Forum Jump: 
 197Likes

post #4081 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Play nice now kids, not feeling the luv here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

He knows I'm not serious. We enjoy the banter (at least I do). At least I didn't bring up flaming rivers or anything. smile.gif
post #4083 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

He knows I'm not serious. We enjoy the banter (at least I do). At least I didn't bring up flaming rivers or anything. smile.gif
We'll stay OT tonight.BTW, watching Rangers and Habs, good game.
post #4084 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll go back in my corner.

post #4085 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll go back in my corner.

Time out.
post #4086 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

wink.gif

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality
post #4087 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I've got nothing for that. Alonso tops P2, will that help? Should we do some music?
post #4088 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've go nothing for that. Alonso tops P2, will that help? Should we do some music?

Gotta go home and cook. Maybe tomorrow. smile.gif
post #4089 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Good info. I did take breakfast and lunch at Scarpettas, but it was a private buffet thing for group I was with. No Miss Universe talent to be found. :-(

Better luck next time.smile.gif

Everytime I think I have seen the ugliest Ferrari, someone comes along to prove me wrong. Today, I saw what I can only guess was an Ironman fan. It was lemon yellow on the sides with a maroon hood, roof and massive rear spoiler. Ugh!

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #4090 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Everytime I think I have seen the ugliest Ferrari, someone comes along to prove me wrong. Today, I saw what I can only guess was an Ironman fan. It was lemon yellow on the sides with a maroon hood, roof and massive rear spoiler. Ugh!

Sacrilege!

Just goes to show, just because you have money, doesn't mean you have style. Unfortunately, people with money and lack of style seem to go hand in hand more so than not.
post #4091 of 5819 Old 05-22-2014, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Better luck next time.smile.gif

Everytime I think I have seen the ugliest Ferrari, someone comes along to prove me wrong.

I know what you mean! Only thing worse than an ugly Ferrari is one one those rich bich gaudy Mercedes. You know the ones. Freakin Euros right?

Too bad everyone didn't have the sensibilities of the USA and Great Britain, huh. smile.gif

post #4092 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:

Just IMAGINING this makes my stomach queasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Just goes to show, just because you have money, doesn't mean you have style. Unfortunately, people with money and lack of style seem to go hand in hand more so than not.
True.
And then there are guys like Jay Leno....wink.gif

Quote:

I know what you mean! Only thing worse than an ugly Ferrari is one one those rich bich gaudy Mercedes. You know the ones. Freakin Euros right?

Talk about a lack of taste!!eek.gif

Billboards on wheels.

Big A$$ wheels look idiotic here.

Two classics.cool.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #4093 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Alonso ---- The Chessmaster:

Fernando Alonso caused something of a stir yesterday when asked about a recent comment from Mercedes boss Dieter Zetsche to the effect that the Spaniard was the best driver in the world.

Alonso responded by saying that it was always good to hear such comments from outsiders –and pointed out, somewhat enigmatically, that he didn’t always feel such support from closer to home.

“It’s always welcome when people see your job in a good way and respect what you try to do and what you try to achieve,” said Alonso. “Sometimes it’s strange to see good comments and good compliments from people from outside, and from the other side, that are supposed to be close to you, there are the opposite comments. It’s motivating for me, and it’s good to receive good comments, but it’s funny when you see the opposite in your closest friends.”

Ferrari has been quick to play down the significance of his response and today issued some quotes from Luca di Montezemolo, apparently given to an Australian road car journalist.

“Fernando is the best driver in the world, who always gives 200 percent in the races,” he said. “He knows how much I count on him, even away from the race track, in terms of his contribution and the impetus he gives to the team. I think it’s incredible that there are still some so-called experts who don’t understand that and are always looking for a polemical situation that simply doesn’t exist.

“The truth is that he and Kimi, another incredible driver, need a competitive Ferrari and giving them that is our sole objective. We are working very hard, starting with Marco Mattiacci, who knows what needs to be done and who will instigate many changes at a technical and organizational level and in speeding up the decision-making process. That’s what I want, as do our drivers and our fans, while all the rest is just idle chat.”

post #4094 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Denial is more than a big a$$ river in Africa:

Marco Mattiacci has denied inviting Adrian Newey to join Ferrari - but that doesn't mean the team didn't make an approach.

Earlier this month rumours emerged claiming that Ferrari were once again chasing the Red Bull technical guru in a bid to turn their fortunes around.

The Brit, though, released a brief statement on Thursday, saying he remains "committed to Red Bull for the foreseeable future."

Facing the media in Thursday's press conference for the Monaco GP, new Ferrari team boss Mattiacci was asked about the state of F1, the slower lap times and Ferrari's approach for Newey.

He said: "First of all I think they are doing an excellent job. We need to recognise that Mercedes has the leadership because they have been working in an excellent way.

"Having said that is it good for the audience? Is it good to entertain the public? I have some doubts about that.

"But there are different avenues that we are discussing about that issue, as I said, you know to reduce costs and in order to deliver a better product in Formula One."

However, having avoided initially the Newey question, Mattiacci was pressed on it.

He answered: "If I invite Adrian Newey to work at Ferrari? No."

That, though, doesn't mean no one else has.

post #4095 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

More Kimi drama:

Kimi Raikkonen had an eventful first day in Monaco as his F14T suffered a gearbox issue and a Red Bull mechanic had to save him from being run over in the pits.

Putting in the laps in FP2 after the track had begun to dry out a bit, Raikkonen was soon slowly touring the streets of Monte Carlo with a stuttering Ferrari.

The Finn pulled into the pits where Ferrari revealed it was a gearbox issue and that his day's action was over.

"In the afternoon, we made a few changes to improve the balance of the car, but having waited almost an hour before being able to go out on track, a problem with the gearbox prevented me from completing the session.," Raikkonen revealed.

His troubles, though, almost weren't over.

Opting to head over to the paddock, he was casually walking through the pits when a Red Bull mechanic had to jump into action, pulling him away from Sebastian Vettel's car.

Raikkonen's walk had taken him straight into the path of the RB10 as Vettel sped away from his pit box.

post #4096 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 129
As if enough people dont dislike Vettel already, can you see the headlines:

Vettel takes out Kimi, runs over rival.

Oh well, a near miss but no cigar.

I hate this format for Monaco. I really got into watching yesterday, now i dont like no racing today. Wish they had just started the practicing today.

never take life seriously
post #4097 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

As if enough people dont dislike Vettel already, can you see the headlines:

Vettel takes out Kimi, runs over rival.

Oh well, a near miss but no cigar.

I hate this format for Monaco. I really got into watching yesterday, now i dont like no racing today. Wish they had just started the practicing today.
Its like that every year.
Theres IndyCar stuff on right now. NBCSN

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4098 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't even have words to begin to describe that abomination!

Quote:

Too bad everyone didn't have the sensibilities of the USA and Great Britain, huh. smile.gif

3 bad ass cars there. I have to disagree with ya oink. That Aston is pure sex! Those wheels don't really look any bigger than the Vette's and they fit the wheel wells perfectly.
post #4099 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Agreed.

I like the 3 days in a row setup; I look forward to it all week.wink.gif

Quote:

3 bad ass cars there. I have to disagree with ya oink. That Aston is pure sex! Those wheels don't really look any bigger than the Vette's and they fit the wheel wells perfectly.
Although I agree they fit "perfectly" in the wheel wells, my complaint is the bigger wheels on the AM lift the car up too much, particularly the backend.

post #4100 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Matthew Brabham, son of Geoff Brabham and grandson of Sir Jack Brabham is racing for Andretti Autosport in the Indy Lights series and is doing very well.
Steve might be interested to know that he was born in Boca Raton, FL in 1994.

post #4101 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Although I agree they fit "perfectly" in the wheel wells, my complaint is the bigger wheels on the AM lift the car up too much, particularly the backend.

It's hard to tell from these pics because of the shadows, but it almost looks like the one with stock wheels is higher:

Stock:

post #4102 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Rosberg or Alonso next year?

Nico Rosberg is set to remain with Mercedes for a further two seasons, according to a report in the British press.

This morning, BBC Sport are reporting that the German driver will sign a new two-year contract with the Brackley squad.

That deal will keep the 28-year-old at Mercedes until the end of 2016.

A Mercedes spokesman told the BBC: "We have long-term relationships with both our drivers."

That contract, when it is signed, will put an end to whispers that Mercedes are interested in putting Fernando Alonso in the car.

Rumours of that possible move emerged earlier this season although Alonso was quick to state that he wants to remain with Ferrari.

That, though, did stop Mercedes chairman Dieter Zetsche from saying earlier this week that Alonso is "probably the best driver on the Formula One grid."

post #4103 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Rosberg or Alonso next year?

Nico Rosberg is set to remain with Mercedes for a further two seasons, according to a report in the British press.

This morning, BBC Sport are reporting that the German driver will sign a new two-year contract with the Brackley squad.

That deal will keep the 28-year-old at Mercedes until the end of 2016.

A Mercedes spokesman told the BBC: "We have long-term relationships with both our drivers."

That contract, when it is signed, will put an end to whispers that Mercedes are interested in putting Fernando Alonso in the car.

Rumours of that possible move emerged earlier this season although Alonso was quick to state that he wants to remain with Ferrari.

That, though, did stop Mercedes chairman Dieter Zetsche from saying earlier this week that Alonso is "probably the best driver on the Formula One grid."

If Nico can stay 3/10ths behind Lewis, and take the odd win if Lewis has a problem, what more could Merc want? I think Fred is going to have to bide his time and hope that first of all, another team can right and truly challenge Merc, and then, that team would also need to have a seat available. And if that does not happen in the next couple of years, I think Fred may well have seen his last WC.

Very curious about Honda and McLaren. Magnusson seems to have had his moment in the sun. Maybe he will shine with a better car under him. I don't see Button being with McLaren long term. If the McLaren/Honda can challenge Merc next year (and assuming Ferrari remains mid-pack), I would not be shocked to see Ron Dennis letting bygones be bygones and take Fred back.
post #4104 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If the McLaren/Honda can challenge Merc next year

I just don't see it happening. McLaren has the best powerunit on the grid and they are terrible this year. The Honda powerunit will be strong, but it won't be a massive amount better than the Merc. I guess they might get lucky and pull one out of their rear next year, but I don't see it. They have been awful these last two years and I don't see them replacing the bulk of their aero team.
post #4105 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Formula E at Long Beach next year.
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/22/formula-e-is-coming-to-long-beach-next-year/

post #4106 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If Nico can stay 3/10ths behind Lewis, and take the odd win if Lewis has a problem, what more could Merc want?
Good point.

Quote:
I think Fred is going to have to bide his time and hope that first of all, another team can right and truly challenge Merc, and then, that team would also need to have a seat available.
That's the rub.
Who would have a seat open AND have a better car than Ferrari?

Quote:
Magnusson seems to have had his moment in the sun. Maybe he will shine with a better car under him.
I think this kid is the Real Deal.
His biggest problem right now is the McLaren is crap.

Quote:
I don't see Button being with McLaren long term.
I would definitely keep him.
He is the most pleasant and articulate driver in the paddock.
AND he can drive.wink.gif

Quote:

I just don't see it happening. McLaren has the best powerunit on the grid and they are terrible this year.
True.

Quote:
The Honda powerunit will be strong, but it won't be a massive amount better than the Merc.
You're probably right on that one.

Quote:
I guess they might get lucky and pull one out of their rear next year, but I don't see it.
Neither do I.

Quote:
They have been awful these last two years and I don't see them replacing the bulk of their aero team.
Their problems seemingly started last year when they went with the pullrod front suspension (something Ferrari did the year prior, but dropped in 2013).
It helped put them behind the curve.

post #4107 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Upbringing makes me hungrier than Rosberg - Hamilton

"Let me tell you this, I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad's apartment," Hamilton is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail and the Independent. "Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things. So the hunger is different."

SHOTS FIRED!

Should be a good weekend. smile.gif
post #4108 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:

"Let me tell you this, I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad's apartment," Hamilton is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail and the Independent. "Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things. So the hunger is different."

SHOTS FIRED!

I really thought that was a crock of crap. Lewis may not have been born into F1 royalty, but he sure had a silver McLaren spoon in his mouth from a very, very early age. You can't climb the ladder to F1 without a huge amount of personal wealth, or someone to provide it for you, or both. I found his comments to be disingenuous as best.

BTW, I am NOT a Hamilton fan. :-)

While I still don't think he has it in him, I would love to see Rosberg take pole and take a win in Monaco, just as a way to tell Lewis to STFU.
post #4109 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SHOTS FIRED!

Bullocks! I heard this mentioned during P2. What a bunch of rubbish and for him to mention it now,several years into his F1 career, what is he thinking? Maybe his girlfriend left again and feeling a bit down.
post #4110 of 5819 Old 05-23-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I think this is what Button referred to the other day about LH playing head-games with his teammates.wink.gif

Alonso also is a master of doing this.
BGLeduc likes this.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page