2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 166 - AVS Forum
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 2014 Formula 1 in HD
Tack's Avatar Tack 03:22 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

This is pretty cool -

"Safety Car Restarts
Safety Car restarts will now be a standing start from the grid. Standing starts will not be carried out if the Safety Car is used within two laps of the start (or restart) of a race or if there are less than five laps of the race remaining."

The rest of it, not so much. Four engines for twenty races. More reason for them not to rev them out as much.
Even less pre-season testing increases the odds that if you aren't good early on, you'll never catch up.

Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 03:34 PM 06-26-2014
The engine freeze has been a godsend for Mercedes this year. When they made that decision the season was handed to them.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 04:15 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
This is pretty cool -

"Safety Car Restarts
Safety Car restarts will now be a standing start from the grid. Standing starts will not be carried out if the Safety Car is used within two laps of the start (or restart) of a race or if there are less than five laps of the race remaining."

The rest of it, not so much. Four engines for twenty races. More reason for them not to rev them out as much.
Even less pre-season testing increases the odds that if you aren't good early on, you'll never catch up.
You really think this is a good idea? F1 is is committing suicide slowly but surely. Another gimmick no one asked for to add to the "show". You bust your balls to build a lead, and you get Maldonado'd during a restart. That's what the fans want to see?

Buxton has had his say:

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com...ne-maquillage/

I can't disagree with ANYTHING he said.
Tack's Avatar Tack 05:05 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
You really think this is a good idea? F1 is is committing suicide slowly but surely. Another gimmick no one asked for to add to the "show". You bust your balls to build a lead, and you get Maldonado'd during a restart. That's what the fans want to see?

Buxton has had his say:

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com...ne-maquillage/

I can't disagree with ANYTHING he said.
Haven't read that yet but you do have a point. The problem with the way it is now is that the leader always scampers far away at the green. So if there was a tight battle then it isn't anymore. My bias probably comes from the starts being one of the best things about the races.

I raced motocross for years and watching the F1 starts is the closest I get to the butterflies and anticipation I used to get. Just need the small of race fuel. It's an almost unholy euphoria.

Sorry, getting carried away there.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 05:22 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Haven't read that yet but you do have a point. The problem with the way it is now is that the leader always scampers far away at the green. So if there was a tight battle then it isn't anymore. My bias probably comes from the starts being one of the best things about the races.

I raced motocross for years and watching the F1 starts is the closest I get to the butterflies and anticipation I used to get. Just need the small of race fuel. It's an almost unholy euphoria.

Agreed on all points . Now, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine the smell of Castrol R wafting through the air. Ahhh.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 05:25 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:

Carried away indeed. I would have thought Inga would do a better job of keeping you under control. :-)

BTW, whoever that spectacular slice of babeage is, she speaks my unspoken language.
Tack's Avatar Tack 05:37 PM 06-26-2014
Damn Buxton is on fire! I tell you, Will won't be our pit reporter much longer. He's either going to get run out of F1 or end up running the damn thing. Just needs to tame that metrosexual thing a little.

This whole spark thing. Grown men approved this? I thought clothes pins holding playing cards in my bicycles spokes was cool.... When I was 8.
ragged's Avatar ragged 05:49 PM 06-26-2014
Will Buxton is the most annoying commentator ever. The other commentators are amazing and are a big part of the TV show. When they take jabs at each other or tell some old racing story it's really fun. It always seems that when they play driver pit audio exchange good old Buxton always manages to pipe up with some stupid comment and you miss out on the conversation.
Tack's Avatar Tack 05:51 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Agreed on all points . Now, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine the smell of Castrol R wafting through the air. Ahhh.
There's just never going to be a substitute is there? No wonder old men get bitter. At least I still got booze. And Inga.

Move to Cali and we'll get shifter carts and terrorize Willow Springs.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 03:59 AM 06-27-2014
Quote:
There's just never going to be a substitute is there? No wonder old men get bitter. At least I still got booze. And Inga.

Move to Cali and we'll get shifter carts and terrorize Willow Springs.
Ahh, booze,Inga and shifter karts, packing my bag !
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:34 AM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Ahh, booze,Inga and shifter karts, packing my bag !
Sounds like a combination for disaster to me. Enjoy!
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:34 AM 06-28-2014
2 IndyCar Grands Prix of Houston this weekend. Its a doubleheader. Saturday and Sunday. Both at 3p EST on NBCSN.
Leigh Diffey, Paul Tracey and Steve Matchett will be the commentators.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:06 AM 06-28-2014
IndyCar announced that it will be providing free live straming of ALL practices for the remainder of the 2014 season at IndyCar.com. It also includes real time Timing and Scoring.
The live practice streams can be viewed at RaceControl.IndyCar.com
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 12:27 PM 06-29-2014
Watching the Tudor race, those Vipers look sweet dressed in red.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 12:56 PM 06-29-2014
IndyCar starting now.
DTM on at 5p EST. CBSSN
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 05:15 PM 06-29-2014
PSA: The race and quali for next weekend's British Gran Prix will be live on CNBC, rather than NBCS or NBC.

I was looking at my D* guide, and it had picked up the rebroadcasts on NBCS. It does appear that practice is live on NBCS.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:06 PM 06-29-2014
Quote:
PSA: The race and quali for next weekend's British Gran Prix will be live on CNBC, rather than NBCS or NBC.

I was looking at my D* guide, and it had picked up the rebroadcasts on NBCS. It does appear that practice is live on NBCS.
I posted this a while back but I believe that all the races in July are on CNBC.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 09:36 AM 06-30-2014
Quote:

Thanks for the reminder. Until I checked my TiVo's To Do list I hadn't realized that I was going to miss the live telecasts of both qualifying and the race because they are being shown on CNBC. I was able to correct the problem easily, thanks to your timely reminder.
Tack's Avatar Tack 10:26 AM 06-30-2014
I love when it's the European portion of the schedule. Tons of history and some great corner names. Everything just seems better.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 04:11 PM 06-30-2014
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 04:13 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
I love when it's the European portion of the schedule. Tons of history and some great corner names. Everything just seems better.
That's because it is better,Spa is the crown jewel.
Tack's Avatar Tack 07:16 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Well that didn't take long. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Even smashed up, that car looks incredible.
Tack's Avatar Tack 07:26 PM 06-30-2014

Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:46 PM 06-30-2014
Just finished watching the second IndyCar race at Houston. Great race! Very exciting. Lots of scrappin and passing.
Had high hopes for Luca Filippi. The GP2 driver crashed out by himself in both races this weekend.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 08:00 PM 06-30-2014
Getting ready to watch GP2 race 2 at Austria. Even though its based on the results of race 1 its very cool to see Alexander Rossi starting from the pole position.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 11:01 AM 07-01-2014
Bernie is always good for a sensational quote:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...nza-after-2016

May as well dump Monaco, Spa and Silverstone too. Surely there are some additional 3rd world countries looking for legitimacy on the world stage, and Bernie will be happy to oblige for the right number of Euros.

Anyone here believe that Bernie actually loses any money on any race on the current calendar? I sure don't. On the other hand, I bet that many track owners get reamed as though they are Max Mosley in a Nazi themed Sex Dungeon for the privilege of hosting an F1 race.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 11:44 AM 07-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgleduc View Post
bernie is always good for a sensational quote:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...nza-after-2016i bet that many track owners get reamed as though they are max mosley in a nazi themed sex dungeon for the privilege of hosting an f1 race.
lol
Tack's Avatar Tack 07:57 PM 07-02-2014
Well this thread has certainly died.

Apparently right alongside of F1.

"Bernie wants eight teams and three cars"

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/93...ams-Three-Cars
Tack's Avatar Tack 08:01 PM 07-02-2014

Just give me the CASH!

stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 08:03 PM 07-02-2014
Quote:
Well this thread has certainly died.

Apparently right alongside of F1.

"Bernie wants eight teams and three cars"

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/93...ams-Three-Cars
Not dead yet,but on life support.Yeah, not many F1 thrills,maybe we should go OT for a bit,that picks things up a bit. 😏
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop