Forum Jump: 
 81Likes

post #5281 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 404
I agree that the Hungarian GP was a great race indeed. That was the most fun I had watching an F1 race this season.
stevew24963 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I agree that the Hungarian GP was a great race indeed. That was the most fun I had watching an F1 race this season.
Agreed,sort of a slow burner at the start,but damn,what a finish!!
post #5283 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Great race, and at the end you could see Hamilton is not happy with his team at the moment. Lots of strange reliability problems, and then they asked him to move over for Rosberg at one point! No way that was going to happen.
post #5284 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 164
If you have not yet watched Hungary, avert your eyes….

Amazing race. I was literally at the edge of my seat for the last 10 laps or so. Amazing how a race in changeable conditions throws a few jokers into the deck, delivering some unlikely results. With that said….

Massive props to Ricciardo for a brilliant drive, and RB for a brilliant strategy. I am guessing Finger Boy right now is heading for some psychological counseling during the break. Nice Danny Sullivan move on the main straight though.

And massive props to Hamilton for reaching the podium from the pit lane. I am no fan, but I still maintain that he is the better of the two Merc boys, if he can both get a reliable car and most importantly keep his head screwed on straight.

And one more set of massive props to Fred to hang on for P2 on totally spent tires in a decidedly second or third tier car. Even Kimi managed to not throwaway an opportunity for some good points.

On the negative side of the ledger, Rosberg has demonstrated that Lewis is not the only Diva on the grid with an outsized sense of entitlement. Good for Lewis to flip the bird at team orders. Rosberg was not at all quicker at that point in the race. To feel aggrieved that your team mate who is battling with you tooth and nail for the WC should move over says a lot about Nico's mindset. I think both these guys can use a couple weeks off, get laid a bit, and relax.

Lauda as usual calls a spade a spade.

http://en.espnf1.com/hungary/motorsp...ry/169777.html
post #5285 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
"I would not have even answered." Lauda is brilliant indeed. To let Rosberg pass was absurd!
post #5286 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
How about Fernando Alonso? I am a huge Rafael Nadal fan but the way Fernando Alonso drives compels me to vote for Alonso despite Rafa's accomplishments.

Home Theater Aficionado
post #5287 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenyatto View Post
How about Fernando Alonso? I am a huge Rafael Nadal fan but the way Fernando Alonso drives compels me to vote for Alonso despite Rafa's accomplishments.
Was there a poll for Best Spanish Sportsman that we missed? :-)
Tack likes this.
post #5288 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Excellent analysis of the current situation at Merc, and from the BBC no less.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/28517522
post #5289 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 404
I am not a big Hamilton fan either. His radio communications often tend toward the hysterical but he was absolutely right to blow off his team's order that he should let Nico pass him. When that order was first transmitted, Nico wasn't close enough to pass Hamilton unless Hamilton had slowed down for him. Anyway, no race car driver with an ounce of pride would ever voluntarily give up a spot on the podium to a teammate who wasn't faster anyway, much less one who has been a world champion. In this instance at least, Lewis was absolutely right.

As much fun as the race was, the decision of the producer who was deciding which one of video feeds to show to concentrate on the fight for fourth place while ignoring what was the much more interesting fight at the front shocked me. It was so wrongheaded even the NBCSN guys commented on it.
post #5290 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I am not a big Hamilton fan either. His radio communications often tend toward the hysterical but he was absolutely right to blow off his team's order that he should let Nico pass him. When that order was first transmitted, Nico wasn't close enough to pass Hamilton unless Hamilton had slowed down for him. Anyway, no race car driver with an ounce of pride would ever voluntarily give up a spot on the podium to a teammate who wasn't faster anyway, much less one who has been a world champion. In this instance at least, Lewis was absolutely right.

As much fun as the race was, the decision of the producer who was deciding which one of video feeds to show to concentrate on the fight for fourth place while ignoring what was the much more interesting fight at the front shocked me. It was so wrongheaded even the NBCSN guys commented on it.
Agree on the crap coverage during the last 10 laps. Completely out of NBC's hands, but I can't believe that fans around the world were not screaming that as good a fight at it was, no one gives a craps about 5th place when the podium positions were being settled.
To their credit, they did not really miss anything but it was frustrating.

I dream of a world where I can buy a commercial free F1 subscription with multiple camera shots that I can choose via remote. I would also like a lap dance from Scarlett Johansson. :-)
stevew24963 likes this.
post #5291 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Was there a poll for Best Spanish Sportsman that we missed? :-)
Andy Roddick retired and Isner like Roddick can NOT hang with the Europeans or the Spaniards for that matter. Cheever was the last American F1 driver to make a little noise but nothing to write about. WHY don't you tell me?

Home Theater Aficionado

Last edited by Zenyatto; Yesterday at 07:40 PM. Reason: Correction.
post #5292 of 5292 Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wow, I feel like I am in opposite world here. I thought the last race was much better than this one. I was skipping forward multiple times until the last ten laps. And the feed sucked! I know you guys hate Nascar for some reason, but F1 really needs to hire ESPN to run the show. Absolutely pitiful.

I thought Rosberg was holding everyone up in the middle of the race. Matter of fact I didn't think he got racy till he put on the last set of tires and that was only because he was much faster than everyone else.

I think Lewis did a great job all things considered. It did look like he settled there at the end until Nico pressed him.

From Button and Mag, "Hey thanks for the stupid decision to go with wets." I don't know what would have happened, but Jenson was in second at the time.

From the Force India pit "Hey maybe we should hire Crashdor to bring our cars home in one piece."

Speaking of Crashdor, he did not miss a chance to run into someone again. I forgot who it was, but I am sure he was happy to be bumper car in a corner.

What happened to Bottas? One minute he looked good and then the safe car came out and he lost all composure.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page