Forum Jump: 
 247Likes

post #4171 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 853
I was kinda rooting for Castroneves but I like RHR too and I think thats his first Indy 500 win. Always good to see an American win.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 411
RHR also born here in lovely Boca Raton Fla.
post #4173 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

2nd closest finish in history.

post #4174 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Massive props to Kurt Busch for 6th in the 500. Now 600 miles more with his day job.
post #4175 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Massive props to Kurt Busch for 6th in the 500. Now 600 miles more with his day job.
+1 Talk about a long day. He did well.
Also kudos to Carlos Munoz. He has only raced at Indy twice. 2nd last year and 4th this year. The guys a beast.

post #4176 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Outstanding race and incredible finish. Congrats to RHR.

I was lucky enough to see most of these same guys and cars in action last month at the new Birmingham track. Loads of fun and excitement, despite the massive rain and thunderstorms that delayed the final race of the day -- the Indy cars.
post #4177 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Predictable.
They are on the backfoot and trying everything they can think of.

I'm not sure whether they or Ferrari comes in 3rd regarding engines powerunits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Monaco turned out to be the static bore I had feared it would be. When Nico and Hamilton had a clean start and were 1-2 after the first turn, there was about a 95 percent chance that they would finish that way. Booorrring! Ricciardo gave it the college try but it was clear he didn't have enough car to catch Hamilton, much less Nico.
I agree it wasn't an exciting race (like most Monaco GPs).

DR impressed mightily when he went after LH.
Gotta love that kid.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

The drama from quail led up to the tension at the start. I
think everyone was waiting for the turn one
fireworks. Alas that failed to happen.
I am surprised.
Not so much about MB making it thru (no doubt the PTB had a talk with the boys), but I really expected RB and Ferrari to be taking a roll of the dice by divebombing the first corner.
Maybe they were hoping the Mercs would take each other out and allow them a chance for a win?

Quote:
At the 1/2 point ran to the store for beer and ribs,sorry Oink.
Steve, that hurts....
I thought we were pals?biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

I just hope he doesn't become tainted and become a Prima donna like most of the other drivers.
THIS.

Seeing him throw RB chassis around the swimming pool was awesome.

Quote:
Boy, Kimi just can't get a break.
I thought he might get a podium...and then: DISASTER.rolleyes.gif

Quote:
He got a great start and then had nothing but drama.
Did you see the in-car video of him fighting the car in the first corner?
I have never seen any driver fight understeer like that before....just WOW.

Also, it gives you an idea just how sh!tty this year's car is.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #4178 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

My little red team makes history:

Jules Bianchi earned the Marussia team its first-ever points with a superb ninth place in the Monaco GP – in the team’s fifth season.

Bianchi actually finished eighth on the road, but he had a five second penalty added to his race time, which dropped him behind Romain Grosjean.

The team had taken the penalty – due to Bianchi being out of position in the grid when Maldonado was absent – when he pitted for tires under the safety car, but the rules do not allow that.

“What a race and what a result for the whole team,” said the Frenchman. “I am just incredibly happy, but first of all I have to pay credit to everyone at the Marussia F1 Team for making this possible. Nobody knows just how much work and determination goes into our races, so today I am thrilled that I have helped them to achieve their long-held target of our first points. To achieve them together makes me very proud.

“It was not an easy race; there were some enjoyable highs along the way, but also a couple of concerning moments too. What matters at the end is that we got there and we can savor the highlights for a long time to come.”

“A lot of this weekend’s clear step stems from the progress we made at the recent Barcelona test,” said team boss John Booth. “We were cautiously optimistic about our performance increment, but we really needed to see it translate into a good race here in Monaco before we could feel too confident. We are only a young team, but we have every reason to believe in ourselves and a positive future.

“Clearly, in today’s race, we benefited from some attrition but, throughout, we were running at a pace that allowed us to stay in position with the cars around us. It is clear that we are now able to race with the back of the midfield pack. The penalty situation was a cause for concern and the way in which we served this with Jules was the product of some unusual circumstances, but we understand and accept the decisions. Thankfully, the second penalty was not the determining factor that it could have been.”
TeflonSoul likes this.

post #4179 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Caterham up for sale?

If you want to own a Formula 1 team now is the time to get in there as Tony Fernandes is reportedly selling his Caterham outfit.

The backmarker team, who have yet to score a single World Championship point and claimed the wooden spoon last season, is going for a reported 350 million pounds.

According to The Edge Malaysia, an unnamed source has revealed that Fernandes is keen to find a buyer for his team.

The Malaysian businessman has circulated an 'information memorandum' in the Middle East.

However, it's not just the F1 team that is up for grabs as Fernandes is selling the entire operation, including the sportscar company.

post #4180 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Does he have a clue how childish he sounds?

The Monaco GP promised so much for Lewis Hamilton, but he will leave the Principality upset at Nico Rosberg and upset at Mercedes' strategy.

Having won the previous four races, starting three of them in pole position, Hamilton had to settle for second best during qualifying as team-mate Rosberg got the better of him.

However, all was not hunky-dory in the Mercedes garage on Saturday evening as Hamilton mentioned that he might take his revenge on the track a la Ayrton Senna-Alain Prost style after he was forced to pull out of a final lap in qualifying following a mistake from Rosberg.

While Rosberg eased to the chequered flag for his second Monaco win in a row, Hamilton just about managed to hold onto second place with Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo not far behind him.

Having been less than a second behind Rosberg for most of the race, the 2008 World Champion reported a problem with his eye on lap 58 and he lost plenty of time.

Although he later clarified that his revenge comments were "a joke", he felt he was hard done by Mercedes' strategy after they failed to pit him a lap before the first Safety Car was deployed.

"When I was at McLaren we had two strategists and the strategy from my strategist was to get the best overall result for me," he told Sky Sports F1 afterwards.

"Unfortunately [at Mercedes] we have one overall strategist, and he's amazing, but unfortunately the role in the team is that he has to look out for the number one [driver in the race] and the guy in second has to come second. I knew from the get-go that I had a lesser opportunity to win the race and I needed a miracle to win at a track like this.

"An opportunity occurred where I could have come in. When I was at McLaren, l would have been pulled in on that lap and that may have given me the smallest advantage to get the jump over the Safety Car. But I'll work it out with the team. In these races, you need to grab every opportunity you can. The start was gone, I was closing up and then the [first] Safety Car came out and really after that there was no opportunity."
BGLeduc likes this.

post #4181 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

My little red team makes history:

Jules Bianchi earned the Marussia team its first-ever points with a superb ninth place in the Monaco GP – in the team’s fifth season.

This is what F1 has come to, the winner is so foreordained, the media tries to heighten the excitement by breathlessly telling us that Marussia finished, wait for it, NINTH. Woo hoo, how exciting! This year we can be sure that in every race Mercedes will finish 1-2 (unless one of them breaks), Red Bull will finish 3-4 (unless one of them breaks), and Ferrari will finish 5-6 (unless one of them breaks). Oh, the suspense, not! Maybe things will change but i'm not holding my breath.
post #4182 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Handcuff 'em to each other and throw a knife on the floor:

Despite conceding there have "always been difficulties", Nico Rosberg believes Mercedes can move on from their Monaco fallout.

With Rosberg having taken pole position through a mistake that cost Lewis Hamilton the chance to fight for it, tensions were high at Mercedes on Sunday.

Speaking to the BBC prior to the grand prix, Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff revealed that Rosberg and Hamilton were "not happy to see each other" while Niki Lauda said he tried to "fix this this morning with Lewis" but that he "couldn't."

That tension carried through into Sunday's 78-lap Monaco GP with Rosberg holding the advantage throughout.

He eventually took the chequered flag 9.2s ahead of Hamilton, claiming his second victory on the streets of Monte Carlo.

The situation remained frosty in the post-race podium celebration as there was barely a handshake between the two.

But despite the current situation, Rosberg reckons it will be sorted out.

"There's always been difficulties," he revealed, "but we always sit down and discuss it and move on, and that is what we will do."

The German was also questioned about Hamilton's recent comments that he was more hungry than Rosberg.

The 2008 World Champion said his upbringing in Stevenage where he "lived on a couch in my dad's apartment" compared to Rosberg's in "Monaco with jets and hotels and boats" meant he wanted it more.

Rosberg, though, would not be drawn on the matter.

"I didn't hear Lewis say that so I am not going to comment, it is easy for you to just invent something," he told Autosport.

"Even if something like that was written, between what Lewis said and was written... I know Lewis would not say something like that, maybe to me, but not to the press."

post #4183 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

This is what F1 has come to, the winner is so foreordained, the media tries to heighten the excitement by breathlessly telling us that Marussia finished, wait for it, NINTH. Woo hoo, how exciting!
They have become a fav of mine.
Watching them last year at Austin, I couldn't help but pull for them to improve.
They were on track more than any other team during the week, and often by themselves.
And the fans appreciated it.
Their pluckiness won me over...The Little Team That Tries.

Quote:
This year we can be sure that in every race Mercedes will finish 1-2 (unless one of them breaks), Red Bull will finish 3-4 (unless one of them breaks), and Ferrari will finish 5-6 (unless one of them breaks). Oh, the suspense, not! Maybe things will change but i'm not holding my breath.
I absolutely think you're right....this is exactly how the year will go.
With engines frozen, there isn't any way to really change this from happening.

post #4184 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is what F1 has come to, the winner is so foreordained, the media tries to heighten the excitement by breathlessly telling us that Marussia finished, wait for it, NINTH. Woo hoo, how exciting! This year we can be sure that in every race Mercedes will finish 1-2 (unless one of them breaks), Red Bull will finish 3-4 (unless one of them breaks), and Ferrari will finish 5-6 (unless one of them breaks). Oh, the suspense, not! Maybe things will change but i'm not holding my breath.
This isn't to far from the Schumacher days.even if he didn't lead at the start of the race, after the first pit stop he was in front.Same type of dominance.This year has alot of issues.Between the cars that look and sound like crap and the MB dominance it's not looking like a good year to become an F1 fan.
post #4185 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

That being said,I have been and will always be a fan and supporter. biggrin.gif
post #4186 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Steve, that hurts....
I thought we were pals?biggrin.gif

Sorry Oink,but Pork rules!
post #4187 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:

Does he have a clue how childish he sounds?

The Monaco GP promised so much for Lewis Hamilton, but he will leave the Principality upset at Nico Rosberg and upset at Mercedes' strategy.

Having won the previous four races, starting three of them in pole position, Hamilton had to settle for second best during qualifying as team-mate Rosberg got the better of him.

However, all was not hunky-dory in the Mercedes garage on Saturday evening as Hamilton mentioned that he might take his revenge on the track a la Ayrton Senna-Alain Prost style after he was forced to pull out of a final lap in qualifying following a mistake from Rosberg.

While Rosberg eased to the chequered flag for his second Monaco win in a row, Hamilton just about managed to hold onto second place with Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo not far behind him.

Having been less than a second behind Rosberg for most of the race, the 2008 World Champion reported a problem with his eye on lap 58 and he lost plenty of time.

Although he later clarified that his revenge comments were "a joke", he felt he was hard done by Mercedes' strategy after they failed to pit him a lap before the first Safety Car was deployed.

"When I was at McLaren we had two strategists and the strategy from my strategist was to get the best overall result for me," he told Sky Sports F1 afterwards.

"Unfortunately [at Mercedes] we have one overall strategist, and he's amazing, but unfortunately the role in the team is that he has to look out for the number one [driver in the race] and the guy in second has to come second. I knew from the get-go that I had a lesser opportunity to win the race and I needed a miracle to win at a track like this.

"An opportunity occurred where I could have come in. When I was at McLaren, l would have been pulled in on that lap and that may have given me the smallest advantage to get the jump over the Safety Car. But I'll work it out with the team. In these races, you need to grab every opportunity you can. The start was gone, I was closing up and then the [first] Safety Car came out and really after that there was no opportunity."

As I said previously, his sense of entitlement is off the charts. Does he really think Merc should gift him a win by adjusting their strategy? Nico was ahead on the road. Absent the SC, he gets pit choice.

When he and Fred were at McLaren, and had their famous dust up over quali. I thought Fred was the a-hole, but Lewis's actions since then have caused me to do a complete 180.

Lewis was coddled since day one, and he has no clue how to act when he is not. Props to Merc for treating their drivers equally. It will all end in tears, of course.

I still think that all things being equal, he is the quicker Metc driver, but if Nico can find additional ways to get in his head, perhaps things will turn out unexpectedly.

How long before Lewis tweets out some confidential Merc telemetry data? :-)
post #4188 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That being said,I have been and will always be a fan and supporter. biggrin.gif
Supporter? You buying us all tickets to Austin?

post #4189 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No disrespect, but these teams do put a lot of effort and time let alone money.I give props to Marussia for scoring points .They are hard to come by and hard earned,especially for a small team.Back in the day I was a die hard Jordan fan,this guy put his name and money into F1 and he almost got to the top.
post #4190 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Supporter? You buying us all tickets to Austin?
When I win the Super Ball,we all get Aston Martins,only condition,they are all black. Problems?
post #4191 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When I win the Super Ball,we all get Aston Martins,only condition,they are all black. Problems?
No problem here. But I have to ask why you insist on black. I expected pink.

post #4192 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No problem here. But I have to ask why you insist on black. I expected pink.
Alright, you get a pink one.
post #4193 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Alright, you get a pink one.
Thanks!

post #4194 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW it's Powerball,sorry.
post #4195 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

BTW it's Powerball,sorry.
lol You'll never win if you dont know what ticket to buy.

post #4196 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

As I said previously, his sense of entitlement is off the charts. Does he really think Merc should gift him a win by adjusting their strategy?
Apparently so....

Quote:
When he and Fred were at McLaren, and had their famous dust up over quali. I thought Fred was the a-hole, but Lewis's actions since then have caused me to do a complete 180.
Me too.

Quote:
Lewis was coddled since day one, and he has no clue how to act when he is not. Props to Merc for treating their drivers equally. It will all end in tears, of course.
True.
He seems much more immature than NR.

Quote:
I still think that all things being equal, he is the quicker Metc driver, but if Nico can find additional ways to get in his head, perhaps things will turn out unexpectedly.
This is where Nico can really "win."
If he can get into LH's head and start spinning it, who knows where that will lead?

Quote:
How long before Lewis tweets out some confidential Merc telemetry data? :-)
LOL.

Quote:

I respectfully request an exception be made in my case....British Racing Green:

post #4197 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 231
I enjoyed the race at Monaco! The kids actually let me watch it!
stevew24963 likes this.

October HorrorFest Participant
post #4198 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

lol You'll never win if you dont know what ticket to buy.
That's why I rely on you Bond.
post #4199 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That's why I rely on you Bond.
Ha! Thats a scary thought.

post #4200 of 6139 Old 05-25-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:

No disrespect, but these teams do put a lot of effort and time let alone money.I give props to Marussia for scoring points .They are hard to come by and hard earned,especially for a small team.Back in the day I was a die hard Jordan fan,this guy put his name and money into F1 and he almost got to the top.

No offense taken. When I posted that what Marussia had done was boring I recognized that scoring any kind of points is a signal achievement for a back marker team. I used what Marussia did and how the media hyped it only as an illustration of how little suspense there is this year. The overwhelming dominance of Mercedes and the significant superiority of Red Bull and Ferrari over the rest of the teams means that points scored by anybody else are unlikely to have any impact on either the Drivers or Constructors Championship, which really is boring, it seems to me. I certainly did not mean to denigrate Marussia's accomplishment.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page