You're as dependable as the sunrise.

FTFY

zeus33's Avatar zeus33 09:10 AM 05-12-2014
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 09:27 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Ummmm.....put down the pipe Horner.

Spanish F1 Grand Prix: Horner: Red Bull has closed the gap

Christian Horner insists Red Bull has closed the gap to Mercedes despite the result in the Spanish Grand Prix

I think Horner may be half right. Yesterday's race convinced me that the handling of the Red Bull cars is dramatically better, maybe even as good as that of the Mercedes cars. The problem remains, though, that the Red Bull cars, and those of everybody else on the grid, are grossly inferior to Mercedes'.
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:28 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Gee....you think?!?!?

Lopez: 'We need to sit Maldonado down and talk'

Buxton absolutely trashed Maldo on air yesterday. Left the guys speechless for a second. I was cracking up. smile.gif
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:31 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I do FF through the PIP commercials for the same reason you do. I would gladly pay money to watch the races without the commercials.

I'd like to be able to pay for a package that included BBC/Sky coverage as well. They also get way more dedicated programs during the week. I'd pay good for that.
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 09:34 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I think Horner may be half right. Yesterday's race convinced me that the handling of the Red Bull cars is dramatically better, maybe even as good as that of the Mercedes cars. The problem remains, though, that the Red Bull cars, and those of everybody else on the grid, are grossly inferior to Mercedes'.

There's no doubt about it, RB has the best car for the corners. I've seen a few articles about the corner speeds this year. They are quicker through the corners than the Mercs. But as you mention, not enough power. Barcelona is known as an "RB track" as it suits the better handling and downforce of the RB, and Merc still beat them by 50 seconds! eek.gif
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 09:37 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Buxton absolutely trashed Maldo on air yesterday. Left the guys speechless for a second. I was cracking up. smile.gif

That was hilarious! "So Pastor, was it the corner's fault or the wall's?" LMAO Sadly enough, everything Will said was spot on. I can't stand when people won't take responsibility for their own actions. One crash? Maybe. One crash per weekend? C'mon now. Grosjean isn't smashing his car into everything (at least not anymore!).
oink's Avatar oink 09:52 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Last week, there were also unsubstantiated rumors floating around on Twitter that Ross Brawn was spotted in Maranello.

Interesting developments. A friend of mine posited that Luca is probably waving around an absurd amount of Euros to get the necessary talent to right the foundering Ferrari ship.
F1 is a business and everyone has a price.
Luca is dead serious about putting Ferrari on the top step again and he does have access to big $$$.

It wouldn't be surprising to see Newey in Maranello, nor Brawn for that matter.
Considering his age, maybe Newey would enjoy the challenge.
Can you imagine the powerhouse Ferrari could become with Brawn and Newey?eek.gif

Quote:

I really wonder if Fred's people float those things just to light an even bigger fire under Ferrari's butt.
I think it's more about this.
There just isn't anywhere better than Ferrari for him to go right now.

Quote:

That was hilarious! "So Pastor, was it the corner's fault or the wall's?" LMAO Sadly enough, everything Will said was spot on. I can't stand when people won't take responsibility for their own actions. One crash? Maybe. One crash per weekend? C'mon now.
There is something going on with the guy.
Exactly WHAT, I haven't a clue.

Maybe he would do better in NASCAR....

Quote:
Grosjean isn't smashing his car into everything (anymore at least!).
It's good to see a nice kid like him doing well again.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:53 AM 05-12-2014
I'll be very surprised if Maldo has a ride next year. He's got an attitude and doesn't seem to be very popular with the other drivers. As much as he's crashed this year he's already cost the team the extra money he came with.
oink's Avatar oink 10:13 AM 05-12-2014
Lauda assesses his driver situation:

Although Niki Lauda feels Lewis Hamilton is "unbeatable" at present, he says when Nico Rosberg can beat him he will be free to do so.

Hamilton race-winning streak continued in Barcelona on Sunday when he added a fourth consecutive victory to his tally.

It is the first time the British driver has achieved four on the trot and means he now leads the Championship by three points over Nico Rosberg.

"Lewis Hamilton is unbeatable," Lauda told the Daily Mail. "It's very simple. Because he's getting better and better every race.

"He makes no mistake whatsoever. He's got a strong personality. He's focused. Nico tried every trick today to get him. And he did a good job, but he couldn't pass him.

"Nico is aware at what level Lewis is driving because they both drive the same car. And Nico will continue to fight, which for me is the most important thing.

"Because if Nico keeps on pushing himself to beat Lewis, the big advantage is that both cars will go quicker.

"So I'm in a very comfortable situation - outstanding by Lewis and Nico trying to catch up."

In fact Rosberg did catch up and dogged his team-mate throughout the final few laps. But rather than warn the drivers to hold station, Lauda says they are still free to race as they did in Bahrain.

"My strategy is very simple. We do not interfere with who is winning what. We let our drivers drive from beginning to the end.

"So far nothing bad has happened. If there is no third driver in championship contention then I'm completely relaxed.

"Then they can drive over each other, and whoever is surviving is the World Champion. This is my dream.

"But," he added, "we're not there yet. When we are, it's really going to be warfare."

As always, James Allen is on the case:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/05/insight-one-of-the-secrets-of-mercedes-success-and-some-interesting-pointers-from-spain/
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 10:13 AM 05-12-2014
The teams have 2 test days this week in Montmelo.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 10:29 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Lauda assesses his driver situation:

Although Niki Lauda feels Lewis Hamilton is "unbeatable" at present, he says when Nico Rosberg can beat him he will be free to do so.

Hamilton race-winning streak continued in Barcelona on Sunday when he added a fourth consecutive victory to his tally.

It is the first time the British driver has achieved four on the trot and means he now leads the Championship by three points over Nico Rosberg.

"Lewis Hamilton is unbeatable," Lauda told the Daily Mail. "It's very simple. Because he's getting better and better every race.

"He makes no mistake whatsoever. He's got a strong personality. He's focused. Nico tried every trick today to get him. And he did a good job, but he couldn't pass him.

"Nico is aware at what level Lewis is driving because they both drive the same car. And Nico will continue to fight, which for me is the most important thing.

"Because if Nico keeps on pushing himself to beat Lewis, the big advantage is that both cars will go quicker.

"So I'm in a very comfortable situation - outstanding by Lewis and Nico trying to catch up."

In fact Rosberg did catch up and dogged his team-mate throughout the final few laps. But rather than warn the drivers to hold station, Lauda says they are still free to race as they did in Bahrain.

"My strategy is very simple. We do not interfere with who is winning what. We let our drivers drive from beginning to the end.

"So far nothing bad has happened. If there is no third driver in championship contention then I'm completely relaxed.

"Then they can drive over each other, and whoever is surviving is the World Champion. This is my dream.

"But," he added, "we're not there yet. When we are, it's really going to be warfare."

As always, James Allen is on the case:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/05/insight-one-of-the-secrets-of-mercedes-success-and-some-interesting-pointers-from-spain/

I like this bit:

I think he would have been more accurate to say If rather than When, but I guess When does not get into the head of the driver like If would have.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 10:47 AM 05-12-2014
I like Rosberg. Certainly more than Hamilton. And while he's not quite as good a driver as Hamilton he is capable of beating him and I'd really like to see it. Rosberg won at Monaco last year...
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 11:15 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I like Rosberg. Certainly more than Hamilton. And while he's not quite as good a driver as Hamilton he is capable of beating him and I'd really like to see it. Rosberg won at Monaco last year...

I am looking forward to Monaco. If any team can beat Mercedes this year, Monaco would seem to be the most likely place. Monaco is filled with tight, slow corners, which should serve to negate at least some of Mercedes' speed advantage.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 11:45 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

I am looking forward to Monaco. If any team can beat Mercedes this year, Monaco would seem to be the most likely place. Monaco is filled with tight, slow corners, which should serve to negate at least some of Mercedes' speed advantage.

It will also tend to exaggerate the problems some cars are having putting power down on corner exit. There should be an awful lot of loose looking cars in the Principality!

Those that have mastered the use of the throttle will the new "power units" (I always throw up a little in my mouth when I type the words "power unit") will have an advantage. Those that have not will likely have a short day.
oink's Avatar oink 11:56 AM 05-12-2014
Quote:

I think he would have been more accurate to say If rather than When, but I guess When does not get into the head of the driver like If would have.
Nikki is a wiley old dude.tongue.gif

Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:

It will also tend to exaggerate the problems some cars are having putting power down on corner exit. There should be an awful lot of loose looking cars in the Principality!
We probably see a lot of car/wall contact....probably TOO much.eek.gif
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 12:13 PM 05-12-2014
Part 1 of 6

Always did like DR. It seems we think alike! biggrin.gif

The links for the other parts will be on the side at the "tube". I didn't want to make a post that took up the whole page.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 12:31 PM 05-12-2014
Ugh. I missed the GP yesterday. frown.gif

Obviously I am still getting used to umm... looking out for races on TV. tongue.gif

Is something like this ever re-broadcasted or can I find them on demand/streaming?
Tack's Avatar Tack 12:57 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Those that have mastered the use of the throttle will the new "power units" (I always throw up a little in my mouth when I type the words "power unit") will have an advantage. Those that have not will likely have a short day.

Watching Vettel suck those cars in under braking makes me think they'll have a fighting chance at Monaco.
Tack's Avatar Tack 12:59 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Obviously I am still getting used to umm... looking out for races on TV. tongue.gif

Is something like this ever re-broadcasted or can I find them on demand/streaming?

They are usually replayed same day. I don't know about yesterday because of all the soccer. Best bet is to setup the DVR well before the races.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 02:08 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Watching Vettel suck those cars in under braking makes me think they'll have a fighting chance at Monaco.
Catching a car is one thing. Passing is another. And Monaco is the hardest place to pass of all.
Unless your Perez and you just run people into the wall.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 02:23 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Catching a car is one thing. Passing is another. And Monaco is the hardest place to pass of all.
Unless your Perez Maldonado and you just run people into the wall.

You misspelled Maldonado. I fixed it for you. :-)
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 02:26 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Him too. But it was Perez that was driving like a lunatic last year until Raikkonen called his bluff and almost ran Perez into the wall at the chicane coming out of the tunnel.
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 02:33 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Maldonado doesn't run people into the wall, he runs himself into other people and walls! biggrin.gif
Tack's Avatar Tack 03:07 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Unless your Perez and you just run people into the wall.

If his car works as well as it did in those slower corners yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see RB on pole. And as high as tensions get when Nico and Lewis are fighting for the win, it could get downright ugly if they're fighting for third.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 03:23 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

They are usually replayed same day. I don't know about yesterday because of all the soccer. Best bet is to setup the DVR well before the races.

Yeah I would have but I forgot. tongue.gif

I just need to pay more attention to this busy thread!
Tack's Avatar Tack 03:25 PM 05-12-2014
I bet Kimi would have killed for his old Ferrari this weekend. The thing seems to have Velcro for tires. Plus the proper noise of course.

oink's Avatar oink 04:30 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Part 1 of 6

The links for the other parts will be on the side at the "tube". I didn't want to make a post that took up the whole page.
Excellent production and a nice way to introduce someone to F1.

For those too lazy, here are links to the other 5 parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5a7aho0SU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_9aadQWZf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj9EeLseeb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZxocJPx8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0feqzwu2Ncg
oink's Avatar oink 04:41 PM 05-12-2014
Quote:

Obviously I am still getting used to umm... looking out for races on TV.
Quote:

Yeah I would have but I forgot. tongue.gif

I just need to pay more attention to this busy thread!
I'll quote Austin Powers here: "Scott, you just don't get it."tongue.gif

Quote:

It may the only race this year where those without the MB turbo will have a chance.

Quote:

Maldonado doesn't run people into the wall, he runs himself into other people and walls! biggrin.gif
The poor guy...things like cars & walls "jump out" at him all the time.biggrin.gif

Quote:

And as high as tensions get when Nico and Lewis are fighting for the win, it could get downright ugly if they're fighting for third.
I agree.
It's only a matter of time before one of these guys go off on the other.

Hopefully, somewhere down the road they will forgive each other and realize it was the heat of the battle.wink.gif
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 04:49 PM 05-12-2014
Nah, I know. I'm just trying get into new things. tongue.gif

I'm gonna be a dork either way.
First ... 124  125  126 127  128  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop