2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 142 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 370Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4231 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
More on Marussia:

Jules Bianchi’s remarkable drive to 9th place in the Monaco Grand Prix gave his Marussia team its first world championship points and a huge boost to its prospects of staying alive in F1.

Marussia is one of a number of teams that are close to the edge financially and this result could turn out to be a lifeline.

“It is tough and I would be lying if I didn’t reflect that,” said Sporting Director Graeme Lowden.

The Banbury based team are in their fifth season in F1, the last of the three teams selected by Max Mosley’s FIA regime in 2009 to enter the sport for 2010. US F1 never made it and HRT folded.

Caterham, which was awarded a place on the grid after the others, is still around, but owner Tony Fernandes has clearly fallen out of love with the sport as the team continues to struggle and it is an open secret that he has put it up for sale.

Marussia is owned by wealthy Russian scientist Andrei Cheglakov (above with Bianchi), who was in Monaco to see the race. He has had to give the team hand-outs to keep it afloat and the fact that he can now see progress will probably increase his desire to keep supporting the team.

It could also yield valuable prize money at the end of the season, if it the team can stay eighth ahead of Sauber and Caterham, who have not scored a point so far this season.

“What we are really pleased about that it’s a sign of progress,” said Lowdon. “We only have 196 people. This is direct reward for people who have worked very hard.

“The money paid in the sport is based on results at the end of the season. We known from Brazil 2012 it can all change in a final moment. That had reprecussions in the tens of millions.

“We are only part way through this season, so we keep our feet on the ground.”

Jules Bianchi put in a stunning drive, starting on the soft tyres and pitting for supersofts with over 50 laps to go. He picked up places as others suffered misfortunes and despite dropping from 8th to 9th after a 5 second penalty was added to his race time, he said that improvements at the recent Barcelona test had given the team confidence that a good result was possible in Monaco. They were disappointed after qualifying, especially when Bianchi had to start at the back of the grid with a gearbox penalty.

“The car was much more balanced and that’s why it made it much better for this race,” said Bianchi.

“Now, we have to keep our feet on the ground. We scored points, which is good, but without good luck we won’t be able to be in the points.”
TeflonSoul likes this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4232 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I would say it's a lot more than a "mood" issue.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9326398/Lauda-has-issue-with-Hamilton-s-mood

No more Ron Dennis to wipe his nose for him and a team mate that now can occasionally be his equal, who seems to relish the mind games.

Perhaps Merc will eventually tire of the crap, and pave the way for a Fred/Lewis swap. Fred is pretty tired of Ferrari having lost their way, and Luca would need an A List driver. Stranger things have happened.
Ferrari wouldn't have Lewis.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4233 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Ferrari wouldn't have Lewis.

Why not?
BGLeduc is online now  
post #4234 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I would say it's a lot more than a "mood" issue.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9326398/Lauda-has-issue-with-Hamilton-s-mood
This cracked me up:
"I had the same with [Alain] Prost. I hated the guy, but at least I said hello in the morning."

Quote:
Perhaps Merc will eventually tire of the crap, and pave the way for a Fred/Lewis swap. Fred is pretty tired of Ferrari having lost their way, and Luca would need an A List driver.
I dunno if Luca wants to hold LH's hand; he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4235 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Why not?
He tweeted tech pictures at McLaren. Hes immature, self centered, undisciplined and not a team player. At Ferrari, even more than any other team, the good of Ferrari takes precedence over everything else. The team tells the driver what to do. Not the driver telling the team what to do.
The guys just got too much baggage.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4236 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Here we go:

Nico Rosberg has denied questioning Lewis Hamilton's mental strength as the Mercedes team-mate heated up in Monaco.

Prior to the Monaco Grand Prix, Rosberg is alleged to have questioned his team-mate's ability to cope with pressure.

He reportedly told the German media: "Lewis' strengths and weaknesses have not changed (since karting).
"He is incredibly fast on track, but can snap if something is not quite right for him. I know where I can beat him."

However, in the wake of Sunday's race, which Rosberg won from pole position, the German has denied every saying that.

He told PA Sport: "That is definitely far from anything I've ever said, and ever would say.

"I've known Lewis for many years and he's always been strong, among other things, mentally, so I'm definitely not expecting him to crack any time soon, that's for sure.

"It's going to be a tough battle, which is going to be ongoing, but I would never say something like that anyway."

As for his relationship with the Brit, which took a knock when Rosberg controversially prevented Hamilton from fighting for pole position, the 28-year-old believes there is nothing to worry about.

"It's fine," he said.

"We've had discussions, and the benefit we have is we've known each other for so long.

"We always sit down, discuss and then move on, and that's what we've done this weekend."

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4237 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
What about Bianchi at the Scuderia?

Marussia team boss John Booth reckons Jules Bianchi demonstrated in Monaco that he is "ready" for when Ferrari need him.

Backed by the Italian stable, Bianchi was quick to thank Ferrari for the support after netting his first F1 Championship points in Monte Carlo.

"I would like to thank the Ferrari Driver Academy, who support me every step of my career," said the Frenchman.

Bianchi was linked to a seat at Ferrari prior to Kimi Raikkonen's return, however, at the time he was deemed to be too inexperienced.

Whether Sunday's points will change the opinion remains to be seen.

"A lot will depend on Jules and Kimi I'm guessing," said Marussia boss Booth.

"If Ferrari need him, I think he's ready to go now. A lot will depend on how those two (Fernando Alonso and Raikkonen) finish up.

"But I think he's a long career ahead of him in F1. He's an absolute top driver."

Meanwhile, Alonso has praised Bianchi for breaking his duck.

"I'm very happy for him," said the double World Champion.

"He's part of the Ferrari driver academy, but also a friend. We spend a lot of time together in Maranello, we play football, go cycling, we travel together on the same plane for some races.

"He's a friend and I'm extremely happy for him and very proud of what his result will mean for him in his career.

"I have no doubt it will be a good career. Hopefully with this result he can have a more competitive car next year and show his talent even more."

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4238 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Here we go:

Nico Rosberg has denied questioning Lewis Hamilton's mental strength as the Mercedes team-mate heated up in Monaco.

Prior to the Monaco Grand Prix, Rosberg is alleged to have questioned his team-mate's ability to cope with pressure.

He reportedly told the German media: "Lewis' strengths and weaknesses have not changed (since karting).
"He is incredibly fast on track, but can snap if something is not quite right for him. I know where I can beat him."

However, in the wake of Sunday's race, which Rosberg won from pole position, the German has denied every saying that.

He told PA Sport: "That is definitely far from anything I've ever said, and ever would say.

"I've known Lewis for many years and he's always been strong, among other things, mentally, so I'm definitely not expecting him to crack any time soon, that's for sure.

"It's going to be a tough battle, which is going to be ongoing, but I would never say something like that anyway."

As for his relationship with the Brit, which took a knock when Rosberg controversially prevented Hamilton from fighting for pole position, the 28-year-old believes there is nothing to worry about.

"It's fine," he said.

"We've had discussions, and the benefit we have is we've known each other for so long.

"We always sit down, discuss and then move on, and that's what we've done this weekend."

I kind of wish Nico had made that quote.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #4239 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

He tweeted tech pictures at McLaren. Hes immature, self centered, undisciplined and not a team player. At Ferrari, even more than any other team, the good of Ferrari takes precedence over everything else. The team tells the driver what to do. Not the driver telling the team what to do.
The guys just got too much baggage.

Just that? :-)
BGLeduc is online now  
post #4240 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
If it wasn't for bad luck, Kimi wouldn't have any at all:

Kimi Raikkonen was unhappy with the stewards in Monaco, saying more needed to be done when Max Chilton hit him while unlapping himself behind the Safety Car.

The Safety Car was brought out for the second time on Sunday afternoon when Adrian Sutil crashed his Sauber at the exit of the tunnel.

After the debris was cleared up, lapped cars were allowed to pass during which time Chilton hit Raikkonen's Ferrari.

The impact caused a puncture, forcing Raikkonen to pit and effectively putting an end to his podium challenge.

Chilton was later reprimanded, however, Raikkonen, who received a reprimand of his own for a later incident with Kevin Magnussen, feels more should have been done.

"Nobody talked about the Safety Car thing until I asked," the Ferrari driver told ESPN.

"It's not very straightforward unfortunately with those things sometimes.

"Obviously that was the thing that destroyed the race, but clearly they were not very interested.

"They asked why I missed the drivers' parade, but that was because I did not feel very good. So they make a big story about that, but not the main things."

Raikkonen finished the grand prix in 12th place, one lap down on race winner Nico Rosberg.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4241 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Just that? :-)
And he looks funny.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4242 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

...Perhaps Merc will eventually tire of the crap, and pave the way for a Fred/Lewis swap. Fred is pretty tired of Ferrari having lost their way, and Luca would need an A List driver. Stranger things have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

And he looks funny.

I'm not sure why there's so little love for Hamilton here. Mercedes sought him out and knew what they were getting, so I think he'll be there for a while (I'm assuming he'll get the better of Rosberg at most tracks and so won't choose to leave of his own accord).

And to solve the issue of did he or didn't he cause a yellow flag deliberately, I would have a 5 place grid penalty for anyone causing a yellow flag during qualifying.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #4243 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post



I would have a 5 place grid penalty for anyone causing a yellow flag during qualifying.
That's a little harsh I would think.
What of someone crashing on track?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4244 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

FWIW, I enjoy the drama and intensity of F1 pit stops.
It's kinda like the drivers driving on-the-edge....one slip up and it's all over.wink.gif

I like F1's lightning fast pit stops too. I was thinking about this yesterday when I was watching the Indy 500. Although the refueling aspect of an Indy car pit stop does make it longer, the whole exercise brought to mind a Chinese fire drill. In F1, though, the pit crews remind me of dancers in a Broadway show.
gwsat is online now  
post #4245 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

That's a little harsh I would think.
What of someone crashing on track?

Qualifying is meant to reward the best drivers, not the ones who have accidents.

You already get a penalty if you directly block someone during qualifying, but there seems to be a loophole if you indirectly ruin someone's lap by crashing yourself.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #4246 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I would say it's a lot more than a "mood" issue.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9326398/Lauda-has-issue-with-Hamilton-s-mood

No more Ron Dennis to wipe his nose for him and a team mate that now can occasionally be his equal, who seems to relish the mind games.

Perhaps Merc will eventually tire of the crap, and pave the way for a Fred/Lewis swap. Fred is pretty tired of Ferrari having lost their way, and Luca would need an A List driver. Stranger things have happened.


The transcript from their meeting was just leaked --- smile.gif

  • Niki - Hello Lewis, come in and sit down.

  • Lewis - I don't want to sit down, I want to stand.

  • Niki - Lewis, sit down.

  • Lewis - Yes sir.

  • Niki - Now Lewis, we have to do something about all this bickering and pouting. We here at Mercedes have an image that.........

  • Lewis - (interrupting) It's not FAIR. I want to win. I'm faster. This is all stupid. Stupid Stupid Stupid!! (stamps foot)

  • Niki - Jesus...

  • Lewis - And you guys let him cheat and didn't pit me right. I had something in my eye! And you don't like my girlfriend!

  • Niki - The last part is true. Dude, nobody likes her. However, this will end here. You are to act like a proper sportsman from here on out! I'm not asking, Lewis. I'm telling you. Get a grip man. Are we clear on this?

  • Lewis - I dunno, maybe.

  • Niki - (pauses).....Lewis, have you seen my bunny suit?

  • Lewis - I...Uhh..

  • Niki - It's really very good. Made it myself. Spared no expense. The right ear has even got realistic burn marks on it. Creepy.

  • Lewis - I've seen the light! Thank you, Niki, I'm much better now. Well, off to see Nico and give him a proper congratulation. Prolly stop and get him a little present too!

  • Niki - Excellent Lewis. I just knew you'd come around. Uh, one more thing before you go, Lewis. That whole "leaf out of Senna's book" thing? Don't ever compare yourself to Senna again. You couldn't carry his backpack let alone mine, you little twat!

  • Lewis - (sobs)

  • Niki - Good. Good. Let the ridiculousness of that thought flow through you for a while. Now get the hell out of here. And not a peep from you!

  • Lewis - Yes sir. (walks out and closes door)

  • Niki - (palm on forehead) Oy vey, whadda putz this guy.
Tack is online now  
post #4247 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

The transcript from their meeting was just leaked --- smile.gif

  • Niki - Hello Lewis, come in and sit down.

  • Lewis - I don't want to sit down, I want to stand.

  • Niki - Lewis, sit down.

  • Lewis - Yes sir.

  • Niki - Now Lewis, we have to do something about all this bickering and pouting. We here at Mercedes have an image that.........

  • Lewis - (interrupting) It's not FAIR. I want to win. I'm faster. This is all stupid. Stupid Stupid Stupid!! (stamps foot)

  • Niki - Jesus...

  • Lewis - And you guys let him cheat and didn't pit me right. I had something in my eye! And you don't like my girlfriend!

  • Niki - The last part is true. Dude, nobody likes her. However, this will end here. You are to act like a proper sportsman from here on out! I'm not asking, Lewis. I'm telling you. Get a grip man. Are we clear on this?

  • Lewis - I dunno, maybe.

  • Niki - (pauses).....Lewis, have you seen my bunny suit?

  • Lewis - I...Uhh..

  • Niki - It's really very good. Made it myself. Spared no expense. The right ear has even got realistic burn marks on it. Creepy.

  • Lewis - I've seen the light! Thank you, Niki, I'm much better now. Well, off to see Nico and give him a proper congratulation. Prolly stop and get him a little present too!

  • Niki - Excellent Lewis. I just knew you'd come around. Uh, one more thing before you go, Lewis. That whole "leaf out of Senna's book" thing? Don't ever compare yourself to Senna again. You couldn't carry his backpack let alone mine, you little twat!

  • Lewis - (sobs)

  • Niki - Good. Good. Let the ridiculousness of that thought flow through you for a while. Now get the hell out of here. And not a peep from you!

  • Lewis - Yes sir. (walks out and closes door)

  • Niki - (palm on forehead) Oy vey, whadda putz this guy.

I regret that I only have one Upward Facing Thumb to give to this post. :-)
BGLeduc is online now  
post #4248 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Qualifying is meant to reward the best drivers, not the ones who have accidents.
You have a point.
However, I don't see how this could be implementable in a fair way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I regret that I only have one Upward Facing Thumb to give to this post. :-)
This.
I dunno if that was an original creation by Tack, but it sure the hell was funnier than all get out.tongue.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4249 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Here is the YouTube Channel for Formula E:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4250 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
They surely got this one right.

BGLeduc is online now  
post #4251 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
If Mario Andretti thinks so its hard to argue.
btw That was Marios sons (Michael) driver that won Indy. But I imagine you know that.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4252 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

If Mario Andretti thinks so its hard to argue.
btw That was Marios sons (Michael) driver that won Indy. But I imagine you know that.

I did indeed. I think the announcer said that was the 3rd Andretti team car to win the 500.

I was never much of a Kurt Busch fan (would have liked to see his brother in an F1 car though), and learning to drive Indy for a NASCAR guy (and being very competitive at that), is not like he went to Monza in a Ferrari and scored points, but it still takes some massive talent. Good on him, I say.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #4253 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


I dunno if that was an original creation by Tack, but it sure the hell was funnier than all get out.tongue.gif


It was a Tack™ Original©®. All rights reserved. MMXIV smile.gif
Tack is online now  
post #4254 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

What about Bianchi at the Scuderia?

Marussia team boss John Booth reckons Jules Bianchi demonstrated in Monaco that he is "ready" for when Ferrari need him.



Jules was a great story this weekend. He's a nice kid with a great future. I was really happy to see the broadcast gave him the extra screentime. I wonder exactly how many dollars those points are equivalent to at the end of the year.
Tack is online now  
post #4255 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Real shame about Raikkonen. That puncture probably cost him a podium. He was running 3rd when he got it. And with Vettel out a good finish would have helped a lot in the Constructors.


That was awful. His start was brilliant. I think it was Bianchi that poked his tire from behind.
Tack is online now  
post #4256 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 3,731
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 798
I thought Hulk's pass on Magnussen at Portier was one of the highlights of the race.

Button plooping Perez into the wall was somehow fitting after last year. How's that shoe feel Sergio? Good fit, yes?
Tack is online now  
post #4257 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Jules was a great story this weekend. He's a nice kid with a great future. I was really happy to see the broadcast gave him the extra screentime. I wonder exactly how many dollars those points are equivalent to at the end of the year.
Certainly tens of millions. Big money for a small team.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4258 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Button plooping Perez into the wall was somehow fitting after last year. How's that shoe feel Sergio? Good fit, yes?
+1

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #4259 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

It was a Tack™ Original©®. All rights reserved. MMXIV smile.gif
Well done, Sir Tack.cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

I wonder exactly how many dollars those points are equivalent to at the end of the year.
IIRC, last year's final points paying spot was 40m, which went to Marussia by virtue of finishing ahead of Caterham.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #4260 of 6639 Old 05-26-2014, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 6,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 50
You guys are worse than a bunch of women gossiping about celebrities.


I find it humorous that there is all of this hate for Hamilton, but everyone seems to love Senna. Ayrton was probably the biggest crybaby on the grid. Of course, everyone overlooked this because he was the fastest driver on the grid. Outside of Alonso and Vettel, you have LH and Ferrari would grab him in a second if Alonso ever left.


As for the Indy 500, I am glad an American finally won it. Until 1990, it had been pretty much dominated by American drivers. RHR is only the third US driver since 2000 to win it.

It isn't surprising to me that Kurt Busch did well, as he is a great driver and would probably be the top driver in the series after a year of driving in the series. I believe it was Terry Earwood from Skip Barber that told me that Bill Elliot was up to speed quickly when he went to the school to get some tips on road course driving. Fast is fast and as I have said before half of the drivers in Nascar are better than all of the Indy drivers.

As for the final race of the day, JJ ran a hell of a race. I guess that is why he is one of the top five drivers in the world. I do agree with my dad though that it seems almost pre-ordained that a caution will come out with ten laps to go. One of the annoying things about Nascar.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!


My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
Ericglo is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off