Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Its a standing start! Woohoo!

Well THAT was a bit of a fuster cluck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/indianapolis-mayor-hit-by-debris-from-indycar-crash--not-seriously-injured-212036784.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 5333 Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 826
lol A race experience to tell the kids about.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #3723 of 5333 Old 05-10-2014, 11:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Vettel isn't the only one who is getting bored with this season. Mercedes' dominance and the markedly inferior performance of the rest of the teams have made my eyes glaze over.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

The start of this race should be epic. I wonder how many spots Massa can jackrabbit past. He may have a promising career in Top Fuel dragsters after F1.

RoGro is up front too. Carnage may be only milliseconds away. Maybe he'll out brake everyone including himself right into the back of the Mercs. wink.gif

We should have an over/under on how many cars Alonso passes in the first two laps. I'll give him three. Don't think he'll get Danny.

Vettels car is about two seconds faster than the cars he's starting around, so that should be fun too.
The big fun could be with the 2 Ferrari drivers.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #3724 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 04:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Go Scuderia Ferrari!

post #3725 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Go Scuderia Ferrari!

Yeah, backwards I'm afraid.rolleyes.gif
post #3726 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Driveby

post #3727 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Good race.
Was really hoping Ferrari would take 2nd in the Constructors this week. But Vettel made sure that didnt happen. The drive of the race has to be Vettel. Too bad we didnt get to see any of it. They showed him more when he was stuck behind Bottas than they did when he was passing everyone.

post #3728 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Another Mercedes 1-2!!!! I guess the return to Europe didn't close the gap.biggrin.gif

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #3729 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

The song remains the same. I have to say that with the battle of the Mercs, I would love to see Lewis and Nico either on the same strategy, or have them flip so that Lewis is on the softer tires at the end.

I said after Bahrain, Hamilton laid down the law and basically demonstrated that even on better tires, Rosberg was not going to get by. Give Lewis the softer tires at the end, and I think Rosberg would be toast if he was in fact ahead.

As for this article, I would spot Rosberg 5 more laps, and I still don't see him getting by unless Lewis threw it off the road.

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/157713.html

I would agree with the hat tip for Vettel. Although I still strongly dislike the little pr*ck, he served notice that w/o the endless stream of bad luck, he may be on the way to reclaiming RB as his own. It will be great to see if Ricciardo can respond, should Vettel be able to put the bad luck in the rear view mirror.
post #3730 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 149
As much as it pains me biggrin.gif, I have to give Vettel his dues. Hell of a drive today.

It's really disheartening to watch my boys struggle with such a crap car. With some of the corner cams, the Ferraris were the only two cars shaking their ass through the turn.

Alonso had the last word, but big props to Kimi for getting to grips better with the car and being right there with Alonso. Now if the team can just find some speed in the car!

Props to Nico for at least making the race slightly interesting and giving Lewis a scare at the end. Another great drive from Lewis to hold Nico off. Even though he started to sound like a little girl on the radio towards the end. Albeit in route to lapping almost the whole field......rolleyes.gif

Last but not least, congrats to DR! It's good to see him on the podium and hopefully not have it stripped.
post #3731 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Perhaps Kimi now is coming to the realization that Ferrari is Fred's team:

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/157777.html
post #3732 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 625
I thought Kimi did a pretty good job of not crashing a car that clearly wanted to crash.

Somebody needs to just revoke Maldonado's super license and get it over with already.

Just curious, does anyone else fast forward the commercials when they have the PIP of the race? I do. I find it too distracting.

I'm normally a fan of the coverage, but they spent a little too much time on the chess match in front and missed some really good stuff. At least they went to the Ferrari battle I guess.

Anyone know what happened to Massa? He totally went backward and nobody said a word.
post #3733 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 406
This has been a bad year for F1, it seems to me, and today's race did nothing to make me think better of it. Mercedes has been boringly dominant. They have won all 5 races this year, finished 1-2 in four of them, and 1-3 in the other. Everybody else on the grid knows that their cars are not competitive with Mercedes. This coupled with the generally bad handling, lack of power, or both, of all the other cars has made this season uncharacteristically boring, at least to me. The only suspense seems to be whether Hamilton or Rosberg will win the Drivers Championship.
post #3734 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought Kimi did a pretty good job of not crashing a car that clearly wanted to crash.

Somebody needs to just revoke Maldonado's super license and get it over with already.

Just curious, does anyone else fast forward the commercials when they have the PIP of the race? I do. I find it too distracting.

I'm normally a fan of the coverage, but they spent a little too much time on the chess match in front and missed some really good stuff. At least they went to the Ferrari battle I guess.

Anyone know what happened to Massa? He totally went backward and nobody said a word.

I do FF through the PIP commercials for the same reason you do. I would gladly pay money to watch the races without the commercials.

I guess it was the fault of the world feed, but I really found the coverage poor today. If there are several important battes on track, maybe split screen them. The low point was when Fred finally got by Kimi, they had to go to a shot of Rosberg's girl friend in the Merc garage before going back to the fight for the lead.
post #3735 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Another Mercedes 1-2!!!! I guess the return to Europe didn't close the gap.biggrin.gif
The Fat Lady is singing, Eric.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

The song remains the same. I have to say that with the battle of the Mercs, I would love to see Lewis and Nico either on the same strategy, or have them flip so that Lewis is on the softer tires at the end.
I don't know if it would be a good thing for a team to have both of their drivers on the same strategy.
It could get hairy.eek.gif

Quote:
I said after Bahrain, Hamilton laid down the law and basically demonstrated that even on better tires, Rosberg was not going to get by. Give Lewis the softer tires at the end, and I think Rosberg would be toast if he was in fact ahead.
I have to give Nico credit for the intensity of his effort to be WDC this year.
This may be the best chance he will ever have in his career and he is giving it his all....and then some.

However, LH is one of the greatest drivers of all time, and NR is not.wink.gif

Quote:
I would agree with the hat tip for Vettel. he may be on the way to reclaiming RB as his own. It will be great to see if Ricciardo can respond, should Vettel be able to put the bad luck in the rear view mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

As much as it pains me biggrin.gif, I have to give Vettel his dues. Hell of a drive today.
Agreed.

Quote:
With some of the corner cams, the Ferraris were the only two cars shaking their ass through the turn.

Alonso had the last word, but big props to Kimi for getting to grips better with the car and being right there with Alonso. Now if the team can just find some speed in the car!
James Allison got to Ferrari too late to pull miracles out of his rear-end.
However, 2015 could be the year the Scuderia can make a serious challenge for the Championship again(fingers crossed).

Quote:
Albeit in route to lapping almost the whole field......rolleyes.gif
Almost lapped BOTH Ferraris.frown.gif
Rosberg finished 50 some seconds ahead of DR.rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Last but not least, congrats to DR! It's good to see him on the podium and hopefully not have it stripped.
The kid has done everything right this year.
Frankly, I didn't think he had it in him.redface.gif

Quote:

Perhaps Kimi now is coming to the realization that Ferrari is Fred's team:

http://en.espnf1.com/spain/motorsport/story/157777.html
To be expected.
Ferrari always has been Alonso's team.
Kimi shouldn't be surprised.

Quote:

He really did drive heroically.
The car looked like sh!t on track.

Quote:
NO argument from me, but $$$ always rules in these kind of situations.
Quote:
I always skip the PIP stuff.

Quote:
Without his Brazilian bankroll, he is outta F1.

post #3736 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:

I usually stilll fast forward, but at a slower speed so i can kinda keep up with the PIP in case something real unusual happens that can be seen.

never take life seriously
post #3737 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

in case something real unusual happens that can be seen.
If it does, it's replayed after the commercial break anyway.wink.gif

post #3738 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did anyone else notice immediately prior to the start of the race, there was a shot in the Williams garage of Sir Frank standing and his daughter sitting?
Maybe they were just trying to see if anyone was paying attention....tongue.gif

post #3739 of 5333 Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Oh Boy:

Adrian Newey admitted that his future with Red Bull is uncertain after Ferrari made another attempt to recruit the technical wizard.

Newey is regarded by many as the brains behind the four consecutive titles for Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel, having designed championship-winning cars for both McLaren and Williams earlier in his career.

The Red Bull Chief Technical officer previously dismissed approaches from Ferrari, stating a desire to stay in his native England as the reason.

But following a largely uninspiring Spanish Grand Prix, where Fernando Alonso finished sixth and Kimi Raikkonen seventh, it has been more than a year since Ferrari last won a Grand Prix and it is believed that Ferrari is once again eager to land Newey's signature.

During an interview with Sky Sports ahead of Sunday's race in Barcelona, Newey admitted that his future at the Milton Keynes team is far from secure.

"I don't know. I need to think about it. We're in the middle of the season and I'm just getting on with it," he told Sky Sports when asked about his long-term future.

Sky Sports spoke to Newey again after the Sunday's race, and he maintained his vague stance.

"At some point I am going to have to think about the future, but at the moment my focus is getting in front of the silver cars," he said.

Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner was unable to dismiss the claims that Newey is Ferrari-bound, and said that asking about the length of his contract with Red Bull is like "asking a lady about her age".

Nevertheless, Horner believes Newey remains committed to their cause.

"A lot of approaches are made to our staff, but he enjoys the environment at Red Bull and he has always said he would like to finish his career at Red Bull. The team have a great relationship with Adrian," Horner said.

"For sure, the lure of Ferrari is always there, but there's the politics and the pressure that goes with it and the fact is in Italy. Lots of us have been linked with Red Bull but so far none of us have gone."

post #3740 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Man, it's going to be a long year. You know it sucks when they almost lap the entire field. mad.gif
post #3741 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Oh Boy:

Adrian Newey admitted that his future with Red Bull is uncertain after Ferrari made another attempt to recruit the technical wizard.

Newey is regarded by many as the brains behind the four consecutive titles for Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel, having designed championship-winning cars for both McLaren and Williams earlier in his career.

The Red Bull Chief Technical officer previously dismissed approaches from Ferrari, stating a desire to stay in his native England as the reason.

But following a largely uninspiring Spanish Grand Prix, where Fernando Alonso finished sixth and Kimi Raikkonen seventh, it has been more than a year since Ferrari last won a Grand Prix and it is believed that Ferrari is once again eager to land Newey's signature.

During an interview with Sky Sports ahead of Sunday's race in Barcelona, Newey admitted that his future at the Milton Keynes team is far from secure.

"I don't know. I need to think about it. We're in the middle of the season and I'm just getting on with it," he told Sky Sports when asked about his long-term future.

Sky Sports spoke to Newey again after the Sunday's race, and he maintained his vague stance.

"At some point I am going to have to think about the future, but at the moment my focus is getting in front of the silver cars," he said.

Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner was unable to dismiss the claims that Newey is Ferrari-bound, and said that asking about the length of his contract with Red Bull is like "asking a lady about her age".

Nevertheless, Horner believes Newey remains committed to their cause.

"A lot of approaches are made to our staff, but he enjoys the environment at Red Bull and he has always said he would like to finish his career at Red Bull. The team have a great relationship with Adrian," Horner said.

"For sure, the lure of Ferrari is always there, but there's the politics and the pressure that goes with it and the fact is in Italy. Lots of us have been linked with Red Bull but so far none of us have gone."

As Buxton likes to say, that's some pretty weak sauce there from AN. Not exactly a vote of confidence for his current employers.

Last week, there were also unsubstantiated rumors floating around on Twitter that Ross Brawn was spotted in Maranello.

Interesting developments. A friend of mine posited that Luca is probably waving around an absurd amount of Euros to get the necessary talent to right the foundering Ferrari ship.
post #3742 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Ecclestone should throw in some Euros as well. Its a well known fact that when Ferrari isnt doing well, Formula One isnt doing well. Add in the fact that one team is utterly dominant and you will almost certainly see the interest in F1 go down considerably after Monaco.

post #3743 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ecclestone should throw in some Euros as well. Its a well known fact that when Ferrari isnt doing well, Formula One isnt doing well. Add in the fact that one team is utterly dominant and you will almost certainly see the interest in F1 go down considerably after Monaco.

He better throw some of those Euro's at Fred. Just like last year when things were not going well (recall his manager chatting up the Red Bull's midseason?), the rumor dujour is he wants to go to Mercedes. I really wonder if Fred's people float those things just to light an even bigger fire under Ferrari's butt.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9308309/Alonso-Rules-Out-Move-To-Mercedes

Shame that Merc does not have an open seat, and if they did, it would be Rosberg who went elsewhere. Lewis and Fred on the same team would be great for the fans in the same way that Senna/Prost was, not so great for the team. :-)
post #3744 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I can see why Alonso might want to leave Ferrari next year. Dont know where he would go though or why he would be anxious to go to Mercedes. I think its very unlikely Mercedes will have this sort of dominance next year. With the massive rule changes and the engine freeze they are just in the right place at the right time.

post #3745 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I would gladly pay money to watch the races without the commercials.

Understand that we DO pay money to watch these races, yet we still get commercials.

And for me the "non-stop" PIP commercial breaks are pointless. Even on a 65" screen the tiny race coverage window is too small to tell what's happening. I generally DVR and replay skipping forward but when I do watch live I mute and pick up the tablet or a magazine.
post #3746 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard911 View Post

Understand that we DO pay money to watch these races, yet we still get commercials.

True enough.

In that case, let me say "I would gladly pay MORE to get an uninterrupted broadcast". :-)

Brian
post #3747 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

F1 is just about the only reason I have cable tv. If I could pay $10/race and drop cable I would do it immediately.

post #3748 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What, and give up your precious NBCSN earl races? eek.gif
post #3749 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhard911 View Post

What, and give up your precious NBCSN earl races? eek.gif
You're as predictable as the sunrise.

post #3750 of 5333 Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ummmm.....put down the pipe Horner.

Spanish F1 Grand Prix: Horner: Red Bull has closed the gap

Christian Horner insists Red Bull has closed the gap to Mercedes despite the result in the Spanish Grand Prix

Christian Horner insists Red Bull has closed the gap to Mercedes despite the result in the Spanish Grand Prix.

Daniel Ricciardo finished third behind the two Mercedes cars, but he was a full 49 seconds behind race winner Lewis Hamilton at the chequered flag. While the margin is the biggest that Mercedes has enjoyed all season, Horner said the way the race had panned out had led to such a gap and he is convinced Red Bull is closer on performance than at previous races.

“It's very encouraging that we've had a positive race,” Horner said. “The 48 second gap is slightly artificial because we lost a lot of time behind the Williams in the first stint and then once you find yourself in no-man's-land it's about managing the tyres to the end of the race.

“If you look at the last stints in particular when Mercedes was pushing flat out and Sebastian [Vettel] and Daniel had a bit of clear air, we definitely moved a bit closer. There's still some way to go but we definitely have moved a bit closer.

“For sure they were pushing as hard as they could, so it wasn't like Mercedes was taking it easy, but it's a significant gap that we've still got to overcome. But it's great to see that we have made progress and taken a step ahead of the Ferraris and the rest of the field.”

Asked what he felt the true performance difference between Mercedes and Red Bull now is, Horner replied: “I'd say it's about six tenths; 0.6 seconds…”
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page