watch Rush again. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3625 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

biggrin.gif...I didn't see that in his avatar pic.
post #3626 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Bass Enabler

Note to self: pulled pork sammich later tomorrow.

Tonight, tacos.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3627 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

When you get up from your nap?

Passed-out swine can never be too careful....

Quote:

Note to self: pulled pork sammich later tomorrow.
SAVAGE!!!

post #3628 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Bass Enabler

At least I'm giving the poor fellow a one day head start.

Earn dem hooves of freedom! tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3629 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Rosberg claims he is better than Hamilton in the dry

Nico Rosberg is sounding far from defeated ahead of the Spanish grand prix.

The German, although still leading the drivers' world championship by a few points, has seen his teammate Lewis Hamilton win the last three races on the trot.

But far from expecting to fall in line behind the Briton when the battle resumes in Barcelona, Rosberg on Monday told German television RTL his plan for Spain is "full attack".

"To know I have the fastest car to drive is so inspiring," said the 28-year-old.

Rosberg said the goal for Barcelona is not to hold Hamilton off but to "extend the championship lead", which will almost certainly require him to beat his on-form teammate on the track.

He won in Australia when Hamilton retired, but in Malaysia, Bahrain and China, Rosberg saw the other Silver Arrows with the upper hand.

Bahrain, however, was a true and rare wheel-to-wheel battle, with Rosberg claiming that when all was well with the two Brackley-built cars in 2014, the Mercedes pecking order is "undecided".

"I was better in the dry, him in the rain," said Rosberg.

Hamilton has also hogged the qualifying limelight so far this year, but last year at the Circuit de Catalunya, it was Rosberg on pole ahead of the 2008 world champion.

Now, "pole position will be very important for the battle with Lewis" this weekend, said a feisty Rosberg ahead of the 2014 Spanish race.

Hamilton and Rosberg's relationship dates right back to their boyhoods, but suddenly the prize is the biggest one in the entire world of motor sport -- the F1 title.

Rosberg admits that is making their personal relationship "a bit harder" than in the past.

"But luckily we have experienced it all before, even right back to karting," he said.
post #3630 of 6092 Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

At least I'm giving the poor fellow a one day head start.

Earn dem hooves of freedom! tongue.gif
Cold, man.....just cold.eek.gif

Quote:

Bahrain, however, was a true and rare wheel-to-wheel battle, with Rosberg claiming that when all was well with the two Brackley-built cars in 2014, the Mercedes pecking order is "undecided".

"I was better in the dry, him in the rain," said Rosberg.
Keep telling yourself that son.....

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page