2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 169 - AVS Forum
First ... 167  168  169 170  171  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 2014 Formula 1 in HD
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 04:20 AM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Spotted on Seb's wing.
lol

zeus33's Avatar zeus33 10:39 AM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
The FIA met after Silverstone to talk about ways to keep drivers from exceeding the circuit limits. One of the proposals was a new track layout standard. I think I read where Ken Block was quoted as saying "Yeah. Cool. Bring it on". :-)

You have to watch the vid to truly appreciate that:
You Tube

Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 11:12 AM 07-08-2014
I always appreciate M Power.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 11:23 AM 07-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
You have to watch the vid to truly appreciate that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFtUpMTs4vI
No f*cking way! That has to be a CG job!
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 10:03 AM 07-09-2014
PLEASE let this happen:

FRIC BAN MAY END MERCEDES DOMINANCE

If the latest developments in Formula 1 are any indication, the Mercedes’ utter dominance might not last for too much longer.

Last year, we reported that a secret under the skin of the silver car is: FRIC – standing for front and rear interconnected.

Emulating active suspension, the system is now widespread up and down the pitlane, but the FIA’s Charlie Whiting has sent a letter to teams warning that FRIC’s legality could be called into question.

An immediate ban is reportedly on the cards. And that is not all. The Spanish sports newspaper Marca reports that the FIA is also considering clamping down on the rate and flow of hybrid power from the new 2014 V6 turbo power units.

A source was quoted as saying that while the actual combustion engines produced by Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault this year are remarkably close in performance, the big advantage enjoyed by Mercedes is in the ‘hybrid’ areas.

The source said Mercedes’ advantage could be as much as “between 110 to 130 horse power on the straights”.

Finally, Mercedes could be set to lose a first-lap advantage over its rivals, after Williams’ Felipe Massa complained about the behaviour of the silver cars on the formation lap at Silverstone.

“I had to stop twice, pulling in the clutch,” the Brazilian is quoted by Spain’s sports daily AS. “They’re doing it [driving slowly] for some reason. We always complain, and Charlie said that he was going to fix it, but no one has been penalised yet,” Massa added.

zeus33's Avatar zeus33 10:05 AM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
No f*cking way! That has to be a CG job!

I don't think so. Ken Block has ridiculous car control. Have you seen his Gymkhana vids? If not, head over to YouTube and enjoy.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 12:41 PM 07-09-2014
According to my TiVo's To Do List, German GP practice will be shown by NBCSN at 1:30 PM on Friday, qualification at 11:00 AM Saturday, and the race at 11:00 AM on Sunday. Is this coverage really going to be shown on a tape delayed basis and if so, will there be a live telecast available for we F1 deprived Americans?
Ronzo3's Avatar Ronzo3 12:54 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Finally, Mercedes could be set to lose a first-lap advantage over its rivals, after Williams’ Felipe Massa complained about the behaviour of the silver cars on the formation lap at Silverstone.

“I had to stop twice, pulling in the clutch,” the Brazilian is quoted by Spain’s sports daily AS. “They’re doing it [driving slowly] for some reason. We always complain, and Charlie said that he was going to fix it, but no one has been penalised yet,” Massa added.
[Eric Cartman voice] Day's never finished...Massa keeps complainin'... someday Massa will just drive...[/Eric Cartman voice]
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 02:37 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
According to my TiVo's To Do List, German GP practice will be shown by NBCSN at 1:30 PM on Friday, qualification at 11:00 AM Saturday, and the race at 11:00 AM on Sunday. Is this coverage really going to be shown on a tape delayed basis and if so, will there be a live telecast available for we F1 deprived Americans?
Check CNBC for times.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 03:31 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
Check CNBC for times.
I checked CNBC before I posted my question but according to my guide, they won't have any converge of the German GP.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 05:31 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I checked CNBC before I posted my question but according to my guide, they won't have any converge of the German GP.
I guess I should have checked before posting,my bad.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 09:42 PM 07-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
I don't think so. Ken Block has ridiculous car control. Have you seen his Gymkhana vids? If not, head over to YouTube and enjoy.
I have seen plenty of Ken Block videos and he indeed has alien car control skills, but this one just seems fake. Entertaining, but fake.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 03:06 AM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I checked CNBC before I posted my question but according to my guide, they won't have any converge of the German GP.
The Guide could change as the race gets closer.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:03 AM 07-10-2014
Alonso easily has the best drive of the race. 87 points to Raikkonens 19 now. If Ferrari can ever find someone that is even close to Alonsos talent they could get something done.
Feel bad for Rosberg but it seems the Merc F1 cars are like their road cars. All the bells & whistles but unreliable.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:16 AM 07-10-2014
Why didnt Vettel get a penalty when he very clearly got all 4 wheels off in lap 47?
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:37 AM 07-10-2014
Great to see Surtees on the podium.
DC gets on my nerves with his ever present pink shirt. Makes me wonder about him.
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 06:33 AM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
I have seen plenty of Ken Block videos and he indeed has alien car control skills, but this one just seems fake. Entertaining, but fake.
The driving, drift and all does look real. As for the "racetrack carrier"....
slowbiscuit 07:44 AM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I checked CNBC before I posted my question but according to my guide, they won't have any converge of the German GP.
They will, it just hasn't shown up yet in the guide. Saw the same issue with the British GP.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 08:53 AM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
They will, it just hasn't shown up yet in the guide. Saw the same issue with the British GP.
I think you are probably right about this. Although the German GP telecast on CNBC still doesn't show up in my guide, the NBC Sports site indicates that CNBC will have live coverage of both qualifying on 7/18 and the race itself on 7/19.
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 12:15 PM 07-10-2014
Mercedes to remove Fric for Hockenheim

Mercedes will remove the complex 'Fric' system from its dominant F1 car ahead of next weekend's German grand prix.

The FIA surprised the entire world of F1 this week by informing teams that it now regards the innovation, which mimicks outlawed active suspension, as potentially illegal.

The technical directive issued by Charlie Whiting opened the door for some teams to lodge protests in Hockenheim and beyond that could forseeably be upheld by the stewards.

On Thursday, Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reported that the teams most likely to lodge protests are McLaren, Ferrari and Caterham.

The technology, linking the four suspension corners hydraulically, has been around for at least a couple of years, when it was pioneered by Lotus.

It is therefore a surprise to most F1 figures that, suddenly, the FIA is wondering aloud if it contravenes the catch-all regulations against moveable aerodynamic devices.

Most cars in 2014 feature some sort of 'Fric' iteration, but it is widely believed that Mercedes and Red Bull have developed the most complex and effective systems.

Mercedes team chairman Niki Lauda said on Thursday: "The system has been used for two and a half years and all technical inspections have occurred without objection.

"So it is difficult to understand why suddenly the perspective has changed," he told Auto Motor und Sport's respected correspondent Michael Schmidt.

Lauda called on the FIA to take a precise position on the legality of the system.

"We don't want to invest any more in something that is against the rules. We want to know whether it is legal or illegal," he said.

Schmdit said he expects Red Bull will also remove 'Fric' - standing for 'front and rear inter-connected' - from its title-chasing car for Hockenheim.

Tack's Avatar Tack 12:36 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I think you are probably right about this. Although the German GP telecast on CNBC still doesn't show up in my guide, the NBC Sports site indicates that CNBC will have live coverage of both qualifying on 7/18 and the race itself on 7/19.

Wow, that is one seriously ugly and unhelpful web site. Thanks for digging through that.


BGLeduc -- Where were you getting those pictures that showed the schedule of the upcoming races? Those were very concise.
Tack's Avatar Tack 12:48 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Mercedes to remove Fric for Hockenheim

Mercedes will remove the complex 'Fric' system from its dominant F1 car ahead of next weekend's German grand prix.


Craziness. Who knows what makes the FIA tick anymore. They're like a Star Chamber. Let's trade Monza for some Eurasian stinkhole and keep slowing the cars down. There's got to be suitcases of money changing hands constantly behind closed doors.



Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 02:56 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Craziness. There's got to be suitcases of money changing hands constantly behind closed doors.
Thats the only explanation that makes any sense to me.
BGLeduc's Avatar BGLeduc 05:20 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Wow, that is one seriously ugly and unhelpful web site. Thanks for digging through that.


BGLeduc -- Where were you getting those pictures that showed the schedule of the upcoming races? Those were very concise.
Members of the NBCS broadcast team tweet them out. It was trivial to post them to the thread from my phone, but no can do with the new mobile forum software. It's even less convenient with the desk top version, so I have given up for now.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:03 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Members of the NBCS broadcast team tweet them out. It was trivial to post them to the thread from my phone, but no can do with the new mobile forum software. It's even less convenient with the desk top version, so I have given up for now.
Bummer
Tack's Avatar Tack 06:24 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Bummer

Yea those were perfect.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 06:27 PM 07-10-2014
I miss the old ways. 😭 Trying Tapatalk on phone. Mobile version sucks.
Tack's Avatar Tack 06:40 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
I miss the old ways. 😭 Trying Tapatalk on phone. Mobile version sucks.

The "new" ways have seemed to have cost a lot of traffic, and not just in this thread.
stevew24963's Avatar stevew24963 06:42 PM 07-10-2014
It's a forum wide epidemic.
Tack's Avatar Tack 06:44 PM 07-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Members of the NBCS broadcast team tweet them out. It was trivial to post them to the thread from my phone, but no can do with the new mobile forum software. It's even less convenient with the desk top version, so I have given up for now.

I don't mind dealing with the picture hassle, but I don't twit, or tweet or whatever. If you happen to come across them, pm me a link and I'll mess with it.
First ... 167  168  169 170  171  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop